Notices

Old 2009-03-15, 09:46   Link #1941
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Nice analysis!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
But you can count on this, Lala´s love for Rito is more than showable if you just pay attention, its just her lack of experience is what makes it difficult.
But also, isn't this Rito's problem too?

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 09:50   Link #1942
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Nice analysis!

But also, isn't this Rito's problem too?

Well yeah, but the reason why he hasent is understandable :P since he is the center of the 3-5 girl harem lol some making there moves.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 17:57   Link #1943
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Another "lol" chapter, as usual. Some real plot would be great but this manga isn't based on a real solid story to begin with, which is why it can go on forever and ever.
Old 2009-03-15, 20:28   Link #1944
Justin Kim
*Artist

Uhm, Ocean Blue you=s terribly wrong upon Lala not showing any feelings regarding Rito. They almost had a freaking wedding dude! Afterwards, when Lala used memory-kun, she even confessed O_o.
Justin Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 23:04   Link #1945
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Another "lol" chapter, as usual. Some real plot would be great but this manga isn't based on a real solid story to begin with, which is why it can go on forever and ever.
expect , at some point , Shonen Jump will get sick of it's low ratings , and will just end up canceling it.
i'd hate to see it have a butchered end. I think It should be time to commence wrapping things up. I mean seriously.
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 00:23   Link #1946
Used Can

Are TLR's ratings that low? So far, I've always thought it is quite popular.
Old 2009-03-16, 03:47   Link #1947
Dark Mage

Man it has a low-rating because it is basically the samething again and again. I mean even too much of a good thing gets boring after a while. At the moment, chapter after chapter its fanservice, fanservice and more fanservice. Its like the mangaka has run out of ideas and just plans on raking up as much money as possible before it gets cancelled which it most certainly will if they just keep with the way they are doing now
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 04:45   Link #1948
shinryou
--- semi-hikikomori ---

Quote:
Originally Posted by yongshun View Post
After thinking about it I think after Haruna wakes up the effects of the spray and she is still on Rito's back first she'll freak out then she will turn around and see the principle and Saruyama behind her she will grab Rito's head and tell him to go faster.
or it won't continue from that point and then go on to a different story...

"can't get away... from the sound of life..." - shinryou
shinryou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 05:55   Link #1949
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
expect , at some point , Shonen Jump will get sick of it's low ratings , and will just end up canceling it.
i'd hate to see it have a butchered end. I think It should be time to commence wrapping things up. I mean seriously.
I think you need to check the OM rank again for the manga, and the anime series. It's actually pretty quite high. As of right now it just went from rank #20 to rank #13. The popularity of the manga is mostly biased off the huge fan service the mangaka gives the readers. Not only that, but the comical / romance relief that is inputted alongside with these random story plots. I honestly, am not tired of reading To Love-Ru every single week.
Old 2009-03-16, 09:41   Link #1950
X207
Gamyūsa

its not too hard to get tired of TLR weekly chapters even if they're a bit repeptitve. imo the world only god knows/ai kora easily gets boring to read compared to TLR.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 14:39   Link #1951
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Are TLR's ratings that low? So far, I've always thought it is quite popular.
It's been ranking around the 3rd or 2nd to last in shounen jump for quite a very long while now. Every so often a chapter will have a good ranking , like 4th from last , but it's been sticking to the 2nd a lot more recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
I think you need to check the OM rank again for the manga, and the anime series. It's actually pretty quite high. As of right now it just went from rank #20 to rank #13. The popularity of the manga is mostly biased off the huge fan service the mangaka gives the readers. Not only that, but the comical / romance relief that is inputted alongside with these random story plots. I honestly, am not tired of reading To Love-Ru every single week.
what's OM ? onemanga ? dunno , I never go there. Not like Shounen jump cares about that place , or whatever isn't in japan.
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 14:58   Link #1952
Dark Mage

Samanosuke is correct it ranks pretty low in Shounen jump at the moment and why in the world would the publishers care about the One Manga ratings
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 15:04   Link #1953
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
Uhm, Ocean Blue you=s terribly wrong upon Lala not showing any feelings regarding Rito. They almost had a freaking wedding dude! Afterwards, when Lala used memory-kun, she even confessed O_o.
Eh, I don't remember. Wasn't the almost-wedding in the beginning of the series?

Fine, I'll revise my statement. Recently, seeing as we usually don't get in-depth glimpses into her thoughts like we do with Haruna or Yui, she hasn't shown much that can be described as affection more than a strong friendship, which is where I see them at now.

Oh well, it doesn't matter. I'm hoping for the harem route [Which is unusual for me, but I can't really chose any of them.], so Lala's end [What, TLR will end?] is the closest to the best chance for that. I'm just saying that the author probably assumes we know that Lala has strong feelings for Rito, but it hasn't been stated as much as it has with the other characters [Aside from Yami.] recently.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 15:29   Link #1954
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
For your information,in Indonesian Manga fans,this series have high rank in Ecchi anime/manga category,I tried to downloading it every time they released,and still must lineup in the connection becos around 20 or 30 people downloading it at same time.So I just wait till a week for the storm to calm down

dunno about other region

personally I want this series to still going on about a year more before the mangaka ended this series.And begin second season with their future family it will great to see Rito's child being teached Martial Arts by Auntie Yami,Math by Lala,Cook by Mikan,Drawing by Grandpa Saibai,Dressing by Grandma Ringo,check her/his health in Mikado's lab,and play with Celine
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 21:13   Link #1955
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Eh, I don't remember. Wasn't the almost-wedding in the beginning of the series?

Fine, I'll revise my statement. Recently, seeing as we usually don't get in-depth glimpses into her thoughts like we do with Haruna or Yui, she hasn't shown much that can be described as affection more than a strong friendship, which is where I see them at now.

Oh well, it doesn't matter. I'm hoping for the harem route [Which is unusual for me, but I can't really chose any of them.], so Lala's end [What, TLR will end?] is the closest to the best chance for that. I'm just saying that the author probably assumes we know that Lala has strong feelings for Rito, but it hasn't been stated as much as it has with the other characters [Aside from Yami.] recently.
That's better, just refer to the wedding chapter, and then the 2 chapters afterwards, Lala is actually refraining from sticking to Rito so much / Rather she wants to start anew with him. But the whole point of that is because Lala is the only girl that understands Rito's inner feelings.
Old 2009-03-16, 21:39   Link #1956
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Also has anyone notes this, but every single time Rito´s options and rights are always rejected. Its very rare for Rito too have his way.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 23:45   Link #1957
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
It's been ranking around the 3rd or 2nd to last in shounen jump for quite a very long while now. Every so often a chapter will have a good ranking , like 4th from last , but it's been sticking to the 2nd a lot more recently.
Oh! So, the ratings are indeed that low. I wonder how it is possible the author keeps giving the story almost zero development.
Old 2009-03-17, 01:03   Link #1958
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Saw the feet picture of Haruna from Random Curiosity and came flying to see what it was about!

And~ I'm done.
*yawn* Seems there hasn't been any major development since I threw this series away...

Manga still isn't finished? Dondake...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamarco View Post
I don't know how Rito was less attracted to her, he's messed up .
Are you seriously asking this question...?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 04:23   Link #1959
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Oh! So, the ratings are indeed that low. I wonder how it is possible the author keeps giving the story almost zero development.
3 Words: Massive Fan Service.
~The mangaka shows the lovely feminine and yet at the same time, romantic parts of the manga - which appeal to males and / or possibly the female audience.
Old 2009-03-17, 09:48   Link #1960
Man0warr

I read the tankobons are a bit more popular since they show nudity and other stuff, as long as sales keep up doesn't matter where it ranks.
Man0warr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, shounen, manga