AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2020-05-30, 20:52   Link #4301
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Speaking of Volumes, there's something else I've been wondering for a while now.

Spoiler for Vol. 13 Question(s):
Spoiler for Answers:
Old 2020-05-31, 01:02   Link #4302
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post
Spoiler for Answers:
Spoiler for Response and more Question(s):

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2020-05-31 at 01:12.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-21, 15:46   Link #4303
DQueenie13

Because I wrote the volumes 12-14 summaries a long time ago and they're embarrassingly bad, I'm starting to go through and rewrite my old spoiler posts to fill in details. I'll make a single post that links to all of them once I'm done, so I won't spam the channel and people won't have to dig through this thread's backlog to find them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Spoiler for Response and more Question(s):
I'm guessing Syosetu (the web novel) is blocked in your country, because reading it for yourself, even with a terribad Google Translation, would answer your questions a lot faster than a second-hand account. I'm still not sure what you're trying to get out of these questions, so these answers are to the best of my ability. And don't forget that these are only drafts for the final versions, so entire sections can be added or rewritten. Just because these are the answers now, doesn't mean it'll be true for the light novel version or the anime.

Spoiler:
Old 2020-07-18, 06:07   Link #4304
tuckersister

Are there any other characters that support Shiroe and Akatsuki being a couple?
tuckersister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-13, 09:34   Link #4305
DQueenie13

Volume 12 has been relisted on Amazon JP for a September 30 release date, but considering no official channel has made any announcement, it's highly unlikely. (FWIW that seems like a placeholder date, considering that's the same date they gave last year.)
Old 2020-10-09, 11:16   Link #4306
DQueenie13

Some new developments:

Volume 12 announcement soon, perhaps? (The artbook was announced yesterday, and New Land of Adventure today.)
Old 2020-10-12, 14:13   Link #4307
tsunade666

this is one huge delay.
Old 2020-10-12, 18:32   Link #4308
DarkJak2050

So this is a big sign telling one thing;

Mamare & Kadokawa had content ready for release, but they wanted to wait on Season 3 to open the gates for them.

As great news as those are, my main concerns now are if Mamare learned his lesson from his Tax Evasion scandal and if he's going to keep it all together this time. The Tax Evasion scandal probably forced him & Kadokawa to keep "an extremely low profile", which is probably why there were little to no official Light Novel volumes being printed between Late 2015 to now.

If Mamare gets in trouble with something like that again, or with something else that's just as bad (at minimum), it could be the end of Log Horizon.

1st time they may let it go; but the 2nd time, maybe not as much.

Edited 1/11/2021:

Sorry for the late response, DQueenie13.
Spoiler for Response to DQueenie13:

I asked these because I thought that to properly portray these fights when the anime covers them would call for them to have great quality animation.

But then again, with NHK putting Log Horizon's anime on a kids/family tv channel (NHK-Educational), those fights are probably not going to get the great quality animation they deserve.

Great quality animation does make a fight scene great, but at the same time it tends to make it look "too intense" and/or "too violent". And for a kids/family tv channel like NHK-Educational, it can't show anything that are "too intense" and/or "too violent".

So expect to see more of the "power point, slide-show animation" for Log Horizon's fights. All because NHK made the anime a kids/family show and put it on a tv channel to "match" it.

When the series is meant for teens and adults...

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2021-01-12 at 01:30.
Old 2021-01-27, 12:47   Link #4309
Twi

Can someone tell me which volume of the current season of the anime starts on? I'm curious about the subplot, so I'll take spoilers if you got them too.
Old 2021-01-28, 06:00   Link #4310
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Can someone tell me which volume of the current season of the anime starts on? I'm curious about the subplot, so I'll take spoilers if you got them too.
Season 3 is supposed to cover content from Vol. 11-13 of the source material.

However, Vol. 11 is part of the Side-Plot focused on Kanami's group in the Chinese server. To start season 3 off with Vol. 11's content would've thrown everybody off because at this point, everyone is used to seeing Shiroe & company as the main characters/cast of the series. And it would make people think that season 3 will have a new cast of main characters with a separate story.

To prevent this, season 3 starts off with content from Vol. 12; which is also the "moniker" of season 3's name. Starting it off with Vol. 12's content helps everyone to get "reacquainted" with Shiroe & company, while at the same time focusing on the matter at hand since this takes place shortly after where season 2 ended.

I'll abstain from mentioning Vol. 13's content because that'll be the last part of season 3.

The short version to answer your question: it starts off with Vol. 12. Then Vol. 11 is most likely to be after that, with Vol. 13 to wrap up the season.
Old 2021-01-28, 12:39   Link #4311
Twi

Thank you.
Old 2021-01-30, 00:01   Link #4312
DarkJak2050

Whoa. What is this right here?

https://twitter.com/harapand/status/...280128/photo/1

Spoiler for Possible Illustration for Vol. 12?:
Old 2021-02-10, 08:43   Link #4313
tuckersister

Any progress with the WN? I’m looking forward to Shiroe’s confrontation with Indictus.
Old 2021-03-24, 15:35   Link #4314
DQueenie13

This is not the web novel update people might come looking for, but some interesting stuff from Hara Kazuhiro's artbook that came out on March 10 (I just got my physical preordered copy today):

Volume 12 is more or less completely finished as far as illustrations go, and most of them were posted in the artbook alongside the volume cover + inside jacket. We're just waiting for Kadokawa to give the go-ahead, as far as I can tell. (Though amusingly, the artbook also got delayed by roughly a month due to "insufficient editing," whatever that meant.)

Volume 13 didn't get a cover or illustration reveal, but there are character sketches for the Akiba Guild Hall Raid Party alongside sketches Hara made for the anime. There's a few colored illustrations that aren't explicitly part of Volume 13, but given the featured characters + composition, it's highly likely to be part of Vol13's illustrations whenever it gets published.

Volumes 15 and 16 got their Re:Fraction story snippets added to the end of the book. Nothing was posted in regards to Volume 14, however -- no illustration teasers, no character sketches, etc. (And, naturally, there's been no web novel update either.)
Old 2021-03-29, 07:22   Link #4315
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post
This is not the web novel update people might come looking for, but some interesting stuff from Hara Kazuhiro's artbook that came out on March 10 (I just got my physical preordered copy today):

Volume 12 is more or less completely finished as far as illustrations go, and most of them were posted in the artbook alongside the volume cover + inside jacket. We're just waiting for Kadokawa to give the go-ahead, as far as I can tell. (Though amusingly, the artbook also got delayed by roughly a month due to "insufficient editing," whatever that meant.)

Volume 13 didn't get a cover or illustration reveal, but there are character sketches for the Akiba Guild Hall Raid Party alongside sketches Hara made for the anime. There's a few colored illustrations that aren't explicitly part of Volume 13, but given the featured characters + composition, it's highly likely to be part of Vol13's illustrations whenever it gets published.

Volumes 15 and 16 got their Re:Fraction story snippets added to the end of the book. Nothing was posted in regards to Volume 14, however -- no illustration teasers, no character sketches, etc. (And, naturally, there's been no web novel update either.)
As always, thank you for the updates

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-30, 21:56   Link #4316
DarkJak2050

So all-in-all, it's still a mess when it comes to the Light Novels being released... Especially, Volume 12.
Old 2021-04-03, 05:25   Link #4317
tuckersister

Will the main story still continue? It’s already near the end arc. I want to know what is with Roe2 currently.
Old 2021-04-10, 11:12   Link #4318
tsunade666

This is licensed right? I haven't heard any news on english book release for years. Any updates on that part?
Old 2021-04-14, 22:53   Link #4319
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
This is licensed right? I haven't heard any news on english book release for years. Any updates on that part?
It's still licensed for English release, but there hasn't been any substantial news/update lately. Especially on a release date for Vol. 12 (both in Japanese and English).

That particular volume always seems to be getting shafted. It's been held back not once, but twice. It was originally slated for Summer 2018, then pushed back to Sept. 2019. Only to get yanked at the last minute with no further notice/update on it, let alone a new release date. And there's still currently nothing on Vol. 12.

The only other news/update in terms of the whole franchise was the Side-Story: New Land of Adventure novel getting official publication. That shared the same release date as the 3rd season of the anime (Jan. 13, 2021).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
Will the main story still continue? It’s already near the end arc. I want to know what is with Roe2 currently.
In terms of the main story, there's still no news/update. And if you watched season 3, then don't expect any "new content" coming out in the Light Novels any time soon. Because season 3 covered Vol. 11-13. And who knows when Vol. 12 & 13 will be published as Light Novels before we see "new content" in Vol. 14 (even that remains incomplete. It's been on halt since 2018).

If you look at it as a big picture (including what's happened "behind the scenes"), this whole series is a mess right now.
Old 2021-05-05, 07:10   Link #4320
tuckersister

Is author going to finish the story? It’s already getting close to the final arc.

Tags
alternate reality, database, economics, political theory, spoilers