Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-02, 15:57   Link #32721
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
And this is why I ALWAYS made a conscious note to be careful at the ends of escalators.
Old 2014-02-03, 05:34   Link #32722
JokerD

Corruption across EU 'breathtaking' - EU Commission

So apparently Europe is not the shining example corruption free area that I was lead to believe
Old 2014-02-03, 05:55   Link #32723
Mentar
Banned

Let me put it this way: It was the European Commission who put out this report. How many truly corrupt bodies manage to criticize themselves?

Also, you should have a look what is considered "corruption". For example, strong criticism was levied on Germany about the fact that politicians could immediately take over leading positions in the business world, arguably utilizing their connections for lobbying purposes. In the US, this kind of corruption is not only completely legal, it isn't even considered unethical.
Old 2014-02-03, 06:01   Link #32724
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
Corruption across EU 'breathtaking' - EU Commission

So apparently Europe is not the shining example corruption free area that I was lead to believe
I'd say you were foolish to believe so in the first place.

Anyone can be bought, it just depends on how high the price is.
Old 2014-02-03, 07:30   Link #32725
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Let me put it this way: It was the European Commission who put out this report. How many truly corrupt bodies manage to criticize themselves?

Also, you should have a look what is considered "corruption". For example, strong criticism was levied on Germany about the fact that politicians could immediately take over leading positions in the business world, arguably utilizing their connections for lobbying purposes. In the US, this kind of corruption is not only completely legal, it isn't even considered unethical.
Have you ever seen the ASEAN criticising themselves over corruption?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2014-02-03, 07:42   Link #32726
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
I'd say you were foolish to believe so in the first place.

Anyone can be bought, it just depends on how high the price is.
Actually I was being sarcastic, I guess that didn't really come across too well

The problem with a lot of this is, it's based on hearsay. How many people are actually going to admit to receiving money. And if you look that this:
Quote:
In Sweden, 18% of people surveyed said they knew someone who had received a bribe, compared with a European average of 12%, Ms Malmstroem said.
They did a survey

Even the Transparency International Corruption Perceptions Index is just that, perception and it varies from place to place, person to person...
Old 2014-02-03, 07:47   Link #32727
Tiberium Wolf

Tons of corruption everywhere. Everyone wants more and more money. Maybe ppl or more like the politicians first should take the example of José Mujica President of Uruguay then maybe things might change.
Old 2014-02-03, 12:06   Link #32728
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Coca-Cola's Multicultural Super Bowl Ad Really Angered Conservatives
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...atives-boycott
Last week was a ad with a us soldier and his muslim wife and now this one... Are those morons looking out for something to get mad every week.

News Outlets Apologize For 'Reprehensive Party Of Florida' Graphic
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...lorida-apology
Not the official name but given their actions , it's kind of appropriate in more than a way.
Old 2014-02-03, 19:45   Link #32729
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Last week was a ad with a us soldier and his muslim wife and now this one... Are those morons looking out for something to get mad every week
Shorter lifespans for them, longer ones for the rest of us.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2014-02-03, 20:20   Link #32730
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Last week was a ad with a us soldier and his muslim wife and now this one... Are those morons looking out for something to get mad every week.
It's like extremist, they have to be constantly angry at something to keep the movement going.
Old 2014-02-03, 20:46   Link #32731
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
It's like extremist, they have to be constantly angry at something to keep the movement going.
Well, many would call them extremists already
Old 2014-02-03, 23:10   Link #32732
JokerD

Jack Lew: US could default on debt by 'end of month'

Not this sh*t again. This is beginning to feel like the death throes of the Soviet Union.
Old 2014-02-04, 02:25   Link #32733
AnimeFan188

Quote:
Jack Lew: US could default on debt by 'end of month'

Not this sh*t again. This is beginning to feel like the death throes of the Soviet Union.
An economic collapse (or maybe something worse) is what it'll take to get the
politicians to kick their deficit-spending addiction.

Of course, the public could always vote out those fiscally-irresponsible $#@!%^&s,
but they won't, because the soaring deficit is one of those problems that won't be
taken seriously until *AFTER* it causes a disaster.
Old 2014-02-04, 06:30   Link #32734
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Why must we play the debt game again?
Why won't they just cut the expensive spending, raise taxes or make redundancies?
Old 2014-02-04, 07:05   Link #32735
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Why won't they just cut the expensive spending, raise taxes or make redundancies?
Or you can just not have a debt ceiling?

Other nations just don't do this shit; only America has the system whereby the House can approve spending that breaks the debt Ceiling limit, then refuse to raise the debt ceiling.

The House is the only institution that can generate spending by force, against president wishes, THEN generate a debt crisis because it can refuse to pay the bills it asked for. The entire point of the debt ceiling is just to hold the nation hostage and nothing more.
Old 2014-02-04, 07:50   Link #32736
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
Of course, the public could always vote out those fiscally-irresponsible $#@!%^&s,
but they won't, because the soaring deficit is one of those problems that won't be
taken seriously until *AFTER* it causes a disaster.
No, they won't do it because they believe it's everyone else's fault, and not their guy's fault.
Old 2014-02-04, 07:55   Link #32737
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Nucking crazy opening to today's market.

Shares slump as U.S. slowdown joins emerging-market woes

DJIA is down 300 pts.
NASDAQ down 100.
S&P down 40 or so.

IT ISN'T MAY YET YOU TURDS. STOP SELLING. It is only a simple factory data!

Old 2014-02-04, 09:20   Link #32738
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
No, they won't do it because they believe it's everyone else's fault, and not their guy's fault.
And they pretend to be ''fiscaly responsible''... when was the last time than republicans didn't do the opposite of what they said ?
Old 2014-02-04, 15:57   Link #32739
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
OK, so what is excessive spending? I mean, everyone agrees there's a lot of that, but when you get down to specifics, one man's pork barrel is another man's essential, indispensable program.

Besides, if you tighten the screws too much, you kill your own economy and therefore your own tax revenue. And destroy social peace in the process.

(I'm not saying being lax is the solution. I'm saying there is no easy solution. Possibly no solution at all.)
Old 2014-02-04, 16:08   Link #32740
Zakoo

To begin with do the major forces of the world's economy wants the debts to be paid? The entities which loaned money to the States must be quite happy, they have a nearly eternal income with the interests and they even weigh into the country politics.

I would be in their shoes, I wouldn't really want people to pay their debt and well ... stop being indebted to me.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international