AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Old 2012-10-29, 03:39   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Feel free to discuss any music related subjects for Accel World here (OP/ED & OST, etc.). As the usual rule, NO POSTING LINKS TO MP3s OR ASKING FOR THEM. You may buy them at the usual place such as cdjapan and what not, but DO NOT ask for or post links to any music downloads. This includes, but isn't limited to:
  • any RAR, ZIP, 7-ZIP archive
  • Torrents
  • The names of other BT sites that list music torrents
  • Direct downloads

This also includes links to YouTube videos NOT uploaded by the original artist.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 05:03   Link #2
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I created this missing thread because I just wanted to say how much I'm really enjoying the sort of rock/techno OST for this show. This is a pretty unique production where they hired three different artists and each of their contributions to the show were released on three separate CDs (so for the full experience, be sure to listen to all three volumes). I think it's really neat to hear each artist's own style and what they contributed to the anime. But the thing that's also neat is that the Japanese LE Blu-Rays/DVDs also include remix CDs called "re acceleration" where the composers re-mix each other's work. I like some of these remixes even better than some of the original compositions!

Hiroyuki Oshima does a lot of the "atmospheric" work for the anime, with a lot of pieces that "set the mood" for the various scenes (including a lot of the comedy scenes). He still gets a few of the more memorable pieces like Silver Wing and Vermilion Field, along with the main theme explored in Blood History, Ceramic Heart, Rainbow Aurora, and Golden Glory (which was used for the grand finale). I also like Sky Dream, which makes nice use of a pan flute. Iron Will (which is a reprise/remix of Silver Wing) reminds me of a battle theme from an RPG game with its driving electric guitar and organ. All in all, I suppose this is probably the weakest of the three OSTs overall to me (since he was assigned a lot of the "filler" tracks), but he still has a bunch of really nice pieces in there along with two of the important main themes.

Onoken has a pretty diverse style, and also covers a number of the other "atmospheric" songs, but I think his major contribution to the work is the "battle themes" and some of the techno tracks. Both "burst link" and "alert sign" (and their respective "raio0" remixes, which I think are even better than the original) are pretty recognizable battle tracks, along with "accelerated world" (which has two amazing remixes on the second re acceleration CD). I have to give a shout-out to "bugz", which was used to great effect in the bar/club scene, along with his "silver wing" because the fact that he could integrate disco into this has to be given props. He can also do more sentimental pieces well too, with both "way home" and "byebye" having put to good use in the anime for some of the more memorable scenes. "command z" is a pretty good wrap-up for the volume and a summary of his style; lots of melodic patterns that overlap and eventually build into a big melody. But the volume ends with the rather pensive "clow-yuki", almost as a sort of epilogue. I think this is probably my favourite OST volume overall (and you also need to listen to his remix of MintJam's 炎の契約 on the third re acceleration CD).

MintJam is actually a group as opposed to an individual, so it's a bit harder to peg any individual style (though most of the tracks are by main composer a2c), but they handle a number of the headlining tracks such as 炎の契約 (Honou no Keiyaku; Contract of Flames), Encounter, and Hallucination (probably the most famous battle track in the anime). I'd say they basically define the "Accel World sound", which is sort of techno-influenced driving rock. 不動要塞 (Fudou Yousai; Immovable Fort) is a real highlight for me; it starts a bit odd and unassuming, but grows into a pretty "epic" track (particularly when it breaks into cut-time). They can "bring it down" well, with both Tenderness and Distance being highlights, along with 過去との決別 (Kako to no Ketsubetsu; Farewell to the Past) that really builds up into a nice climax. And the whole thing comes to a close with "Silvery Wings", which has a really gradual build-up but ends up being probably the most memorable track in the anime (which everyone will recognize instantly by the last 40 seconds or so, and the "Short Strings Ver."). I really enjoyed this volume too, and it's a really good wrap to the Accel World musical experience.

Anyway, like I said at the start, don't miss the "re acceleration" remixes either; particularly the two remixes of accelerated world on the second disc, and onoken's insane 炎の契約〜Encounter on the third disc.

Curious if anyone else other than me is enjoying this OST and has any particular favourite tracks.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-10-29 at 05:18.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 13:41   Link #3
Mentar
Banned

Actually, especially the first track - sympathia (EX) - has definitely wormed itself into my ear. Haaaah, so nice.

Too bad that there are no lyrics/translations out for it, right? I don't even know where this song has been used. A total shame.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 16:41   Link #4
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Actually, especially the first track - sympathia (EX) - has definitely wormed itself into my ear. Haaaah, so nice.

Too bad that there are no lyrics/translations out for it, right? I don't even know where this song has been used. A total shame.
Ah yeah -- that's definitely the nicest of the bonus songs; I expect it'll get a bunch of remixes on next month's "re acceleration" disc. I think it wasn't actually used in the anime at all, but was just produced as a bonus track for the OST release. The lyrics are printed in the CD insert; I suppose I could scan it if it's not anywhere, but my kanji skills are still not quite good enough to re-type the whole thing.
Old 2014-02-12, 06:21   Link #5
bearbear12345

Hey, sorry for necro-posting.
But I'm new to this anime, (well first ever anime)
Anyway, I'd like to ask,
So my friend showed me accel world a week ago, and I fell in love with it
So I went to find some OSTs, music and whatnot, and found that there were two original soundtracks, one by onoken, and the other one by Hiroyuki Oshima.
I'm sure Hiroyuki Oshima is the original author, so who is onoken?
bearbear12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-12, 11:57   Link #6
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearbear12345 View Post
Hey, sorry for necro-posting.
But I'm new to this anime, (well first ever anime)
Anyway, I'd like to ask,
So my friend showed me accel world a week ago, and I fell in love with it
So I went to find some OSTs, music and whatnot, and found that there were two original soundtracks, one by onoken, and the other one by Hiroyuki Oshima.
I'm sure Hiroyuki Oshima is the original author, so who is onoken?
there're actually 3 sets of soundtrack and then another 3 set of BGM for accel world available as far as i know.....and each of these three soundtracks are featured by different people. for details, please refer to related accel world article on japanese wikipedia
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 05:22   Link #7
bearbear12345

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
there're actually 3 sets of soundtrack and then another 3 set of BGM for accel world available as far as i know.....and each of these three soundtracks are featured by different people. for details, please refer to related accel world article on japanese wikipedia
Ah yes I see (Well I actually also read the second post)
Thanks!

Side Note:
So I've listened to the re acceleration BGMs, which author remixed which other author's?
Old 2014-03-05, 09:52   Link #8
borry

hi, someone can tell me the title of the music that you hear in episode 19 when Kuroyukihime is located in the bus? thanks
borry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 01:52   Link #9
bearbear12345

Quote:
Originally Posted by borry View Post
hi, someone can tell me the title of the music that you hear in episode 19 when Kuroyukihime is located in the bus? thanks
Track 25. Command Z in onoken's OST
Old 2014-09-11, 21:43   Link #10
stheno

Unhappy Helpppp !!!!

Does anybody know the name of the song played during the Hospital scene between Haru and Yukihime ? I love that sweet instrumental song, but no matter where I look I cant seem to find it. Please help
stheno is offline   Reply With Quote