AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-03-07, 02:34   Link #121
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It really is amazing what they're covering in such a short format... kind of reminds me of the "short story competitions" authors sometimes collaborate on to hone their skills.

I sense trouble ahead with the big guy... he doesn't *seem* particularly abusive towards Matsumaru but I am getting a serious sense that the guy is using Matsumaru as a stepping stone in the company rather than having much talent of his own. He's moving on Aka in a lumbering sort of way (Aka-chan, eh? How forward).

Once again, we appear to be given a lead male in the form of Matsumaru who is actually a decent guy who has thoughts about Aka but wants it to be the *right way* after that initial "too much sharing in a weak moment". Aka seems to be settling in comfortably without really realizing it. Oye I hope this ends well .... too many of the animes last year were blindsiders and now I'm all skitterish. It has such a happy OP/ED though....

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-03-07 at 03:08.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 02:51   Link #122
NeoSam

If anyone here likes REC manga, you might also like Momoiro Sango (a seinen manga by the mangaka of REC)

The first chapter has been scanlated by Solaris-SVU group: Manganews.
Old 2006-03-07, 08:44   Link #123
Seiryuu

Only seen to ep. 4, but I've just got to say thank God it was possible to reach a point where I don't find Matsumaru to be in the wrong. Up till now, he's been putting the moves on her, so her resistance is understandable. Now I can actually look at him with some pity. Not only is he getting beaten because SHE opens the door half-naked, exposing herself, but he's not even allowed to use the restroom. As he said, when living with a girl, if you can't use the restroom after her, when CAN you use it?
Also, this is the first time since ep 1 when I saw Red look at matsumaru with genuine affection, complete with the watery eyes. There's hope for him yet, if he lets her make the moves. If he tries to do anything himself, though, it will mean another bill for wall repair and replaced teeth.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 20:20   Link #124
Furudanuki

There was something in episode #4 that really puzzled me. They were well into the second day of their public product display, and the group has been essentially ignored. Then the little girl came up Matsumaru while he was in the costume and wanted to try some of the chips, but he seemed flustered and told her that they were not giving them away for free. What in the world was happening here? I can't imagine a product marketing campaign like that without free samples in the first place. And for Matsumaru, the person who designed the marketing campaign, to tell the first person to show interest - especially a little girl - that she had to buy a bag of Ha! if she wanted to try some? I simply don't get it at all. Was this done to show that he is a first-timer and still awkward? Is there some health, vending or other regulation in Japan that would explain this?
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 22:01   Link #125
eggplant
Eggplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki
There was something in episode #4 that really puzzled me. They were well into the second day of their public product display, and the group has been essentially ignored. Then the little girl came up Matsumaru while he was in the costume and wanted to try some of the chips, but he seemed flustered and told her that they were not giving them away for free. What in the world was happening here? I can't imagine a product marketing campaign like that without free samples in the first place. And for Matsumaru, the person who designed the marketing campaign, to tell the first person to show interest - especially a little girl - that she had to buy a bag of Ha! if she wanted to try some? I simply don't get it at all. Was this done to show that he is a first-timer and still awkward? Is there some health, vending or other regulation in Japan that would explain this?
Haha, it simply proves that many mangaka or scriptwriters have little or no experience working for companies in the real world.

When I worked for an advertising agency, I was involved in many corporate campaign events, and although there were cases in which the products being solicited were for sale, I do not remember a time when consumer products, especially foodstuffs, were not available either as a taste sample, or as a complimentary give away.

For the confectionery industry in particular, companies would normally provide small packet trial samples, therefore the marketing strategy for "Ha" surely is questionable. Although Matsumaru may have been newly deployed to the product planning divison, I think it's his sixth year in the company, so he should know the basics.

I would certainly be disappointed if I couldn't get a taste of some freebies in such circumstances. Then again, as with Aka, Matsumaru's learning process is probably being portrayed here as well, not that a 9 episode 15 minute program can afford much of it.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 00:31   Link #126
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

aye.. what eggplant said... my first class in japanese was taught by a retired confectionery executive from Yokohama. Part of the hilarity of the street demo for me comes from him telling stories about his younger days of doing exactly that. Being white-collar was no protection from having to hit the street and make a fool of yourself to sell the product.

You do have to wonder about their scouting location analysis work though

The more I watch this the cuter she gets. Lord, how does he keep from going start raving mad....
Old 2006-03-08, 04:15   Link #127
Rion
Ramune~

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
If anyone here likes REC manga, you might also like Momoiro Sango (a seinen manga by the mangaka of REC)
Oh, thank you for pointing that out! I downloaded it and it looks funny so far *g* I had to laugh a bit, although I know it might turn out as a Love-Hina-ish harem manga *hrrr* Will definitely follow it ^^
Rion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 06:25   Link #128
Tiberium Wolf

Momoiro Sango == Momoiro Sabbath ??
Old 2006-03-08, 07:59   Link #129
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf
Momoiro Sango == Momoiro Sabbath ??
Momoiro Sango and Momoiro Sabbath are both seinen manga, and both of them are serialized in the seinen manga magazine Young King.

But they are not the same:

Momoiro Sango
Mangaka: HANAMIZAWA Q-Tarou

Momoiro Sabbath
Mangaka: NAKATSU Kenji
Old 2006-03-09, 19:29   Link #130
Srin Tuar
無謀

ep6
Spoiler:
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 23:31   Link #131
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

ep 6 prattle
Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-10, 05:43   Link #132
SWPIGWANG

ahhhhh i spoiled myself on the raw manga......arggggg

Spoiler:
SWPIGWANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 10:05   Link #133
Rion
Ramune~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
Spoiler:
Ugh, I thought the series would get a second and a third season (or so) O.o Can somebody maybe confirm that?
Rion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 15:31   Link #134
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Love it, but this ep did seem too short.
Spoiler for ep6:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 18:56   Link #135
PEDOS_GRANDE
MHD != HD

Damn you spoiler tags~
PEDOS_GRANDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-11, 00:02   Link #136
wao
OK.

Well, these are the names of the last 3 eps:

ep 7: War and Peace (Sensou to Heiwa)
ep 8: My Fair Lady
ep 9: Two for the Road (Itsumo Futari de)

All films Hepburn's starred in, of course...
Old 2006-03-11, 01:59   Link #137
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Just watched the raw ep 6 and it was hilarious when she was on national TV... Also, there was a good step in their developing relationship. I think when this is all over, I'll watch all of them together, to experience the effect of short anime series. It'll be interesting.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-11, 02:23   Link #138
Kanna
The Triad
*Fansubber

Anyone know if the manga's being translated yet? I have the first four volumes and it'd be nice if I could understand 100% of the dialogue in them.
Kanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-11, 07:13   Link #139
Aru
dead

Yanime is translating it. They have one chapter out.
Aru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 12:11   Link #140
NeoSam

The latest issue of the seinen manga magazine Sunday GX

Tags
romance, seinen