AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-11, 22:04   Link #1081
Rurouni Zeke

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieryshadowcard
Wit to bash someone or something... I wasn't under the impression that wit was a requirement for such a thing. Bias, racism, prejudice, religious intolerance, sexism... yeah, intellect sure matters there.

It's very silly to see people ready to kill each other over a simple difference of opinion in a series. If I were to replace "How Can You Not Like Sasuke?" with something like "How Can You Not Like Britney Spears?" the same thing that happened in this thread would take place, only with different names, different points, and different divisions of groups (ie. Spears vs Aguilera; Pop vs. Everything Else; Deep vs. Shallow; you name it).

In looking over various arguments, nothing has been proven except that some people like Sasuke, other people don't, and everyone who was foolish enough to get defensive has been slinging around insults for no apparent reason when the ultimate truth is that no one is inclined or obligated to agree with anyone else.

Why don't the heated threads involve the nature of certain jutsus or the future of this series (in ways that don't get dragged into another "why this character owns" thread)? Why does the most popular discussion thread involve something as trivial and shallow as "This character is cool and if you disagree then you're an idiot"?

As a writer who grits his teeth at poor grammar and spelling, I can clearly say that writing is a skill and not a measure of intellect.

Everyone should just take a deep breath, calm down, and bow out. I'm sure Sasuke won't be too disappointed if his fans have not convinced everyone who watches the series that he should be a favorite. Last time I checked, in accordance with his personality, even if, by some strange stretch of the imagination, the door to Animeland was somehow opened and he could read this thread, he wouldn't care anyway.

-Yusef "The B.A.T." Pittman
Very well said.
Old 2004-08-11, 22:40   Link #1082
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost World
Um, yes. Let's count up the half-wit, misspelled, Sasuke bashing responses in this thread and compare them to the half-wit, misspelled Naruto bashing responses and just see who "takes it to a new level where they insult other fans". Go on. Hell, do it from the beginning of this week, because I know I've seen at least three in the past day.

And no one gives a damn about Naruto. That's why he, the main character, doesn't even have his own discussion thread. He's just there, like a tick that you can't get rid of. I'm sure even Kishimoto himself would like to, but he made the mistake of making him the main character.
If the character is anything to go by then a lot more people like Naruto than Sasuke. You seem to just utter nothing but Sasuke-loving, Naruto-bashing statements.

I didn't expect Sasuke to be in the top 3... well i'm sure if there was another one he would be lower and lower..... and lower...
Old 2004-08-11, 23:30   Link #1083
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost World
The fact that you have some sort of sick hate for a fictional character is a testament to him being a well-made character.
I'm sorry but that stops him from being any less of an ass how? -_- Not to mention I said I don't like him, not that I hated him.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2004-08-11, 23:37   Link #1084
byakurasengan
Kage Bunshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Sasuke get the 3rd place after Naruto (1st of course) and Kakashi.

For the jutsu, the first place is the Rasengan, the 2nd is the Raikiri, the 3rd is the Chidori.
Err, if im not mistaken, the raikiri is the chidori, right?
Old 2004-08-11, 23:48   Link #1085
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
If the character is anything to go by then a lot more people like Naruto than Sasuke. You seem to just utter nothing but Sasuke-loving, Naruto-bashing statements.

I didn't expect Sasuke to be in the top 3... well i'm sure if there was another one he would be lower and lower..... and lower...
Um, wow. What a narrowminded statement. Obviously you believe that your tastes must rule supreme even in Japan.

For your information in every character poll Sasuke has come in in second or third place.

He is Kishimoto's favorite character.

He is clearly one of the animation staff's favorite characters, too. Just look at his & Naruto's fights. His fights have always been handled by the A team...look at Naruto's. Every one of his big fights has been bungled at the end. Just look at Kiba vs Naruto, Naruto vs Orochimaru, Naruto vs Neji (the last episode) and Gaara vs Naruto (the last episode)...oh, and let's not forget Naruto vs Kabuto (and compare this to Sasuke vs Gaara, in which they each used their signature moves for the first time. The only ones who've had a better animated fight than Sasuke are Rock Lee & Gaara. It's hilarious how a main character can be so mistreated in his own series.
Old 2004-08-11, 23:50   Link #1086
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

... someone has got to bring up the frame that was used to found A.S.S. now
Old 2004-08-11, 23:53   Link #1087
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
... someone has got to bring up the frame that was used to found A.S.S. now
Um, yeah. I've seen it...so? Many people find the Sasuke vs Oro fight to be one of the best fights in the series...one stupid in-between frame doesn't change the fact that that entire fight was more fluid than ANY of Naruto's.
Old 2004-08-12, 00:04   Link #1088
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

This thread has gotten a bit too overheated. (And slightly off-topic.) I'm going to close it temporarily so that everyone can take a time-out.

I'll pass this thread back to Dranz's control and I imagine that he'll reopen it after a suitable "cooling off" period. Of course, that's up to him.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-08-12, 00:56   Link #1089
eLstar
(^_^)v

Although there's not a lot of outright bashing of each other going on, I do think this convo has been finished for now. Now that I looked at it, I don't think anyone needs to be banned. The only time I'll resurrect this thread is when I feel that it's ready to be re-opened and I have no clue when that will be.
Closed Thread