Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-20, 07:09   Link #61
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Awwww...I was expecting an epix fight between Grimm and emo boy

But anyway it's not too bad. I don't know why the heck Grim even bothers though considering that Ichigo isn't trying his best to beat the enemy. Such a shame to the warrior's code of honor

Rinse and repeat...this will make Ichigo prepare for his next battle, bla bla ~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-03-20, 09:18   Link #62
kboykb

nooo... damn u preview!

Overall though pretty good ep, Grimm was menacing as usual - do wish they would've lengthened the fight a tad though. Wonder what Grimm's abilities in hollow form are.. (something possibly to do with.. Grinding?!!)
Old 2008-03-20, 11:20   Link #63
pac2is
Shinsengumi captain

Lol a very good ep Ulq got owned xD (alright maybe it wasnt quite fair :P )
Cool ressurection (release) of Grimm next ep O_O and lmao the Shinigami cup xDD Censored :O
And one more thing:
NOOOOOOOOOO 9th april TT_TT We have to wait 3 whole weeks!!! ._. I ask myself why they do that? Are they having vacation or somethin?
Old 2008-03-20, 11:36   Link #64
EphemeralDream
Suigintou Fan

In the manga, Ulquiorra says, just as he gets negated, "So this is how it's going to be, grimmjow?" (or something to that effect). It made him seem less surprised about it.
Old 2008-03-20, 12:08   Link #65
medigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EphemeralDream View Post
In the manga, Ulquiorra says, just as he gets negated, "So this is how it's going to be, grimmjow?" (or something to that effect). It made him seem less surprised about it.

wait what? That never happened..
all he said was 'damn' (or however you want to translate that certain word)
Old 2008-03-20, 12:18   Link #66
ILikeSquiReLz
<ˆ>(`;´)<ˆ>

Grimm seemed to have planed this one out to the final detail. He just outwitted the Emo or caught him out of placed. I still think Emo would have handled Grimm with little to no problem if they were to fight head on but this round belongs to the kitty. Well played Grimm, well played.

On the side note, why can’t Orihime exist in RL?
Old 2008-03-20, 12:23   Link #67
Bankai29
Evenkurga wanna-be

whats RL?

Is it just me or in this arc...Inoue is just damn hawt/beautiful compared to the past arcs...
Old 2008-03-20, 12:24   Link #68
ILikeSquiReLz
<ˆ>(`;´)<ˆ>

Real life.
Old 2008-03-20, 12:33   Link #69
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by medigo View Post
wait what? That never happened..
all he said was 'damn' (or however you want to translate that certain word)
right, he said "TSK" before he disappeared
Old 2008-03-20, 13:05   Link #70
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
right, he said "TSK" before he disappeared
correct. he was suprised at Grimmjows tactics but not necessarily worried.

also in the manga didn't Grimmjow say to Ulquiorra - 'You're afraid of crushing eachother to bits' rather then 'Your scared that I would crush you' in the anime. Not much difference but intresting.

Last edited by Kakashi; 2008-03-20 at 13:15.
Old 2008-03-20, 14:37   Link #71
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

._. where did Grimm get all this confidence saying he could defeat Ulquiorra makes me laugh
Old 2008-03-20, 14:52   Link #72
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
kind of boring episode imo
Old 2008-03-20, 14:54   Link #73
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
it has been already mentioned somewhere in this thread, Grimm never said "ololol I 0wnz you", he said that Ulqi is afraid of fighting him because there is the chance that they would destroy each other and I am willing to believe him since Ulqi hesitated to do something.. in fact, it was Grimmjaw who got active

Quote:
Originally Posted by lequory View Post
hmmm. just got done watching the episode. they did kinda change some things from the manga. grand ray cero distorted the sky and Halibel was watching from afar when he released it.
hm, the anime is accurate, the scene you are talking about is from the next chapter

Last edited by WONDERMIKE; 2008-03-20 at 17:48.
Old 2008-03-20, 15:00   Link #74
Lendial

animation was pretty meh but i like grimmy choke holding inoue.
Old 2008-03-20, 15:37   Link #75
Skyring

That was an awesome episode went too fast though :P. It's a shame that we have got to wait 2 weeks for the next part of the battle.

Its funny that in the previous ep Grimm made a point of saying how Uluqi stabbed Ichigo where his hole is. In the flashback Grimmjow stabbed Rukia where his hole is. It must be something all Arrancar do without realising it.
Old 2008-03-20, 15:52   Link #76
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I was fearing due to the flashbacks from past events this episode and onwards Bleach will turn like Naruto Shippuden.

Thank god, that Ichigo and Grimmjow immediately started their match right off the batch and a big portion of this episode was invested on them duking it out onscreen to make for the wasted time.
Old 2008-03-20, 16:54   Link #77
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelite View Post
How is winning a battle in three seconds against supposedly someone who's two ranks above you, and infinitely stronger, not intelligent?

The idea of 'cheap tactics' was thought up by all-muscle, no-brain fighters who got irritated with being beat in two seconds by someone they considered inferior to themselves.

It's like the steroid monkeys who insist that my sensei (who has a rather slight build) is 'cheating' when he immobilizes them in under five seconds. He's not cheating, he's just using his brain to exert minimum effort on his part to achieve what he wants. That same mentality has been pushing humanity in all areas of science and innovation for centuries.

That, and Grimmjow is driven purely by his desire to be the strongest. Ichigo managed to slight him, and now Grimmjow wants revenge. Like all Hollow, Grimm's got an empty hole in him that he needs to fill - in this case, by being the victor in every battle.

But, since he himself needs to feel that he won completely, without any 'buts' and 'ifs', he wants his opponents to be in prime condition when he fights.

He doesn't give a damn about the possibility of Orihime and Ichigo running off together. Why should he? He just wants to win.
Ditto tha... no no.. strongly ditto that.

Grimmy has brains. I thought he was merely a bragger who likes to pray on weakling, but now he proves he can exercise his muscle in his brain as well.

After this episode, I also have this ominous feeling that Grimjow will turn to the good side. I'll be so sad if that turns out to be the case in the near future. Some of the coolest villains becomes pretty pathetic in a very short period of time after joining the good side. Good sides are overrated. They are boring and gets convenient power boost out of no where. And then the evil side... grrrr..

Dashing good looks. Cold, killer eyes. Fantastic hair-do. Good fashion sense. And they have no qualm about killing. They are made of pure win!

Seriously looking forward to next episode considering the preview indicates some good animated movements. Grimmy also seems to have mastered Super Seiyan 3. Oh boy!

P.S. KiNa, stop flirting with Lelite.
Old 2008-03-20, 16:54   Link #78
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelite View Post
How is winning a battle in three seconds against supposedly someone who's two ranks above you, and infinitely stronger, not intelligent?

The idea of 'cheap tactics' was thought up by all-muscle, no-brain fighters who got irritated with being beat in two seconds by someone they considered inferior to themselves.

It's like the steroid monkeys who insist that my sensei (who has a rather slight build) is 'cheating' when he immobilizes them in under five seconds. He's not cheating, he's just using his brain to exert minimum effort on his part to achieve what he wants. That same mentality has been pushing humanity in all areas of science and innovation for centuries.

That, and Grimmjow is driven purely by his desire to be the strongest. Ichigo managed to slight him, and now Grimmjow wants revenge. Like all Hollow, Grimm's got an empty hole in him that he needs to fill - in this case, by being the victor in every battle.

But, since he himself needs to feel that he won completely, without any 'buts' and 'ifs', he wants his opponents to be in prime condition when he fights.

He doesn't give a damn about the possibility of Orihime and Ichigo running off together. Why should he? He just wants to win.
Ditto tha... no no.. strongly ditto that.

Grimmy has brains. I thought he was merely a bragger who likes to pray on weakling, but now he proves he can exercise his muscle in his brain as well. He instantly becomes much more dangerous and his badassness level goes up a few notch at the same time.

After this episode, I also have this ominous feeling that Grimjow will turn to the good side. I'll be so sad if that turns out to be the case in the near future. Some of the coolest villains becomes pretty pathetic in a very short period of time after joining the good side. Good sides are overrated. They are boring and gets convenient power boost out of no where. And then the evil side... grrrr..

Dashing good looks. Cold, killer eyes. Fantastic hair-do. Good fashion sense. And they have no qualm about killing. They are made of pure win!

Seriously looking forward to next episode considering the preview indicates some good animated movements. As the preview shows, Grimmy also seems to have mastered Super Seiyan 3. Oh boy!

P.S. KiNa, stop flirting with Lelite.
Old 2008-03-20, 17:33   Link #79
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Grimmjow is more of a favour type person then a convert to the good side type. Also I don't think he is on either side, he must want to kill Aizen because he is a shinigami and as Grimmjow said hollow always fight shinigami to the death. Obviously since Aizen would own everyone right now Grimmjow probably wants to approach with caution. You're right that the bad side is awesome though, I mean my favourite characters from Bleach are Urahara Kisuke, Grimmjow, Ulquiorra, Gin, Aizen, Tousen (only joking) and Ichigo.

Bleach has taken the bad guy to a new level of cool never before seen in another anime. This is what makes it so great!
Old 2008-03-20, 17:38   Link #80
Ban kai
bleach luver

the next episode is too far away. GRIMMJOW IS GONNA RELEASE HIS SWORD
Closed Thread