Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-11-21, 00:47   Link #3481
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Yes, yes. I'll be counting on the Niners to take out the Packers too. Either way, they must not be allowed to go 19-0 and/or win another Super Bowl.
No, before then. And The Niners and The Packers won't meet up in the playoffs.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 01:22   Link #3482
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
They're not on each other's regular season schedule though. The playoffs is the only place where the two teams could meet. Should standings maintain with the Packers and Niners finishing 1 and 2... that would mean NFC Champ game. And if that is how it has to be: then so be it.

Also, as a Bears fan, I have no beef on the Niners.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 01:34   Link #3483
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
They're not on each other's regular season schedule though. The playoffs is the only place where the two teams could meet. Should standings maintain with the Packers and Niners finishing 1 and 2... that would mean NFC Champ game. And if that is how it has to be: then so be it.

Also, as a Bears fan, I have no beef on the Niners.
I'm saying that another team will beat Green Bay in the regular season, and that The Packers and The Niners won't be meeting each other in the playoffs.
Old 2011-11-21, 01:36   Link #3484
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Why wouldn't we? We win our first game and the Packers win their first game (assuming we're both the number one and two seeds) then it's us two in the NFC championship.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 01:45   Link #3485
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Why wouldn't we? We win our first game and the Packers win their first game (assuming we're both the number one and two seeds) then it's us two in the NFC championship.
You're assuming that The Packers will automatically win their first game when there's a possibility that they could lose.
Old 2011-11-21, 03:02   Link #3486
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
You're assuming that The Packers will automatically win their first game when there's a possibility that they could lose.
I'm just laying out the possibility. The way you said it, it seemed as if it weren't a possibility for it to even happen. Now it's obvious you're just stating your opinion on how the events will roll out. Right?

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2011-11-21, 03:08   Link #3487
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
I'm just laying out the possibility. The way you said it, it seemed as if it weren't a possibility for it to even happen. Now it's obvious you're just stating your opinion on how the events will roll out. Right?
No, I think it's possible That The Niners and The Packers will meet in NFC championship game, I just think it's less likely than many people might think. I think there's a decent probability that a certain NFC East team could end up upsetting The Packers in the playoffs, due to the attributes of said team.

Last edited by FDW; 2011-11-21 at 22:35.
Old 2011-11-21, 06:58   Link #3488
Samari
World's Greatest

I think everyone has already marked the Patriots/Chiefs game as a win for New England. Seems no one is talking about or even looking forward to it. It's as if there isn't even a game on tonight.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2011-11-21, 17:05   Link #3489
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

How is it that the giants lost to an undermanned Eagles...LMAO.

Season still alive for Philly? Not sure how we'll catch Dallas at this point. Ugh...saying that makes me sick. It'd be the greatest irony in the world if the team from the NFC East going to the playoffs is the one the Eagles blew up in glorious fashion.
Old 2011-11-21, 17:12   Link #3490
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Eagles Defense. And dropped balls. Manning played fairly well; but there were way too many dropped passes.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 18:16   Link #3491
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Season still alive for Philly? Not sure how we'll catch Dallas at this point. Ugh...saying that makes me sick. It'd be the greatest irony in the world if the team from the NFC East going to the playoffs is the one the Eagles blew up in glorious fashion.
they could possibly get a wild card spot if they manage to get by the Patriots and go on a winning streak.

Patriots, Cardinals, Dolphins, Jets, Cowboys, Redskins are left for them to play. I can see them winning at least half those games.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 18:37   Link #3492
solomon

Quote:

Just as I thought, the Eagles are no way dead ducks. (though I doubt they sneak in with that hole of theirs) And as I thought, Big Blue ain't all that.

For the love god Philly, Beat Dallas every time you beat them.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 20:14   Link #3493
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Eagles Defense. And dropped balls. Manning played fairly well; but there were way too many dropped passes.
Heerrrrrreeesss another December slump for the Giants it's been two years now they're gonna make third times a charm.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 20:42   Link #3494
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
For the love god Philly, Beat Dallas every time you beat them.
we'll have our revenge
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 21:03   Link #3495
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Rich Rodriquez gets another head coaching job at Arizona.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...t-made-twitter

Last edited by Dilla; 2011-11-22 at 02:08.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 01:11   Link #3496
solomon

Get a good defensive coordinator and they will rule the Desert.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 02:19   Link #3497
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

It's that time of week again:

Quote:
New York (Jets) at Denver, Winner: Denver. Justification: The Jets need a win here and The Broncos don't seem to be needing them this year. However, it'll be a closer game than The Jets would like.
Shit, I meant to pick The Jets, but my mistaken pick won anyways. Go Tebow! Confuse people with your epic Tebowness!

Quote:
Jacksonville at Cleveland, Winner: Jacksonville. Justification: Meh, The Browns suck donkey dick.
Uugh…

Quote:
Carolina at Detroit, Winner: Detroit. Justification: The Lions could also win here, and The Panthers might oblige.
The Panthers obliged.

Quote:
Tampa Bay at Green Bay, Winner: Green Bay. Justification: Another win for Godgers…
This was closer than Godgers would've liked.

Quote:
Buffalo at Miami, Winner: Buffalo. Justification: The Bills need a win to delude themselves into thinking that they're still a playoff contender.
And The Deadfish say no to that.

Quote:
Oakland at Los Angeles, Winner: Oakland. Justification: The Dons could use some rebuilding around Ponder, but that won't come til next year. So for now, BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB.
Again, closer than what the winning team wanted, but who cares? BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB.

Quote:
Dallas at Washington, Winner: Dallas. Justification: The Cowboys have really improved ever since becoming Slaaneshi cultists, I guess they end up getting the neurorewiring sooner than I thought.
Oh yeah, The Cowboys are doin' good with the neurorewiring, they could go far with all the "determination".

Quote:
Cincinnati at Baltimore, Winner: Cincinnati. Justification: Well, this is the way in which The Bengals take the No.1 seed.
FUCKING BALTIMORE.

Quote:
Seattle at St. Louis, Winner: Seattle. Justification: The Seahawks are playing at their historical average…
And another game from the team that wins Half it's games Half the time.

Quote:
Arizona at San Francisco, Winner: San Francisco. Justification: Another unsurprising Niners game to normal people watching the game, another cerebral mindfuck engineered by Harbaugh to everyone playing the game.
This one made my head hurt, it was fucking bad…

Quote:
Tennessee at Atlanta, Winner: Atlanta. Justification: They need to keep up in the playoff race somehow.
And they do.

Quote:
San Diego at Chicago, Winner: Chicago. Justification: Chargers can't beat a team with a winning record, nuff said.
And the unenviable streak continues for The Chargers.

Quote:
Philadelphia at New York (Giants), Winner: Philadelphia. Justification: The Khornate Eagles have their backs against the wall, the perfect time to shed some blood for the blood god.
Hello new NFC West, Goodbye playoff hopes for The Giants and Eagles.

Quote:
Kansas City at New England, Winner: New England. Justification: The Chiefs fall down.
They didn't so much fall as were flung out of plane at 30,000 ft without a parachute.
Old 2011-11-22, 07:31   Link #3498
GDB

Quote:
FUCKING BALTIMORE.
That'll learn ya to pick against Baltimore when they aren't playing a bad team.

Quote:
Hello new NFC West, Goodbye playoff hopes for The Giants and Eagles.
To be fair, the Giants are still tied with the Cowboys, and Eagles only two games back (with an impressive division record). It's not likely, but still possible for either of them to take it over the Cowboys.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 10:53   Link #3499
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Season still alive for Philly? Not sure how we'll catch Dallas at this point
It is still quite possible. We are only 2 games behind and with the best division record in our division thus far. There is still hope.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 13:07   Link #3500
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
That'll learn ya to pick against Baltimore when they aren't playing a bad team.
I'll acknowledge that, but Baltimore needs to realize that it isn't opposite day anymore.

Quote:
To be fair, the Giants are still tied with the Cowboys, and Eagles only two games back (with an impressive division record). It's not likely, but still possible for either of them to take it over the Cowboys.
To be fair, The Giants are playing New Orleans and Green Bay next, and The Eagles are The Eagles.

Tags
american football, sports