Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-17, 12:30   Link #1861
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Is bishounen in action series really such a bad thing?
I don't get you guys....
What is wrong with the idea of a man looking nice AND being able to kick ass!?
Old 2012-04-17, 12:35   Link #1862
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Is bishounen in action series really such a bad thing?
I don't get you guys....
What is wrong with the idea of a man looking nice AND being able to kick ass!?
It's not like that bishounen in action series is a bad thing, it's just that people who are into noitaminA-like animes or something stay away from mainstream shounen shows involving bishies (like Kuroshitsuji, Pandora Hearts, Brave 10...) because they think it's for fujoshi (and it's partially true...).
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-17, 12:41   Link #1863
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Haruhi. I simply don't see what's so great about the story or plot. Besides being ridden with stereotypical characters, a moeblob, an android who can't even feel... and a crazy chick.

Yes, I still watched it, but it really isn't that great as people say it is... just my 2 cents.

Niker

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-04-17, 14:02   Link #1864
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
It's not like that bishounen in action series is a bad thing, it's just that people who are into noitaminA-like animes or something stay away from mainstream shounen shows involving bishies (like Kuroshitsuji, Pandora Hearts, Brave 10...) because they think it's for fujoshi (and it's partially true...).
What are you talking about?
Kuroshitsuji and Pandora Hearts were never intended to be shounen shows. Also both series did manage to sell well, but most likely it was not bought by the demographic that likes shounen series.
Old 2012-04-17, 15:04   Link #1865
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
What are you talking about?
Kuroshitsuji and Pandora Hearts were never intended to be shounen shows. Also both series did manage to sell well, but most likely it was not bought by the demographic that likes shounen series.
These series are based on shounen manga, but they are very popular towards the shoujo/bishounen/yaoi fans (as I said before).
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-17, 15:23   Link #1866
kitten320

I actually have seen 2 episodes of Daily Lives of High School Boys and also found nothing funny there except maybe few scenes. It was stupid... did you guys really try to wear your sister's underwear back in high-school? 0_o
Your past sounds so sad...

P.S. I'm a girl in case someone didn't notice.
Old 2012-04-17, 15:27   Link #1867
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

After Kameruka, I find another one who didn't find Nichibros funny, and you are in the minority who didn't particularly like the show.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-17, 16:01   Link #1868
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
These series are based on shounen manga, but they are very popular towards the shoujo/bishounen/yaoi fans (as I said before).
While both series were published in a shounen magazine, i personally won't rank kuroshituji as a shounen manga seeing that it has too many almost shounen-ai scenes in it.
Old 2012-04-17, 16:47   Link #1869
Echoes

Quote:
After Kameruka, I find another one who didn't find Nichibros funny, and you are in the minority who didn't particularly like the show.
Well... that is the point of this thread? It's called "Anime you hate, but everyone else seems to like."
Old 2012-04-17, 16:47   Link #1870
kitten320

Quote:
I guess I'm among those who had good and saint past then
Old 2012-04-17, 18:53   Link #1871
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Well... that is the point of this thread? It's called "Anime you hate, but everyone else seems to like."
Aye, that seems to have to be a reminder every page or so...

Its nice if one explains why one didn't like a series but not mandatory (and its nice if its thoughtful rather than just a rage-spittlefest). But it is a thread for venting, people who come to defend their series are "off topic". If they want to ask someone to expand on or clarify their hate-reasoning, that's on-topic
Old 2012-04-17, 19:28   Link #1872
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I actually have seen 2 episodes of Daily Lives of High School Boys and also found nothing funny there except maybe few scenes. It was stupid... did you guys really try to wear your sister's underwear back in high-school? 0_o

Well, maybe not exactly trying to wear our sister's clothes, but it's more about the silliness of the things we boys did in our high school days. Actually, I'm pretty sure girls also used to think how 'stupid' high school boys (or just boys for that matter) can act sometimes
Old 2012-04-17, 20:04   Link #1873
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Having silly adventures with a stick was much more representative of stuff I used to do than resting on some guy's lap or washing each other's hair.
Old 2012-04-17, 23:11   Link #1874
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post

OMG the boy characters actually do that!?
I've GOTTA watch this anime now.
Old 2012-04-18, 13:33   Link #1875
mols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Having silly adventures with a stick was much more representative of stuff I used to do than resting on some guy's lap or washing each other's hair.
hahaha, exactly. the "stick" story reminded me of my high school days... what the hell am I saying? Even now I some times pretend i have a sword if i find an appropriate stick... the only difference is that at work (a lab) you cannot find many, except for a broken broom. Which I have used as a sword AND magic staff. Not when the bosses were there of course.
Old 2012-04-18, 13:54   Link #1876
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

For me Gintama and Lucky Star.

To be honest, I don't understand why a comedy is the top spot of MAL in the anime sections. It seems a little overrated to me.

Lucky Star, well, the show seems boring and the characters aren't interesting and all.
Old 2012-04-18, 15:43   Link #1877
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Having re-watched a couple of Lucky*Star episodes recently, I still think the Lucky Channel segment is the best part of this show.
Old 2012-04-18, 17:06   Link #1878
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Can't find that funny. In fact, the only funny part I find from that anime is when Konata sings Cha la Head Cha la.
Old 2012-04-18, 18:21   Link #1879
Fuyuno
Banned

While nowhere as "hate" level but I also found Lucky Star unappealing. I hope to see some cool parody show of girls making fun of anime and video games but instead I saw group of girls talking about cakes and bread more than anime itself, although I found Konata vs Guile is the funniest scene in the show but too bad there aren't many scenes like that.
Old 2012-04-18, 18:33   Link #1880
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Lucky Star was one of those in the "it gets better later" catagory. I started on episode 16. It was a fairly effective hook.