2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 2.92%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 3.65%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-11-24, 13:36   Link #61
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geass View Post
But he usually doesn't make a habit of specifically identifying it as a codename. Not to mention that we're still unsure of whether the name he gave is actually his real name.
A codename doesn't always equal a secret identity.
Old 2007-11-24, 13:48   Link #62
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

So he tells Marina who he is, alright it was kinda dumb to tell her that. But since I only watched the raw so I could only guess and it seems that he told her out of anger or something. And well telling Marina is not really going to affect CB.
Old 2007-11-24, 13:49   Link #63
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geass View Post
But he usually doesn't make a habit of specifically identifying it as a codename. Not to mention that we're still unsure of whether the name he gave is actually his real name.
certainly didn't sound like Soran.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 14:08   Link #64
Kazamachi Shogen
甲賀卍谷衆

After Marina find out Setsuna's from that wierd country she's shocked. Then she goes on and ask if he has fought in the war. Setsuna replied that he did and is still fighting. Then Marina's like omg are you sent here to kill me (I loled). Setsuna replied coldly that killing her wont change anything. Then he proceed to drop the bomb : My code name is dumbass. I am a CB gundam mister.
Old 2007-11-24, 14:16   Link #65
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Pretty enjoyable episode. I enjoy the conversation between Setsuna and Marina. I'm surprised that Azadistan is the country which was responsible for the war against Setsuna's country. Setsuna certainly has deep hatred against that country, IMO Setsuna revealing himself as a Gundam Meister is a warning to Marina. Like one day, the Celestial Being will come to Azadistan and he will be the one to destroy it.

Lockon is very angry this episode. I still prefer the happy Lockon . The fan service from Sumeragi and the two girls are unnecessary though.

Exia has one sweet short battle this episode. Unlike most Gundam protagonists, Setsuna is actually good at underwater combat!
Old 2007-11-24, 14:21   Link #66
Kazamachi Shogen
甲賀卍谷衆

Right, tell her and have her post his mugshot. Even Heero's smarter than that
Old 2007-11-24, 14:35   Link #67
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Everything is dependent on computers nowadays.

Which secret identity, other than that he's a GM? He tells everybody and their sisters that his name is Setsuna F. Seiei.
Not the SFS name, but the other one...

And why the hell did he have to flyby his gundam by Marina's plane?

WTF?

This kid has a few screws loose.

That said, Sumeragi as usual is teh hottness.

And Felt needs to lighten up. Has she put on a single happy face for 8 episodes yet? Poor girl, what's eating her? >_<

Christina is as usual a free spirit.

I LOL'd at Tieria's tactics...why even bother to even engage in firefighting? Just beamfrag them off the face of the Earth! Seriously if Virtue looked like Exia with those LOLBEAMCANNONS OF GG, it'd just about be the Wing Zero (well, not really >.<)

I still think Tieria is cool as hell, next to Lockon.

I wonder why Allelujah didn't complete his mission =P
Old 2007-11-24, 14:47   Link #68
lubczyk

I thought this episode sucked hard!!! First of all the meeting between Marina and Setsuna was so cliche: the emo kid gets angry and tells the person everything about themselves - I'm a Kurd, Setsuna, and apart of CB.

Secondly, the Gundams destroying the terrorist hideouts just killed the series for me. Wow, the terrorists are in the middle of nowhere in bigass buildings, Wow!!! How elementary can you get. Is ths show aimed at like 12 year olds? It's like the writers and director make up all these contrived circumstances for the Gundams to shoot something every single episode.

Last edited by lubczyk; 2007-11-24 at 15:11.
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 14:52   Link #69
Kazamachi Shogen
甲賀卍谷衆

lol, you are right. This stuff is indeed aimed at 12 year ols. So don't apply college physics and logic to it, you will feel much better.
Old 2007-11-24, 15:00   Link #70
sword.impulse
*Insert something clever*

Animators/Artists got a little lazy here

Spoiler:
sword.impulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 15:03   Link #71
Kazamachi Shogen
甲賀卍谷衆

Money all went to the boobs and bathing suits
Old 2007-11-24, 15:21   Link #72
Nvis
Where are the good animes

^
I'm not complaining.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 15:31   Link #73
lubczyk

This series still feels like it's going nowhere. We're at bloody epiosde 8!!! The cast is still 1 dimensional as ever. The writers continue to waste time by skipping around to like every character. Graham is in it for like 1 minute, Sergei and Soma get 2 minutes of speech, Saji and Lousie get 1 minute to their own little conversion. Why waste the little time per episode that you have on these little meaningless diversions? The fated meeting between Setsuna and Marina is like 5 minutes in total. Lockon gets 30 seconds of character development time. It's like Sunrise feels it needs to squeese in every single character from every single faction into every single episode and it is just making the episodes feel so disjointed.

History seems to be repeating itself. Most of the long Gundam shows I've seen just seem to have awful pacing as if the director can barely find enough for the cast to do for 50 episodes or so. They start out really strong, then they slow to a crawl in the middle episodes and pick up in the last 5 episodes. Gundam 00 really needs to develop a central storyline or move on to a plot arc or something really soon.

The best Gundam's I've seen either are shorter series like Gundam 08th MS Team and Stardust Memory or have lots of character drama like Gundam Seed or a show like Ryvius.

I'm sorry, it's just I've watched less mainstream series (X TV, Twelve Kingdoms, Towards the Terra, et cetera) without the huge fanbase that Gundam has that do way more in less time than Gundam 00.

Last edited by lubczyk; 2007-11-24 at 17:01.
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 15:42   Link #74
Boohahaha

Well I will need to watch the subs but so far I am enjoying this series more than Seed / Destiny. The plot is advancing nicely for a 50 eps series, its only episode 8 as well. I haven't enjoyed a good Gundam series in a while so I am happy that it has reverted to this formula.

Seed had character development for only the Arcangel crew, the rest are almost peripheral. Plot? just over half a series chasing a ship when the four Gundams could have been better used to gain total victory? If that was real life it would go down as one of the worst military blunders in history.
Boohahaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 15:47   Link #75
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sword.impulse View Post
Animators/Artists got a little lazy here
Not every episode can look fabulous you know.
Old 2007-11-24, 16:20   Link #76
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Looks like the usual suspects are complaining as usual.

We can also easily do without the topic derailment and outright trolling Kazamachi Shogen. It's one thing to be upset with the direction, but you don't need to go on and on about it and focus on just one topic to nitpick over each and every episode.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 17:03   Link #77
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Not every episode can look fabulous you know.
I dunno, the majority of the character work looked just fine this week.

think just one low quality frame doesn't make it worth calling the entire episode bad looking.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 17:09   Link #78
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Looks like the usual suspects are complaining as usual.

We can also easily do without the topic derailment and outright trolling Kazamachi Shogen. It's one thing to be upset with the direction, but you don't need to go on and on about it and focus on just one topic to nitpick over each and every episode.
Just ignore him as everyone else is doing. Simple as that.

On topic

Apparently the word "secret" doesn't appear in Setsuna's vocabulary.

If anything, he's going be the end of CB. I wonder if Veda has plans for him? Surely a super computer should've seen this.

I still don't understand the terrorists attack to any extent. CB doesn't protect anyone and obviously their actions have hurt parts of the population as Ali noted. People will starve and die because of CB so why should terrorists striking random areas of the world affect them at all? And the people protesting, isn't it obvious that CB doesn't want to be loved? As Lockon pointed out, ever since the Tariba event, they've been hated.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 17:19   Link #79
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
I dunno, the majority of the character work looked just fine this week.

think just one low quality frame doesn't make it worth calling the entire episode bad looking.
Especially since its probably a placeholder for the DVD release anyway. Seed/Seed Destiny had plenty of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Apparently the word "secret" doesn't appear in Setsuna's vocabulary.

If anything, he's going be the end of CB. I wonder if Veda has plans for him? Surely a super computer should've seen this.

I still don't understand the terrorists attack to any extent. CB doesn't protect anyone and obviously their actions have hurt parts of the population as Ali noted. People will starve and die because of CB so why should terrorists striking random areas of the world affect them at all? And the people protesting, isn't it obvious that CB doesn't want to be loved? As Lockon pointed out, ever since the Tariba event, they've been hated.
CB is supposed to stop all warfare, so I suppose the terrorists see this as a point that they should contend with and uses the terrorists attacks to protest their actions (remember in Ep 1 one of their actions was to prevent a terrorist attack on the HRA elevator, so those guys KNOW CB would take notice).
Old 2007-11-24, 17:34   Link #80
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
I'm sorry, it's just I've watched less mainstream series (X TV, Twelve Kingdoms, Towards the Terra, et cetera) without the huge fanbase that Gundam has that do way more in less time than Gundam 00.
Comparing those shows to Gundam is unfair because the three shows you named were all aimed for an older audience and they were of a different genre.

That being said, I think they can do better with this episode too. But I am not complaining too much because what happened in this episode was about what I expected from this show and it's definately better than the worst case scenario I envisioned in my mind.

Some people called Marina's meeting with Setsuna cliche. But in my opinion, realistically, there are only two ways for Marina and Setsuna to meet in a Gundam show given their personality. 1) Setsuna accidentally saves Marina 2) Marina butts into Setsuna's life uninvited.

Either way, I can see people calling the meeting cliche.

If I must choose between the two I think I rather have scenario 2 since I can't really see Setsuna saving anyone other than himself unless he was told. Had Setsuna saved Marina I would have thought he was acting a bit off character.

To me, having Marina saving Setsuna instead is already a plus.

It could have been much worse. I think.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote