AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-08-07, 22:03   Link #61
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

I'm...just gonna leave this here for now:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8388864/...ordsman_Side_A

Haruyuki stumbles upon a special item from a mysterious Sapphire Controller. Combined with his curiousity upon the mysterious swordsman / Burst Linker Kirito, he finds himself inside the very game and very time his legend stumbled upon. Only this time, with an acceleration of 1000x, he's forced to play the cruel game of death for real. Haruyuki and Kuroyuuki-hime's Side/Route.

Spoiler for Actual Pacing and Meaning of Side A:
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 01:27   Link #62
KeithKurogane
Recorder of World Lines

Hiya guys!
I'm planning to make a SAO x Kore wa Zombie desu ka crossover...
Can you guys share ideas on what mayhem could happen inside the game since it's Ayumu I'll be sending.
Old 2012-08-08, 03:57   Link #63
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithKurogane View Post
Hiya guys!
Can you guys share ideas on what mayhem could happen inside the game since it's Ayumu I'll be sending.
How about a Floor or special area where the monsters are like Megalo
The boss being that gigantic whale in S1
Old 2012-08-08, 05:19   Link #64
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithKurogane View Post
Hiya guys!
You could always do a SAO "parody" and send Ayumu over a wierd VR world that happens to have a stuck Kirito in it.
Old 2012-08-14, 19:41   Link #65
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

A (possible) excerpt from a future chapter of my fanfic, Sword Art Online: From the Outside. Namely a scene featuring Sachi's onii-chan turned vigilante, now practicing on a shooting range with a new Howa M1500 hunting rifle (you can buy a gun for hunting or target shooting in Japan if you fill out a large amount of paperwork).

But anyway, spot the reference to a certain canon scene in the light novels....

"Two rounds of .300 Win Mag made a cracking sound as impacted violently with the center of Akihiko’s face… or rather the paper target that I imagined to be Akihiko’s face…"
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 09:32   Link #66
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

D: I find that.... (Sachi's onii-chan turning vigilante) veerrrry disturbing to say the least.
Old 2012-08-17, 10:08   Link #67
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
D: I find that.... (Sachi's onii-chan turning vigilante) veerrrry disturbing to say the least.
Then you probably won't like the dream he has where a somewhat out of character (due to it being a dream, and really reflecting his desire for revenge as well as his memories of Sachi) Sachi (real name Sachiko Matsuoka) sends him a mixed message about revenge...

Spoiler for Excerpt from upcoming chapter:

Also, I am, now that I think about it, somewhat conflicted over whether I should include the reference to the infamous scene in the light novel, whether it would just not fit in the more serious tone of the story, but, I have nonetheless revamped it, making it more obvious, now in a scene where he sneaks up on a location he suspects may be housing Kayaba Akihiko. Reference to the infamous scene marked in bold.

Spoiler for fic excerpt:
Old 2012-08-17, 18:26   Link #68
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Don't worry about that, I'm already intent on using the phrase, "7000 years of semen", someday.
Old 2012-08-18, 11:11   Link #69
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Don't worry about that, I'm already intent on using the phrase, "7000 years of semen", someday.
In a fanfic or in real life?
Old 2012-08-18, 18:13   Link #70
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
In a fanfic or in real life?
In an Accel World fic! Nothing has lasted for 7000 years IRL.
Old 2012-08-19, 00:12   Link #71
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Techically, I could give you a massive list of natural features that have lasted a lot longer than that, but as far as humans are concerned, you are obviously correct.

As for Accel World, I was always under the impression it was more on the order of having spent tens or hundreds, rather than thousands of years in the Accelerated World. Also, its possible to have sex in the Accelerated World? Those avatars don't look designed for that purpose...
Old 2012-08-19, 01:01   Link #72
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Techically, I could give you a massive list of natural features that have lasted a lot longer than that, but as far as humans are concerned, you are obviously correct.
Yep.

Quote:
As for Accel World, I was always under the impression it was more on the order of having spent tens or hundreds, rather than thousands of years in the Accelerated World. Also, its possible to have sex in the Accelerated World? Those avatars don't look designed for that purpose...
1) Someone who's logged in 24/7 in Accelerated World like in SAO, would be 7000 years old by the time the 7 years since the game's launch has passed. That's where the idea of 7000 years came from.

As for sex... It's called Unlimited Cable Burst. Or Avatar Docking. Or simply mindfuck in a good way. Like SAO. XD

In before someone winces like Stallone in Demolition Man. XD XD XD
Old 2012-08-19, 02:02   Link #73
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

We should have Archer (from FSN) to take part in this tournament, but without the UBW reality marble ability.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 05:22   Link #74
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Wouldn't he need lots of scrap metal to make his swords?
Old 2012-08-19, 05:23   Link #75
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
I don't know about you... but there are instances of something lasting 7000 years in SAO

Spoiler for LNs -Alicization Arc- up to the latest Web Novels:
Old 2012-08-19, 05:38   Link #76
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
I don't know about you... but there are instances of something lasting 7000 years in SAO

Spoiler for LNs -Alicization Arc- up to the latest Web Novels:
Ah... looks like its something I missed.
Old 2012-08-19, 13:12   Link #77
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
As for sex... It's called Unlimited Cable Burst. Or Avatar Docking. Or simply mindfuck in a good way. Like SAO. XD
Is that canon? Then again, knowing what Kawahara did with SAO (glop), its not out the question.

Also, seeing as the person was in the Accelerated World since its creation, I'd assume he is not a canon character. And that everyone in the real world assumes he is an a coma or something.
Old 2012-08-19, 18:13   Link #78
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Is that canon? Then again, knowing what Kawahara did with SAO (glop), its not out the question.
Yup, direct cabling is viewed akin to petting in the Accel World anime because it allows cablers to directly stimulate each other. And in the game world, direct cabling is used to ensure privacy, which can be used for various means.

There is also an Unlimited Neural Field, which is a non-instanced common world divided into local exchange servers. While less private, making out here is akin to making out in a secluded part of a park for example.

Quote:
Also, seeing as the person was in the Accelerated World since its creation, I'd assume he is not a canon character. And that everyone in the real world assumes he is an a coma or something.
Spoiler for AW FFT SPOILER:

In a sense, I'm writing a AW fic that's inspired by SAO.
Old 2012-08-19, 19:19   Link #79
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Yup, direct cabling is viewed akin to petting in the Accel World anime because it allows cablers to directly stimulate each other. And in the game world, direct cabling is used to ensure privacy, which can be used for various means.

There is also an Unlimited Neural Field, which is a non-instanced common world divided into local exchange servers. While less private, making out here is akin to making out in a secluded part of a park for example.

Spoiler for AW FFT SPOILER:

In a sense, I'm writing a AW fic that's inspired by SAO.
Is it:
(1) AW turns into a Death Game?
(2) SAO suddenly becomes apocalyptic and all?
(3) Kirito becomes bad-ass, gets Neuro-Linker, and somehow Sues the world to become part of AW and still be human?
Old 2012-08-19, 20:06   Link #80
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Is it:
(1) AW turns into a Death Game?
(2) SAO suddenly becomes apocalyptic and all?
(3) Kirito becomes bad-ass, gets Neuro-Linker, and somehow Sues the world to become part of AW and still be human?
Short answer, (4).

Long answer: Its set in the great beginning of AW 7 years before canon, when there was not just P/C induction, but someone actively scattering the program throughout BBS and even places no one expects, cause a large swell of players into the game. In my view of that era, AW gets some features common to MMOs like SAO but is missing, and so is added by the players themselves or is only viable when the game was more populous. For example, Crafting & Professions (I've got Stage Mods, Consumables, Gearsmiths planned atm), 10- or 25-man PVE (lots of players and a mystery active GM spawning UNF raid bosses), Legion Castles (Privately-owned servers created/commandeered by AW players that link into the greater UNF via VPN, and essentially gives them a home to hang out in. The theory for this is that the AW is effectively the internet, so anything that connects to the internet is a part of the AW game), more NPCs (they were more common during the first 2000 years, then slowly became extinct as the world became apocalyptic).

There is a Secret Shop feature that is meant for cash shoppers, like a normal F2P game. To access a Secret Shop, one must find the outlet hidden in the UNF. However, as few players know about it, the GMs never reveal themselves, and the game has 0 merchandising support, the only way one can get cash items from the Secret Shop is to kill world bosses and farm the tokens (epic/very-rare drops btw) that can be exchanged at the shop for Time Credits (CS currency) to spend. One character I'm writing about exploits this (her name is Celadon Tears, and she is known for declaring CAPITALISM, HO. ) by hiring Bursters to farm the tokens (regarded as a curiosity by most players), exchanging it for rare items off the secret shop, and stocking her shop with said items in exchange for Burst Points.

The Marriage is a feature present because its an Asian MMO thing, and also is dependent on the Secret Shop, as the initiating player has to buy a <<Ring From Level 22>> () and form a contract with the receiving player. They then are Married, and have some benefits like a shared inventory (again, taking from SAO).

Because of the interim 7000 years of wars, nerdrage, and the game dying slowly from the lack of maintenance, much of these features are forgotten in the modern era.

My story also revolves around a solo player... Who can be forgiven as when people log off (if they log out to go to school, for example), relative to himself, he won't see them again for a year so making friends is pointless.

Except that one time with a certain avatar from Blue Legion...

Tags
discussion, fanfiction