AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-08-06, 03:29   Link #81
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
So what exactly did Kanata gain from the Devil Beetles (dat name)? And did it remove his time control powers?
I figure he obviously became a beetleborg.

He'll get a beetle transformation and everything. It'll be awesome.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 06:31   Link #82
SineMora
Wait for it...

Actually, after hearing the beetle thing, I think Kanata had become this guy:

Now the only thing missing is his Gunblade had a "DEVOUR" mechanism.

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 11:41   Link #83
Zanfow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Real Nua

accident during experimentation. During the accident, the bodily fluids of those insect enters him that made him able to use the same ability as Kanata. This derp is also more adapt to it than Kanata.
Does it mean that he's stronger than Kanata?
Zanfow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 12:33   Link #84
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanfow View Post
Does it mean that he's stronger than Kanata?
Nope, his just more adept to it. I think his 2 years in medicine but not sure. The google translate is hard to understand sometimes.

He is just more adept to it than Kanata. He probably didn't resist the temptation, unlike Kanata. Because this derp want to prove his better than Kanata and crashed into the battle between Yuri's and Misora's team.

He also got beaten in that arc if the wiki is right. His not really much of a threat.

And despite Kanata being unable to use that much magic anymore. His only limited to 1 blast of magic long range attack. The one he use in the latest episode. He still has his skill and his considered the best.

This is also probably the reason why the people think of him as a traitor because he didn't gave a reason. He doesn't want others to know about his sickness. To the people in the city. The best in the city just suddenly quits without any reason. He didn't participate in the matches or do missions anymore. He just has big credentials that still helps him from not being expelled.

The ability he got from the demon beetles is Kuzure-ryoku
It boost all his parameters/stats in compensation that it eats mana/stamina or whatever. In short he enters super mode for short amount of time.

kanata also can't control time. He is just skillful to the point like the time still when he attacks. Kanata is the ace of one of the strongest team and that team is fighting for the spot of the strongest but he didn't appear. That is the scene in episode 1 where Yuri is crying. That is the battle for the strongest.

In short Kanata is the strongest in the city. But he lost that spot already because his magic took a noose dive. In normal battle between sky wiz he won't win in battle with magic included. If its battle of skills only, they won't stand a chance.

He still is the strongest with Kuzure-ryoku ability but he is keeping it a secret. Only few are in known of this ability.
Old 2015-08-06, 13:25   Link #85
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Nope, his just more adept to it. I think his 2 years in medicine but not sure. The google translate is hard to understand sometimes.

He is just more adept to it than Kanata. He probably didn't resist the temptation, unlike Kanata. Because this derp want to prove his better than Kanata and crashed into the battle between Yuri's and Misora's team.

He also got beaten in that arc if the wiki is right. His not really much of a threat.

And despite Kanata being unable to use that much magic anymore. His only limited to 1 blast of magic long range attack. The one he use in the latest episode. He still has his skill and his considered the best.

This is also probably the reason why the people think of him as a traitor because he didn't gave a reason. He doesn't want others to know about his sickness. To the people in the city. The best in the city just suddenly quits without any reason. He didn't participate in the matches or do missions anymore. He just has big credentials that still helps him from not being expelled.

The ability he got from the demon beetles is Kuzure-ryoku
It boost all his parameters/stats in compensation that it eats mana/stamina or whatever. In short he enters super mode for short amount of time.

kanata also can't control time. He is just skillful to the point like the time still when he attacks. Kanata is the ace of one of the strongest team and that team is fighting for the spot of the strongest but he didn't appear. That is the scene in episode 1 where Yuri is crying. That is the battle for the strongest.

In short Kanata is the strongest in the city. But he lost that spot already because his magic took a noose dive. In normal battle between sky wiz he won't win in battle with magic included. If its battle of skills only, they won't stand a chance.

He still is the strongest with Kuzure-ryoku ability but he is keeping it a secret. Only few are in known of this ability.
Sorry to ask you this, but was it stated anywhere of the reason why he's keeping this a secret (unless "it'll probably cause some kind of trouble in a specific area" is the only thing I can think of)? If the secret isn't something that's high level , then I just don't see the point keeping it hidden to the point that he has to earn undeserved ire from everyone else (then again, most of those people didn't seem think or question if there's more going on since they seem to only care about the "strength" problem of the situation). I wonder if Kanata tries to remedy the situation concerning his low magic reserves.
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 14:13   Link #86
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Who is blondie on v5 cover? She looks like my kind of girl.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 14:14   Link #87
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSamurai365 View Post
Sorry to ask you this, but was it stated anywhere of the reason why he's keeping this a secret (unless "it'll probably cause some kind of trouble in a specific area" is the only thing I can think of)? If the secret isn't something that's high level , then I just don't see the point keeping it hidden to the point that he has to earn undeserved ire from everyone else (then again, most of those people didn't seem think or question if there's more going on since they seem to only care about the "strength" problem of the situation). I wonder if Kanata tries to remedy the situation concerning his low magic reserves.
the wiki didn't mention much about why he kept it a secret but I just speculate which is why I compare it to Hyouketsu Kyoukai no Eden. The MC there had acquired the ability same as the enemy.

Just imagine your ace have the same ability as your mortal enemy.

It will really turn into chaos and will really brand him as traitor.

As for remedy. It also didn't mention much but it says that the demon beetles are still a mystery. They are still trying to figure it out or where it even comes from. The anime didn't clear it and the wiki didn't also.

It just appear and wreck the cities. Made the land inhabitable which is why they leave in the sky. But even in the sky, the demon insects are also starting to spread out to it and search for them.
Old 2015-08-06, 15:59   Link #88
cloud04
Scanlator

i would say he might even get experimented on if he just outright says to
Old 2015-08-06, 17:56   Link #89
NeutralZero

so who are the ones that knows of his secret?
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-07, 04:02   Link #90
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
so who are the ones that knows of his secret?
Only the higher ups and the brats his currently teaching.
Old 2015-08-07, 04:10   Link #91
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Only the higher ups and the brats his currently teaching.
i assume those higher than the sc pres?
Old 2015-08-07, 05:22   Link #92
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
i assume those higher than the sc pres?
that, I don't know. it just said upper echelon but it didn't specify on who are those. The student prez might be the head of the school and sky wizards but I don't know if she's consider as those upper echelon or if there is a government body here.

she probably know but I don't know. She called Kanata traitor and Kanata also doesn't like her that much.
Old 2015-08-07, 06:13   Link #93
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
that, I don't know. it just said upper echelon but it didn't specify on who are those. The student prez might be the head of the school and sky wizards but I don't know if she's consider as those upper echelon or if there is a government body here.

she probably know but I don't know. She called Kanata traitor and Kanata also doesn't like her that much.
ya pretty much, although idk even if she does know, i still think she just hates him XD
Old 2015-08-08, 02:28   Link #94
larethian

So this is a story about OP character becoming not OP anymore and going back to becoming OP again? And rebuilding his relations. Sorry if Im mistaken. But its an interesting roundabout way to develop the protag. But the setting doesnt look that strong. First impressions ie.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-08, 05:14   Link #95
NeutralZero

if the prez hates him for some undisclosed reason
wonder how will she react if sh knows that her prized imouto fell for him
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-08, 05:27   Link #96
obnuchious

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
So this is a story about OP character becoming not OP anymore and going back to becoming OP again? And rebuilding his relations. Sorry if Im mistaken. But its an interesting roundabout way to develop the protag. But the setting doesnt look that strong. First impressions ie.
well... lets see...

Earth being overrun by monsters causing a very large decline of the human race, which led to them 'migrating' to various floating islands in the sky ... which isn't really a safe place since even there the monsters are attacking them (of course, it took them monsters some years before even thinking of attacking them there) ... then comes the story of how everyone capable of fighting to do their part in maintaining the final refuge of the human race from attacking monsters.... and another thing, as the spoilers mentioned, MC lost and gained something from the monsters . . .

yup... pretty much like Eden . . . .
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-08, 19:19   Link #97
dragon213

anyone who knows where you can view the illustrations?
dragon213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 20:12   Link #98
cloud04
Scanlator

wait i thought the creepy guy got the power via experiment?
Old 2015-08-12, 20:33   Link #99
MonkeyDude

Well it looked like the Eye of Sauron that magically went unnoticed while flying off of the chimera was in some experimental vat in next week's preview. Stalker-kun also looked like he blanked out and possibly became possessed or something. Should be a prime candidate for experimentation!
MonkeyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 21:10   Link #100
@GEMC

When will the others learn kanata's condition?

Tags
fantasy, manga, school, seinen