AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-02-02, 12:41   Link #2821
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Good lord, man, she's what .. four or five? I was just watching the little drummer's face and the intensity - the spirit and rawr. The proper skills will develop if they give her access to training.
She is 3 at best.

And as for the comment if all asian girls are as lolicious as this one.... all kiddos are cute at this age, asian or not.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 14:47   Link #2822
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

This whole "purity" crap has really gotten out-of-hand:

AKB48 pop star shaves head after breaking band rules

I realize she broke a rule, but the rule itself is ridiculous. The woman is twenty, which as far as I know makes her an adult in Japan. The idea that fans somehow have the right to tell her how to conduct her sex life is absurd.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 15:07   Link #2823
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
This whole "purity" crap has really gotten out-of-hand:

AKB48 pop star shaves head after breaking band rules

I realize she broke a rule, but the rule itself is ridiculous. The woman is twenty, which as far as I know makes her an adult in Japan. The idea that fans somehow have the right to tell her how to conduct her sex life is absurd.
I agree, that rule is pretty terrible.

But alas, it was her decision to break the rule, regardless of how stupid it was. No one is forcing her to follow that dumb rule, she could leave the band and be free at any time (actually, she may be under contract. Still, she could have just not joined, she must have known the rule before she entered any binding agreement). To see her shave her head and talk about how sorry she was after knowingly breaking the rule?? No sympathy from me.

She's 20, she's old enough to own up to her actions and be responsible. Don't make decisions you know you're going to regret later, unless you know they'll be worth it (and seeing all the boohooing and self embarrassing stunts she's doing now, that doesn't seem to be the case here).

Not trying to be mean, but I have to wonder if this is just a publicity stunt, or maybe a way for her to get her fans to attack that rule. What else could she have possibly gotten out of all this??
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 18:16   Link #2824
kramerica

That story made me ask a couple of questions:

1) Who started the idea that idols had to be not just chaste, but completely devoid of relationships? The company or the otaku?

2) When did she join AKB? I have this feeling that most of these girls are somewhat naive at the time of becoming an idol, not fully knowing all the drawbacks that come with fame of this type.

Yeah, it's technically her fault, but IMO this reveals quite a problem with the whole idol image in general.

Nanael is not amused.
kramerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 18:25   Link #2825
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramerica View Post

1) Who started the idea that idols had to be not just chaste, but completely devoid of relationships? The company or the otaku?

2) When did she join AKB? I have this feeling that most of these girls are somewhat naive at the time of becoming an idol, not fully knowing all the drawbacks that come with fame of this type.

Yeah, it's technically her fault, but IMO this reveals quite a problem with the whole idol image in general.
I don't know the answer to your first q.

2) Minegishi joined when she was 13 years old. So your idea is very plausible.

And I pity her having to find out that the paparazzi is treating her like this. Even shaving her head, which she says was in a state of shock and she wasn't thinking clearly. I draw the line at her making a video of this and putting it on Youtube for the whole world to see, though. Why not keep that private between her and her employers?? Why did she want other people to know about her sadness? Asking for pity from the world for something you inflicted upon yourself? Another component to showing how sorry she is, by embarrassing herself in front of millions?

And now I wonder if she was forced to do any of this by her employers, in exchange for not being completely dropped.

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2013-02-02 at 19:18.
Old 2013-02-02, 18:31   Link #2826
Sumeragi
Banned

I'll just say, rules are rules. I'm more concerned about the "personal choice" nonsense I see when things like this come up.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 19:17   Link #2827
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramerica View Post

I wish someone could answer that one. Hell, no one should give a flying damn about who she might date or not. That's none of our bloody business! If the girl has enough confidence and intellect to find herself a good path of a career while being a celebrity AND being married at the same time, she might as well as become the next Victoria Adams-Beckham and people should be proud if that ever happens.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2013-02-02 at 19:27.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 19:21   Link #2828
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
I wish someone could answer that one. Hell, no one should give a flying damn about who she might date or not. That's none of our bloody business!
Answer: It's not that all idols need to be chaste, but specific ones, especially those who bank things on kawaiiness.
Old 2013-02-02, 19:23   Link #2829
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
The 3 VAs of Symphogear heroines are pretty much the best examples - Aoi Yuki, Nana Mizuki and Ayahi Takagaki are all less than 155cm with Aoi Yuki being the total miniature loli squirrel* at 145cm.

Kana Hanazawa and Ayana Taketatsu are the short and chubby ones, but they are still ridiculously cute to fall into the semi-loli region.

* - She is a total real squirrel! Her buckteeth, small size, ridiculous level of cuteness......*grabs and takes her home*
Ew... I hate buckteeth. Also, who would've known that SH was into 3D? Congratulations man!
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 22:08   Link #2830
Hitenma
Behold! We are the Nine!

@Kudryavka: I think you are too harsh on the girl.
Let the ridiculous stuff aside (yes, shaving your head is too much), what is wrong with saying sorry publicly?
This is not just between her and her employers. She betrayed her fans too (you may find this stupid but it's the case) so a public apology is expected from her.
Hitenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 22:13   Link #2831
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitenma View Post
@Kudryavka: I think you are too harsh on the girl.
Let the ridiculous stuff aside (yes, shaving your head is too much), what is wrong with saying sorry publicly?
This is not just between her and her employers. She betrayed her fans too (you may find this stupid but it's the case) so a public apology is expected from her.
Are you sure she betrayed her fans as well?

That makes it even more questionable, why would she do it if she thought/knew millions would hate her if she found out? Well, I don't know the whole story, and perhaps I never will. Maybe only she knows.

Like, when you break a rule knowingly, you know what you're doing. Her reaction to all of this is just shocking to me.
Old 2013-02-02, 22:20   Link #2832
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

The bottom line in all of this is the fact there's something really sickening about that idol industry (including the fans themselves). What's the big idea about the need for the fans in Japan to have that purity image shoved into their faces? Call me harsh if any, but I think the masses of fans are the ones who need to get laid and to live life as it should be.

BTW, a number of idols already started shoving that old stupid rule up the bollocks of the people who are still upholding them. However, we need to see more of that.
Old 2013-02-02, 22:25   Link #2833
Hitenma
Behold! We are the Nine!

@Kudryavka:

Well, the company doesn't just force the idols to keep the purity image for no reason. It's the purity image that makes many many otaku follow them. So if someone break that image, it's a betrayal to her fans.

About why did she do this knowingly? Maybe she didn't expect to get caught?
You know, it's not a crime if no one finds out
Hitenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 22:31   Link #2834
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitenma View Post
@Kudryavka:

Well, the company doesn't just force the idols to keep the purity image for no reason. It's the purity image that makes many many otaku follow them. So if someone break that image, it's a betrayal to her fans.

About why did she do this knowingly? Maybe she didn't expect to get caught?
You know, it's not a crime if no one finds out
I know, that is what we think when we break the rule sometimes, we will not get caught.

But she got caught, and she apologizes like this. I just don't like to accept apologies from people who knew what they were doing wrong, because then it's not them being sorry about what they did, it was no accident. It's them being sorry about being caught. (and no I do not see this as her apologizing to me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
The bottom line in all of this is the fact there's something really sickening about that idol industry (including the fans themselves). What's the big idea about the need for the fans in Japan to have that purity image shoved into their faces? Call me harsh if any, but I think the masses of fans are the ones who need to get laid and to live life as it should be.

BTW, a number of idols already started shoving that old stupid rule up the bollocks of the people who are still upholding them. However, we need to see more of that.

Yea I don't like the purity image of some idols getting to a point where, apparently, an idol feels it is appropriate to make a Youtube video of herself apologizing profusely because she betrayed the fans by going to an alleged boyfriend's house (we don't even know what they did in the house). But that is just a personal opinion. I won't comment a lot on that because it's hard to argue that that's any different from models who starve themselves to get work, or office workers who work overtime too much. Is it? It seems just like a way to earn your keep, however unliked. If you don't like it, no one says you have to do it.

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2013-02-02 at 23:06.
Old 2013-02-02, 22:35   Link #2835
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

But for God's sake, why the obsession with the purity image pressured by the industry and the fans? I noticed the same thing with Korean and Chinese idols. Let those poor girls live their own respective lives, face hardships of life like any normal human being (including artists) should such come by.

Most of the top female artists in the world are already married or dating someone, but should that keep people away from fantasizing about them if they want? No! From the looks of it, a large number of those local fans cannot live normally without that purity BS.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2013-02-02 at 23:37.
Old 2013-02-02, 22:51   Link #2836
Sumeragi
Banned

You know, when one banks one's popularity on a pure image, tarnishing said image is not going to go well at all. Apply completely different standards only shows ignorance and possible bigotry.
Old 2013-02-02, 22:56   Link #2837
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
You know, when one banks one's popularity on a pure image, tarnishing said image is not going to go well at all. Apply completely different standards only shows ignorance and possible bigotry.
The point I'm trying to ask about here is why an entire industry relies on a pure image when that is simply going against human nature. What's the rationale behind that?
Old 2013-02-02, 22:59   Link #2838
Sumeragi
Banned

It is not the entire industry. If you really think the entire Japanese idol industry is like that, you either need to stop listening to ignorant/sensational sources or educate yourself correctly before making statements.
Old 2013-02-02, 23:09   Link #2839
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

At least, I know that a very large part of the industry relies on that kind of counter-nature thing considering how many other idols were axed before because they were dating someone like any normal person would.

Now, you better stop with your condescendent tone.
Old 2013-02-02, 23:11   Link #2840
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Shamefur Dispray is serious business in East.

Tags
culture, discussion, japan, japanese culture