AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2008-12-17, 05:12   Link #781
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Screenshots + brief summary if anyone is interested.

Dunno how the rest of you guys feel about KnK's storytelling, but the mystery/drive in the plot of 1-3 that connected things together was murders around town, and
Spoiler for movie 4 spoilers:
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 07:35   Link #782
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Thanks a lot for the summary/pictures. I'll be sure to give it a read once i've seen the fourth movie for myself. Don't want to go and spoil myself now. :3
Old 2008-12-17, 10:22   Link #783
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

The best part of part 4 was the return of the ice cream...
I wonder since they included "境界式" at the end of the movie, will the end of part 6 have the "Intermission - Lio" scene?
Old 2008-12-17, 13:49   Link #784
Xakanis

Spoiler for kara no kyoukai 4 ending:
Xakanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 16:32   Link #785
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Movie 04:

Last edited by Shiroth; 2008-12-17 at 16:46.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 21:22   Link #786
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xakanis View Post
I think it's a flash back prior to episode 3 before all that happened.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 21:54   Link #787
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
Oh this time it was so short, 30 mins really wasn't enough :/. Good though.

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 22:08   Link #788
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xakanis View Post
Spoiler for Novel explanation of scene:
Old 2008-12-18, 00:05   Link #789
NakedAngelX

So in term of time-line, this happens right after the second movie? And the second movie is first?

Spoiler for 4:
Old 2008-12-18, 00:58   Link #790
Spags
Computer Programmer

Send a message via AIM to Spags Send a message via MSN to Spags
Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedAngelX View Post
Spoiler for 4:
Spoiler for Answer:

"You have your way, I have my way, as for the right way, the correct way, it does not exists."

Last edited by Spags; 2008-12-18 at 01:49.
Spags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 01:21   Link #791
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
So in term of time-line, this happens right after the second movie? And the second movie is first?

Spoiler for 4:
bit of clarification on the eye thing:
Spoiler for :
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 13:52   Link #792
taelrak

I've always wondered why Ryogi Shiki could control her eyes without the aid of any special glasses, whereas Tohno Shiki needs them. Also why Tohno Shiki's eyes would cause him to die in his teens, whereas Ryogi seems to be living just fine. As I recall, even without his half-shared-drained life, his extensive use of his eyes would destroy his brain relatively soon. Maybe it's because Ryogi's opponents aren't quite as strong as Tohnos and she doesn't have to strain her eyes as much (to see lines conceptually in things that are immortal (i.e. Arcueid's source of immortality)...?
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 14:57   Link #793
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
The chronological order for the first five movies is: 2, 4, 3, 1, 5 !!!
From the 5th and onward, I think they are in chronological order, but I am not sure.

Anyway, again, excellent movie in all fields, animation, music, but especially script and its transfer to another medium! Now I can only hope with the release of Tsukihime (which is a rework of the original), it going to get a similar treatment.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 15:42   Link #794
Spags
Computer Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak View Post
I've always wondered why Ryogi Shiki could control her eyes without the aid of any special glasses, whereas Tohno Shiki needs them. Also why Tohno Shiki's eyes would cause him to die in his teens, whereas Ryogi seems to be living just fine. As I recall, even without his half-shared-drained life, his extensive use of his eyes would destroy his brain relatively soon. Maybe it's because Ryogi's opponents aren't quite as strong as Tohnos and she doesn't have to strain her eyes as much (to see lines conceptually in things that are immortal (i.e. Arcueid's source of immortality)...?
My personal take as to why Tohno eyes cause him strain because he doesn't accept them and therefore refuses them causing his mind to suffer, where as ryougi accepted the eyes and their power. Basically his death in his teens is caused from the mental strain of his eyes on his brain. Also note that ryogi's eyes possesses the ability to to perceive the death of life force and also the death of the existence of objects and concepts alike. At this level, it enables her to perceive and annihilate physical material, persons, diseases, ghosts, intentions, and even magecraft. Her eyes have proven a little more advance than Tohno's, (only because its never been stated or i might just not have read it that Tohno can kill concepts) but that's not a certainty.

Anyways if anyone's curious i get all my info on the Mystic Eyes from here. http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Mysti...ath_Perception

"You have your way, I have my way, as for the right way, the correct way, it does not exists."
Old 2008-12-18, 16:01   Link #795
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spags View Post
My personal take as to why Tohno eyes cause him strain because he doesn't accept them and therefore refuses them causing his mind to suffer, where as ryougi accepted the eyes and their power. Basically his death in his teens is caused from the mental strain of his eyes on his brain. Also note that ryogi's eyes possesses the ability to to perceive the death of life force and also the death of the existence of objects and concepts alike. At this level, it enables her to perceive and annihilate physical material, persons, diseases, ghosts, intentions, and even magecraft. Her eyes have proven a little more advance than Tohno's, (only because its never been stated or i might just not have read it that Tohno can kill concepts) but that's not a certainty.

Anyways if anyone's curious i get all my info on the Mystic Eyes from here. http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Mysti...ath_Perception
In terms of displayed capabilities, Tohno's eyes were shown to have the power to destroy "higher order" objects and concepts such as poisons, infecting life forces, reality marbles, a being's cycle of reincarnation, and so on. So it's certainly not as if he can't do all the things Ryogi can with his eyes.

It's just that whenever he uses the more extreme capabilities of the eyes, his brain nearly breaks. As for why, well you'd have to ask Nasu, he seemed to acquire a taste for protagonists whose abilities could kill them.
Old 2008-12-18, 16:04   Link #796
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Tohno can do the same, but trying to comprehend concepts and objets will most likely kill him (blood vessel being brusted).
There isn't anything related to "strong opponent" whatsoever, as Tohno was still suffering big time with lines and dots for inanimate object.

It seems the fact that Ryougi was in comatose state for 2 years (ptolonged near death experience), was a factor for her Magan.
Old 2008-12-18, 16:10   Link #797
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Tohno can do the same, but trying to comprehend concepts and objets will most likely kill him (blood vessel being brusted).
There isn't anything related to "strong opponent" whatsoever, as Tohno was still suffering big time with lines and dots for inanimate object.

It seems the fact that Ryougi was in comatose state for 2 years (ptolonged near death experience), was a factor for her Magan.
well, and she was born with a mystic eye ability that involved understanding concepts, so Ryogi probably had the right "wiring" to begin with.

you know, kinda funny now that I think about it, the mystic eyes setting fits much more in KnK, with all its discussions of issues like perception and recognition, than it does in Tsukihime. Sort of odd that KnK came first. >_>
Old 2008-12-18, 16:24   Link #798
Spags
Computer Programmer

Thanks for the clarification ashlay and Klashikari, good to know I just love the whole concept behind the eyes.

Old 2008-12-18, 17:14   Link #799
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
you know, kinda funny now that I think about it, the mystic eyes setting fits much more in KnK, with all its discussions of issues like perception and recognition, than it does in Tsukihime. Sort of odd that KnK came first. >_>
I agree with you that it suits KnK better, though i like the broken down version and how dark the mood can change in Tsukihime when they're the main topic. It's good that they're the same technique, though so different in both shows.

Small question, it may be answered on the link that was posted though i'll ask it anyway. Is Shiki able to control when she sees the lines? Probably not, though that's just the feeling i get with the fact that her eyes basically turn on and off when she chooses. Something probably not apart of the original novel as much as these movies.
Old 2008-12-18, 17:39   Link #800
Spags
Computer Programmer

I believe she only sees the lines when she turns the circuit on (aka turns her Mystic Eyes on), and with them off she doesn't see the lines.

Tags
action, harem, type moon