Aestivalises 9 40.91%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-06-07, 22:22   Link #61
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch
C.A that same technology was used in Gundam Wing.
You mean the ZERO system? Or is it something else?

The ZERO system feeds the pilot with data and helps the pilot predict battle situations and strategies and maneuvers to take.

The IFS is just a control system, where your thoughts are instantly transformed into commands for the machine you're piloting. The IFS system is used on all sorts of vehicles, cars, trucks, excavtors, planes, ships etc.

Extra: I saw you type something about 'Ruri' the White Fairy, a sudden Haruhi reflex suddenly came to me:

Spoiler:
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 22:29   Link #62
tritoch

Yeah, I changed it.

Ruri.. mechaverse
Yuki.. dataverse
Rei.. Shinjiverse

She's mah fave girl from the Nadesico crew.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 22:31   Link #63
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

With Ruri around, she can probably take down entire MS platoons without doing damage. Her hacking and disabling skills are unmatched the mecha universe lol.

Ruri is the Yuki equilvalent in the mecha universe.
Nono of Top2 is the Haruhi equilvalent in the mecha universe.

Old 2006-06-07, 22:34   Link #64
tritoch

C.A, I meant the epyon in Gundam Wing has that system. Heh, It hax into your brain and eliminate all your doubts allowing you to fight 100% all the time.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 22:38   Link #65
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
C.A, I meant the epyon in Gundam Wing has that system. Heh, It hax into your brain and eliminate all your doubts allowing you to fight 100% all the time.
Hmmm I thought Epyon uses ZERO system as well?

But still its very different from the Aestivalis's IFS.

Your system provides input to the brain, but IFS is the brain providing input to the mech.

Old 2006-06-07, 22:45   Link #66
yamikage

Quote:
What are you talking about? Epyon's and Zero System are very similar; almost the same except for their names, in fact.

It's very different from Aestivalises. Nanomachines allow the pilots to directly control the Aestvalis as if they were the pilots' bodies. They're different beasts altogether.

I just remembered: the only time a Gundam pwned Black Serena was when I played ACE with my brother. The only reason Black Serena lost to Nu Gundam was because the Black Serena had terrible accuracy with its weapons. Even with that, Nu got almost beaten if my bro connected with Gekigan Flare instead of going towards the dummy I deployed. Dummies ftw!
yamikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 22:50   Link #67
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

lol Nanomachines again, I forgot that its in Nadesico as well, no wonder only Turn A is said to be able to fight Aestivalises. Nanomachines technology pwns everything else in the mecha universe.

Also lol nice battle there

Old 2006-06-08, 06:03   Link #68
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Yeah, but if you are more than 5 seconds away from it in any direction, "That's your a$$$$$$$$$$, Mr. Postman!!!" - Pops (Line from the movie "Friday")
I think you misunderstand Boson Jumping...

It's not simply like teleporting or warping from point A to point B which could take 6 seconds for the entire process, its arriving at point B before actually leaving point A (time shifting). When a ship or Aesti unit Boson Jumps it simply doesn't change position, it changes time. A skilled Boson Jumper, with a strong enough Distortion Field and CC supply is actually able to jump through time to any point desired (Ai-chan jumped several thousand years into the past while Akito's best is one week).

For a Class A Boson jumper, 4.8 seconds is the same as eternity. They just need enough time to visualize when and where they wish to go, BAM, they're there.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 07:40   Link #69
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
I think you misunderstand Boson Jumping...

It's not simply like teleporting or warping from point A to point B which could take 6 seconds for the entire process, its arriving at point B before actually leaving point A (time shifting). When a ship or Aesti unit Boson Jumps it simply doesn't change position, it changes time. A skilled Boson Jumper, with a strong enough Distortion Field and CC supply is actually able to jump through time to any point desired (Ai-chan jumped several thousand years into the past while Akito's best is one week).

For a Class A Boson jumper, 4.8 seconds is the same as eternity. They just need enough time to visualize when and where they wish to go, BAM, they're there.
Although there is one more thing to keep in mind.

Boson Jumping is only possible because, once again, there is an ancient and powerful piece of technology that allows it. I don't want to spoil it for people who haven't seen the series, but suffice to say this near miraculous ability to travel across space and time is a gift from an extinct alien race, like every other major piece of technology in Nadesico. Boson Jumping won't be possible outside the Nadesico universe, because no where else has a "Boson-Jump Hub".

In effect, the Boson jumper doesn't actually teleport himself; instead, he "contact" the Hub via the CC crystals the same way modems contact internet servers. The user only tells the Hub where he wants to go, and the Hub is the one actually performing (and powering) the space/time jump.
The distortion field is merely used to make sure the teleport target survives the journey.
In truth, there is no need to kill a target via starvation; taking an unprotected mecha pilot with you in the Jump will kill the pilot instantly.

The warp technology became the major focus of the final stages of the Nadesico TV series. It was also one of the few times that a "warp-bomb" was used... A B-Jumper equiped with a bomb will Jump into an enemy warship, leave a bomb, and Jump out.

So what am I saying?

I am saying, even though a properly equiped Aestivalises could still overwhelm a Gundam via over-powering weapons and Distortion forcefield, to be fair they can't use Boson Jump in the fight. B-Jumping classifies as external assistance, as it is not powered by the mecha itself. It's cheating.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2006-06-08 at 07:59.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 11:11   Link #70
Flo
The Necessary Evil

I'm RuriRuri yes I'm the real Ruri
All you other RuriRuris are just imitating
So won't the real RuriRuri please stand up
Please stand up, please stand up.

*Ahem* Sorry

*Vote Aesti*
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote