AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2022-10-05, 18:14   Link #81
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Episode 0 is the prologue. It has been out for a while and it's really good. It's pretty different than episode 1 too, really different tone and such.
Yes, and it shows none of the background information being discussed that is apparently only in a website novelization for the period between the Prologue and Episode 1.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-05, 18:26   Link #82
Kazu-kun

Yeah. That's a bummer. Lukely I found a translation.
Old 2022-10-05, 18:37   Link #83
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

We won't see it in detail but I'm sure that stuff will be mentioned in the show.
Old 2022-10-05, 19:14   Link #84
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Oh, definitely this. If a <source> reader has to use <source> material to explain the details to this extent, then the anime lacks information. Of course, it is still early, but I prefer for the anime to tell me this stuff; y'know, experience it firsthand, with the only exception being minor details from the same time frame as the anime, but omitted for whatever reason.

Did notice there was an ep 00 I somehow missed, so I'll have to go back and watch(though I doubt it'd nullify my previous thoughts for ep1)
So far, nothing in the novel is particularly important. It's just some background info on Suletta's time at Mercury and most of it is not relevent yet. None of it is needed to understand or even enjoy the first episode, I certainly didn't need it having watched it first before reading it.

That said, I'd argue Episode 1 did skip on some world building a first episode might have usually done because it was in the Prologue. While the Prologue has a very different feel to Episode 1, it is definitely required watching and is meant to be the real starting point of the show.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2022-10-05 at 19:26.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-05, 19:32   Link #85
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
So far, nothing in the novel is particularly important. It's just some background info on Suletta's time at Mercury and most of it is not relevent yet. None of it is needed to understand or even enjoy the first episode, I certainly didn't need it having watched it first before reading it.
I see. Well its not as if I didn't enjoy the episode, but rather, was just confused at the lack of restrictions from a general perspective, especially in regards to the other Gundam series I've seen as a whole.

Quote:
That said, I'd argue Episode 1 did skip on some world building a first episode might usually done because it was already done in the Prologue. While the Prologue has a very different feel to Episode 1, it is definitely required watching and is meant to be the real starting point of the show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Episode 0 is the prologue. It has been out for a while and it's really good. It's pretty different than episode 1 too, really different tone and such.
Ah, makes sense. Definitely felt like I missed some info after reading the last couple of pages here, so I'll definitely go back and check it out before watching ep 2 at least. Appreciate the insights =03.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-05, 21:00   Link #86
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I see. Well its not as if I didn't enjoy the episode, but rather, was just confused at the lack of restrictions from a general perspective, especially in regards to the other Gundam series I've seen as a whole.
If you mean the school being carefree with battles and danger, yeah that seems to be new to everyone right now lol. There's nothing anywhere that explicitly explains the rules yet, if any.

I suspect/hope they will elaborate it more in Episode 2 or future episodes. For the moment, I can let it go cos Episode 1 been setting up Suletta rescueing Miorine from death, arriving at the school, stopping bullies, getting engaged and setting up the basic winner takes all duel culture. Your usual first day transfer student shananigans.
Old 2022-10-06, 05:00   Link #87
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sejuro View Post
The main character is annoying with her manner of speaking. Sadly, another Gundam for children. It seems UC is the only timeline worth watching, for me anyway.
First of all, if you think this Gundam is for children I think you might need to wait until later into the series before you make that assumption. Also, when you're introvert (like me) and did not have any other human association except for her mother. It is going to be hard to interact with other people (I still have that problem and I about to turn 43 tomorrow) especially kids her age (when she was in the cockpit, she spoke normally versus when she is not in the cockpit).

But I really like this take on Gundam, it is out of the box and gives homage to Utena (very good series). I like to see where this series goes.
Old 2022-10-06, 08:23   Link #88
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
First of all, if you think this Gundam is for children I think you might need to wait until later into the series before you make that assumption. Also, when you're introvert (like me) and did not have any other human association except for her mother. It is going to be hard to interact with other people (I still have that problem and I about to turn 43 tomorrow) especially kids her age (when she was in the cockpit, she spoke normally versus when she is not in the cockpit).

But I really like this take on Gundam, it is out of the box and gives homage to Utena (very good series). I like to see where this series goes.
It'll be interesting to both see how this show turns out and how people respond to it. Personally I can empathize with the girl's struggles with interacting and how this episode went for her. But, I can also agree with the angle of anyone finding her frustrating. Being believable isn't always more important than being tolerable, especially in a show with giant robots.

And personally didn't like Utena so if they go really hard on the homages that will probably not give it bonus points for me. Though I can imagine it absolutely will for others.

So far I think it had a really strong prologue and a middle of the road first episode. So will be interesting to see what direction this show goes in.
Old 2022-10-06, 09:51   Link #89
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

I actually find Suletta more annoying as a four year old than as a 16 year old. I really really cannot stand the way she talks in the Prologue. I was fine with her talking in Episode 1 though we shall see how I feel about it as the series progresses and how much of it stays/changes. I might start to get annoyed by it eventually.

She's seen to be capable of talking normally when she's not nervous so I suspect for now they'll weed it out of her as the series progresses.
Old 2022-10-06, 10:42   Link #90
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post

I remember the Utena anime being quite "surreal" and I doubt this show is going to use that or the general "fantasy" mood.

Anyway, I wonder if the Prologue was added a bit later in the overall planning, partly to give some background so that we feel sympathy for the MC and her side and also partly to set viewer expectations correctly. If you only watch ep 1 and not ep 0 then you might guess that the rest of the series will be more of the same but with ep 0 it does provide a reasonable expectation that things will get darker and the setting will expand far beyond "high school hijinks".
kari-no-sugata II is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-08, 23:04   Link #91
Alchemist007
*Author

Oh boy I sure do love Utena.

*Goes through the rest of the thread*

Oh.
Old 2022-10-09, 04:29   Link #92
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Boys? Screw that! I want a female Char-clone!
Well, looks like my wish has been granted in episode 2. We got ourselves a Char-mama .
Old 2022-10-09, 05:04   Link #93
kuroyanagi

Yeah, if anyone had any doubts, the VA gave it away.
Spoiler for Lady Prospera:

I laughed out loud at how much of a sham that hearing was "It's a Gundam because I say so!" If that's how things go on daily for the Beneritt group, then it's all the more impressive that Miorine managed to hold her ground against Delling. She probably earned some brownie points from many representatives for saying out loud what everybody thought but nobody dared to say with that "hypocritical loser!".

And - I'm really trying not to focus on the yuri angle, but the part where Suletta half-accidentally tackle-hugged Miorine put a smile on my face.
kuroyanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-09, 05:16   Link #94
ryllharu

This episode just completely flew by.

It should also assuage some of the fears and concerns that this was a school drama gundam series. They immediately jumped back into corporate and social strata politics.

Chuchu was the one fuming and yelling about how Terrans get treated, but that stoic and silent shot at Nika's back? She's the one who's truly infuriated at how they get treated.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-09, 05:21   Link #95
Router25
World Connector. I think

Looks like GUND drones are back in the menu boys!
Old 2022-10-09, 05:22   Link #96
Marina2

Ep.2

Welp, news about Gundam sure goes around quickly and Suletta get captured for interrogating instantly. Fortunately, look like all of these events was planned ahead by Lady Prospera who I assume to be Suletta's mother to convince the business group to accept Gunda- *ahem* Ariel's technology.

It's nice to see How much Miorine care about Suletta but look like she already gotten a love rival.

BTW, MOD, how about you combine two discussion threads together.
Old 2022-10-09, 05:47   Link #97
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Ep.2

Welp, news about Gundam sure goes around quickly and Suletta get captured for interrogating instantly. Fortunately, look like all of these events was planned ahead by Lady Prospera who I assume to be Suletta's mother to convince the business group to accept Gunda- *ahem* Ariel's technology.

It's nice to see How much Miorine care about Suletta but look like she already gotten a love rival.

BTW, MOD, how about you combine two discussion threads together.
Elan most likely has a mobile suit, Miorine can't even pilot one properly. Good luck winning that duel for Suletta. XD
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-09, 05:56   Link #98
EroKing

Episode 2

Mommy to the rescue!

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-13 at 08:01.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-09, 06:45   Link #99
Twi

My review of the episode is done.
Old 2022-10-09, 06:57   Link #100
Kazu-kun

This episode felt like it was really short. I guess that's just how much I was enjoying all this stuff.

So yeah, the concerns about bringing a Gundam to the school were definitely addressed here. And as expected, it's gonna be resolved in a duel. I wonder if Dellin will pilot a mobile suit himself or will send someone in his place. Miorine was the one who challenged him but it looks like Sulleta will fight in her place. That's odd but I guess it's to be expected since Miorine is totally useless in a mobile suit. lol

I've gotta confess I thought Miorine was gonna ditch Sulleta and escape to Earth. I'm glad she didn't. She's gonna have to win some points quickly because Elan has picked an interest in Sulleta too. lol

So, can we assume the red mobile suit at the end is Dellin's??

Also, I just realized all this is probably Elnora's scheme to have Dellin fight a due against Sulleta. Does she want Sulleta to kill him? Is that what her revenge plan is about? But it would too early for that, right?