AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-11-29, 15:09   Link #26361
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Really, Fate hasn't won a fight cleanly since S1 (she pulled out her Bankai shonen upgrade on Tre and Sette to beat them). And Vita? When was the last time she beat someone who was remotely tough? A's?
Please, you can't say Fate was warfed in A's and StrikerS. She looked very capable in A's, and she did her job in StrikerS. "Worfing only happens if you lose fight after fight!"
This didn't happen in A's or StrikerS, yo. She may of pulled her "shonen" uppgrade in StrikerS, but she didn't just beat them, she stomped them. They just gave the big fight to Nanoha, so Fate had to settle for them.

I begin to wonder in Vivid and Force...
Old 2010-11-29, 15:10   Link #26362
Justin_Brett

...I can't really remember when Fate explicitly lost a fight except against Nanoha or Signum (the latter of which doesn't fully count, since the same thing happened to the former).

Haters of Erio would dispute this, though, I'm sure.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 15:11   Link #26363
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
I've seen this conversation a few times and i was gone for a few months x_x; where's the pics?

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 15:15   Link #26364
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Please, you can't say Fate was warfed in A's and StrikerS. She looked very capable in A's, and she did her job in StrikerS. "Worfing only happens if you lose fight after fight!"
This didn't happen in A's or StrikerS, yo. She may of pulled her "shonen" uppgrade in StrikerS, but she didn't just beat them, she stomped them. They just gave the big fight to Nanoha, so Fate had to settle for them.

I begin to wonder in Vivid and Force...
If I can't say she was worfed in A's (despite getting her butt kicked by Signum, then by the catgirls, twice, THEN by Reinforce) and in StrikerS (she could barely keep up with Tre and Sette, was losing when Jail talked to her and she needed to be encouraged by Erio and Caro AND bust out a new mode), then no one can claim that Signum, who loses ONCE, was worfed.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 15:21   Link #26365
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
If I can't say she was worfed in A's (despite getting her butt kicked by Signum, then by the catgirls, twice, THEN by Reinforce) and in StrikerS (she could barely keep up with Tre and Sette, was losing when Jail talked to her and she needed to be encouraged by Erio and Caro AND bust out a new mode), then no one can claim that Signum, who loses ONCE, was worfed.
but her defeat is more crushing than all Fate has passed through combined xDU ...a case of quality VS quantity ?

Back on topic xDU:

Open way to the Queen of Braves!

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 15:21   Link #26366
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Nanoha got her butt kicked by Vita before upgrade, Fate landed a hit on Signum before getting her butt kicked by Signum who is far stronger than Vita. Catgirls? You mean those cheaters that steal linker cores from behind while Fate was fighting Signum? Please, you're now comparing a SSS (more S's are probably in need) mage who sent Fate into a dream world that was beyond her control, as a loss? Right, that makes perfect sense, because she couldn't have done that to anyone, right?.
Hey, lets just go all out and say Fate was warfed from season 1, too. I mean, Precia kicked her butt quite often.

By your logic, Nanoha got her butt kicked by Shamal!

As for StrikerS, right -- Jail was talking to her and that was precisely the problem. Once Caro and Erio gave her some confidence, it was beatdown time.
Old 2010-11-29, 15:22   Link #26367
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Back on Topic:

the second is probably a repost xD
The second post desperately needs a translation. Is that an "it's over 9000" parody?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
I've seen this conversation a few times and i was gone for a few months x_x; where's the pics?
These are most likely a repost, but this thread needs something refreshing(and image related )
Old 2010-11-29, 15:27   Link #26368
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Nanoha got her butt kicked by Vita before upgrade, Fate landed a hit on Signum before getting her butt kicked by Signum who is far stronger than Vita. Catgirls? You mean those cheaters that steal linker cores from behind while Fate was fighting Signum? Please, you're now comparing a SSS (more S's are probably in need) mage who sent Fate into a dream world that was beyond her control, as a loss? Right, that makes perfect sense, because she couldn't have done that to anyone, right?.

By your logic, Nanoha got her butt kicked by Shamal!

As for StrikerS, right -- Jail was talking to her and that was precisely the problem. Once Caro and Erio gave her some confidence, it was beatdown time.
And now you're just trying to ignore that that stuff happened.

And, no nanoha did NOT get her butt kicked by Shamal, they never fought. And, okay, I'll withdraw the one loss to the catgirls for Fate (the desert), but not the other one when they beat the whole group in a matter of seconds.

Fate fought against Reinforce and was defeated, whether by beaten down or by absorbing her, Fate was beaten by Reinforce.

And Fate may have landed that blow, but it was flat out stated that it was a lucky shot. Signum tanked all of Fate's attacks except that one that got through. Even after the upgrades, Fate could NOT beat Signum without giving up any defense and going Sonic Form, though we never got to see it.

Old 2010-11-29, 15:30   Link #26369
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Nanoha got her butt kicked by Vita befoere upgrade, Fate landed a hit on Signum before getting her butt kicked by Signum who is far stronger than Vita.
I think that's debatable, i thin that Vita is, in fact, the strongest member of the Worfenritter in terms of pure physical power(wich is confirmed with the much less magical but equally big War Hammer wich surely require a good stenght to carry on) and Signum being more like a more balanced combination of Strenght and Dexterity.

Quote:
I'm agree with you here, she was fighting Two of the strongest numbers at the same time, while handicapped by the AMF field AND restraining herself a bit(as she shows when reles the Shin Sonic Form, Word of God says that she was trying to keep some energy to go on Nanoha's help afterwards). Then Jail Hannibal Lectures her but after she recovers her confidense Fate went Baby Ruth and HOME RUN'D Scaglietty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
The second post desperately needs a translation. Is that an "it's over 9000" parody?[/IMG][/URL]
Yup, a Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's parody to be exact the dialoge goes like this:

Hayate: Rein, tune to Vita! ...(starts her synchro chant) "The clustering stars... call forth a new power ... Light, become a path!!" ....Synchro Summon!!! UNISON VITA!

Vita: *sigh* -_-

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 15:36   Link #26370
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
And now you're just trying to ignore that that stuff happened.
beat the whole group in a matter of seconds.
Unless you plan on saying the whole group was worfed, you may as well withdraw this comment too.

Quote:
Fate fought against Reinforce and was defeated, whether by beaten down or by absorbing her, Fate was beaten by Reinforce.
That is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard, and I'm being completely serious here. Fate wasn't hurt at all for one, and secondly, her escaping from the book did infact help against Reinforce. Reinforce is worlds stronger than anyone in the Nanoha series. She can not be beaten in a real fight, and it's silly to think of Reinforce as a loss. She was a nice device to show off Nanoha's fancy moves, but it's not like Nanoha ever did any damage to her.

Quote:
And Fate may have landed that blow, but it was flat out stated that it was a lucky shot. Signum tanked all of Fate's attacks except that one that got through. Even after the upgrades, Fate could NOT beat Signum without giving up any defense and going Sonic Form, though we never got to see it.
It was a shot landed, that Signum didn't avoid. Good enough for me. And after the upgrade Fate was still able to do well vs. Signum. It certainly wasn't a loss, and she was fighting the strongest of the wolkies, by a reasonably large margi.

@Akiyoshi: Yeah, Vita is brute strength, but A's and StrikerS makes it pretty clear who'se the better wolky. I think Vita may of been beatable without the upgrade and she can hardly use the excuse of holding back like Signum, considering how she went about her fights...
Old 2010-11-29, 15:38   Link #26371
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
Ah, but that's the apple of discord: those you refer to as "haters" don't see her victory as legitimate. That was kinda the whole point of that argument.
Yeah, people claim that using the Eclipse was 'cheating' and thus invalidates the loss. But the Eclipse is a part of Cypha's skill set. It's a power she has that's a part of her and she can use as she wishes. So what if she was the only one who had it? That makes it unfair?

Flip it around. Signum had Agito and we all know unisoning gives you a huge advantage so this should count as cheating too. If Signum was the one who had won, would people go "She only won because she unisoned!"

Anyways, I reiterate that one loss does not make a Worf. If it did, that trope page would need a list of every single time any person lost a fight in any work.

No character in Nanoha has reached Krillin levels yet, so until then everyone needs to chill out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
NOOOO!!! That song is CURSED!!(it didn't save Lamia from ...well, you should know this already T-T).
Heck you talkin' about? Lamia is just fine.

Well, I like this song better anyways

Old 2010-11-29, 15:42   Link #26372
Justin_Brett

[/QUOTE]

HNNNNNNNNNNNNGH.

Saved like the wind.

And I'd point out that being in Unison doesn't prevent you from being hurt in any way, and indeed prevent your opponent from fighting back at all while you murder them.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 15:42   Link #26373
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Unless you plan on saying the whole group was worfed, you may as well withdraw this comment too.

That is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard, and I'm being completely serious here. Fate wasn't hurt at all for one, and secondly, her escaping from the book did infact help against Reinforce. Reinforce is worlds stronger than anyone in the Nanoha series. She can not be beaten in a real fight, and it's silly to think of Reinforce as a loss. She was a nice device to show off Nanoha's fancy moves, but it's not like Nanoha ever did any damage to her.

It was a shot landed, that Signum didn't avoid. Good enough for me. And after the upgrade Fate was still able to do well vs. Signum. It certainly wasn't a loss, and she was fighting the strongest of the wolkies, buy a reasonably large margi.

@Akiyoshi: Yeah, Vita is brute force, but A's and StrikerS makes it pretty clear who'se the better wolky.
Whole group was worfed?

No. No they weren't.

But they were defeated.

Signum is S-, Vita is AAA+, not exactly a large margin, Demi. And Fate's NEVER beaten Signum, ever. Sound Stages has Fate admitting that she lost EVERY rematch the two ever had. So, yes, Fate lost to Signum, regardless of what you like to think.

Worfing is when a character who's supposedly tough and strong enough to keep up with the main character keeps losing fight after fight. Fate and Vita both beat Nanoha when they first fought her, and since then, they lost many of the fights they got into.

And, also...

Quote:
Reinforce is worlds stronger than anyone in the Nanoha series. She can not be beaten in a real fight
Doesn't that mean, by your own words, that Fate lost?

A loss is a loss, regardless of how said loss happened.

Edit: Okay, I'm done in this thread, we should move this to the manga thread, Demi. Or PM. Whatever you want.

Old 2010-11-29, 15:47   Link #26374
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Isn't there a more appropriate thread this can be discussed in, guys?
Old 2010-11-29, 15:49   Link #26375
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Awww. :3 That's something in the style of the movie (which I only watched today), since the girls get teary-eyed much readier there than in the original series...
Old 2010-11-29, 16:41   Link #26376
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Gah no more manga discussions here! Do I have to get angry? x_X The poor dead horse, seriously. Same discussions, same debates, same arguments and same complaints, and many of the same participants. Its all been said! Do a forum search, please. Repeat images are one thing, but dang.

Think I missed ther halloween threads hehe.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.

Last edited by itanshi1; 2010-11-29 at 17:01.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 17:21   Link #26377
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
No character in Nanoha has reached Krillin levels yet, so until then everyone needs to chill out.

Heck you talkin' about? Lamia is just fine.

Well, I like this song better anyways

I think that image might just become my new wallpaper.
When someone reaches Krillin levels we know it's over then.
Dammit I still haven't watched the movie, I need to get around to doing that.. soon.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 18:21   Link #26378
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

@Akiyoshi: Yeah, Vita is brute strength, but A's and StrikerS makes it pretty clear who'se the better wolky. I think Vita may of been beatable without the upgrade and she can hardly use the excuse of holding back like Signum, considering how she went about her fights...
Actually, speaking of Strikers, Word of Signum is that they're close enough in strength (along with Nanoha and Fate) that in any fight, any one of them can win.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 18:27   Link #26379
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

Spoiler for You will never receive footjobs from...:

sadfrog.jpg
Old 2010-11-29, 19:18   Link #26380
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
New One:
Spoiler for NSFW: