AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 29 14.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 20.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 18.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 38 18.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 5.39%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 11 5.39%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.96%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 3.92%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 24 11.76%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-25, 23:08   Link #81
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
*snips close-minded rant*

Overall, I didn't like season 2, but my friend did. Maybe I just missed its charm.
Well, if a viewer was coming into Ryuusei no Gemini with the expectation that it will be exactly like the first season, they'd be disappointed definitely. If they'd come into the series expecting answers to some of the questions from the first season, they'd also be disappointed.

I freely admit to enjoying Ryuusei no Gemini though more than the first season because of the tighter focus on characters and overarching plot (I've never made it secret how annoyed I was at the 2-episode arc style used in DtB). If there's anything to be disappointed with, it's the addition of even more questions.
Old 2009-12-26, 00:33   Link #82
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
What's wrong with it? It's the point of the story.
The point of the story is to send Suou to another Earth? She obviously wanted to continue her journey and keep her memories. I simply don't see how getting ME'ed again, living in another created lie is the point. This season ended up to be a recovery process for Hei with Suou being the trigger.

Oh well, I will not bitch anymore since I did like all 11 and 3/4 of the season

I guess my only hope of Suou and July returning is Suou staying she is sure she'll meet her unknown love at some point
Old 2009-12-26, 01:31   Link #83
SMASHERJACKSON

still waiting for subs~ till then ill hav to wait for chinese electric batman.
Old 2009-12-26, 02:20   Link #84
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
The point of the story is to send Suou to another Earth? She obviously wanted to continue her journey and keep her memories. I simply don't see how getting ME'ed again, living in another created lie is the point. This season ended up to be a recovery process for Hei with Suou being the trigger.

Oh well, I will not bitch anymore since I did like all 11 and 3/4 of the season

I guess my only hope of Suou and July returning is Suou staying she is sure she'll meet her unknown love at some point
Haha, I share you sentiment regard to Suou losing her memory (as I've mentioned in my previous post). Shion's method isn't perfect. Suou's end isn't perfect, but my post was a response to the lack of Hei as the focal point in the last episode, not how the story ended.
Old 2009-12-26, 02:44   Link #85
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Jesus Christ the series reminds me of Lost its like here are some more episodes oh look we answered nothing and gave more questions 0_O This was my problem with season one, the conclusion was a huge WTF. And indeed WTF!
Old 2009-12-26, 02:47   Link #86
Bombo
TSF Fans

I'm glade Yin and Hei back togther again ^^.
Old 2009-12-26, 03:11   Link #87
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Haha, I share you sentiment regard to Suou losing her memory (as I've mentioned in my previous post). Shion's method isn't perfect. Suou's end isn't perfect, but my post was a response to the lack of Hei as the focal point in the last episode, not how the story ended.
If Suou's choice was to live in that fake world then sure, but since she found out about herself she has been about what's real. Also, with her memory gone it makes me feel like the whole journey was for nothing, it felt like all of her development just went poof. It's ironic how despite things were created to her what she wanted turned out to be the total opposite.

I got used to Hei not being in the focal point in this series since I like Suou so much. There has got to be a 3rd season though so screw any rumors that says otherwise. We'll get more Hei in the 3rd season (plz no 3yr wait )
Old 2009-12-26, 03:17   Link #88
Nvis
Where are the good animes

How do ppl like this anime?

So many unanswered questions.

And the hover cars DO Fly!
Old 2009-12-26, 03:34   Link #89
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
If Suou's choice was to live in that fake world then sure, but since she found out about herself she has been about what's real. Also, with her memory gone it makes me feel like the whole journey was for nothing, it felt like all of her development just went poof. It's ironic how despite things were created to her what she wanted turned out to be the total opposite.

I got used to Hei not being in the focal point in this series since I like Suou so much. There has got to be a 3rd season though so screw any rumors that says otherwise. We'll get more Hei in the 3rd season (plz no 3yr wait )
Indeed, Suou's end left much to be desired, I think that's why the producers added that final line for Suou. Though it is true, it's the end of Suou's story (kinda same for Amber last season). These types of ending make people feel like it's meaningless, which is understandable, but on the other hand, it also kinda make sense

Spoiler for 12:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
How do ppl like this anime?

So many unanswered questions.

And the hover cars DO Fly!
Once again, I FEEL most of the unanswered question in the previous post (hence why I don't think ending sucked and liked the series etc.); bUT, hover car does fly bring up a good point

Spoiler for 10:
Old 2009-12-26, 03:42   Link #90
davie

Just watched the episode. Can't say I'm fully satisfied with the ending but the season overall was very enjoyable for me.

So final question I have is...

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2009-12-26, 03:44   Link #91
Joe_fh

First of all Merry Christmas everyone~

So DtB is over already. I can't say anything about this episode (and the last as well since I still haven't found time to watch it) but from what i hear it's pretty much open for a 3rd season in the future. So I guess I'll post something very long later as always....
Old 2009-12-26, 04:07   Link #92
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by davie View Post
Just watched the episode. Can't say I'm fully satisfied with the ending but the season overall was very enjoyable for me.

So final question I have is...

Spoiler for spoiler:
Quoting myself because I'm obnoxious like that XD

Spoiler for Speculation:
Old 2009-12-26, 04:28   Link #93
thedonkiluminati

Why didn't just they make season 2 a movie then come out with a third season explaining what the hell happened in said movie? Would made more sense in my opinion.
Old 2009-12-26, 04:35   Link #94
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Well, talk about not answering anything and leaving the door blown open for future seasons of DtB.

Thoughts:

* Genma killed Youko, just as I had thought! Good to see he got his due! Very unfortunate that we didn't actually get to see that fight.
* America takes over Japan? Wooo!
* Er, can't remember his code name, red-coat/top-hat MI-6 agent wasn't actually dead? He really is a magician! Though since MI-6 and the CIA were apparently working together, and it was Genma who supposedly crushed his head....not too surprising in retrospect!
* It was touching how Hei is there for Suo as she died. And just as touching how she called him a liar when he told her they'd always be together.
* Yea yea, sure there's Suo seemingly alive and well in a world that presumably has no contractors. How sweet and touching, but I liken that to those people being "alive" and talking to Hei at the end of season one. The reality is in this world, Suo died. Kudos to the director for having the balls to reveal the main character was really nothing more than a doll experiment. I thought it was great. :/ Really fits with how this series, in both seasons, can have very human moments next to the most callous.
* So...Shion makes a deal with Yin-thing or something. Full ramifications completely not understood. But, it would seem he was at least partly responsible for this alternative world we see Suo living in at the end. But, who cares about that world? We need season 3 in contractor world!
* As an aside....who had he just created before Suo found him at the beginning of this episode/end of last one? I'm pretty sure that action was separate from whatever he ended up doing when he met Yin. But, can't seem to find a clue at all that would shed light on who he would have just made. Or, are we supposed to forgive the time that has passed and assume he was currently in the process of paying for creating the alternate world? Probably makes more sense the more I think about it.
* What happened to Hei and Yin...man, did I mention nothing got resolved?
* Orielle was making dolls and collecting all the memories being manipulated in one way or another with ME from what I gather. To what purpose...who knows.
* And we still don't know why Orielle seems to possess so much future technology!
* Or why chibi Amber had gone into the future (ie: this season) while in the middle of attempting to destroy Hell's Gate in last season!
* Actually, I had the crazy thought for a second that Orielle was beaming all those thoughts and memories to that alternate world, and that was her role in the whole thing. Motive, etc, well...as I said, almost nothing was actually resolved in this episode!
* That being at the end who seems able to suck the...spirits for lack of a better word (or what the hell, let's just call them ghosts, even if it's from non-dolls)...I thought it was Hei/Yin hybrid...but then it ended with Hei carrying Yin....but then I realized that was almost certainly a flashback to right before his star went all supernova like as one might assume that is his star above him....so I'm back to thinking it's a Hei/Yin hybrid. Which is probably just my hope that Hei is still around in some form or another, so not something I'm putting much stock into.
* Oh, and why were there two Yins. Or was that Yin and Yang? (Bad joke, but there were two of them, with one wearing white and one wearing black...so what else is one to think!)

By all rights I should be furious at no resolution whatsoever, but I guess I'm getting old. Great season over-all; can't really say which season was better. They were both different, and great. I will have to stop thinking about it so I don't cry in frustration while waiting on word for another season. Can't wait for the OVA-prequels to come out...next month?

Last edited by creb; 2009-12-26 at 05:24.
Old 2009-12-26, 04:35   Link #95
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

It's a good episode. This season should have been 26 episodes long since much was left unexplained. What is Izanami? What is Izanagi? What the hell happened in the end? This better has season 3 or the extra episodes will explain it more...The end of the episode definitely left things open for possible sequels.

I'm just glad that Suou gets a happy ending. So basically Shion just creates a planet for her and now the clone planet just flies away? Weird

It's a good episode....just not a good ending...
Old 2009-12-26, 04:38   Link #96
Iwa Ite
Day by Day

Who said that second season will explain something?
I have never expected it to explain the first season's secrets[why do that anyway]. Darker than Black world is full of secrets.
All I have wanted to know what will happen next after 1st season,where's Hei,Mao and Yin.
I don't feel any disappointment from Ryuusei no Gemini.
Season 3? Looking at 1st and 2nd, don't think it would help to understand.
It was great season with new colors to it.
Old 2009-12-26, 04:49   Link #97
Thoguht

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
You don't think she wasn't important for the development that Hei got in this series?
I'm going to have to think about that one. Hei had already shed his Li-kun persona before Suou turned up, and once she had, I don't really feel that she helped to reveal anything more about him that we didn't already know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
how many people you meet are people that you know for the rest of your life? Do you consider them 'filler' after they leave your life?
Suou may indeed not be "just filler" in Hei's life, but in terms of long-term plot development (on the admittedly rather uncertain premise that DtB could develop into a franchise of sorts), that's apparently just what she was.
Old 2009-12-26, 04:55   Link #98
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

The first episode which I gave a perfect 10. I gave high scores for the other episodes too though

Spoiler for Spoiler:

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Old 2009-12-26, 04:58   Link #99
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FragrantFlora View Post
The first episode which I gave a perfect 10. I gave high scores for the other episodes too though

Spoiler for Spoiler:
I'm 99% certain the grandfather committed suicide in classic Japanese fashion.

As for what happened to her, who knows. She got her revenge, so all is good.
Old 2009-12-26, 04:58   Link #100
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Liked the ending and all but watched the raw and was confused as to what was goin on then watched the sub and i still havent put together exactly what in the world happened