AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-03-17, 02:59   Link #1
LevelSeven

Robot x Laserbeam

Sorry if this thread was already made but i couldnt find it no matter if in this forum or on google

Summary:
Quote:
The high school golfing manga centers on a boy nicknamed "Robot" who encounters golf for the first time.
I know, not much in the summary XD.

Anyway, Ch1 is translated.

And i must say, i like the MC. Usually this kind of series would put the MC into the position of someone who has the will and must train to get the skill, but it is the reverse this time.

Robo (nickname of MC) has no will to play golf, but he is INCREDIBLE talented, superhuman if i may say so (and i can say that because i have experience with golf, i have read the manga King Golf ).

The future rival was also set, it is a hard-working accomplished golf guy who is trying to get better and better.

Robo on the other hand can even send balls into the holes at 150 yards distance (1 yard = 0.9 meters, ergo: he can accurately shoot a ball into a tiny hole at 135 meters distance).

Im quite interested in this series .
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-17, 07:50   Link #2
James Rye

I liked the first chapter. I think it was even the best one from the 6 new ones. It didn't drag on, it showed the core of 3-4 characters who will be important for the course of this series, it explained while our MC is "weird/nerdy/supersmart" he is not emotionless, just doesn't show them openly, it explained why "Power Golf" is now a thing and why Robo is so special in this sport thanks to his "Laserbeam" hit, the best-friend-comedy-side-kick is not annoying but entertaining and actually does have a goal of his own which even frustrates and upsets him if others make fun of his lack of talent instead of just giving up on it right away, MC stands up for his friend in an unique way by partly agreeing with the bullies argument but partly and logically denying it as they got no basis for saying his friend lacks sense and will never gain it no matter how many years he trains, the dark-skinned Pro player despite his short appearance is interesting as he seems to be a proud hardworker but not an arrogant one who's humble enough to admit that somebody he didn't saw personally plays in an entire different league and goes out of his way to meet that person not to challenge him but just to watch how he hits the ball so perfectly several times in a row.

I hope this one will be able to survive from this batch.
Old 2017-03-17, 18:41   Link #3
bastek66

Boring sausagefest like almost all sport series for me. Out of 6 new series this one has guaranteed survival due to Basugay's fanbase.
Old 2017-03-17, 19:49   Link #4
Fairy Water

It's Kuroboto playing golf with Aomine. It may actually survive if the FG took the bait.

The narrative itself from the first chapter is actually the best one out of 6 new series so far. Still haven't mads me interest in golf.
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-17, 19:53   Link #5
The Green One

You know when I first saw this thread I thought it was about a robot being shipped with a laserbeam. It's bait and switch I tell you!
Old 2017-03-29, 17:41   Link #6
thefreakmike

Chapter 2 is out, and seems poor MC´s best friend is getting thrown under the bus LOL

Though why didnt Robo and his firned didnt recognize that Miura guy ? He literaly passed next to them. Manga logic I guess

Anyway, this turning quite interesting
thefreakmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-06, 17:11   Link #7
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Looks like Robo needs to practice some more. Once he's practiced enough to lose all his hair, he'll truly One Shot Man.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-07, 04:58   Link #8
James Rye

Roboto will become One Swing Man - ending all holes with one swing. xD
Old 2017-04-07, 06:00   Link #9
LevelSeven

^than he will get bored with it and a cyborg student will join him in order to get strong enough to get his revenge on another player and to win the world cup
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-02, 23:16   Link #10
BPD Renegade

Well, color me a bit surprised. I initially assumed Robo would join out of frustration over not having all the calculations for the various shots down pat, but he's really just annoyed over his "win."

As far as MCs go, he's pretty refreshing. Signs all but point to him having Asperger's, so if this is the case, we won't be seeing a 180 in his behavior as the series progresses. It's kind of nice having the MC be the one with the quirks instead of a side character who's only there for comic relief. I'm interested in seeing where Fujimaki takes this. Just... don't turn it into another super-power festa...
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-03, 04:57   Link #11
James Rye

That's true. I'm glad he joined not because he wants to win the championship or because he REAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY loves the particular sport or because he was made fun of playing said game in his childhood because of his height or whatever. Just frustrated that he "won" like this while there was a 90% chance of him losing and he was denied to see for himself if he would lose or win.
Old 2017-06-01, 19:14   Link #12
thefreakmike

Chapter 11, and now an Akashi/Murasakibara hybrid appears and on top his nickname is the Emperor this is officialy Kuroko no Golf
Though credits to the author, as someone who wasnt so interested in golf, I'm hooked.
Old 2017-06-02, 04:50   Link #13
James Rye

So the goal is to get down to 70 points for which he needs to train his stamina and short shots and all that. Gonna be fun to watch him learn new stuff.
Old 2017-06-08, 15:05   Link #14
bakato

12 chapters in and we finally get our first chick and she's tan!
Old 2017-06-09, 04:14   Link #15
James Rye

And we see how much of a hardworker ( or no common sense holder) Robo is, running till fainting day after day. xD
Old 2017-06-09, 10:50   Link #16
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
And we see how much of a hardworker ( or no common sense holder) Robo is, running till fainting day after day. xD
Yeah. He's like the protagonist from Days without the crying and some actual skill.
Old 2017-06-10, 17:10   Link #17
James Rye

True that, he just decides on something and gets on with it, no time wasted on emotions. Man, romance will be a blast with him.

"I concluded logically that you and me would work well together as a couple and that we would have healthy off-spring. Please be my girlfriend."
"No."
"Alright, still have around 3,5 billion women I could ask out anyway."

Though he'd probably start the same reasoning with Love as he did with Golf at the very beginning of this series. As in "He doesn't get/understand it and doesn't need it".^^
Old 2017-06-15, 19:25   Link #18
bakato

Even without the crying and lack of skill, this is way better than Days in the try your best department.
Old 2017-06-15, 23:12   Link #19
thefreakmike

Apparently of you play golf you get to drive a fine ride like that

Wondering how this meeting with this emperor Guy will go
Old 2017-06-15, 23:21   Link #20
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreakmike View Post
Apparently of you play golf you get to drive a fine ride like that

Wondering how this meeting with this emperor Guy will go
Well, Robo will probably refuse based on his previous promise if he fails to gethis score down to 70.

Tags
emotionless mc, hard-working rival, op mc, sports, talentless friend