Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-10-16, 09:16   Link #841
Dragontrapper
Viscount of California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
That language would probably be Welsh, Germanic, or even Scottish, for all we know.
English could still spread, if we assume that Anglo-Saxon culture sill manged to influence Britiannia early in its history, instead of outright invading. You'd have this sudden rush of Anglo-saxon's coming in In the the CG verse instead of the invasion we had in this Verse. Their language would spread across Britiannia as the people did. The end result would be similar - The displacement of Celtic languages with English, though in this case it would have been more from trade then anything. Once you have english be the language of Britiannia, spreading it globally is pretty similar to RL senarios.

So, English could still be the Language of Britiannia.
Old 2009-12-12, 11:35   Link #842
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Really? I don't think so, the way they are dressed doesn't look like it. The nation is run by enuchs and all of their hair is long and straight. The Manchu(The men mainly) had their long hair braided into a very long pony tail which to me indicates that the Mongols/Manchurians never conquered China.
Manchuria probably became a province of China. Notice that during the UFN meeting, one of the representatives is dressed like a Qing official. Tianzi and her bodyguards look more Ming/Han inspired.

Quote:
For the Chinese Federation, this nation is based on the Manchu Dynasty of our timeline (Manchu Dynasty lasted from the 1680s-1911 when it collasped, which was succededed by the Republic of China, then the People's Republic of China). Of course, the differences are is that it has seized the Indian subcontinent from Britannia (assuming that it was during the Humiliation of Edinburgh, otherwise they wouldn't have the military strength to take it from them), Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Tajikstan), Indochinese Peninsula, Indonesia, Philippines, and all the Pacific Islands that Britannia didn't claim. Of course, Britannia conquered part the Indochinese Peninsula which I assume is what wouldve been French Indochina which is Area 10, Britannia then conquered the Philippines (area 12), and Cambodia (Area 13), plus Papua New Guinea (Area 14). Whether or not Britannia has also taken the Southern Pacific Islands (Area 15), the Korean peninsula (Area 16), and Indonesia (area 17) is up to debate due to the fact that in Episode 16 R2, they are shown to be under U.F.N. control (which could be a screwup on the producers' side).
Which of course was all contradicted by all the maps the show has given us. I already mentioned that they seem to have a base in Cambodia but never explained what the role of the country was. Note that they still referred to it as Cambodia and not an Area. A good explanation (read: cop-out) would be that it's just an embassy seeing that Britannia is at peace with the Chinese Federation.

tl;dr - CG world really makes no sense.
The Bloodlust Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 11:54   Link #843
Commander 598
Zeonic

Send a message via AIM to Commander 598
Just so you know: The whole Roman era founding is a lie, FYI. You could easily conclude this by looking up Caesar's historical incursion's into Britannia and discovering that the one CG says was a failure beaten back by unified Celts was historically a failure for several reason, the least of which were it's inhabitants...and it was followed up by a second invasion that was much more successful and yet Britannia was not actually "conquered" until something like the ~200s AD. More importantly, such a thing would have led to enormously vast changes throughout the two thousand odd years since then, like Napoleon never being born kind of vast.

There's also this but I don't really know where it came from:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...2253778363.jpg

As for the ATB timeline, from all appearances it's a lie (Or a very massive oversight) as well. The dates for things like the early 1900s and Napoleonic events are not 50 years off from when they historically happened. Furthermore, most of the technology displayed in the year 2017 ATB (Lets just leave R2 out of this...) is not at all unreasonable to expect in our year 2017 AD aside from the vastly superior batteries courtesy of a material that does not exist in our world.

tl;dr - All of Britannia's pre-Tudor era history is probably a lie. I think it's a pretty simple explanation and well, Occam's Razor.
Commander 598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 20:35   Link #844
saya_leviathan

I have a question. Does the two World Wars exist in the CG world? All I known is that in our world history, the US entered the war after Pearl Harbor. But since the US didn't exist in the CG world, I don't know how the Britannian empire fit into this considering and if WWII existed in Europe in the CG world.

Also, I think that the Cold War really doesn't exist in the CG world.

Man, the CG world history is a mess.
saya_leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 22:17   Link #845
Commander 598
Zeonic

Send a message via AIM to Commander 598
Well, I recall there were a couple of Pacific Wars...and there was that ~WW1 battlefield in a flashback complete with early trench crawling tanks.
Commander 598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 19:10   Link #846
Xander

I think it's more of a large unknown than anything else, since we can't really assign a specific date to any of those flashbacks and, in any event, the resulting world status quo implies that whatever happened probably only bore a superficial resemblance to actual history. Unless there's an official time line for the 1900s somewhere, which seems doubtful at this point, the required information is simply absent and thus everything is open to interpretation.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 17:11   Link #847
adriannrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyoti View Post
98 emperors so far, I wonder will we see the 100th by the time the series ends?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post
Yeah, his name will be Leulouch Brittania.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Eden View Post
And who will become 99th? Schneizel?
The irony of these statements from back in 06 or 07 astounds me.

I love the information I found in this thread, so I went and made a user for this forum. All this speculation is really interesting.
adriannrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 17:27   Link #848
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriannrod View Post
The irony of these statements from back in 06 or 07 astounds me.

I love the information I found in this thread, so I went and made a user for this forum. All this speculation is really interesting.
You should have seen the Spoilers and Speculations thread back when the show was airing.

Edit: Oh, and welcome to the forums! =)

Last edited by Meatrose; 2009-12-22 at 17:58.
Meatrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 22:39   Link #849
adriannrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
You should have seen the Spoilers and Speculations thread back when the show was airing.

Edit: Oh, and welcome to the forums! =)
Can you direct me to some of the funnier pages? I'm in need of a good laugh.

Oh, and I love how realistically they make the history diverge. No aliens or anything come in... :P
adriannrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 14:45   Link #850
ConfinesOfTheDark
Reaper's Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
I think it's more of a large unknown than anything else, since we can't really assign a specific date to any of those flashbacks and, in any event, the resulting world status quo implies that whatever happened probably only bore a superficial resemblance to actual history. Unless there's an official time line for the 1900s somewhere, which seems doubtful at this point, the required information is simply absent and thus everything is open to interpretation.
a.t.b.was established so it would be 55 years ahead of the C.E. or Current Era (for you religious fanatics, A.D.).

It's safe to assume that all the events that were similar or identical to the flashbacks have taken place at the same time as the events in our history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander 598
Well, I recall there were a couple of Pacific Wars...and there was that ~WW1 battlefield in a flashback complete with early trench crawling tanks.
WWI indeed happened in the same time-frame (1914-1918 A.D. or 1969-1973 a.t.b.). The reasons why are all speculation. First Pacific War pitted China against Britannia; China lost. Second Pacific War or the Oriental Incident was the war Between Japan and Brtiannia.
ConfinesOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 19:59   Link #851
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

The show took place in 2017-2018 a.t.b, or am I mistaken?
darkdarkdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 00:17   Link #852
ConfinesOfTheDark
Reaper's Disciple

Someone was asking if there was a way to put into terms of the use of our C.E. calendar. In short, 2017-2018 a.t.b. is 1962-1963 A.D. should we use our calendar.
ConfinesOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote