4 out of 10 : Poor 4 4.26%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.06%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 3.19%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-04-29, 23:16   Link #61
tatami
back in black

you mean you dont see the crappy 3d animation,disoranted faces,puffy face and forever flying thru trees jumping technique?

edit: oh and never ending silly speeches and meaningless long scenes?
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 02:36   Link #62
KingN0thing

...and i just dont understand whats the reason for this?
I mean some episodes are ok somtimes nice to watch but other ones are just crappy as hell and Naurto is telling us again and again that he will become Hokage but his abilities are only doing things like Bunshins and lots of annoying Rasenganstuff.

I miss the early episodes really :-(
KingN0thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 11:20   Link #63
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
you mean you dont see the crappy 3d animation,disoranted faces,puffy face and forever flying thru trees jumping technique?

Yeah I noticed that throughout the whole series, nothing new.

They are extending chapters out longer than they used to, but I think this is the fate of all long running series. They don't want to have another super long stretch of nothing but fillers again.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 12:59   Link #64
Rurik
Golden

On to the episode, Like it very much, center stage here are 2 things:

-Sakura showing off her medicine skill, basically Chiyo straight forward said Sakura abilities are to be praised, close to Tsunades level one could argue, I love Narutos expresion on Sakura's medic abilities.

-Kakashi's father, White fang, who would had thought a little of Kakashi's past would had been talked about here.

And from here on, things are going to get better, just by seen the previews you can tell.....

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-04-30 at 15:04. Reason: Please, use the report button instead of feedind a troll
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 19:45   Link #65
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^ Definitely, the preview promised a rumble of 4 Akatsukis vs 2 teams + an old lady.

question, double episode or normal ? >.<
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 21:01   Link #66
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I really liked this episode though it wasnt action oriented it was composed very well . The Highlight of this ep was Temari's End Dialogue " Kankuro if you keep talking to puppets,your freinds are going to stop hanging out with you "
Old 2007-05-01, 02:20   Link #67
Chuixupu
Shikachu

But the puppets ARE Kankurou's only friends.
Old 2007-05-01, 02:21   Link #68
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Then I do wonder are there any she-puppets
Old 2007-05-01, 02:54   Link #69
Chuixupu
Shikachu

There must be one "special" puppet around somewhere. Look how lifelike he made his own clone puppet.
Old 2007-05-01, 03:06   Link #70
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^ We are straying offtopic here.. but suddenly I keep picturing chachamaru from Negima >.<

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 09:44   Link #71
Lemartes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu View Post
Yeah I noticed that throughout the whole series, nothing new.

They are extending chapters out longer than they used to, but I think this is the fate of all long running series. They don't want to have another super long stretch of nothing but fillers again.
What I find silly about this is that the manga is so far ahead that they wouldn't need to do that. It would still take years to catch up .
I don't know about the success of the fillers in japan, but it must have been a horribly bad success so they really don't want to do that again.

The sad part is, that I really like the new episodes. If they weren't that slow paced, I would rate them quite high.
On the other hand, the filler material in shippuuden isn't really bad. Aside from endless repetition like the poison drain from sakura, they fit quite well into the series.
Lemartes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 10:18   Link #72
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Technically, no, the manga isn't "years" ahead the anime. More like 5-6 months ahead.

The pacing was bad during the Gaara kidnapping. But it's a lot better now, I don't mind filler when it depicts a good background story. More poison removing was a plus in my opinion too. Sakura needs the hype in order to show viewers that she's a totally different story compared to pre-Shippuuden Sakura. Otherwise the fights she will have later will appear inaccurate when we think of the Sakura we knew pre time skip.

She -needs- the hype.

Quote:

Technically, it's not 3 dimensional animation. And they use good animation in the episodes that matter. Long, emotional moments don't need a 25 frames per second to translate a character looking troubled. The few fight scenes up till now have been well animated. Gaara's fight was animated just fine, it's just the pace that made it look dodgy.

The faces, you can't change it, it's part of the anime/manga style, they make funny faces, what can I say.

The forever flying through trees was already used when Sakura/Naruto/Shikamaru were trying to get to Sasuke, as well as the Shikamaru Genin team through the Sasuke retrieval arc.

So, nothing new.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 10:45   Link #73
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
Technically, no, the manga isn't "years" ahead the anime. More like 5-6 months ahead.

He is referring to how much time it will take the anime to catch-up with the Manga, it would not take years, but certainly not 6 months.

Where the Anime is now is about 100 chapters apart from actual Manga story line, assuming the Anime team doesn’t make Any filler and covers 2 Chapters per episode, it would take the Anime almost 2 years to catch up with the Manga.
Old 2007-05-01, 11:01   Link #74
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
Rurik is right, it will take around 2 years to reach manga, if the anime moves forward at the expected pace (~1.8 chapters per episode).

So, there is definitely no *justifiable* reason for that kind of filler other than money. And, we are bound to live with low-quality anime because of that greedy bas....s.

And, I don't know where the anime creators get the idea that they can successfully integrate fillers to manga-based episodes, when they cannot even prepare a decent filler that is not limited with the current storyline.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 16:40   Link #75
Lemartes

well, to be fair, the fillerparts of the current episodes are much better than any sole filler-episode. The fact that character development and so on are possible again makes it possible to integrate filler parts into the series much better.
Lemartes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 17:20   Link #76
othafa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
Rurik is right, it will take around 2 years to reach manga, if the anime moves forward at the expected pace (~1.8 chapters per episode).

So, there is definitely no *justifiable* reason for that kind of filler other than money. And, we are bound to live with low-quality anime because of that greedy bas....s.

And, I don't know where the anime creators get the idea that they can successfully integrate fillers to manga-based episodes, when they cannot even prepare a decent filler that is not limited with the current storyline.
There is a justifiable reason, because if you decided to take out the filler, you'd move to more like 3 chapters per episode if not more, which could potentially cause catch-up within < 1.5 years (not good). Furthermore, travel scenes require more filler (per frame) because they only take like 3 frames in a manga. We have a high density of fight scenes coming up.
othafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 19:36   Link #77
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by othafa View Post
There is a justifiable reason, because if you decided to take out the filler, you'd move to more like 3 chapters per episode if not more, which could potentially cause catch-up within < 1.5 years (not good). Furthermore, travel scenes require more filler (per frame) because they only take like 3 frames in a manga. We have a high density of fight scenes coming up.
If you take into account how the original series was created (including travel scenes, fight scenes, even for the high-density fight scenes, we know the anime creators like to stall the characters so that they can examine each other in maximum detail), it makes around 1.8 chapters per episode. So, that makes a catch-up period around 2 years. And, during those two-years, there will be many opportunities for small breaks to integrate 4-5 filler episodes once in a while.

I would be more than glad to live with such breaks and a continuum of manga-based episodes that give a filler-less feel instead of watching an amateurishly corrupted storyline.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 19:57   Link #78
itachi29al

The filler so far has not been so bad. Sure a lot of its unneeded but it can sometimes actually help the manga. I remember hating the fact that sakura was able to such a complicated medical procedure so quick in the manga i am kinda glad they made it more time consuming.
itachi29al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 00:04   Link #79
jc1104

Send a message via AIM to jc1104 Send a message via MSN to jc1104
I've read a bit ahead on the manga but honestly I felt some parts of the anime are slow but some of it is needed or else you'll be going "WTF". I'm kinda neutral on this episode because of how many times they kept showing Sakura putting the healing bubble in but oh well.
jc1104 is offline   Reply With Quote