3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 2.11%
1 out of 10 : Painful 8 8.42%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-06-07, 00:15   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

[Anime-Only] Shippuden Episode 17 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted a few days before it airs in Japan (which is on Thursday).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!

• Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.
Please Remember... Only Admins/Mods may create Episode Discussion Threads

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 02:21   Link #2
tatami
back in black

it will be painfull
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 02:40   Link #3
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
it will be painfull
Hopefully it wont be, but if the prievous episodes have tought us anything,......yea, it will be painfull.

Last edited by BlackShinobi07; 2007-06-10 at 21:34.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 08:13   Link #4
othafa

Why do you think it will be painful? Last episode was based largely on a very boring manga chapter. I actually have high hopes for this episode, since there was so little (none?) fighting in the last episode... And fights for me are really the only reason I watch the anime (especially filler fights).
othafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 09:06   Link #5
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
it will be painfull
The title say some1 dies.. of course its gonna be painfull
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 13:02   Link #6
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Lol.. at the people who already voted a 1, and a 7, that’s right you know who you are!! We can see your names by clicking "View Poll Results". Whatever, I'll never understand how people can vote before they watch it, what if it surprises you and it turns out to be better then you expected? Then what, you cant change your vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by othafa View Post
I actually have high hopes for this episode, since there was so little (none?) fighting in the last episode... And fights for me are really the only reason I watch the anime (especially filler fights).
Yea, I agree thats most likely why most Manga reader watches the anime is to see the fights animated, and spot the fillers. However, I disagree with having high hopes, high hopes only bring you crashing down harder. I find it best to have as low hope and expectation as possible, so its always a little better then expected or allot better.

-Sad, but true.
-Oh, and dont mind if I do *Jumps in to KiNa's Sig, and puts up a out of order sign* :0 I'm going to be a while.
Old 2007-06-07, 13:03   Link #7
tatami
back in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by othafa View Post
Why do you think it will be painful? Last episode was based largely on a very boring manga chapter. I actually have high hopes for this episode, since there was so little (none?) fighting in the last episode... And fights for me are really the only reason I watch the anime (especially filler fights).
well it was an 16-episode of painfull animation and filler thing it wont change before another 16 chapter for me
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 14:22   Link #8
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
7/10. Really good animation, but it seemed a waste since everything is in a holding pattern. Why couldn't they have used this for Gai vs Kisame?

It seems like we are back to adding filler. But I like that they are using Matsuri. She sort of has a Hinata of the Sand thing going. So I guess Gaara would be her Naruto?
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 14:25   Link #9
Stark

Good animation, but baaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

No comments.
Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 14:35   Link #10
Alca

I guess we gotta wait a whole week for something worth wild to happen.
Alca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 16:34   Link #11
reloaded
skywalker

Wasnt bad but the part where Kakashi, Chiyo, Naruto and Sakura are just floating in mid-air for a good 2-3 minutes (literally flying through the woods) is just dodgy.
reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 19:38   Link #12
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by reloaded View Post
Wasnt bad but the part where Kakashi, Chiyo, Naruto and Sakura are just floating in mid-air for a good 2-3 minutes (literally flying through the woods) is just dodgy.
I think thats called low budget animation.
Old 2007-06-07, 21:16   Link #13
prolifik

I read on another site that has a lot of Shippudden critics, that this was the best episode of the series. People that were giving the episodes a rating of 3, 4 or 5 were giving this episode an 8 or better. Were they accurate on their ratings of this episode?
prolifik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 21:36   Link #14
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by prolifik View Post
I read on another site that has a lot of Shippudden critics, that this was the best episode of the series. People that were giving the episodes a rating of 3, 4 or 5 were giving this episode an 8 or better. Were they accurate on their ratings of this episode?
Have the critics on that site generally given shippuden a positive or negetive review so far?
Old 2007-06-07, 22:05   Link #15
Petarded

Gaara monologue was nice. 7/10
Petarded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 22:08   Link #16
zetsumei

Jesus...I feel like I've been watching the same content for the last 3 episode...including this episode except for the last 5min of it. So so painful...hopefully something good will happens next episode...hopefully~~~ ; ;
zetsumei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 22:08   Link #17
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

Left on an annoying cliffhanger, and not airing next week. Very frustrating. It was a reasonable ep in itself though. Just sucks having to wait til the 21st for the next episode. ^^;
Asai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 22:24   Link #18
aceofhertz

Man

Wow... that's all I can really say... Wow...

My great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandchildren are really going to enjoy the end of this arc.
aceofhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 22:35   Link #19
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetsumei View Post
Jesus...I feel like I've been watching the same content for the last 3 episode...including this episode except for the last 5min of it. So so painful...hopefully something good will happens next episode...hopefully~~~ ; ;
People have been saying the same thing for what feels like every shippuden episode so far and each following episode has been another disappointment.
Old 2007-06-07, 23:04   Link #20
Schuyler

wow with how things are going, the fight wont' start for another 3 ep and we have to wait two weeks for ep 18. I'm glad I read the manga, this is just to painful, with how things are going, I say Naruto will go on for another 20 years!!!!!
Schuyler is offline   Reply With Quote