AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-04-05, 06:59   Link #1
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Resident Evil : Afterlife

Here it comes , the new trailer for the 4th Resident Evil movies .
After :

Resident Evil which is still the best and is the movie which are very close to the game.
Resident Evil : Apocalypse where they screwed up with Nemisis .
Resident Evil : Extinction .... wth , we are going to far away from the game dude ...

And Now watch the new trailer for Resident Evil : Afterlife !

Ok , Release Date = 10 September 2010 USA .

- The name of this movie "Afterlife" is the same working title that was used in the previous movie before it became "Extinction".

- This is the first live-action movie based on a video game to be in 3-D.

A little summary :

In a world ravaged by a virus infection, turning its victims into the Undead, Alice (Milla Jovovich), continues on her journey to find survivors and lead them to safety. Her deadly battle with the Umbrella Corporation reaches new heights, but Alice gets some unexpected help from an old friend. A new lead that promises a safe haven from the Undead takes them to Los Angeles, but when they arrive the city is overrun by thousands of Undead - and Alice and her comrades are about to step into a deadly trap.

Old Friend = I guess it's CHRIS .

Principal Cast :

Already in the previous movie(s) :

Milla Jovovich -> Alice

Ali Larter -> Claire Redfield

Spencer Locke -> K-Mart

New characters :

Kim Coates -> Bennett

Kacey Barnfield -> Crystal

Boris Kodjoe -> The leader of L.A.'s survivors

Norman Yeung -> Kim Yong

Sergio Peris-Mencheta -> Angel Ortiz

For the surprise :

Shawn Roberts -> Albert Wesker
They changed the actor , previously it was Jason O'Mara

AND --------->

Wentworth Miller -> Chris Redfield

L . O . L
RES meets Prison Break well dunno if we still can consider as a Resident Evil series ...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 07:06   Link #2
Riot Machine
Bassist Christ

Send a message via AIM to Riot Machine Send a message via MSN to Riot Machine
Oh wow. Love it
I know it gets far from the game but.....I'm really likin` the story lol

My Year is MAdddEEEE
Riot Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 08:11   Link #3
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

The monster looks kind of similar to the one in RE 5 isn't it?

Playing it now btw... Longbow rule ^^
Old 2010-04-05, 08:35   Link #4
Black0raz0r
Red vs Blue

Send a message via MSN to Black0raz0r
fucking great
like it
cant wait for the movie

I think i go, watch Resi: Extinction and play Resi5 on Xbox360
Old 2010-04-05, 09:01   Link #5
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
This is just like Resident Evil 5 where Claire meets (Whatever it was? Majini?) & Wesker throwing his glasses just like where he encountered Chris & Sheva in the game?

And what is this? In 3D? I wonder how do we make our own 3D glasses in order to watch some 3D movies like AVATAR & Final Destination?
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 11:00   Link #6
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
She's back.. OMG she's back XD IECK!
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 12:25   Link #7
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
This is just like Resident Evil 5 where Claire meets (Whatever it was? Majini?) & Wesker throwing his glasses just like where he encountered Chris & Sheva in the game?

And what is this? In 3D? I wonder how do we make our own 3D glasses in order to watch some 3D movies like AVATAR & Final Destination?
Wesker isn't the first to throw his glasses. The "bitch in the red dress" did it first back in RE4.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 12:37   Link #8
james0246

The Resident Evil film series is a bit of a guilty pleasure (mostly because of the unrequited crush I developed for Milla Jovovich after seeing Fifth Element many a year ago ), so I’ll definitely go and see the film when it comes out...

Last edited by james0246; 2010-04-05 at 13:37.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 12:43   Link #9
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Wesker isn't the first to throw his glasses. The "bitch in the red dress" did it first back in RE4.
You mean Ada wong.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 13:41   Link #10
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
You mean Ada wong.
Technically speaking yes, she threw hers on the floor.

Actually I was hoping they would feature the in-game jokes like Jill sandwich and master of unlocking.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-04-05, 13:44   Link #11
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Looks cool, though I see a few Matrix sequences in there. And despite the fact that the movies go away from the game quite a bit, I still thought they were cool.

Actually, I'm impressed that they are disconnecting from the game on such a level. Most producers in Hollywood don't even have the balls to not make direct adaptations of games and books nowadays.
Old 2010-04-05, 13:46   Link #12
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Looks cool, though I see a few Matrix sequences in there. And despite the fact that the movies go away from the game quite a bit, I still thought they were cool.

Actually, I'm impressed that they are disconnecting from the game on such a level. Most producers in Hollywood don't even have the balls to not make direct adaptations of games and books nowadays.
Then I hope for a game. I am a sucker for the RE series.

Old 2010-04-05, 13:47   Link #13
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Then I hope for a game. I am a sucker for the RE series.
Yeah, me too. I played the games and I still thought the movies were at least above average. We don't get many movies set in post-apocalyptic settings, so it's always fun to watch them when they do come out.
Old 2010-04-05, 13:52   Link #14
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Yeah, me too. I played the games and I still thought the movies were at least above average. We don't get many movies set in post-apocalyptic settings, so it's always fun to watch them when they do come out.
The games somehow lost its taste after CV. But I do love the bugs present in the first 3. It gives you the opportunity to think out of the box, and the idea of "running to his right" in RE3, whoever thought of that bossfight is just plain brilliant, thought it takes a sadist with a lot of patience to bring that big man down with a knife .

And like real survival horror, it teaches you how to really conserve ammo and health kits. Heck in RE1, you don't even have enough ammo to fight the first 3 dogs at the start!

Old 2010-04-05, 14:08   Link #15
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

In my opinions the last two movies were terrible (Yes, I'm still angry for the way they screwed Nemesis). Now we see the hammer boss from RE5 plus Crausser, let's see how this cames out.
Old 2010-04-05, 14:11   Link #16
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
The monster looks kind of similar to the one in RE 5 isn't it?

Playing it now btw... Longbow rule ^^

Yeah , i was thinking about it too . The big guy with the hammer ^^

Quote:

Yep in 3D , not surprising , these days 3D are very popular and Producer who can afford it , can put it on their movies .
Just buy 3D glass at Store .

Anyway , I'm surprised that no one was concerned about :

"Wentworth Miller -> Chris Redfield" !
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 16:15   Link #17
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

this movie already looks bad but has some hope in it. the only things that can make this a F- movie are

if Wesker

1. gets killed in a shitty way
2. Doesnt kick so much ass
3. Act bad ass
4. does his matrix dodging (like in RE5)

this movie sucks

if Chris doesnt/isnt

1. buff
2. kick ass
3. kick ass

this movie sucks

if Alice

1. Oh wait she sucks anyways
2. steals anyones spotlight like she did in RE2
3. is still OP

This movie sucks.

If this movie sucks this is whats gonna happen to the director http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xuXk...eature=related
Old 2010-04-05, 16:48   Link #18
Haladflire65
*Artist

Wow, another one? This time in 3D? I hope it's entertaining, at least. I watched the first three on Japanese TV in Japanese dub which was very amusing indeed, but I'm really not sure about this one... Can't they just leave franchises alone these days??
Old 2010-04-05, 17:53   Link #19
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
Wow, another one? This time in 3D? I hope it's entertaining, at least. I watched the first three on Japanese TV in Japanese dub which was very amusing indeed, but I'm really not sure about this one... Can't they just leave franchises alone these days??
Nope. Hollywood is currently too cowardly to attempt any original scripts due to the unstable state of the economy. They are sticking to franchises because they are guaranteed profit on some level, if for no other reason that they can draw from a pre-existing fanbase.

With the exception of movies like Avatar, don't expect many movies that don't draw heavily from an established source, such as a book series. It seems to me that anime happens to be the current object of butchery.

Let's be frank, though. Any movie adaption of a video game is almost guaranteed to be butchered. The two media simply don't translate well, unlike books or comics. That, and I seriously doubt that any of the producers or directors of the films have even played the games they are basing their movies on.

I just pray they don't try to make a movie adaption of Knights of the Old Republic or Mass Effect. I would probably have to kill myself if that ever happened.
Old 2010-04-05, 18:12   Link #20
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

they were never supposed to follow the game i think. in that regard, the third movie was the best.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote