AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2010-06-04, 14:05   Link #101
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Maybe you could try Tajima from Ookiku Furikabutte? His character there is generally goofy and carefree, but he and the VA can enter serious mode when the situation needs it.
Pretty much sounds like his role of Ayato from RahXephon, or even better Yoshii in Baka Test. Sure they were mostly seriously stupid moments, though that goes well with Keima.

& just going by Itou Kanae's role as Amu from Shugo Chara, she's perfect.
Old 2010-06-04, 14:26   Link #102
ImAKami
Paragon of Ero

They've done an awesome job on the male's school uniform right, especially the cravat, and Elsee's costume. I can't wait till the female's seifuku. Keima's looking sharp and charismatic, though his ear can use an improvement, and Elsee looks...somewhat more goofy and less reliable than her manga counterpart. Hope they fine-tune their features above the neck a bit further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiza Sunozaki View Post
Can't say I can imagine Akihisa's high-pitched voice working for Keima. The VA's going to have to drop his balls an octave or two for me to see him as a good Keima.
Shimono did Hiro Hirono's voice (Ef: A Tale of Memories.), so he's definitely capable.

As for Elsee... All will be fine since she did Amu and Saten-san.

Last edited by ImAKami; 2010-06-04 at 15:58.
ImAKami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 14:50   Link #103
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Elsee I'm a little more worried about. I loved Saten on To Aru, and she's got an absolutely lovely voice, but she strikes me as a bit too...level-headed for Elsee... But I haven't seen any of her other roles.
I've got similar sentiments but I dunno... maybe it's just because the last thing I watched with Itou Kanae in it was Railgun. I did see Taishou Yakyuu Musume and Sora no Manimani last summer but recent memory is far more powerful, so I can't well recall how she sounded.

She did do a great job as the hyper and childish Mihoshi and I think her voice in TYM was higher-pitched... I don't really remember though. Haven't seen Shugo Chara either. But... well, she could probably pull it off.

Maybe it's because I watched Mahoromatic recently but for some reason I was thinking Kawasumi Ayako for Elsea.
Old 2010-06-04, 17:04   Link #104
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Kanae Itou as LC lol Elsee seems very fitting especially after listing to her play Koume in Taishou Yakyuu Musume.
Yeah I thought of that role when I saw she was casted, I don't know why everyone's thinking she'll sound like Saten when she has different sounding voices for characters she has been casted as...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
This. Shimono mostly voices immature types, but then again I haven't seen ef in ages.

My problem is that his voice is generally too generic in ALL his roles. Anyone would be a better choice than Shimono. Anyone.
You know he debut'd as Ayato Kamina in RahXephon and has done plenty of other serious roles? He can do this fine, get over it, it's not that hard a role to do and theirs' probably 50+ male seiyuu who can do this easily, Hiro included. It's just Miyano or FukuJun would've been perfect and provided some "lol it light/lelouche" jokes to go along with it.

C'mon admit it, that's the real reason you're pissed
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 17:18   Link #105
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
...I don't know why everyone's thinking she'll sound like Saten when she has different sounding voices for characters she has been casted as...
Every voice actress doesn't use the same sounding voice every time, or consecutively even. I think the reason why other people are thinking that way is because some have seen Railgun recently and that basically is the first thing that comes to their mind.

I on the other hand have recently started to get back into anime, so I'm not going to worry about how they sound but rather enjoy being able to actually hear them again
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 18:18   Link #106
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well for me this is one time where I will actually say that the anime needs to do the manga justice.
A top VA line up will do alot for the series and well so far this looks pretty good, will have to wait and see how Hiro Shimono will be like for Keima but I'm happy with Kanae Itou as Elsee.

hope we get the rest of the cast soon!
Old 2010-06-04, 18:25   Link #107
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
C'mon admit it, that's the real reason you're pissed
I associate Shimono with really bad characters, is why.

Regardless, yeah, after thinking it over, I'm okay with this. Maybe it'll be more of a breakout role for him.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 20:27   Link #108
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
I don't know why everyone's thinking she'll sound like Saten when she has different sounding voices for characters she has been casted as...
I'm not really thinking she will sound like Saten-san, but when I see Kanae Itou's name, I remember Saten-san first.
I loved Taishou Yakyuu Musume, but 86% of the time, I don't even remember she voiced Koume.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 23:32   Link #109
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAKami View Post
They've done an awesome job on the male's school uniform right, especially the cravat, and Elsee's costume. I can't wait till the female's seifuku. Keima's looking sharp and charismatic, though his ear can use an improvement, and Elsee looks...somewhat more goofy and less reliable than her manga counterpart. Hope they fine-tune their features above the neck a bit further.
I feel exactly the opposite. I like both the designs, but I feel Elsee has been captured (no pun intended) absolutely perfectly, while Keima looks a bit too bishounen. Elsee is supposed to appear (and to a lesser degree be) somewhat goofy and unreliable. While Keima should have a dour, detached, apathetic expression (or his somewhat disturbing "game face") at all times unless he's confused, is intentionally looking "sharp and charismatic" (at which point the above design is as perfect as Elsee's), or is chibi.

And yeah, the ear is weird...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
I've got similar sentiments but I dunno... maybe it's just because the last thing I watched with Itou Kanae in it was Railgun. I did see Taishou Yakyuu Musume and Sora no Manimani last summer but recent memory is far more powerful, so I can't well recall how she sounded.

She did do a great job as the hyper and childish Mihoshi and I think her voice in TYM was higher-pitched... I don't really remember though. Haven't seen Shugo Chara either. But... well, she could probably pull it off.

Maybe it's because I watched Mahoromatic recently but for some reason I was thinking Kawasumi Ayako for Elsea.
Well, considering I was envisioning a slightly less "Kafuka-esque" Ai Nonaka, Saten-san is a bit different from what I expected. Still, as I've said, she has an absolutely beautiful voice (seriously, Yui Horie or Megumi Hayashibara-level), and not a small level of skill, so if she can cant it up an octave or so and channel a bit of her fellow Railgun "second-rater" Uiharu for personality, she'll be great. This could be a huge role for her.

Quote:
I associate Shimono with really bad characters, is why.

Regardless, yeah, after thinking it over, I'm okay with this. Maybe it'll be more of a breakout role for him.
As some have suggested, maybe this will be his "Lelouche"? This adaptation could be huge for both leads.

I've managed to snag a little of Kannagi recently (the "It's a Sony" scene) an I'd say he's certainly got the base for a good Keima. Just inject an apathetic monotone (except for during the capture, SRSpotatochipBSNS, and tantrum scenes) and it should be about the right tone. And kid Keima, should we get to the Tenri Arc, should be just about perfect. One thing for certain is that he should be able to have a lot of fun performing this role, since he's more or less playing four characters. There's Normal (Otamega) Keima, with the apathetic monotone, Bishounen Keima, with the stereotypically warm voice of a Shoujo hero, Capturing God Keima, half Buddha and half Yagami Light, and Chibi (Tantrum) Keima, where he just cuts loose without abandon (and is why I didn't want Arararagi-sensei for the role).

Hey, at least it's not a chick doing his voice. ^_^

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2010-06-04 at 23:51.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 03:42   Link #110
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Well, considering I was envisioning a slightly less "Kafuka-esque" Ai Nonaka, Saten-san is a bit different from what I expected. Still, as I've said, she has an absolutely beautiful voice (seriously, Yui Horie or Megumi Hayashibara-level), and not a small level of skill, so if she can cant it up an octave or so and channel a bit of her fellow Railgun "second-rater" Uiharu for personality, she'll be great. This could be a huge role for her.
Given this, I think she'll be perfect for the role.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 03:50   Link #111
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
This pretty much sums up why i think she'll be great for the role. Along side most of Shugo Chara, though a lot of people didn't watch that show.
Old 2010-06-05, 04:14   Link #112
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Its funny how people could easily accept Hiro Shimono as Keima but not Ito Kanae as Elsee...to me, i imagined LC's voice as sweet, innocent, and pampering, with conversing style similar like Hina Ichigo (maybe that one is too sweet, i couldn't remember other characters that have similar style like Elsee...)..and there are many female CVs out there that just fit Elsee's roles well, so Elsee shouldn't be a problem here.

Now i'm all into the issue of who is going to be CV for Hakua, coz she is my favorite female in this series. Hopefully she gets one that just fit her type well.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 04:21   Link #113
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Its funny how people could easily accept Hiro Shimono as Keima
Eh, not a lot of people did at first.
Old 2010-06-05, 09:37   Link #114
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Considering how much the character iin that little bit reminds me of Kafuka from SZS, of course I'm going to agree with you. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Its funny how people could easily accept Hiro Shimono as Keima but not Ito Kanae as Elsee...
I think it's that people are less familiar with him in general than with Ito Kanae, considering the massive popularity of Railgun and thus Saten. Since we don't readily have someone strongly different from Keima to compare him to (unlike as with Saten and Elsee) we're more willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Or at least that's my personal reasoning.
Old 2010-06-05, 23:19   Link #115
Raiza Sunozaki

Quote:
Brilliant. I've got no complaints for her doing Elsee's voice anymore. Some parts of the song, where she dropped a bit low, reminded me of Saten-san a bit too much, but if she can keep that eager voice she had while singing for the role, she'll do a great job.
Now I want to hear her do a song about firetrucks.
I'll still not sold on Akihisa doing Keima though. That's going to be a "hear to believe" for me.
Raiza Sunozaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 21:36   Link #116
Azuma Denton
~AD~

How many episodes do they plan on TWGOK??
26??

And what format kind of format will they use?
1 girl per 2 episode??
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 01:25   Link #117
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
How many episodes do they plan on TWGOK??
26??

And what format kind of format will they use?
1 girl per 2 episode??
AFAIK, it hasn't been announced yet. Speculation is that with Manglobe as the animator, it's likely to be ~26 episodes, but the way KamiNomi is set up, with strings of standalone miniarcs and an overarc miniarc every now and again, it would be easy to fit into ~13 or ~26 episodes, with a little shuffling to end with an overarc miniarc to finish the season and leave it open for another one. If it's ~26 episodes, it would be ideal to end with the Tenri Arc, if they can get there.

As for a girls/episode ratio, that's gonna vary. For Ayumi, even though it also includes introductions for most of the regulars, they could still probably squeeze it into one episode. Most of the rest would be two, with some longer. I'm more intereseted in how they'll handle some of the "filler" miniarcs, the usually Elsee-centric ones where he's not capturing a target, that are rarely more than a chapter in length. Most of them could be done in 15 minutes each. Maybe they'll have a FMP-like setup where the "filler" miniarcs are two to an episode (like Fumoffu) while the capture arcs are however many it takes (like TSR).
Old 2010-06-09, 08:25   Link #118
Raiza Sunozaki

Quote:
AFAIK, it hasn't been announced yet. Speculation is that with Manglobe as the animator, it's likely to be ~26 episodes, but the way KamiNomi is set up, with strings of standalone miniarcs and an overarc miniarc every now and again, it would be easy to fit into ~13 or ~26 episodes, with a little shuffling to end with an overarc miniarc to finish the season and leave it open for another one. If it's ~26 episodes, it would be ideal to end with the Tenri Arc, if they can get there.

As for a girls/episode ratio, that's gonna vary. For Ayumi, even though it also includes introductions for most of the regulars, they could still probably squeeze it into one episode. Most of the rest would be two, with some longer. I'm more intereseted in how they'll handle some of the "filler" miniarcs, the usually Elsee-centric ones where he's not capturing a target, that are rarely more than a chapter in length. Most of them could be done in 15 minutes each. Maybe they'll have a FMP-like setup where the "filler" miniarcs are two to an episode (like Fumoffu) while the capture arcs are however many it takes (like TSR).
Even with a double-length season, we'd still only be able to get in fifty-two chapters (assuming two chapters per episode). That makes it fall a couple episodes shy of the Tenri arc, so to fit it in, they'd have to cut out a heroine or two, or maybe drop some of the between-arc goofing around.
Raiza Sunozaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 14:15   Link #119
ellifeedn
Thinker

If it's 13 episodes, I would guess it would go up to the Chihiro arc (it would be a good way to end a season). If it's 24-26 episodes, then it would go up to the Tenri arc. Never underestimate the pacing an anime has.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 15:47   Link #120
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiza Sunozaki View Post
Even with a double-length season, we'd still only be able to get in fifty-two chapters (assuming two chapters per episode). That makes it fall a couple episodes shy of the Tenri arc, so to fit it in, they'd have to cut out a heroine or two, or maybe drop some of the between-arc goofing around.
And that's why the miniarc setup of Kaminomi is so good. It's perfectly fine to skip a girl or two before the Tenri Arc, because only a few of them (arguably just Chihiro, Ayumi, Kanon, and Hakua) have to be done before then. They can always be done later, in a sequel, with no real change to the plot, just to the order of when girls were captured.

Although I do think, now that I look at some of the chapters, that even with some reshuffling, the Tenri Arc might be questionable in ~26 episodes. You don't want to go overboard with the shuffling, and neither do you want to skip the Elsee filler chapters or rush the capture arcs. 3 cours (~39 episodes) might be more ideal...

Ah well, according to this week's Shounen Sunday, the first official anime PV will be released next weekend (19th-20th). We should be able to figure out more then, if not before.

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen