AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-06-04, 20:37   Link #121
Alchemist007
*Author

^Heh, I'm inclined to agree.

I myself don't like either but I would go with yuri just because I can watch it without being disgusted. Those are my reactions, I only watch straight stuff regularly.
Old 2012-06-04, 23:23   Link #122
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
Whenever I read yuri hentai doujins ,I always go with the futanari ones because I always thought natural penetration is always better and more erotic. It'snot that I find non-futa boring though. I just thought real sex will always involve a cock. XD
Wow, when I'm in the mood, I search for futa and yuri at the same time, and usually, the same manga or doujinshi appears.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 23:40   Link #123
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Just smelled Eragon, HAH!

Yeah, normally most guy would be turned off by romantic conversations between two yuri couple but it changes simultaneously when "this" and "that" comes in. Bet they'll race in front of the screen.
What???

I thought that is the best part about yuri? Am I really alone in this?

I don't know , but the thought of two human beings, being in love despite of their genders, despite of society being obnoxious.... is very beautiful things. It's like the beauty of platonic love but with sex (wtf am i saying here). Should apply to yaoi too, but being a guy here, seeing two girls will just more easy on the eyes.

Maybe that's why i'm slightly (don't judge me D: ) interested in those transgender manga also. Where a guy for some magical reason switched his gender, and in the end succumb to heterosexual love (as he's no longer male psychologically and physically). In that case, at least one of them is still a girl, hence also still easier in the eyes.

Maybe that's why 'reversed trap' x 'male' does not interest me as much.
Old 2012-06-04, 23:54   Link #124
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
What???

I thought that is the best part about yuri? Am I really alone in this?
I don't really disagree with you so I'm saying this.

You know what I think is the best part is when they discussed ecchi stuffs in the nurses office, on top of the school building, at the back of the school building or in somebody's house while the parents are away....

Damn is it getting hot in here?
Old 2012-06-05, 00:40   Link #125
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I don't really disagree with you so I'm saying this.

You know what I think is the best part is when they discussed ecchi stuffs in the nurses office, on top of the school building, at the back of the school building or in somebody's house while the parents are away....

Damn is it getting hot in here?
All the bits starting with "I'm gonna.... until you...."?

Got ya
Old 2012-06-05, 00:45   Link #126
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
All the bits starting with "I'm gonna.... until you...."?

Got ya
Yeaahhhh...... now past me the binoculars...
Old 2017-02-16, 22:42   Link #127
kencana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
It seems that surprisingly the male population isn't as interested in yuri as much as women are interested in yaoi. I say this is strange because usual males are a lot more open at stating that "lesbian sex" turns them on. But maybe the problem is that most yuri aren't really focused on sex but more on the romance. That's probably why straight males aren't that fond of it while many straight women are.
Considering most yuri mangaka I know are women, then yeah.

"But, I know a few female anime fans and they all like both yaoi and yuri. But I don't see any straight men praising the yaoi gods. If anything, yuri should be way more popular!" I've often heard that argument

Yaoi is an older genre by about 15 years and has a very focused niche (straight/bi women). Yuri is a newer genre, and has the intriguing problem of not having a unified audience, so what appeals to the straight men, straight women and lesbian may differ significantly, which splits an already niche audience up further.

Maria-sama ga Miteru, for example, leans toward romantic drama for female viewers to sympathize with while Valkyire Drive Mermaid uses its yuri content to entice male viewers with fanservice. It's a bit difficult to satisfy both genders of the viewers. Yuri themes don’t consistently appeal to a large female audience, nor do they appeal to a large male audience. In effect, not only is the audience for yuri in both America and Japan smaller than the audience for yaoi; it’s also splintered. Meanwhile yaoi is (almost) universally liked by women.
kencana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-17, 07:32   Link #128
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

You dug really deep to find that. 5.5 years in fact.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-17, 15:34   Link #129
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
To be fair, this site prefers bumping threads instead of making new ones.

So let's talk about the content. I think the whole audience thing as well as it being a new genre (really?) to be worth talking about.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-17, 23:49   Link #130
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Would now be a good time to promote Yuri!!! On ICE?
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-18, 11:59   Link #131
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
To be fair, this site prefers bumping threads instead of making new ones.

So let's talk about the content. I think the whole audience thing as well as it being a new genre (really?) to be worth talking about.
It's worth revisiting since a lot has changed since then. Yuri on Ice being mentioned before being hugely successful with its supposed canon BL couple. One wonders if most of the industry, both male and female audience side, will jump the bandwagon following that success.

And as for yuri, 2017 is going to be a damn good year for yuri manga releases in the U.S. and last year was pretty good for visual novels and games. How successful the anime adaptations for 2 popular yuri manga, Citrus and Netsuzou Trap, will be something to watch.
Old 2017-02-18, 15:29   Link #132
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma Kousaka View Post
Would now be a good time to promote Yuri!!! On ICE?
Weirdly enough, it's kinda relevant.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-18, 21:54   Link #133
kencana

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
It's worth revisiting since a lot has changed since then. Yuri on Ice being mentioned before being hugely successful with its supposed canon BL couple. One wonders if most of the industry, both male and female audience side, will jump the bandwagon following that success.

And as for yuri, 2017 is going to be a damn good year for yuri manga releases in the U.S. and last year was pretty good for visual novels and games. How successful the anime adaptations for 2 popular yuri manga, Citrus and Netsuzou Trap, will be something to watch.
I was a bit surprised that Yuri on Ice is Japanese men top ten anime list. Even male Japanese mangaka draw Victor/Yuri fanart in his twitter. Whoa

I truly hope Citrus and Netsuzou Trap will be successful considering it's yuri anime aimed at women (Yes, Comic Yuri Hime is shojo-yuri magazine).
kencana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-07, 11:56   Link #134
Helya
Music Lover 🎶

So... i've been thinking if i should say my opinion or not, hopefully no one will jump on me xD

To say so, im ok with yuri, i like to read it from time to time, although i haven't read too much yuri manga, and im more of a yaoi fan, but again recently i thought yuri should be more successful so i started to read now and then a yuri manga, which i could say is not bad, but the thing with yuri is that is too much chasing and then after a lot of it you get to see a kiss, just a freaking kiss, it gets boring after a while to wait for something to happen, i can't say if all yuri manga are like this, but i've read a few and this was all i could find.
When for yaoi is different, its a bit more hot, yeah the guy is chasing but not in vain, he gets what he wants, and there's also romance, plus if you don't wanna see something ''dirty'' then you can choose a censored manga.

Last edited by Helya; 2017-03-08 at 00:08.
Helya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
yaoi, yuri