AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-12-10, 01:30   Link #181
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Sure you can. Incapacitate Kira and Lacus somehow. Make it a critical plot point, with the protagonist having to rescue the two of them somehow. Kira and Lacus are still in the show, they are still important to the series, but they can't hijack the show, so to speak, and you can have some awesome final battle with Kira and the protagonist fighting side by side at the end of it for the grand finale.

EDIT: After reading this statement of mine, it is obvious to me that I have not slept nearly enough.
Old 2010-12-10, 01:38   Link #182
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Sure you can.
History says you can't. I've read complaints on every single gundam series. Even if everybody likes your scenario on Kira and Lacus (which I doubt), there'll probably be other things some won't like about the series.

But the way I see it, having Kira and Lacus be the central focus would not be one of my complaints necessarily. Though it might be for others.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 04:49   Link #183
rakusukira

the way Destiny ended, it's impossible for Kira and Lacus not to be involved in a major problem.. Lacus plays a prominent role in the PLANTS and Kira is a Commanding Officer of ZAFT so it's very likely that the problem will circle around both of them..

but really, why do the boys have to get all the girls to like them..? throw in a new guy that will compete for Lacus' affections.. probably the main antagonist of the story.. now that would be interesting.. and yes, they need to be humanized.. GSD just took all the life out of them..

that is, if, it's going to be another SEED series..

but i truly wish it'd be a sequel to Unicorn with Banagher and Mineva as main cast.. I'm so liking this pair
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 06:07   Link #184
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

geez why still got beef on kira lacus cause of what

1.kira yamato will not die clause aka soch hoshi

2.loyal fans base yea till now GS still kicking

3.Lacus power really pink hair blue eyes & Strand voice still well known.

really like you're saying another GS series?

IF it's more GS there let see what IF another GS

1.3rd season or GS movie (yea still owe a GS movie)

2.spinoff new characters turns

3.prequal (pull a Caprica on the GS past)

4.reboot/restart of GS.

hmm well give as long one thing must happen have main lead gundam pilot protagnist be a WOMAN.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 06:28   Link #185
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
but i truly wish it'd be a sequel to Unicorn with Banagher and Mineva as main cast.. I'm so liking this pair
Impossible that means that the sequel would start before Unicorn OVA itself is finished... yeh not going to work.

Anyway about a Victory Gundam compilation movie!

Yeh even more impossible than a sequel to Unicorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Latest tweet by Okawara mentioned that the new series is either outright UC or something close to that timeline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
His reply was like :-

"Apologies, but I can't comment much at this point.....Perhaps UC?"

Oh, and Deacon was the one who pop the question on what the project was about.
Assuming Okawara isn't merely saying 'UC?' to troll the fans, how about a sequel to the Zeta compilation movies? Considering the movie has a different ending and pretty much creates an Alternate UC timeline in which fan favourite characters are still alive and everyone's favourite Zeon is still a respectable force. They could even resell the same models under a different name! It's perfect for Bandai I'm sure.
I don't think Tomino will be amused by it though. ;p
Old 2010-12-10, 07:07   Link #186
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
1.It would be funnier if the new main character has many similarities with Kira from SEED's first half and then some. His love interest looks like fllay: A Strike-Like Mobile suit
2. It would be epic if this guy with the above description would kill Kira finally.
1. No.

2. Hell no.

Once again, if they feel the need to leave the old cast out of it, they can easily do so without inciting fanrage by just timeskipping ahead to a time where they'd all have died of old age.

Perhaps throw in their children/grandchildren as supporting characters, and call it a day.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 08:30   Link #187
winter45

Quote:
1.It would be funnier if the new main character has many similarities with Kira from SEED's first half and then some. His love interest looks like fllay: A Strike-Like Mobile suit
2. It would be epic if this guy with the above description would kill Kira finally.
1 YES

2 AND HELL YES

This would make my CE enjoyment rise by 1000 fold.

Just with option 1 need new main to steal kira's pink haired GF infront of kira, that would top it off for me

in a more serious note.. Im sure there are ways that you can make kira and lacus to become undesireable and have a new cast to surpass them in the fight for righteous. After all there are people of creative minds out there that can make this transition feel natural without making it feel forced.
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 09:24   Link #188
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
in a more serious note.. Im sure there are ways that you can make kira and lacus to become undesireable and have a new cast to surpass them in the fight for righteous. After all there are people of creative minds out there that can make this transition feel natural without making it feel forced.
It's a sure sign of a lack of creativity if you have to make the old undesirable in order to make way for the new.
Old 2010-12-10, 09:24   Link #189
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
hey guys, how about a Gundam series which involves the human characters THEMSELVES transform/turn into Gundams, Brave Command Dagwon-style?
to celebrate the anniversary of Mobile Fighter G Gundam?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 09:29   Link #190
Sander RX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
hey guys, how about a Gundam series which involves the human characters THEMSELVES transform/turn into Gundams, Brave Command Dagwon-style?
to celebrate the anniversary of Mobile Fighter G Gundam?
I know of a better way to celebrate G Gundam's anniversary,that being delivering a promised sequel.

Come to think of it,most of G Gundam's designs were Okawara's work,weren't they?
Sander RX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 09:36   Link #191
winter45

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
It's a sure sign of a lack of creativity if you have to make the old undesirable in order to make way for the new.
can you please explain where does it state being creative strictly applies that an established model must stay the same?

Being creative can also be used to destroy to recreate for the better

Undesirable is a harsh word i used, but for me it will be for the better, notice this is just my opinion.
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 09:53   Link #192
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Once again, if they feel the need to leave the old cast out of it, they can easily do so without inciting fanrage by just timeskipping ahead to a time where they'd all have died of old age.
The problem with it is that you miss alot. Look at how UC slipped with F91, and then Victory when it comes to the overall fanbase, people always ask what happened in between F91 and CCA, which is why we have Unicorn. We are just going to delay the inevitable.

If we say that Kira and Lacus died of old age, and never of war, it would mean that CE should be relatively finished by then. Also, it would even enrage more fans if they go out in a whimper.

I say that the only direction we have right now, that's passable for everyone is to get on with the third series/movie/whatever to wrap up Kira and co.'s arc.

I'd rather have Kira die fighting for what he believes in then to go out in a whimper.
Old 2010-12-10, 10:08   Link #193
tetsuo69

what about a G Gen series with all the gundams but not chibi it would be kool to have main chars from different series fight each others
Old 2010-12-10, 10:39   Link #194
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
can you please explain where does it state being creative strictly applies that an established model must stay the same?

Being creative can also be used to destroy to recreate for the better

Undesirable is a harsh word i used, but for me it will be for the better, notice this is just my opinion.
It's taking the easy way out. You're saying that you can't make new characters be desirable on their own merits without having to make the old characters be undesirable.
Old 2010-12-10, 10:57   Link #195
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
It's taking the easy way out. You're saying that you can't make new characters be desirable on their own merits without having to make the old characters be undesirable.
No, that's not it. It's the blending that counts. Kira and Lacus don't quite blend well with the other characters, story element-wise. Because everyone wants it to be the Kira Yamato and Lacus Clyne Show™. The perception for other characters have vanished. I'm not saying that the new character

But this isn't just a CE thread though. The qualms of many to have a female main for a series should be heard.
Old 2010-12-10, 11:32   Link #196
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
If anything, choosing to not touch the old casts and just leave them at where they are is taking the easy way out. It's not easy to destroy what you took your time to build, and by choosing just leave it there and not touch again is a sign of uncreative.
Old 2010-12-10, 17:49   Link #197
monster

Quote:
No, that's not it. It's the blending that counts. Kira and Lacus don't quite blend well with the other characters, story element-wise. Because everyone wants it to be the Kira Yamato and Lacus Clyne Show™. The perception for other characters have vanished. I'm not saying that the new character
Well then it's up to the director/writers/etc to build up the other characters so that a sufficient amount of their audience can notice them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
If anything, choosing to not touch the old casts and just leave them at where they are is taking the easy way out. It's not easy to destroy what you took your time to build, and by choosing just leave it there and not touch again is a sign of uncreative.
Who says anything about not touching the old casts? In fact it takes more creativity to further develop an already established character than it is to give up and destroy (as winter45 puts it) and start over. Moreover, when we're talking about new characters, it also takes more creativity to endear them to the audience in the presence of older favorites than it is to ruin the perception of old characters.

Just look at Shinn and Kira in GSD. Fukuda seemingly managed to alienate Kira within a group of vocal internet fans while seemingly not being able to endear Shinn to his target audience. Tomino managed with his characters by having them all fight on the same side and having the older characters not being there for a significant amount of time.
Old 2010-12-10, 18:20   Link #198
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Well then it's up to the director/writers/etc to build up the other characters so that a sufficient amount of their audience can notice them.
I quite agree. But if it is a CE series, who do you think is adept to being faithful to Fukuda's concept, while being able to bring out the best in the characters?
Quote:
Tomino managed with his characters by having them all fight on the same side and having the older characters not being there for a significant amount of time.
This. I would think that Fukuda's fault is that he listened too much on the voices of the audience.He chose not to go on with what was readily available to him. I've heard many people saying that they should have stuck with Destiny being a parallel Zeta with so many similar things, then deviate during the second half. It's a formula that made SEED somewhat successful.

Also, if they really wanted Kira and Lacus to take the spotlight more, they should have expounded their scenes into something. I mean Lacus should've been portrayed as someone who has sufficient knowledge; but then the direction of ep.39 was all over the place. They could've at least expounded on what Lacus thinks of the Destiny Plan or her analyzing the notebook. Remove the scene where Athrun is *prodding* Kira to save Lacus, then have the deduction scene replace it. It would look better as we do not see the Strike-Booster launching, and it would add a surprise factor. Leave the first half of the episode for Lacus to decipher what was in the notebook's contents.

Also Kira's focus on the first half shouldn't have been just one problem, it should've been two. They should have been shown at least learning basic background information about Gilbert, and what he is in the public eye, then from Terminal information.

Had that happened, at least most of the people here won't cry foul when it comes to Lacus being PLANT chairman.
Old 2010-12-10, 18:26   Link #199
monster

Quote:
I quite agree. But if it is a CE series, who do you think is adept to being faithful to Fukuda's concept, while being able to bring out the best in the characters?
Well, that's where creativity comes in, doesn't it?
Quote:
This. I would think that Fukuda's fault is that he listened too much on the voices of the audience.He chose not to go on with what was readily available to him. I've heard many people saying that they should have stuck with Destiny being a parallel Zeta with so many similar things, then deviate during the second half. It's a formula that made SEED somewhat successful.

Also, if they really wanted Kira and Lacus to take the spotlight more, they should have expounded their scenes into something. I mean Lacus should've been portrayed as someone who has sufficient knowledge; but then the direction of ep.39 was all over the place. They could've at least expounded on what Lacus thinks of the Destiny Plan or her analyzing the notebook. Remove the scene where Athrun is *prodding* Kira to save Lacus, then have the deduction scene replace it. It would look better as we do not see the Strike-Booster launching, and it would add a surprise factor. Leave the first half of the episode for Lacus to decipher what was in the notebook's contents.

Had that happened, at least most of the people here won't cry foul when it comes to Lacus being PLANT chairman.
Destiny certainly could be executed much better. But as to how, I'll leave that for another thread. This thread is about a future gundam series, not the past or what could've been.
Old 2010-12-10, 18:34   Link #200
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

If it UC Gundam Sentinel or Cross Bones, If CE Astray ( IMHO Lowe and Gai are way interesting characters than Kira and Athran.)

If Movie compilation UC hmm..... Double Zeta ??
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote