AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-04-09, 20:36   Link #41
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
...that was my point.

I have a feeling that C.C. had to reveal a lot to Kallen over the one year time, since its was pretty much just the two of them. So if they develop it correctly, I don't see it as impossible for her to come to know Lelouch better than anyone (on equal with C.C.) and be able to empathize with him.
What gives you that idea? I'm not saying it's impossible or anything, just curious. That does seem like a cheap sudden way to develop her into someone that can understand Lelouch just as much as other characters though.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 20:38   Link #42
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
What gives you that idea? I'm not saying it's impossible or anything, just curious. That does seem like a cheap sudden way to develop her into someone that can understand Lelouch just as much as other characters though.
Don't ever question girl talk as a plot device Dann.

I am interested to see how Kallen gets along with CC after a year together trying to kidnap Lelouch, that one sound episode with them was an absolute riot.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 20:39   Link #43
Var
Banned

Quote:
It's actually not all that cheap or farfetched. After the Rebellion ends there are only three figure heads left in the order. C.C., Kallen, and Urabe. Since Urabe was shown as more a mad lunatic focused only on the rebirth of Japan, that leaves only Kallen and C.C. to have held everything together. There's also the point that Kallen knows now that there's more to everything than meets the eye and that C.C. knows more than everyone else. It's not unlikely for her to have asked, to have had those blanks filled in.

I also don't see it as unimaginable that the one who found C.C. was Kallen. Without the Gawain, C.C. is stuck on that island. I'm also pretty sure Kallen was also stuck on that Island following whatever may have happened.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 20:46   Link #44
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I guess the year does give them the excuse to have Kallen suddenly understand Lelouch on the same level as C.C. since it saves them the trouble of having to develop that through other episodes when there wouldn't be enough time. Clever really.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-04-09, 21:15   Link #45
Var
Banned

Quote:
I guess the year does give them the excuse to have Kallen suddenly understand Lelouch on the same level as C.C. since it saves them the trouble of having to develop that through other episodes when there wouldn't be enough time. Clever really.
If it did happen it will get referenced at the very least.
Old 2008-04-09, 21:16   Link #46
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I suppose it would. C.C. or Kallen would probably mention it in passing and Lelouch might react in a funny way.

Old 2008-04-09, 21:26   Link #47
noodlemeister
Nina must Die

As for the reason she is following Zero again:

Kallen isn't dumb and she'd understand Lelouch's main goal of destroying Brittania. Her true reason for fighting is her own hatred for Britannia, who treated her mother like trash and even made kallen, herself, to dismiss her own mother and turn her into a hopeless junky. Liberating Japan is just another result, and not a bad one at that.
noodlemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 21:27   Link #48
Aquaman OS

Kallen: It's funny how you don't act royal at all.
Lelouch: What the....HOW MUCH DID YOU FREAKING TELL HER!
C.C.: Oh I told her almost everything. We became VERY good friends while you were gone, didn't we Kallen?
Lelouch:
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 21:29   Link #49
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlemeister View Post

Kallen isn't dumb and she'd understand Lelouch's main goal of destroying Brittania. Her true reason for fighting is her own hatred for Britannia, who treated her mother like trash and even made kallen, herself, to dismiss her own mother and turn her into a hopeless junky. Liberating Japan is just another result, and not a bad one at that.
you should watch episodes 9 and 19 again.

Her motivation isn't hatred of Britannia (though she does hate it), it's to make the world a better place for her mother and give meaning to her brother Naoto's death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
C.C.: Oh I told her almost everything. We became VERY good friends while you were gone, didn't we Kallen?
Lelouch:

CC: By the way Lelouch...
Zero: what is it?
Kallen: EEEH?! Lelouch?! (no way)

Lelouch: AAH! (<-regular voice)
Crap! And the geass won't even work on her anymore
CC: Alright...then how about I show her some shock images
Kallen: What? What's that?!

Lelouch: That's no good!!
Kallen is our important ace pilot!!
*touch*

C.C.: This is why...I told you not to touch me, didn't I!!
Lelouch: cra...*screaming*
C.C.: don't enter meeee!
Kallen: whoa...could it be that I've unintentionally involved myself with some weird people!?
Old 2008-04-09, 21:30   Link #50
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
you should watch episodes 9 and 19 again.

Her motivation isn't hatred of Britannia (though she does hate it), it's to make the world a better place for her mother and give meaning to her brother Naoto's death.
Which is why people do not find it uniaginable for her to come to a better understanding of Lelouch.
Old 2008-04-09, 21:30   Link #51
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlemeister View Post

That is probably the reason above all. She just needed time to calm down and have some things explained to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Lelouch:
It could be something like that I suppose and I would love it just to see Lelouch's reaction.

Old 2008-04-09, 21:34   Link #52
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Which is why people do not find it uniaginable for her to come to a better understanding of Lelouch.
no no, see Lelouch's motivation is to make the world a better place for his sister Nunnally and find the meaning of his mother's death.

big difference.
Old 2008-04-09, 21:37   Link #53
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
no no, see Lelouch's motivation is to make the world a better place for his sister Nunnally and find the meaning of his mother's death.

big difference.
Wahhhh?

Lelouch's number one priority is to make the world a better place for his sister. Same as Kallen for her mother. From there, they both want to destroy Britannia out of revenge (and for Lelouch in a search for the truth as well).
Old 2008-04-09, 21:41   Link #54
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Yeah, I'd have to agree with Var here. Lelouch goals seem somewhat more grand, but the basic idea is close enough.

Old 2008-04-09, 21:48   Link #55
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Yeah, I'd have to agree with Var here. Lelouch goals seem somewhat more grand, but the basic idea is close enough.
I was actually just being silly/stupid. I agree, they're the exact same thing.
Old 2008-04-09, 21:49   Link #56
Vonmalvarius

During the cave incident in 25, she was following Suzaku, so she surely heard him said:
"How convinient, the power called Geass. You hide yourself in the shadow and throw the responsability at others. That's your true self!"
My question is this: Is she aware Lelouch's power?
Vonmalvarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 21:50   Link #57
noodlemeister
Nina must Die

Haha, and they both know the reason the world isn't a place they want it to be is because of Britannia. So hating Britannia and making the world a better place for their loved ones go hand in hand.
noodlemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 21:51   Link #58
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonmalvarius View Post
During the cave incident in 25, she was following Suzaku, so she surely heard him said:
"How convinient, the power called Geass. You hide yourself in the shadow and throw the responsability at others. That's your true self!"
I doubt she had any idea what they were talking about. She didn't care about anything but getting rid of Suzaku until the mask came off.

Old 2008-04-09, 21:51   Link #59
Var
Banned

Quote:
We don't know, but I assume something has been divulged to her by C.C.. Especially since she's heard all the talk about it, she'd have questions.
Old 2008-04-09, 21:52   Link #60
Aquaman OS

Quote:
She might or might not. However before the show is over she probably will be, since they've made it pretty clear she's with Lelouch for the long haul, even after Japan is freed.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote