AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-12-26, 17:46   Link #1701
Dr. Casey

hey it's tun (I remember you from a lot of old-timey threads. You were one of the frequent posts in the Itazura na Kiss thread, if I remember right.)

Yeah, unfortunately. We should go into hibernation until January 9th.

And I love all of musouka's posts in this thread, just wanted to say.

Last edited by Dr. Casey; 2013-12-26 at 21:23.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-27, 05:08   Link #1702
l.kostas

New game PV:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT1p325Q5b0

The release date of the game is March 27, when the anime ends. They added a section about the game at the official anime site:
http://golden-time.jp/game/

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-spot-streamed

"a side-story character named VJ that does not appear in the anime will make an appearance in the game. Voiced by Rie Kugimiya (Toradora! (Taiga), The Familiar of Zero), Kōko describes the character as “Two Dimension's wife."

Last edited by l.kostas; 2013-12-27 at 11:01.
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 07:00   Link #1703
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Images
Nyantype SWIMSUIT KOKO
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Nooo, gotta wait till Jan 9 for next ep
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 11:19   Link #1704
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

damn why is there such a long break?
Old 2013-12-28, 12:06   Link #1705
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
romantic (according to japanese) christmass
Old 2013-12-28, 22:05   Link #1706
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
hey it's tun (I remember you from a lot of old-timey threads. You were one of the frequent posts in the Itazura na Kiss thread, if I remember right.)

Yeah, unfortunately. We should go into hibernation until January 9th.

And I love all of musouka's posts in this thread, just wanted to say.
Well, I did sub Itazura na Kiss.
Old 2013-12-29, 00:01   Link #1707
User68604
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
generally speaking...24+ep shows tend to have mid-point breaks
User68604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 18:13   Link #1708
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Wait this is a 24 episode show now?
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 19:30   Link #1709
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
Wait this is a 24 episode show now?
This has been confirmed as a 24episode show for quite some time now (it was confirmed before the first episode aired even).
Old 2013-12-29, 19:51   Link #1710
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Really? I thought for sure it was a 12 episode show. Well that sounds great to me, which leaves more room for the story to fully fleshed out.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 01:41   Link #1711
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Spoiler for Comparison to LN:

In any case. I want moar glowstick

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-12-30 at 04:35. Reason: Please put all source comparisons behind spoiler tags
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 01:55   Link #1712
Mjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post

...In any case. I want moar glowstick
I concur...
Mjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 03:10   Link #1713
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I just wanted to punch Tada Banri during whole first part of episode
He's horrible.... 68 messages... oh god.. that's an evil thing to do for your girlfriend
even letting her wandering around from 11PM to 1AM

Finally, I think Linda got what she deserved...
I don't hate her at all.. but her dishonesty gives her this kind of result

meanwhile, Koko proved that she's the best character in the series....
oh man... She is falling hard toward Banri.... How the hell you could forgive your boyfriend after what's happening during that day... He just lied, cheated in front of you, then admit that he's holding another feeling toward another girl
That's kind of understanding that rarely found in any anime or even in real world

The preview always funny though
from "Tada-kuuun" and "Kaga-san" to "BANRIII" and "KOKOOO"
is that mean their relationship just get in new stage, eh?
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 04:41   Link #1714
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Images
Nyantype SWIMSUIT KOKO

Nooo, gotta wait till Jan 9 for next ep
I demand Banri x Linda, so I can have Koko. At least the rage will be forgotten.... or maybe not....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 11:12   Link #1715
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Is there actually any Banri X Linda art?

Old 2014-01-01, 08:18   Link #1716
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

I've watched 9 episodes of this so far and read this thread up to the same point. It's striking how most people show complete disregard for the situation of old Banri (aka ghost Banri).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesthetic Shampoo View Post
I feel like people are hating on ghost Banri a bit too much. How would you feel if someone just jacked your body and you had to watch them live your life in a way you don't want to?
Basically this. Banri got in an accident and got ejected from his body. What remained was his soulless body that had no memories. He's been watching it since then.

I'm not saying that people shouldn't worry about what old Banri is going to do that's likely going to hurt Koko, but at the same time you should understand where he's coming from. After more than a year of anguish, the dude finally got his body back. Where that leaves new Banri we don't know. (At least, I don't know, but the next episodes might shed light on that. )

Speaking of new Banri, I feel like we should wonder who he is instead of what ghost Banri is supposed to represent (the latter which seems pretty clear to me). A body without a soul that somehow still functions. Where did this new, but similar self come from?
Old 2014-01-01, 11:11   Link #1717
EroKing

Images
Kouko
Old 2014-01-01, 11:14   Link #1718
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

If this were written by Jun Maeda we'd learn that when Banri was born he had a twin who never lived. Now it's that twin living in his body somehow and we'de also learn that the twin lived like ghost banri watching his body.

Anyways, That's what would happen if this were a Key work. There'd be some kind of true end where we rewrite the whole story of the world and his twin always lived so Banri and Linda would be together and his twin would have Kouko.

*shrug*

Old 2014-01-03, 02:23   Link #1719
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Images
Kouko
Kouko looks absolutely stunning in that yukata .

I found episode 12 to be a really great and gripping episode and a nice end to Golden Time's first-cour .

I've always found the animation in Golden Time to be subpar and average overall, especially when compared to other J.C. Staff romantic comedies, and that's been one my very few disappointments regarding the series. But, to this episodes credit, I thought the facial expressions and the emotions they conveyed were quite good and well animated, especially Kouko's. I could really see and almost feel her pain and heartache over what was going on around her and the revelation of everything that stands against her relationship with Banri. It was really heart wrenching to watch .

Honestly, while Kouko's breakdown in episode four when Mitsuo rejected her was pretty bad, I found the scene between her and Banri in his room to be far more raw and powerful. I think it helps that, in contrast to her unhealthy obsession with Mitsuo, she's genuinely in love with Banri. Unlike the "childish" feelings of what she perceived to be love, likely stemming from her co-dependency issues, that she had for Mitsuo, her feelings for Banri are far more real. It's likely because of that, and her immense self-awareness of her own faults, that she's been trying to be a much better person and girlfriend in her relationship with Banri. It's telling that, at least in regards to Banri, she's never really acted like she did during her time pining for Mitsuo, or gone as overboard over her jealousy. I feel the scene wiped away any doubts in regards to the legitimacy of Kouko's feelings for Banri, or the idea that, at this point, she's just using the relationship to curb the pain of Mitsuo rejecting her or to get back at him.

In general, I think Kouko behaved quite well in this episode. The 63 texts, while a tad excessive, was born out of real worry over Banri as other posts have pointed out. I think her throwing a drink in Banri's face and then slapping him, while not necessarily justified, isn't that unreasonable a response for a woman who just caught her boyfriend lying to her and in the arms of another woman. Though I doubt most women would have apologized for doing so like Kouko did .

While her barring Banri from working was a bit much, I think if he had explained his reasons for wanting a job, and had found a place to work that preferably had all-male employees, then Kouko likely would have budged on the issue. That's all Kouko wants from him, for there to be honesty and discussion between them, and the lack of it, partly on her side but far more on Banri's side, led to the conflict in this episode.

I like Linda. I really do. She's a nice girl and I can tell she's going through a lot of painful stuff emotionally. But I can't help thinking that her pain, and pretty much most of the conflicts on the show, are a result of her refusing to be true to her feelings. Lord knows how much would be different had she not been wishy washy about how she truly felt about Banri or had told him who she was from the get go after meeting him in college. I can understand her not wanting to compromise relationships or hurt others by being honest, but holding in the truth for so long can still have the same effect. While I get why she's always resorted to the "adult" way of doing things, in practice it hasn't really done her much good.

I'll admit that I lost a bit of respect for both Banri and Linda because of the photo op. They both became far too into it and seemed to be enjoying it just a little bit too much. Though it's probably the most honest Linda's ever been with her real feelings, at the likely cost of her friendship with Kouko .

It was really great and heartwarming to see Banri and Kouko, after seeing the two air out everything and Kouko fall apart because of her insecurities and worries, re-affirm their love for one another and desire to move forward together. I felt the kiss in this episode was ten times more romantic than the one in episode nine. It almost makes me wish they had taken out that kiss so as to give this one more meaning as their first kiss. And if the preview is anything to go by it looks like we're getting another one in the next episode .

I realize Banri trying to forget about his past is ultimately just delaying the inevitable, and that the conflict between his present and past feelings will come back, but as it is now, it's just an immense source of stress for both Banri and Kouko and their relationship won't survive if it continues. I feel it's better for the two to try and strengthen their relationship in the present, away from the worries of Banri's lost past, so that when it does become an issue again things won't be as one-sided as Kouko believes they are. I do wonder how long Ghost Banri, whatever he really is, will stay quiet? As much as Banri and Kouko are content with things as they are, I doubt he ever will be...

My only real disappointment with the episode? That Kouko's outfit from the preview only got a one second pose at the very end. I was expecting a lot more screentime considering it's something she wore in an eyecatch .

I want to just say how much I enjoyed reading all this great discussion on the episodes and characters, and I can't wait for Golden Time's return .

Last edited by Frontier; 2014-01-03 at 14:53.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 10:27   Link #1720
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I found episode 12 to be a really great and gripping episode and a nice end to Golden Time's first-cour .
The producers of this anime were really nice nice to not leave us hanging. We all know that the past will come crawling back soon, but for now things are tidied up.
Quote:
I've always found the animation in Golden Time to be subpar and average overall, especially when compared to other J.C. Staff romantic comedies, and that's been one my very few disappointments regarding the series.
Can someone elaborate on this? I don't watch that much anime, and to me the animation in them has always been minimal, consisting of lots of static images, so I don't even know better.
Quote:
While her barring Banri from working was a bit much, I think if he had explained his reasons for wanting a job, and had found a place to work that preferably had all-male employees, then Kouko likely would have budged on the issue.
I don't think so. Banri had already explained his reasons, or at least implied them, and she was against it from the get-go.

That's all Kouko wants from him, for there to be honesty and discussion between them, and the lack of it, partly on her side but far more on Banri's side, led to the conflict in this episode.
Quote:
I'll admit that I lost a bit of respect for both Banri and Linda because of the photo op. They both became far too into it and seemed to be enjoying it just a little bit too much.
Oh, come on. What they were doing was risqué, but in no way was it cheating.
Quote:
I want to just say how much I enjoyed reading all this great discussion on the episodes and characters, and I can't wait for Golden Time's return .
Same here. It was quite insightful.

Tags
college, comedy, drama, love triangle, romance, seinen