AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-01, 22:23   Link #281
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minagi Mikoto View Post
If you mean ep.19 of Railgun, he doesn't exactly call her anything, so we can't tell that he knows her as Mikoto or BiriBiri!
What I mean was that Touma just call her Misaka, no biri biri. I can tell because I was reading some translations from BT and other sites.
Old 2010-03-02, 06:44   Link #282
Minagi Mikoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
What I mean was that Touma just call her Misaka, no biri biri. I can tell because I was reading some translations from BT and other sites.
If you're taking about the "anime", I've just re-watched that part from ep.19 and I can tell that he doesn't call her by anything , but if it's manga or the light novels, I don't know because I don't read them.
Old 2010-03-02, 09:55   Link #283
Ashaman

Even after memory loss he still sometimes calls her Biri Biri, but no where near as often. In the anime at least. In the novels I'm not sure. At BT vol 4, he calls her shocker. That might be a translated Biri Biri.??

But yeah, he calls her by her name most of the time after memory loss.
Old 2010-03-03, 10:30   Link #284
Minagi Mikoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
But yeah, he calls her by her name most of the time after memory loss.
In the anime?!
And by the way what do you mean by BT?
Old 2010-03-03, 10:38   Link #285
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
In the anime?!
Baka-Tsuki.

Google is your friend

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-03-03, 10:49   Link #286
Minagi Mikoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Baka-Tsuki.

Google is your friend
guess you're right! But when you google BT it often means Bit torrent!
Old 2010-03-03, 11:20   Link #287
tsunade666

bit torrent is also a friend!
Old 2010-03-03, 14:19   Link #288
Ashaman

Quote:
In the anime?!
In the first episode of Angel Fall,when it is actually his cousin taking on Misaka's form.
And maybe in a couple of the previews. I can't remember which one's exactly.

Actually, is it his cousin. What was their relation to one another?
Old 2010-03-03, 14:27   Link #289
Seihai
スマイリウム

Cousin? Wasn't it sister?
In that episode she appeared in Biribiri-form I'm pretty sure she called out "Onii-chan!" to him and didn't he go like "Why is Biribiri taking up an imouto-chara?!" ?
Either way that's the only or one of the only times she appears (dunno about Light Novel) and you only take a glimpse of her real look in that mobile phone.

Since there's no blood relation at any rate and Toma lost his memories I don't think there's much to say about their relation to one another.
Old 2010-03-03, 14:36   Link #290
Minagi Mikoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
In the first episode of Angel Fall,when it is actually his cousin taking on Misaka's form.
And maybe in a couple of the previews. I can't remember which one's exactly.

Actually, is it his cousin. What was their relation to one another?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Cousin? Wasn't it sister?
In that episode she appeared in Biribiri-form I'm pretty sure she called out "Onii-chan!" to him and didn't he go like "Why is Biribiri taking up an imouto-chara?!" ?
Absolutely! Even there he called her Biri Biri and Otohime (her cousin's name) asked him "why Biri Biri?!"

As I remember it was only one time that he ran up to one of Misaka imoutos and said "Misaka?! Oh, it's the sister!"
Old 2010-03-03, 20:56   Link #291
Miraluka
Banned

Touma called her "dengeki to biri biri".(electrical and shaky)
Biri biri is a punny name which is the onomatopeia of sparks sounds and shaky(which Touma used to call her after the "battle" next to the river where she showed herself scared in Railgun) at the same time. You can find a similar example in one of the Opening of Death Note and in Naruto when in the begining Sasuke Uchiha calls Naruto, "are you right, biri biri kun?

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-03-04 at 11:38.
Old 2010-03-04, 10:39   Link #292
Minagi Mikoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Touma called her "dengeki to biri biri".
Yeah, Electrical Biri Biri! Much the same!
Old 2010-03-05, 07:24   Link #293
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well, I know of at least one time where he call her 'Mikoto' Most of everything else is 'Misaka'.
Old 2010-03-06, 10:34   Link #294
Minagi Mikoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well, I know of at least one time where he call her 'Mikoto' Most of everything else is 'Misaka'.
He almost didn't call her Misaka once, when did he called her Mikoto?! (maybe "Misaka Mikoto")
Old 2010-03-06, 18:48   Link #295
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
He almost didn't call her Misaka once, when did he called her Mikoto?! (maybe "Misaka Mikoto")
As far as I know, he's been calling her 'Misaka' since the sport festival, baka-tsuki's translation of volume 12 also yield quite a few 'Misaka' instead of 'biribiri'.

But only once in volume 10 did he call her 'Mikoto', which was weird- I totally didn't realize it the first time.
Old 2010-03-06, 21:36   Link #296
Seihai
スマイリウム

So he could be unconsciously be getting closer to Mikoto... but it's weird he calls her Mikoto before Volume 12 at all and then retreats to using her last name a lot in the 12th volume itself.
Start off with biribiri, with rare occasions Mikoto, and starting Volume 12 he uses her last name?
Old 2010-03-06, 21:44   Link #297
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
So he could be unconsciously be getting closer to Mikoto... but it's weird he calls her Mikoto before Volume 12 at all and then retreats to using her last name a lot in the 12th volume itself.
Start off with biribiri, with rare occasions Mikoto, and starting Volume 12 he uses her last name?
No, by the time of the festival, he hardly- almost never, calls her 'biribiri' anymore.
Old 2010-03-06, 22:10   Link #298
Seihai
スマイリウム

That's the case at any rate (not calling her biribiri anymore).

My point is that you're closer to someone when using his/her first name over the last name.
But how come Toma (occasionally) called her by her first name (Mikoto) first, and then later like mentioned starting Volume 12 the last name (Misaka)?
How does the order make sense? Or is it so insignificant that it doesn't matter?
Old 2010-03-06, 23:09   Link #299
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
That's the case at any rate (not calling her biribiri anymore).

My point is that you're closer to someone when using his/her first name over the last name.
But how come Toma (occasionally) called her by her first name (Mikoto) first, and then later like mentioned starting Volume 12 the last name (Misaka)?
How does the order make sense? Or is it so insignificant that it doesn't matter?
Correction, he started calling her 'Misaka' ever since volume 9, not volume 12, and have been doing so ever since... Mostly.

As for your question... I don't know, it was really only once in front of both their parents and it was quite offhandedly I might add.
Old 2010-03-07, 07:43   Link #300
Minagi Mikoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
As far as I know, he's been calling her 'Misaka' since the sport festival, baka-tsuki's translation of volume 12 also yield quite a few 'Misaka' instead of 'biribiri'.

But only once in volume 10 did he call her 'Mikoto', which was weird- I totally didn't realize it the first time.
Alright! I got it! Volumes 10 and 12 means that you're talking about the manga or light novels which I haven't read! I've just watched the anime!
Closed Thread