AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2008-03-01, 18:12   Link #41
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
The technical term would be "trap!"

come to think of it: would a male Haruhi use a male Mikuru's "trap-ness" to its fullest extent?
I think we're on to something. Call Kaisos right away. Dang we need a thread.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 19:18   Link #42
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
That's actually a really good idea.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 19:25   Link #43
shaoron
AQS representative

Quote:
so what in traps and gender bender wormholes are we waiting for!?
REQUEST! NAO!

and an additional idea...
remember when haruhi pulled in mikuru and pulled out some anime magazines?
why don't we make haruki an otaku as well?
and do we still make yuuki kun lose his eyeglasses?
shaoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 19:36   Link #44
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

WTB moar Itsuko/Kyon-chan.

That is all.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 20:50   Link #45
Sirth
Command of the Revenants

Send a message via AIM to Sirth Send a message via MSN to Sirth
For some reason, manly Yuki seems off. Maybe he should be a bit shorter and more scrawny, since he's a bookwormish type of person. Something like male-Mikuru, but a little less trap. Being well-built just doesn't fit Yuki.

Female-Kyon is made of damnably pure win. I'd love to see this potential project just for her.
Sirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 01:16   Link #46
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirth View Post
For some reason, manly Yuki seems off. Maybe he should be a bit shorter and more scrawny, since he's a bookwormish type of person. Something like male-Mikuru, but a little less trap. Being well-built just doesn't fit Yuki.

Female-Kyon is made of damnably pure win. I'd love to see this potential project just for her.
Those are pretty much my reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post

HA! The Drama CD is pure win.

It should totally be animated.
Old 2008-03-02, 06:33   Link #47
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Posted?

Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 09:32   Link #48
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:

Seconded. If Yuki gives the average guy a feeling of a more tender bookish girl than Mikuru's cuteness, then male Yuki should not look this manly.

I don't know about yaoi fangirls, but having some experience in how they think, Ryoko x Yuki would make more sense to them as then Yuki would be more "uke" looking, right now this male Yuki is too "seme".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
Posted?

The reinterpretation of the ending of Melancholy. This totally changes the dynamic of the ending.

The next morning, Kyon-ko would be sitting at her seat, looking out of the window, feeling miserable at what she just did.

Then Haruki would enter, rambling about how he had the most surreal "dream" where everything he sought out became true, but the dream ended in the most "bizarre" way without elaborating further. He'd then probably turned to have a quick look at Kyon-ko and quip "Oh well, I guess ponytails are fine as well", causing Kyon-ko to blush.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 11:25   Link #49
Tangowr

Last edited by Tangowr; 2008-03-02 at 11:38.
Tangowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 13:37   Link #50
DestinyFate
Shana <3

why is girl kyon so insanely moe!!!!
Old 2008-03-02, 14:18   Link #51
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Seconded. If Yuki gives the average guy a feeling of a more tender bookish girl than Mikuru's cuteness, then male Yuki should not look this manly.

I don't know about yaoi fangirls, but having some experience in how they think, Ryoko x Yuki would make more sense to them as then Yuki would be more "uke" looking, right now this male Yuki is too "seme".

The reinterpretation of the ending of Melancholy. This totally changes the dynamic of the ending.

The next morning, Kyon-ko would be sitting at her seat, looking out of the window, feeling miserable at what she just did.

Then Haruki would enter, rambling about how he had the most surreal "dream" where everything he sought out became true, but the dream ended in the most "bizarre" way without elaborating further. He'd then probably turned to have a quick look at Kyon-ko and quip "Oh well, I guess ponytails are fine as well", causing Kyon-ko to blush.
I'd also like to point out that Kyon-ko would never be attracted to Man-Mikuru. Don't see her being a shoutacon.

Damn, this would be awesome, though.
Old 2008-03-02, 14:25   Link #52
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I'd also like to point out that Kyon-ko would never be attracted to Man-Mikuru. Don't see her being a shoutacon.

Damn, this would be awesome, though.
Kyon-ko could still be turned on by how moe the trap Mikuru is. Even Kyon-ko couldn't possibly resist such fangirlish fantasies.

Edit: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the thread.

Here's some more concept art to chew on. And supposedly there's a reason for WaWaWa-ko's sixth finger.

From here:
http://passionalgallery.cho-chin.com/syuminoheya-4.html

Last edited by DJ_RockmanX; 2008-03-02 at 17:16.
Old 2008-03-02, 17:27   Link #53
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

This is one of the signle greatest things I've seen in a while. Kepp the pic coming.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 18:01   Link #54
Fleabitten8907
Loves stripes.

Send a message via AIM to Fleabitten8907
Genderswapped ED.

Found it on Youtube; thought you'd be interested xD
Fleabitten8907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 18:20   Link #55
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Kyon-ko could still be turned on by how moe the trap Mikuru is. Even Kyon-ko couldn't possibly resist such fangirlish fantasies.
... I really don't agree with that idea, but whatever.

Anyway, someone has already begun a rewrite of the first novel with this idea in mind on FanFiction... but I think we can do better.

As for Taniguchi... keeping the same basic dialogue while turning him into a girl would make him an utter slut... which would be hilarious.

I really need to find time to rewrite Vol. 1... orz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleabitten8907 View Post
Genderswapped ED.

Found it on Youtube; thought you'd be interested xD
Holy shit, sounds a lot like Simon...

We can use this.
Old 2008-03-02, 18:46   Link #56
Sirth
Command of the Revenants

Send a message via AIM to Sirth Send a message via MSN to Sirth
After thinking how the first episode would go with reversed genders, the idea intrigues me so. It actually looks like a different story entirely. Hell, my writing muse tells me this would be a hell of an idea to get involved in.

Keep in mind, I'll be going by the original names for my explanations until we make official names.

To explain Kyon still having a crush on Mikuru in this, maybe Kyon can still act as a support, and with Mikuru still relying on "her," Kyon starts to form a crush that way. Like the whole "urge to protect the girl" thing in reverse. So more or less, Mikuru's weakness to Kyon for help, and Kyon gets turned on by this.
Maybe that's still saying Kyon likes traps...

Don't think Taniguchi would be a slut, per se, but more of a direct interest in the boys. Think there's plenty of girls that try to check out boys at school, but still aren't sluts. He was pretty much that unpopular guy that sat back and watched the girls, so it could translate into a female version that sits back and watches the guys.

Yay, people agree with my "Yuki as a scrawny, bookish person."

The question is, should Haruhi start as a bishounen? Long hair, to go with the "different day, different hairstyle," or is there something else that can be done? Then when Kyon notices, he gets it cut? I don't know if it can work well with short hair.
Sirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 19:00   Link #57
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
To explain Kyon still having a crush on Mikuru in this, maybe Kyon can still act as a support, and with Mikuru still relying on "her," Kyon starts to form a crush that way. Like the whole "urge to protect the girl" thing in reverse. So more or less, Mikuru's weakness to Kyon for help, and Kyon gets turned on by this.
Maybe that's still saying Kyon likes traps...
No. Just... no.

I'm envisioning Kyon-ko sort of like Haruhi from Ouran... indifferent to guys in general.

She can still feel SORRY for Man-Mikuru, but I doubt any girl would actually want a guy who's that much of a wuss.

Quote:
Don't think Taniguchi would be a slut, per se, but more of a direct interest in the boys. Think there's plenty of girls that try to check out boys at school, but still aren't sluts. He was pretty much that unpopular guy that sat back and watched the girls, so it could translate into a female version that sits back and watches the guys.
It's funnier if we have her make perverted comments about Man-Ryoko's butt or something.

Edit: Like this:

Quote:

Taniguchi put her empty lunch-box back into her bag, and let out a perverted giggle.

"If there's one guy I'd like to have choose me, it'd be him, Asakura Ryo."

Taniguchi nodded her chin towards a group of guys a few desks away. In the middle of the conversing group, with a pleasant grin on his face, was Asakura Ryo.

"Judging from my analysis, he definitely enters the 'Top Three Hottest First Year Guys' list."

"You checked out every single first-year guy in the school?"

"I group guys into A to D categories and, believe me, I only pay attention to the A guys. You only get to go through high school life once— I want mine to be as happy as possible."

"Then that Asakura Ryo is an A then?" Kunikida asked.

"He's an AA+! Come on, just look at his face, his personality must be first class! Plus, he's got a great butt, too! <3"

I really don't need to hear this.

"Oh, so the sort of guy who'd actually remember your birthday?" Kunikida piped in.

Why am I surrounded by idiots?
Quote:
The question is, should Haruhi start as a bishounen? Long hair, to go with the "different day, different hairstyle," or is there something else that can be done? Then when Kyon notices, he gets it cut? I don't know if it can work well with short hair.
My idea was hair gel. He styles his hair differently each day, the hair band changes color and the number of spikes differs.

No haircut, he just stops using the gel.
Old 2008-03-02, 19:14   Link #58
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
No. Just... no.

I'm envisioning Kyon-ko sort of like Haruhi from Ouran... indifferent to guys in general.

She can still feel SORRY for Man-Mikuru, but I doubt any girl would actually want a guy who's that much of a wuss.
Well if it's Haruhi from Ouran you're comparing Kyon, then take a cue from Honey-senpai. Male Mikuru could totally be a helpless shota type, with Kyon-ko feeling those motherly urges to protect such a helpless little kid from male Haruhi's attempts to make him more manly.

Old 2008-03-02, 19:15   Link #59
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Well if it's Haruhi from Ouran you're comparing Kyon, then take a cue from Honey-senpai. Male Mikuru could totally be a helpless shota type, with Kyon-ko feeling those motherly urges to protect such a helpless little kid from male Haruhi's attempts to make him more manly.
BETTER!

Yeah, we can so totally work with that.
Old 2008-03-02, 19:16   Link #60
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
BETTER!

Yeah, we can so totally work with that.
It's the anti-thesis of the normal Haruhi. Normal Haruhi exploits the moe and tries to amplify it, while GARuhi tries to bring out the man in Mikuru.

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan