AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-01-17, 02:45   Link #761
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Ah, yes. With the high quality those scanlations are, it's no wonder they take a while to clean them, especially if the raws are low quality.
Old 2014-01-17, 07:41   Link #762
Anjou

No, our raws are VERY high quality. Once you've spent hours developing a good cleaning action, it's just batch running it. Actually, it's more likely that you haven't even developed it yourself.

Easy.

We always get the magazine very quickly once it's published. We also get it scanned and cleaned very fast. It's just that our translator did not produce a script until Christmas, which by then we all were busy with the festivities. Took a few additional weeks to get back on track.
Anjou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 21:25   Link #763
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
That's good to know. I did try my hand at scanlation once back around 2008/9 there abouts, and with a short, full color omake chapter of rosario+vampire.

It took me weeks to do it, because the only thing I had "cleaned" before was an image for a poster I had printed some years prior. Even that took me several weeks. But an actual group had gotten the original raws (that I provided originally) and did a better job in all areas (translation, cleaning, typesetting, etc.). I just shrugged and asked them if they could handle the other chapter (ch. 00) I had provided the raws for that had been floating around for some time. They've offered me the opportunity to scanlate the entirety of the source book those were from as well, but I haven't gotten the time to put it to the flatbed yet, but someday I will.

I'm happy there are so many individuals that put in their hard earned free time into such things and make it look easy. Here's to you, my friend.
Old 2014-01-18, 00:36   Link #764
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
That's good to know. I did try my hand at scanlation once back around 2008/9 there abouts, and with a short, full color omake chapter of rosario+vampire.

It took me weeks to do it, because the only thing I had "cleaned" before was an image for a poster I had printed some years prior. Even that took me several weeks. But an actual group had gotten the original raws (that I provided originally) and did a better job in all areas (translation, cleaning, typesetting, etc.). I just shrugged and asked them if they could handle the other chapter (ch. 00) I had provided the raws for that had been floating around for some time. They've offered me the opportunity to scanlate the entirety of the source book those were from as well, but I haven't gotten the time to put it to the flatbed yet, but someday I will.

I'm happy there are so many individuals that put in their hard earned free time into such things and make it look easy. Here's to you, my friend.
Could you tell me what exactly is involved in cleaning? I've heard the term several times but never actually understood it.
Old 2014-01-18, 03:09   Link #765
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Could you tell me what exactly is involved in cleaning? I've heard the term several times but never actually understood it.
Removal of text a heightening the quality of the pictures
Old 2014-01-19, 01:08   Link #766
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Removal of text a heightening the quality of the pictures
That's what I thought. Thanks.
Old 2014-01-24, 05:56   Link #767
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Chara-ani Plans May "MAOYU" Demon King Figure Release

Such useless meat!
Old 2014-01-24, 06:22   Link #768
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
much "plot"!!
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-18, 10:27   Link #769
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for c29:
Old 2014-02-18, 14:58   Link #770
Pesti13nce

Freaking blue demon... hope this get to regular releases
Pesti13nce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-18, 15:29   Link #771
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Behold the power of the plot .
So this is the end of vol 8 ?
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-18, 17:38   Link #772
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Heh, I must give props to Yuusha. I wouldn't be able to hold it in when that smug blue b****** all but demanded that 'Black Knight's loyalty now switch to him since he's the 'Demon Lord' now. Can he die? Please let him die...painfully. I'm sure Female Knight will have some 'choice words' for him if she got the chance.
Old 2014-02-18, 21:08   Link #773
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

I really thought Hero will kill the Prince of Blue Demon when he was holding the sword
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 00:48   Link #774
Pesti13nce

Cant do that cause im sure they are aware the queen is alive and would probably blow their cover. Besides its just a circle if hero kills new demon king then a new one will just rise up.
Old 2014-02-19, 02:10   Link #775
Kirihara_R

Spoiler for ...:
Kirihara_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 03:09   Link #776
Pesti13nce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirihara_R View Post
Spoiler for ...:

What are you taking this from? Hes still a demon king canidate so as expected he would be boss.. hero level? Who knows, but still a boss no less.
Old 2014-02-19, 03:13   Link #777
Breimoon

look at raw and you will understand.
Spoiler for next 1-2 ch:
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 08:30   Link #778
Kirihara_R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesti13nce View Post
What are you taking this from? Hes still a demon king canidate so as expected he would be boss.. hero level? Who knows, but still a boss no less.
Spoiler for Blue Demon King:
Kirihara_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 13:15   Link #779
nosaer

Even if this demon king wannabe does have power comparable to a demon king, what does that matter to Dark Knight? He did kind of take on a powerful past demon king spirit and win pretty easily at that. If you looked up OP in the dictionary, you would see a picture of Hero. I doubt that there's an existence in the entirety of the Maou world that can best him.
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 15:52   Link #780
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
Even if this demon king wannabe does have power comparable to a demon king, what does that matter to Dark Knight? He did kind of take on a powerful past demon king spirit and win pretty easily at that. If you looked up OP in the dictionary, you would see a picture of Hero. I doubt that there's an existence in the entirety of the Maou world that can best him.
Which would raise the question as to who
Spoiler for spoiler:

Tags
adventure, economics, fantasy, romance, threesome