AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-09, 01:20   Link #21
symphonious7
Emperor of Dorkdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarulf View Post
From your description, it does sound interesting. It'd be great if you remember the name, but I know how it is. There are so many shows and manga, and remembering the names of all of them...
Well I'm especially bad, because I did this for years, and then finally realized that I needed to pay more attention. I'd just go on animefreak.tv and just go down the list of animes, and if I liked the first 5 minutes I'd keep watching till I lost interest. But I wasn't paying attention to the names, and you REALLY have to pay attention if you don't speak japanese, cause you won't associate the words with things, you only remember the syllables, so remembering konoko no hamiyata watashi wa suki (that's not a real anime I'm just making up an example) is WAY harder than remembering something in your own language like "The man who lost his way" Cause you remember the meaning AND the sound.

So my point is, I watched a ton of anime, and barely paid attention to the title, and now who knows how many of these animes I could look at the title and go "whoa that sounds interesting, I'll give it a shot" only to find out I've seen it... and on the flip side, how many animes do I remember the plot, but have no idea the name.

Really wish I'd done the animeplanet thing a long time ago.
Old 2012-02-09, 02:06   Link #22
Jarulf

I don't speak a word of Japanese either (well, apart from the occasional thing you pick up from manga/anime) so I know exactly how it is.
Now that I've returned to this I think I'll have to make a list of the things I've read or watched, with a few comments. Just to help me remember.
But we're getting just a bit OT here, aren't we?
Old 2012-02-09, 02:39   Link #23
symphonious7
Emperor of Dorkdom

My bad, ummm.... I hear dragon pink is pretty perverted.... not sure about the romance part, but the nudity is a for sure thing.... you could play dragon pink on one computer, then play Ah my Goddess on your television, keep switching your gaze between the two of them, and maybe the sexy and the romance would balance each other out into a romantic sex story.... I'm a genius.
Old 2012-02-09, 18:20   Link #24
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Glass no Megami - Great story with lots of drama, romance, and sex too.

Yuria 100 Shiki - Totally hilarious comedy with lots of nudity and awkward eyebrow raising moments.

Uwakoi - NTR twisted teenage love triangle at its finest. It has 4 chapters but it's totally worth reading.
Old 2012-02-09, 19:49   Link #25
Elegance

Yosuga No Sora. Its about a guy and his sister move into the rural part of the area. There are different girls and arcs in each. At the end of each arc is sex. Not sure if this is what you looking for.
Old 2012-02-09, 21:46   Link #26
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegance View Post
Yosuga No Sora. Its about a guy and his sister move into the rural part of the area. There are different girls and arcs in each. At the end of each arc is sex. Not sure if this is what you looking for.
ooh, beat me to it. this is definitely one of the better "this has sex in it" animes. its actually relevant to the plot, so they depict it.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2012-02-09, 23:03   Link #27
zatsu-chan
I want u... now!!! meow~

i dont know if somebody already said it but how about mizugi kanojo? but its not that romantic.... also yosuga no sora (addicted to yosuga no sora)
Old 2012-02-10, 01:54   Link #28
Jarulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by symphonious7 View Post
My bad, ummm.... I hear dragon pink is pretty perverted.... not sure about the romance part, but the nudity is a for sure thing....
I'll check it out, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by symphonious7 View Post
you could play dragon pink on one computer, then play Ah my Goddess on your television,
LOL. genius indeed.
Old 2012-02-10, 02:15   Link #29
Jarulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegance View Post
At least three people have suggested it now, so obviously I'll have to give it a try.

Yuria 100 Shiki has also got several mentions. Thanks everyone!

For the record I've started reading several of the manga suggested early in the thread.

Velvet Kiss - I think I'm going to like this one, I was a bit doubtful at first but I find myself being drawn in by the story. Nice art too. Now if only there was an uncensored version.

Kanojo wa Kanno Shousetsuka - Love this one. Less actual sex than you'd expect perhaps, but pretty nice art and a fun interesting story.
I almost wish they made a live action version of this, not that it's going to happen

Nozoki Ana - Less thrilled by this one. Not too keen on the art and the story doesn't seem very intersting so far. I'll probably keep reading, but it's not likely to become a favourite.

I also watched the first ep of Darling. Pretty funny but not great, and the art leaves a lot to be desired imo.
Old 2012-02-10, 03:01   Link #30
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I'll 2nd Irenicus suggestions, all very good stuff.

Minamoto-kun Monogatari - currently running series that deals with a guy trying get laid with 14 different woman including his extremely hawt aunt
Chapters are short tho at usually 8 pages long and it's up to chapter 16 atm I think.

Koibana Onsen - A pretty good romance story set at a onsen where I guy visiting falls in love with someone that works there.
Plenty of action to be had and all in all very nice.
Completely finished series.

Toshiue no Hito - Good romance about a guy and a young looking but older girl, pretty good stuff alraound here altho can't mind if the scans finished as I haven't read this in some time(which I'll need to get round to doing some time)

Henkoi! - ehh from what I can remember it's got sex....I think, well it does involve highschool kids but it was actually quite nice cause it was a simply enough story about a couple that did actually like each other and while yes there were obstacles and such, it's a nice story expect maybe the last chapter.
Very short at just 9 chapters if I recall and pretty sure there will be a few "fetishes" in there somewhere.
Basically a very borderline h series but one I actually liked.

Pink de Pink - pretty simlar to Henkoi!, highschool kids again and ghosts if I recall right.
TBH I can't really remember this very well but I think it fits with what you want.

Theres something that comes to mind, think it was called Gakkun Heaven or something like that.
Well it's about a teacher at that gets involved with another teacher and some students, I think it was he knew the teacher from before and that was the reason he became one I think.
Anyway I didn't like it, all I can remember is that it's all just too daft for my liking, everyone was plain stupid in it but I'll suggest it anyway, you may like.

Actually there are quite a few of these borderline H series that could fit but at same time not really fit, it's almost always the same thing with sex in every chapter and lots of sleeping around with different partners, whether or not you can say thats romantic in the least(as these series tend to gloss over cheating and rape and stuff) it's all there in essence.
I'd suggest maybe having a look at the Categories Boderline H tag on Mangaupdates.
On that note probably best to give up on the Gakkun Heaven or whatever it's called I mentioned above and going for some others that are better.
Virgin na Kankei and Glass no Megami are 2 pretty similar series to each other and better than the one mentioned abovew but even still not great.

Really tho with these types of series(mostly the really borderline stuff) you can't really expect much.

I'll need to do some digging around on these, I'm having a nightmare trying to remember this stuff>__<
Old 2012-02-17, 12:00   Link #31
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I also suggest you Holy Knight : The 2010 ongoing 2-volume (only 9 chapters are translated so far) supernatural action romance manga (adapted into this year's 2-episode, in which the first one will be released next month) follows a highschool boy named Shinta Mizumura who's recently transferred to a catholic school alongside his semi-romantic childhood friend named Chizuru Kakimura. One day, he mysteriously encounters the madonna of the school named Lilith Kishimoto who's in fact a vampire. The manga (in which the anime was based on) contain huge loads of ecchiness. There's few pantyshots here, however the manga contains a lot of good sex but also huge loads of rape.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-02-18, 03:56   Link #32
Jarulf

Thanks MisaoFan, but that doesn't sound like my cuppa. Highschoolers, vampires, rape.

Bonta Kun. Thanks, I'll check you suggestions.

Tags
adult