AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2004-09-08, 20:45   Link #41
Karala

Wow, you're doing a wonderful job! Even though I've already read a text translation for it, it's always nice to read a second ^__^ *pssst* Chapter 37 isn't translated by anyone ;o;
Karala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 02:52   Link #42
nephilim
Loves Kaori

Ahaha, here's another part:

Spoiler for Death Note, Chapter 32, Page 11 to 15:

Spoiler for Death Note, Chapter 32, Page 16 to 19:

P/S: *psst* I don't have an account to access chapter 37 at the forums, and they don't allow registration at this point of time.

Last edited by nephilim; 2004-09-09 at 05:18. Reason: Correcting spelling mistakes
nephilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 10:05   Link #43
nephilim
Loves Kaori

Our out of point topic somewhere else...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
well yea Misa is hot, however I think there are some other much less scary Misa pics than the one in your current avatar for example in these images
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Okay this is the translated conversation from the scan in your second spoiler:

Spoiler for Conversation in the scan from the second spoiler:

oh ya.. i don't have access to chapter 37... haiz... I wanna read it...

Last edited by nephilim; 2004-09-10 at 23:27. Reason: Changed "Psychopath" to "Pervert" ;)
Old 2004-09-09, 10:14   Link #44
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
=Wow,the translations really look promising.I really admire your drive,to be able to compel yourself to do things like translating Manga.Esp,[DeathNote]
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 04:19   Link #45
nephilim
Loves Kaori

Aha, I'm not as honourable as you think. If nobody will appreciate what I do, then I'll probably not do it. I'm just trying to do something that's within my ability to do for the community. Anyway here's some more translation:

Spoiler for Death Note, Chapter 33, Page 1 to 5:

Last edited by nephilim; 2004-09-10 at 04:23. Reason: Added reply to Inuzuka
Old 2004-09-10, 06:05   Link #46
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephilim
Okay this is the translated conversation from the scan in your second spoiler:

Spoiler for Conversation in the scan from the second spoiler:

oh ya.. i don't have access to chapter 37... haiz... I wanna read it...
Hmm... I think the last part what Misa said is "a pervert" (or "a BIG pervert" to show the emphasis?) instead of "a psychopath" And I think in a previous side story color page thing it's confirmed that Raito is indeed spelled Light?
Spoiler:

For page 37, since the scanslation clearly states that no unauthorized transfer posting, so I'm not sure if it's okay to upload the whole thing to a public image service. Any suggestions how I may pass the images to you some other way?
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 13:16   Link #47
nephilim
Loves Kaori

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Hmm... I think the last part what Misa said is "a pervert" (or "a BIG pervert" to show the emphasis?) instead of "a psychopath" And I think in a previous side story color page thing it's confirmed that Raito is indeed spelled Light?
Spoiler:

For page 37, since the scanslation clearly states that no unauthorized transfer posting, so I'm not sure if it's okay to upload the whole thing to a public image service. Any suggestions how I may pass the images to you some other way?
Ahh I originally thought using the word "pervert", but I checked for the meaning from dictionary.com and it says that the noun form means " One who practices sexual perversion," which shouldn't mean that in that case i think...

Oh, about the names, I'm more familiar with Raito/Ryuuku than the official names. However, I'm completely fine to switch it over to their official names.

About chapter 37, I can give you my Email address to your PM.
Old 2004-09-12, 02:46   Link #48
nephilim
Loves Kaori

Weird things happened while I was translating it... First, I had translated 7 pages, then my browser had to be redirected to another page which made me lose the translation... than I tried to work on my laptop.. and I can't type spaces with the editor... so give me some more time while I recover from this shock..

*edit: Ok I've added a bit of the translation. Sorry that I was missing on Saturday coz Saturdays are my Guilty Gear XX Days, when I travel to town to play GGXX with fellow Singaporeans. I'll be focusing on the more recent, untranslated chapters first... so I'll put chapter 32 on hold.

Spoiler for Death Note, Chapter 37, 03.jpg to 10.jpg:

Spoiler for Death Note, Chapter 37, 11.jpg to 23.jpg:

Last edited by nephilim; 2004-09-12 at 03:28. Reason: Adding translation for Chapter 37
Old 2004-09-12, 15:10   Link #49
Karala

This is relly good ^__^ You should share these with the Death Note LiveJournal Community, because if you're only posting them here, I'm sure tons of other people would love to read them!

Death Note Community
Karala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 12:39   Link #50
nephilim
Loves Kaori

i'm sorry for being inactive these few days. suddenly, i've got work piled up. meanwhile i'm trying to make time to continue translations.

btw it seems that chap 39 is out in chinese.
Old 2004-09-25, 08:28   Link #51
tanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuzuka
Yeah,i totally agree with you.Takeshi Obata is easily one of the best Manga artists' ever to grace the scene.(*I mean it*)
Another one of my favourite factors about this manga is the fact that the 2 main protagonists are very unique,not your typical shonen-genre leads.The sense of realism gained from the authors unique portrail of his charcaters allows the story to be told from a unique perspective.
I personally like Raito alot,(*Or rather,how the author potrays Raito*)due to the fact that he is just a guy like us who happens to find a death note on the ground.The conflict which rose within himself after he killed his first two victims lead to a reasoning which helped Raito himself to believe that what he did was right which eventualluy led to a goal which resulted from that very reasoning in the first place(*Goal=Become the god of the new world he would create*),a conflict that we can all relate to.(*In the sense that we have experienced this sort of argument within ourselves in one form or another before*)
The best thing about [DeathNote],in my opinion,is that we can relate to the charcaters in one way or another.
The character of Raito from the beginning has seemed to lack depth. No close friends to speak of, no girlfriend, even the relationship he has with his parents and sister seemed somewhat distant and cold. Like everyone around him is little more than an acquaintance. The only thing he seemed to be emotional about was the rationalized goal he had for using the deathnote, to make the world a utopia with him being the one in control. But over time the desire to protect his ego, keep that power at any cost, and willingness to use the power against any threat seems to become his main goal and that turns him into just the kind of murdering criminal he sought to eliminate at the beginning. If Raito came to understand this, the realization would be along the lines of "We have met the enemy and he is us". If he grasps this before 'L' could prove that Raito was responsible for all the deaths's, he could forfeit the deathnote as an easy way out which would wipe his memory of the power he'd once had and how he had used it. But would he settle for quitting while he was ahead and accept a stalemate with 'L', or would he try to temporarily establish his innocence with the plan being to regain the power later to push his luck for a win?
tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 22:02   Link #52
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
raito is all innocent in the beginning, you can tell by looking at his eyes,
but later he becomes twisted.
my fav is L, hes the best, and so is misa, but she kinda is the not bright type.
but i like all the characters in there.
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 00:48   Link #53
Jenichan
私のシモベ!

Send a message via AIM to Jenichan
Wow, I just started reading this manga today, and I read all the way up to ch. 38! This is a really great manga, with great characters! I don't think I've been this obsessed with a manga for a long time. Raito/Light is definetly an awesome character as well as L. They are both really evil in a way, tho the story is taking a weird turn now.

best picture so far:
Spoiler for Raito and Misa:
Jenichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 12:21   Link #54
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenichan
best picture so far:
Spoiler for Raito and Misa:
"Shit man, I'm getting LAID!"
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 23:02   Link #55
Cheese Ninja

That's not him about to get laid. It's him
Spoiler for Raito:

Since I can't read I've got some questions.
Spoiler for Chapters 40+:
Cheese Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 23:39   Link #56
sOnJoOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese Ninja
Spoiler for Raito:

Since I can't read I've got some questions.
Spoiler for Chapters 40+:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-10-21, 02:25   Link #57
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese Ninja
Spoiler for Raito:
Dude, it's a joke--I'm further ahead than you are... >_>;;
Old 2004-10-21, 14:19   Link #58
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
Uwaaa~ I love this manga SO MUCH!! *points to avatar*
MidoriShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 20:10   Link #59
sOnJoOL

im on chapter 42~
got the korean version of D.N. today, came with a little Raito and Ryuuku card -__-;;
korean manga companies -____________-;;;;
anyways volume 4 coming out! yay!
Old 2004-10-21, 20:48   Link #60
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Volume 4 already? I've only collected up to Volume 2 in Chinese. Yah, I'm on 42, too...fun fun fun!