AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-07-02, 21:52   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

[Anime-Only] Shippuden Episode 64-65 Discussion

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted a few days before it airs in Japan (which is on Thursday).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!

• Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 23:44   Link #2
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Wasn't this a double episode? *confused*
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 01:17   Link #3
neshru

Yes, it's a double episode, and it looks quite interesting judgin from the preview. Or at least, episode 65 does.
Episode 64 is made by the same animators that worked on 56, 48 and 40, so expect ugly art and mediocre animation. On the other hand episode 65 is handled by some of the best animators that are working on shippuuden, the same that worked on episode 57 and 49.
So we can expect the first episode to setup things, and then the second will have all the fights.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 16:50   Link #4
Subaru-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Yes, it's a double episode, and it looks quite interesting judgin from the preview. Or at least, episode 65 does.
Episode 64 is made by the same animators that worked on 56, 48 and 40, so expect ugly art and mediocre animation. On the other hand episode 65 is handled by some of the best animators that are working on shippuuden, the same that worked on episode 57 and 49.
So we can expect the first episode to setup things, and then the second will have all the fights.
Do you know who worked on episode 35? This episode always seemed the best in terms of overall animation quality to me, even though no action occurs, the only being when a root member contacts Sai. The colour depth also stands out, something this series lacks a lot of the time.
Subaru-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 22:23   Link #5
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Any confirmation on when the fillers might end?
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 08:17   Link #6
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Any confirmation on when the fillers might end?
Can you -please- stop asking that? Every single new shippuuden episode thread I see you ask the same question and consequently ignoring any other answer. There's really no knowing for now.
Old 2008-07-05, 10:14   Link #7
NextTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
Can you -please- stop asking that? Every single new shippuuden episode thread I see you ask the same question and consequently ignoring any other answer. There's really no knowing for now.
You might have a point, and even though this isn't bad filler, we're all starting to get annoyed with how far behind this is getting.
NextTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 13:23   Link #8
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru-san View Post
Do you know who worked on episode 35? This episode always seemed the best in terms of overall animation quality to me, even though no action occurs, the only being when a root member contacts Sai. The colour depth also stands out, something this series lacks a lot of the time.
Episode 35 was animated by the same people who worked on episode 42 and 55. They also worked on some part1 episodes, but I can't remember which
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 15:27   Link #9
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
I thought this arc is pretty good.
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 18:37   Link #10
Captain Zechs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextTime View Post
You might have a point, and even though this isn't bad filler, we're all starting to get annoyed with how far behind this is getting.
I really like this filler. And we don't know if it is going to tie in with canon, so we might not be -that- far behind.
Captain Zechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 20:29   Link #11
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextTime View Post
I don't mind. This is excellent filler, Curry Filler Arc has nothing on this. Bug squashing Arc has nothing on this. Help the gimp kid running Arc has nothing on this either.

The animation has been of quality, and the color depth has been excellent.

Really, I'd rather see even another filler arc of this quality and get decently paced Naruto episodes for the Manga-arc to come, because I don't want them to screw them up.

That is all. ^^
Old 2008-07-05, 20:52   Link #12
Subaru-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Episode 35 was animated by the same people who worked on episode 42 and 55. They also worked on some part1 episodes, but I can't remember which
Ah yeah, those episodes are very well animated too, thanks for the info. Shame these guys can't be used for all the episodes, they must charge a lot :-/
Old 2008-07-07, 10:09   Link #13
Ichimaru

this eps was very good, animation quality also good....
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 10:34   Link #14
Lunarskylar

holy crap...
i actually really want to see the next episode
LOL but they're so ripping off orochimaru's invasion arc
but hell it's been so long since we've seen that
LOL so how exactly is naruto going to save the day since raiton >wind, but naruto doesn't know any wind jutsus...
lets hope the A-Team plays this right, cuz this could get interesting
Old 2008-07-07, 10:44   Link #15
Jerseykid

very entertaining two episodes.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 12:27   Link #16
Subaru-san

Does it still have that childish keyword thing in parts of this double episode?
Old 2008-07-07, 13:54   Link #17
Razdent

I like the new ED.
Razdent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 15:05   Link #18
BlackShinobi07

The best part of this entire special was the new ending. The animation was so crisp with those bright and soft colors excentuating the detail on each character it can be called nothing but exquiste. Narutos laid back and indifferent look was a little unusual but refreshing since he's always got some goofy or angry look on face when he encounters Sasuke. The traditional japapanese attire was also a visually treat since we've never seen these character dressed in such a manner. I loved that the undying rivalry was referenced by having them prepare to draw their swords to only have the frog brake the tension. This is one of my all time favorites next to the one with fan pics. Just lovely stuff!
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 15:08   Link #19
Jerseykid

definitely, naruto looks cool with a sword
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 16:16   Link #20
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Geeze sure got a lot of no name ninjas killed off in this one. Really against the earth users teh whole village couldn't accomplish a thing. At least they pull out excuses like the really skilled guys being away. Nothing like ninjas vs zombies to see what can be pulled out during a filler arc. Of course not really a problem taking them out.

Eventually I'm sure Naruto will catch up with Sora and we'll get some big fight out of it. Not bad of an hour long episode at any rate. Also liked the new ED.