AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-07-11, 14:52   Link #101
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
ah yeah, they (aogiri) are cool, but the story arc is so so...
I find this so strange, because I liked the arc from the beginning, the arc that I disliked was the goumert, typical arc just to display a character.

however, anybody here follows the current chapters?
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 14:55   Link #102
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
maybe someone who has good memory here can predict. i already forgot the detail of what happened in the manga
anime episode
1-intro until kaneki meet nishio, this is actually quite fast, i thought the episode would just end when kaneki open his eyes
2-nishio get rekt by kaneki already, i dont remember but is nishio get rekt immidiately in manga too?

after this iirc the mother-children ghoul with amon and mado (2 episode maybe)
and then gourmet arc (this can be easily compressed into 2 episode)
and then finally aogiri (4 episode)
and some filler inbetween arc to kaneki develpment.
13 episode is enough i think
Introduction Arc: 9 chapters
Hinami's Arc: 20 chapters
Gorument Arc: about 15 chapters
Aogiri Arc: about 32-35 chapters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranhieu View Post
It's going at quite fast a pace 4-5 chapters/episode.

The arc about Hinami and her mother is actually one of the best arcs in this manga. There's not much action but the amount of trauma and depression it offers is top notch. Though I know people prefer bloody battles and stuff.

Personally I don't like Aogiri arc, it's just non stop fighting everywhere, which becomes tiring later.
Hinami's arc is one of my favorites too, but Aogiri arc has been pretty good exciting to me. The sheer amount of plot development is quite staggering regarding: Aogiri itself, the confirmation about Dr Kanou's ghoul experiments, Owl/One Eyed's history and the plot twist regarding him, Anteiku banding together to help Kaneki, several backstories revealed including Kaneki's and his furthered character development. It's definitely not just been fighting, but that's easy to forget that since releases have been at piecemeal pace and not in batches or all at once like the others. The battles themselves aren't even long, you just have more than one occurring at the sametime, so it can end up being seeing that way with the slower scanlation updates.

Reread the arc yourself once if finishes (at ch 79) you will see yourself.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-07-11 at 15:26.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 15:14   Link #103
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Gotta to say, I really like how humans in this series are always improving (the Quinque bullets, armor, etc) their ghoul tech and tactics. Unlike a lot of other series with similar theme this one of few they're not resorting to the ridiculously static strategies.

Something I'm a little confused about though:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Are they using drugs or putting them on the enemy? The translation makes things sound unclear.

And seems like Suzuya has recognized Kaneki and already putting two and two together.

Nice to see that Amon wants establish communication with Kaneki, he's starting to see ghouls as individuals rather than a homogenous mob who only care about killing.
It sounds like members of the CCG are taking drugs to enhance some of their senses so they're a little less easy to kill.

Honestly, I'm not even sure how Suzuki even recognized Kaneki considering he looks completely different then the first time they meet. Not only is he wearing a mask that covers most of his face, but his hair's completely white now.

This development causes another problem for Kaneki though. If he's going to continue fighting, especially with the CCG, it can't be to hard to figure out that this whited haired kid with an eyepatch might be this white haired one eyed ghoul. I'd like to know how the mangaka deals with that.

I hope the story actually goes somewhere with that. It would be nic4e if Kaneki and Amon could have some type of open communication down the road.

I also really like the Aogiri arc. At first Banjo was just a throwaway character for me who was a little to into Rize, but now I really like him. I hope we see more of him because I think he's a good "leader" in that he's good with dealing with people and situations. And the other ghouls seemed to like him. He just can't be a true leader because he's to weak right now. But he could be a good second in command.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 16:55   Link #104
LG-MAX 2.o

chapter 80 came by kawa scans
Old 2014-07-11, 17:10   Link #105
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
chapter 80 came by kawa scans
ah her, android #18, the blonde petite, she is in anime ending picture too.
so she is mado daughter, i didnt know her name because raw is using 'sky language'

wait...
chapter 80? they skipped 2 chapters?
Old 2014-07-11, 17:12   Link #106
bakato

Quote:
ah her, android #18, the blonde petite, she is in anime ending picture too.
so she is mado daughter, i didnt know her name because raw is using 'sky language'

wait...
chapter 80? they skipped 2 chapters?
Different scanlation groups are getting involved.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 17:16   Link #107
LG-MAX 2.o

these two episodes were enough to let people interested in the manga.
Old 2014-07-11, 17:40   Link #108
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
these two episodes were enough to let people interested in the manga.
I won't complain if that means we get caught up faster. The group that's been doing it so far has been doing a great job. But I'd be lying if I didn't say I'd like more just so I can know what's happening currently, especially with the RAW spoilers now in the thread.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 17:52   Link #109
LG-MAX 2.o

well, speaking of the current chapters, what do you think of Kaneki vs Amon?
Old 2014-07-11, 17:53   Link #110
bakato

Quote:
well, speaking of the current chapters, what do you think of Kaneki vs Amon?
I hope Amon stays down and Kaneki rescues the manager.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 20:28   Link #111
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
It sounds like members of the CCG are taking drugs to enhance some of their senses so they're a little less easy to kill.

Honestly, I'm not even sure how Suzuki even recognized Kaneki considering he looks completely different then the first time they meet. Not only is he wearing a mask that covers most of his face, but his hair's completely white now.

This development causes another problem for Kaneki though. If he's going to continue fighting, especially with the CCG, it can't be to hard to figure out that this whited haired kid with an eyepatch might be this white haired one eyed ghoul. I'd like to know how the mangaka deals with that.
Really, Kaneki stands out too much now with that and the Doves aren't stupid. Even if they can't see a ghouls face they will try match other things such as clothing, so his white hair would be a good indicator. I suspect he will have to at least move to a different ward or spend most of his time hiding now.

EDIT: this ofcourse depends on whether Amon and Suzuki reveal that he was there though.

Quote:
It would be nic4e if Kaneki and Amon could have some type of open communication down the road.
Indeed, but it's going have to come from Amon's end now. Kaneki would not be able to tell if he's still hostile or not.

Quote:
I also really like the Aogiri arc. At first Banjo was just a throwaway character for me who was a little to into Rize, but now I really like him. I hope we see more of him because I think he's a good "leader" in that he's good with dealing with people and situations. And the other ghouls seemed to like him. He just can't be a true leader because he's to weak right now. But he could be a good second in command.
I had same impression. I frankly never expected to see him after Rize's story, but 'lo and behold" he what starts off Aogiri arc. He may not be a great leader, but he at least tries take care of his group to best of his ability. If he gains more experience he will probably become better overtime.

That said, I'm suspecting the anime will cut him and his group part out since it's pretty unlikely they will animate Rize's sidestory due to the lack of time. Which is kinda of ironic when we talk about Rize as most of her screentime came from that chapter.

This probably going to have adverse effort though by weakening one of reasons why Kaneki's undergoes his transformation and fully accepts his ghoul nature. As it was only way for him stop watching the people he has grown to care about dying in front him without being able to do anything about it.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-07-11 at 20:40.
Old 2014-07-11, 20:49   Link #112
Tranhieu

Quote:
the (+) point in aogiri arc is just kaneki's badass transformation, the rest are super boring...
It's not that boring but the back stories got blurred by the battles viewed from both sides. The only thing I remember after the arc finish was Kaneki's bones song lol.
Quote:
Introduction Arc: 9 chapters
Hinami's Arc: 20 chapters
Gorument Arc: about 15 chapters
Aogiri Arc: about 32-35 chapters

Hinami's arc is one of my favorites too, but Aogiri arc has been pretty good exciting to me. The sheer amount of plot development is quite staggering regarding: Aogiri itself, the confirmation about Dr Kanou's ghoul experiments, Owl/One Eyed's history and the plot twist regarding him, Anteiku banding together to help Kaneki, several backstories revealed including Kaneki's and his furthered character development. It's definitely not just been fighting, but that's easy to forget that since releases have been at piecemeal pace and not in batches or all at once like the others. The battles themselves aren't even long, you just have more than one occurring at the sametime, so it can end up being seeing that way with the slower scanlation updates.

Reread the arc yourself once if finishes (at ch 79) you will see yourself.
I can't even remember when the arc actually starts to start rereading lol. It'd have been better if all those twists and hints had been spread out more instead of gathering all together in 1 arc which then made them forgettable. Plus I can't see much relation between Aogiri and our current's characters that needs such a long arc to explain, Ayato is just a thug who likes to bully his sister and Bajou is helplessly in love with Kaneki's organ and that's it.

I don't know how the anime's gonna nail it if the manga couldn't execute the arc well enough. I mean, Aogiri arc can even make up for half the season given its length. There're better arcs to animate but yeah, battles are cool I know, especially when hundreds of people are marching to kill each other.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 21:11   Link #113
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranhieu View Post
I can't even remember when the arc actually starts to start rereading lol. It'd have been better if all those twists and hints had been spread out more instead of gathering all together in 1 arc which then made them forgettable. Plus I can't see much relation between Aogiri and our current's characters that needs such a long arc to explain, Ayato is just a thug who likes to bully his sister and Bajou is helplessly in love with Kaneki's organ and that's it.
lol Banjou isn't in love Rize's organ at all. He partly came to 20th ward because he thought she was still alive, but iIRC Kaneki told him she wasn't. He accepted it and move on.

It's starts at chapter 48, but the actual raid doesn't begin until til around chapter 60 once the CCG amasses some of it's power to fight. Aogiri was the group that Kanou was working for, who was chasing Rize and the One Eyed King/Owl is supposedly it's leader who Kaneki has taken a interest in. It's also where Ayato disappeared to, but his presence is more important to Touka rather than Kaneki. And to be fair Ayato does have he's reasons for his disposition.

Quote:
I don't know how the anime's gonna nail it if the manga couldn't execute the arc well enough. I mean, Aogiri arc can even make up for half the season given its length. There're better arcs to animate but yeah, battles are cool I know, especially when hundreds of people are marching to kill each other.
I'm not sure how well the anime will be able to even do Hinami's itself, and that's about 20 chapters. My speculation is that they will crammed it into 3 or 4 episodes and some parts changed due to time constraints.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-07-12 at 01:30. Reason: Oops...
Old 2014-07-12, 07:54   Link #114
hamazura
whatever

raw 135
Spoiler for 135:
Old 2014-07-12, 08:05   Link #115
Beelze
Maou's son

Spoiler for chap 80:

Last edited by Beelze; 2014-07-12 at 08:56.
Beelze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 09:02   Link #116
LG-MAX 2.o

Chapter 135

Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by LG-MAX 2.o; 2014-07-12 at 13:00.
Old 2014-07-12, 11:43   Link #117
Iron Maw
Banned

^Ugggh.

Dude spoiler tags exist for a reason. =/
Old 2014-07-12, 11:49   Link #118
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
^Ugggh.

Dude spoiler tags exist for a reason. =/
you should say that 69 page earlier, this thread full of raw spoiler sadly..
Old 2014-07-13, 19:28   Link #119
LG-MAX 2.o

chapter 81 come out.

Spoiler for spoiler:

ps: I have a doubt, in which chapter it is said that ghouls can not regenerate if hit by a kagune that they have disadvantage?

Last edited by LG-MAX 2.o; 2014-07-13 at 19:47.
Old 2014-07-13, 21:16   Link #120
Iron Maw
Banned

Twisted Hell Scans has just put their translations for ch 76, ch 77 and the oneshot. As much as I appreciate the other scanlators working on this...but the quality disparity between them and THS is pretty big. The translation accuracy, dialogue flow and such make more sense in theirs. So at this point, I'll just treat the other them as speedscans going forward and reread THS releases when ever they pop out.

Images
correction
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

This is much clearer for instance.

Now if someone could close the gap between ch 77 and 80...

Quote:
you should say that 69 page earlier, this thread full of raw spoiler sadly..
I actually already did.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-07-13 at 21:30.

Tags
action, comedy, drama, gore, modern fantasy, sci-fi, seinen, tragedy