Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-10, 12:14   Link #21
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

This ep rocked real good the 9th espanda is the second coolest espada compared to ulquiorra and his Voice actor is awesome:P and his spear reminds me of a Dragoon From FF: War Of Lions
P.S. Nel was sooo cute OMG i lobe her she was dancing
Old 2008-01-10, 13:21   Link #22
Littlecloud

GIN FTW !!!
Come on ... why such an adorable char join the bad guy ???
So ... innocent ... :heart:
Old 2008-01-10, 15:27   Link #23
kboykb

wow, maybe it was just the animation, or the way AA handled it, but Nejibana is the coolest shikai to me now.. nasty little release he has though.
Old 2008-01-10, 17:40   Link #24
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Yes, Bleach unlike Naruto keeps raising the bar regarding the quality for the story's development.

The anime began awesomely the year with this episode.

I praise the writers staff for having Rukia and Aaroniero beginning the episode right away with a sword clashing for a substantial amount of time onscreen.

It is understandable that Rukia once beginning to exhaust herself physically immediately switched to her Shinigami powers and kidou, however, this on the short run was used as a tactical opportunity for her to make a distraction.

She distracted Aaroniero with her shikai and kido in order to force an opening on him for a clean slash, but that freakshow dodged it.

It wasn't until Rukia recalled what the freak had told her earlier that he hated sunlight, which struck her and used kido to destroy the front wall behind him in order to get the sunlight passed through.

My when I first came to Aaroniero's true form in the manga I was taken aback the first time. Either fortunately or unfortunately the anime resurrected the goosebumps on me more so due to the sound effects and shots of him reforming back Kaien's face on his container's surface.

I feel the same way as Rukia did when she witnessed his true identity, disgusted and with thoughts about vomiting.

One thing I don't understand is the issue with Metastacia.
Spoiler:

I'm not sure to say or generalize that Aaroniero is a fitting example of what Aizen desires. An entity which continually evolves and self-improves in order to become perfect.

And agreed with everyone else. Nejibana is the coolest shikai we've ever seen, but it is too bad that we only got to see it from the Espada; Nejibana released by the real Kaien would have been even eyestruck.
Old 2008-01-10, 19:46   Link #25
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post

One thing I don't understand is the issue with Metastacia.
Spoiler:

You are correct that was a mistake in the anime .

But Metastacia was an very important ability more so Kaien's Body . Glotoneria is an ability to devour dead hollows and gain their abilities . Thanks to Metastacia Arro could devour Kaien a shinigami as metastacia had fused with him . So that was a turning point as this was the first time he had devoured a Shinigami . With the ability metastacia Arro could have very well reached the second stage of evolution where he could devour DEAD shinigami and hollows .

Also the word Dead Hollows has been used in definition of Glotoneria . We can easily speculate that Arro thanks to Metastacia can absorb living entities shinigami or hollow . Unlike before where he could only devour dead hollows .

Glotoneria/Metastacia gave Arro the ability to masquerade in Kaien's body mimic his personality as he has major issues with his true appearnace and hides under a helmet . Its also been speculated in the past that one of those heads belongs to Kaien
Old 2008-01-10, 23:21   Link #26
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Well, I've got two things to say:

1) Interesting episode, and it's interesting how #9 had two heads in that weird case on his/its head.

2) Damn, that release "Gluttony" is as fugly as all get-out. And I thought Mayuri's Bankai was ugly.... Urgh.
Old 2008-01-11, 00:36   Link #27
Jingjong

I thought this was the first episode where the Bount music actually fit in, during the double kidou scene and the release of Glotoneria.

For being evil and creepy, Aaroniero's little faces are kind of cute.
Old 2008-01-11, 00:48   Link #28
Irkalla
I asked for this

They really did a great job making arro's release even uglier than in the manga, all praise. Rukia's gonna get raped.

And I'm seriously starting to like Gin and his all so wise speculations.
Old 2008-01-11, 01:02   Link #29
Aadi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
...he has major issues with his true appearnace and hides under a helmet...
He's not hiding under the helmet, he can't take the light...the helmet blocks out the light so he can be comfortable...he doesn't seem to have any problem with the way he looks...

Anyway, it was a pretty good episode...I kind of wish they would stop making the good guys look so exhausted all the time...and almost immediately...especially with Rukia...it makes them look so weak, then they win the fight...yeah, yeah, they dig deep down for the will to fight...just wish they didn't have to do that every time.

This Espada's definitely an interesting character...like someone's nightmare...the only Gillian...too bad they have to kill him off...oh yeah, I like the "Hero's" reference...that was funny.

One thing's bothering me...when a Hollow dies, it goes back to hollowland? What's up with that?! When a Shinigami dies, it doesn't go back to SS...that's not fair; that means you can never really kill a Hollow, but Shinigami's drop left and right...I think it's safer to be a hollow than a Shinigami...lol
Old 2008-01-11, 01:47   Link #30
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Great episode and mood. I'm still a little unimpressed by Arroniro. It's a far cry from Ulquiorra who can stop a blast from Urahara' Benihime with his bare hands, to Espada 9 who's actually held captive by binding-spell number 4 for some seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadi View Post
He's not hiding under the helmet, he can't take the light...the helmet blocks out the light so he can be comfortable...he doesn't seem to have any problem with the way he looks...
Yeah, agreed. The light stops him using his powers as he clearly says this episode; so it's not just an ego issue (although that might be part of it).

Quote:
One thing's bothering me...when a Hollow dies, it goes back to hollowland? What's up with that?! When a Shinigami dies, it doesn't go back to SS...that's not fair; that means you can never really kill a Hollow, but Shinigami's drop left and right...I think it's safer to be a hollow than a Shinigami...lol
I think that was just a special arrangement aizen made for this hollow, since he was one of Aizen's important early experiments. I don't know if that's true or not; I just seem to recall someone saying that somewhere.

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-01-11 at 01:52. Reason: whoops
Old 2008-01-11, 02:40   Link #31
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Some Nejibana Colorings I had

Quote:
You are contradicting yourself . Comfortable from what ? Espada Fugly =/= Kaien . His cloaking powers dont work in sunlight . Espada Fugly is two heads in a fishtank , he is borrowing Kaien as a whole looks and personality .

Lets say at first he was deceiving Rukia but when Rukia knew who he was still why the facade . And he is not Kaien, so if he was comfortable with his looks why not continue fighting with your fugly fishatank appearance . Phsycological Warfare Nope . Once Rukia knew it was Espada Fugly she herself stated she would fight without holding back .

Also Arro himself makes this sarcastic statement

Old 2008-01-11, 02:41   Link #32
ChibiMenos
Gillian-class Chibi

Rather good episode, but the fight is starting to drag on a little too long. I hope it gets finished up quickly next time.

The preview was...disturbing. 0.0 Poor Renji...

And the Arrancar Encyclopedia bit was awesome, as usual. You know what, I think they really need to have an episode that is nothing but Gin. Even giving a detailed tour of Las Noches would be fun. My favorite villain needs more screen time.
Old 2008-01-11, 06:44   Link #33
Aadi

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirali1985 View Post
I think that was just a special arrangement aizen made for this hollow, since he was one of Aizen's important early experiments. I don't know if that's true or not; I just seem to recall someone saying that somewhere.
Yeah, I heard that in the previous episode, but this guy was talking as if it happens all the time..."his power" is to absorb dead hallows and gain their powers...sounds like he's been doing it for a while...maybe they're all Aizen projects that he's been munching on...who knows.

Quote:
...You are contradicting yourself . Comfortable from what ? Espada Fugly =/= Kaien . His cloaking powers dont work in sunlight . Espada Fugly is two heads in a fishtank , he is borrowing Kaien as a whole looks and personality .

Lets say at first he was deceiving Rukia but when Rukia knew who he was still why the facade . And he is not Kaien, so if he was comfortable with his looks why not continue fighting with your fugly fishatank appearance . Phsycological Warfare Nope . Once Rukia knew it was Espada Fugly she herself stated she would fight without holding back .
There is no doubt that this guy is totally fugly, however, there is no contradiction. When I say so that he's "comfortable" in the helmet, I mean comfortable in the darkness, not appearance wise...I thought that was obvious, but I guess not...if you don't like the light, you're going to be awefully uncomfortable walking around in it...didn't you notice his little sigh of relief when they first came in out of the light?

Next point...psychological warfare, yeap...he's not pretending to be Kaien because he feels pretty that way, he knows that as long as he can instill some small amount of doubt in Rukia, she'll hesitate again, if only for an instant...as you said, she flat out told him how well it was working! Why else would he be trying to tell her again that Kaien is a part of him, just some polite conversation? I think not!

This guy is very proud of himself, he's not ashamed of how he looks! He's the ONLY Gillian on Aizen's team, you think he cares about how he looks?! That's crazy!

And what's with dropping Manga in here...this is the Anime Only thread...they made the "grew tired" of it statement with the key being "long ago"...they're over it...and that comment just proves it.
Old 2008-01-11, 08:51   Link #34
the7mirrors
6th Division

After casting bakudō#61 rukia cast the sōren sōkatsui
which i believe its
hadō#73 not hadō#63 as they mentioned in the sub.

remember Isane Kotetsu when she cast bakudō# 77 tenteikūra she said:
bakudō no: nanan jo nana.
and the one rukia had cast was:
hadō no: nanan jo san.
p.s: hadō no rokko jo san /hadō#63 its called raikōhō which Kūkaku used.

what do you think?

Last edited by the7mirrors; 2008-01-11 at 09:05.
Old 2008-01-11, 11:07   Link #35
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

...wut?

anyhow...

very good episode, some very nice good ole' fashioned sword fighting! maybe this fight will be finished up next week, and I thought Miyuri's evil, giant baby caterpillar was ugly o_o
Old 2008-01-11, 11:13   Link #36
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
There is no doubt that this guy is totally fugly, however, there is no contradiction. When I say so that he's "comfortable" in the helmet, I mean comfortable in the darkness, not appearance wise...I thought that was obvious, but I guess not...if you don't like the light, you're going to be awefully uncomfortable walking around in it...didn't you notice his little sigh of relief when they first came in out of the light?
Nope incorrect his first appearance in the shadows was with a helmet . If he was so comfortable with his looks why bother with a helmet . It was Aizen’s Occha party and the other Espada know how he looks . If he was so comfortable why not take off the helmet there was no sunlight there . It was indoors

Powers weakened in sunlight is speculation . A low level Espada breaking a Rikujokoro with weakened powers is a joke . I cant further comment more on this as they would lead to spoilers

Quote:
Next point...psychological warfare, yeap...he's not pretending to be Kaien because he feels pretty that way, he knows that as long as he can instill some small amount of doubt in Rukia, she'll hesitate again, if only for an instant...as you said, she flat out told him how well it was working! Why else would he be trying to tell her again that Kaien is a part of him, just some polite conversation? I think not!
He has to pretend to be Kaien to feel pretty . What does that tell you about his low self esteem .

Let me traverses into a hypothetical scenario . Consider Jack is ugly but Jack has made his peace with his ugliness . He accepts he is ugly . If Jack pretends to be someone else to feel pretty. What does it tell ? Jack is not comfortable with the way he looks . If he was why bother with vanity .

Rukia doesn’t have an iota of doubt now that it NOT Kaien . Even when she had her doubts she was attacking him . How does pretending to be Kaien help now ?
When Rukia had doubts and wasn’t completely sure he is not Kaien she was attacking him .

I really don’t think there is any need to hide his true self now . Kaien is a part of him . Kaien fused with metastaqcia and Arro ate Metastacia , he was JUST explaining that to Rukia . Without that readers would never know what exactly is he

Quote:
This guy is very proud of himself, he's not ashamed of how he looks! He's the ONLY Gillian on Aizen's team, you think he cares about how he looks?! That's crazy!
He is the only Gillian in the Espada .He is proud about that not how the way he looks . If he did not care about he looked why bother to remorph as Kaien

Quote:
And what's with dropping Manga in here...this is the Anime Only thread...they made the "grew tired" of it statement with the key being "long ago"...they're over it...and that comment just proves it.
You are allowed to post manga comparisions in this thread . As long as the manga you are posting is not ahead of the anime .
Old 2008-01-11, 13:02   Link #37
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

forgot to mention..

W00T!!! for Rukia FINALLY using NEW kidou spells, though that last binding one we saw Byakuya use on Renji. But still...NEW FOR HER TO USE!
Old 2008-01-11, 14:27   Link #38
Aadi

Quote:
...He has to pretend to be Kaien to feel pretty . What does that tell you about his low self esteem...
It might help if you actually read what I posted...90% of our conversation is based on you not fully reading what I've posted...sorry, but I don't have time for useless banter...serious conversations are more than welcome...if I take the time to read your posts, and we're having a conversation, then you should take the time to read mine.

What I said was that he didn't put the face on so that he could feel pretty, he put it on to mess with Rukia...Yes, Rukia already saw through him...but she wasn't prepared for the fact that he is still in there...did you see her reaction? His purpose of putting Kaien's face back on is successful...at least for the moment...Rukia is still in termoil.

His face melted off when the light hit it...is there room for interpretation???

Quote:
...You are allowed to post manga comparisions in this thread . As long as the manga you are posting is not ahead of the anime .
I can not dispute that loophole, all I know is that at the beginning it says no Manga in Anime Only threads. If the loophole exists, I'm sure it doesn't include the adding of pop-ups and spyware connected to your link...thanks for making me have to run my S&D...
Old 2008-01-11, 18:39   Link #39
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7mirrors View Post
After casting bakudō#61 rukia cast the sōren sōkatsui
which i believe its
hadō#73 not hadō#63 as they mentioned in the sub.

remember Isane Kotetsu when she cast bakudō# 77 tenteikūra she said:
bakudō no: nanan jo nana.
and the one rukia had cast was:
hadō no: nanan jo san.
p.s: hadō no rokko jo san /hadō#63 its called raikōhō which Kūkaku used.

what do you think?
Yeah you are correct you nailed it . Though its Nana Jo San

Nana jo San is 73 (Click)

Nana == 70

San == 3

its

Nana jo San : Soren Sokatsui

I checked up on the manga translattion I had in that its 63 but Raikoho is 63 . I have to go with Nana jo San
Old 2008-01-11, 18:43   Link #40
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

not very impressed by this episode.........the best part (for me) was the ending ...... the song was pretty good and Bawawaba trying to swallow Gin was priceless!!! ROTFL!
Closed Thread