Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-05-22, 00:49   Link #661
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by murasakiiro View Post
You could try "HOME" or "Kissabu he youkoso"
It's possible, but they aren't translated.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 15:13   Link #662
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

I really liked this title
http://myanimelist.net/manga.php?id=3288
I'm going to try that medaka box that misaofan suggested and see how it goes

Last edited by Cold~as~Ice; 2012-05-23 at 15:48.
Cold~as~Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 16:25   Link #663
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Why don't you give Orange Marmalade a shot. It's a sweet romance story between a human and a vampire. Lots of heartwarming, funny, and cute moments. One of my top five manga right now.

If you like Aku no Hana, try the authors new series called Boku wa Mari no Naka. It's about a college dropout who's interested in this girl whom he sees at a convenient store on a daily basis called his "angel". One day he wakes up only to find that he's now inside the body of his so called "angel".

Well what do you think?
Old 2012-05-25, 10:41   Link #664
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Hi there

Just got back from uni and i was willing to go for FMA: Brotherhood, when i remembered that it was yet in dl and it needs around 4h more ;_;

Oh well, i'll finish Lilim Kiss, that i had started last week and then get on FMA. Luckily from next week on, i'll be home thursday already, so i'll have more time to check out all those titles.

As far as Boku wa mari no naka goes, i'm not a fan of people entering/switching bodies or the likes; i feel like the contact between the male and the female is barely made, and it's even more wicked if the girl enters the boy's body; that would totally set me off.

Anyways, if you find any other title that has the same depth and character development as Onani Master Kurosawa, let me know. I really liked that title, because i was able to feel every of the protagonist's feelings, like his anger, hopelessness, desperation, happiness... i need more of these kind of titles, that are really able to deliver such feelings. Probably this title was successful because Kurosawa acted in a believable way, and a way most of us would have acted. Just felt nostalgic, haha
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 11:33   Link #665
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Why don't you give Chaos;Head a try again. It's not an "Matrix" has it appears to be and the more you watch the more dark and interesting it becomes.

As for the romance between the main guy and girl, it's present but it does leave a bit of an unexpected surprise and makes you wonder: why does she care for the protagonist so much, how does she know him, and what motivates her to do what she does.

It gets better and more mysterious after the first episode, and it'll leave you asking questions during or at the end of an episode trust me on this.

Well that about explains it. What do you say? Want to give it another go?
Old 2012-05-25, 20:11   Link #666
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

some of the best character development titles I have have little to no romance at all. I could suggest you some once you're finish with the titles on your list.

so how are you liking fma brotherhood and have you finished nana to kaoru or lilim kiss?

EDIT
whats the minimum number of chapters you want the titles to have because now I'm only finding titles that are still publishing but are only up to 10-16 chapters are you okay with those or do you want more chapters?

EDIT
like I said before if you are interested you can check the action manga I suggested in the previous page they are more of a boy protects girl type but they are still good.those will keep you busy while
I find more interesting romance titles because lately there hasn't been anything that has caught my attention that deserve to be mentioned.

here is an action manga that seems to be popular could this one interest you?
http://myanimelist.net/manga/8341/Code:Breaker

Last edited by Cold~as~Ice; 2012-05-25 at 22:11.
Old 2012-05-25, 22:58   Link #667
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolido17 View Post
here is an action manga that seems to be popular could this one interest you?
http://myanimelist.net/manga/8341/Code:Breaker
Strangely enough, I think CI might like that title even though I find it not that good. I’m never a fan Kamijyo Akimine who wrote that manga. I guess, I just don’t like how he over-uses the coolness aspects of his characters.

But yeah, once again, CI might check Code Breaker out and he might like it.
Old 2012-05-26, 07:28   Link #668
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Right, i forgot to update you:

I finished reading Lilim Kiss, but the ending was.... Omega-rushed? Also, it lacked any kind of depth, i expected more to be honest. It was too short anyways, and there barely was interaction with Miu, while there could have been more jealousy episodes or something on those lines. It was likeable, don't get me wrong there, but i found it a bit too short and the ending wasn't... it just looked like the author wanted to give out an happy ending, without giving much explanation or sense to the story.

Anyways, i've started FMA and i finished episode 14, and so far i liked it. Of course it isn't a romance, but that girl, Winry, is already enough of a girl to have, so i'm ok. (I guess she has some feelings for Ed, since when they once made a bet about who'd have married her, Al won but she refused... Just little things that ignite my brain, and so i'm ok even with just these little hints).

I'll be busy for this and the next week, i guess. After this, i'll get on one of those ecchi animes.

EDIT
Oh ye, i forgot: if the manga is still publishing, it'd better have many chapters (like 60+). I don't like interrupting in the middle of the story, because even if i was enjoying it, i know i won't get back to it when it's finished (because i'll have forgotten anything). It's even better if the manga is episodic, such as Yuria 100 Shiki, so even tho it's not completed, i don't feel that "hole" in the storyline. I consider 20 chapters to be short; however, it all depends whether i like the story or not: if the story has a main plot, evolves in the direction of the plot, and has a definitive ending, then it must be finished and around 40-70 chapters, i guess. If it's episodic, it can be how much long you want. Stories like Kimi no Iru Machi, even having a main plot, even developing the main plot, manage to have fuckloads of chapters, because the author is just good and knows how to entertain and never bore his readers. But that's kinda rare, i guess. That is the only case of not completed series, with a main plot and heroine, still publishing and with shitloads of chapters that didn't bother me.

TL;DR: 10-25 chapters is too short, but if it's finished then i'm ok. For the rest, the longer the better, but it must be good, or i'll get bored (Nana to Kaoru never seemed to finish, and it was getting a bit boring; it's actually that i'm not in the S&M thingie).

EDIT 2
As far as Code:Breaker is concerned, i hope that the "Convinced that killing is not right, Sakura sets out to stop him and penetrate his icy heart." is meant in a romantic way, and not that by "penetrate his heart" she meant "playing on his pity/other emotions i don't really understand" or by actually physically forcing a foreign object in his organ.
Old 2012-05-26, 08:40   Link #669
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
EDIT 2
As far as Code:Breaker is concerned, i hope that the "Convinced that killing is not right, Sakura sets out to stop him and penetrate his icy heart." is meant in a romantic way, and not that by "penetrate his heart" she meant "playing on his pity/other emotions i don't really understand" or by actually physically forcing a foreign object in his organ.
LOL, it's romantic one of course . Well, it starts from the girl's own moral drive to stop the main guy from killing people, but that moral drive grows to be much more than that. You know the drill .
Old 2012-05-27, 15:08   Link #670
Elegance

Suzuka goes far beyond the anime and is the same author as Kimi no iru machi.
Also recommend
Pastel
Umi no misaki
Elegance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 17:39   Link #671
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

I just finished FMA Brotherhood... yes i did it. Marathon King

What to say, i liked it. No, i liked every part of it. Every character was given screen, every character was developed, and for holy 64 fucking episodes. At the end of the anime, i felt like making a list of the characters i liked... but i actually liked everyone: Ed, Roy, Armstrong, Scar, and even the bad guys were so well made: Envy and Greed being the most developed characterwise, i really enjoyed them. Wrath was also a beast of character, enjoyed it. Even tho he didn't put much of a show as i hoped, Kimblee was a character i really liked from the beginning: from the very first episode i thought of him as a badass character, and he confirmed to be a smart and deadly guy. I just hoped he showed more of his firepower, but i guess he was too rusty, after being in jail for that much time. The animation was great, action scenes were awesome, the overall graphic was very good (i even got the high quality version on my PC, so it really was excellent). Ed wasn't the most powerful being in the anime, and it was actually more realistic or reasonable than other shows; tho, he had something more than physical power. It had a very good amount of... human. Yes, this anime was very able in expressing humanity. Ed was able to grow, during his journey, and i liked the whole concept of the equivalent exchange, since i am a fucking chemist. The anime just ended as i wished:
Spoiler for ending:

I'm being short here, because i'm a bit tired, but after 64 episodes that never bored me or made me yawn, i could make two or three textwalls about this anime. Once again, i really liked every character of this show, because everyone was very well developed, and i couldn't help it but to like every character in their own ways, everyone.

"Sadly" this show will take the 1st place instead of Death Note, but if i didn't know about
Spoiler for DN important spoiler:
in DN, i don't really know... probably FMA would have won anyways, for its variety of characters and for the art of being able to develop every of them.

PS: Do you remember when i said "I don't like mecha animes such as FMP or FMA" then watched FMP and said "Probably the mecha anime i didn't like was FMA, because FMP wasn't that bad"? I actually had never watched one episode of FMA. It was FMP the mecha anime that i didn't like much, and it probably was the 2nd season. FMA rocked hard, thank you.

Now now, i don't really know: should i get on those light BL-hentai mangas, or crave for more FMA or stop a bit? Whatever, tomorrow uni starts again, i'll have time to think what to start next week. Oh ye, i'll be back thursday already.

EDIT
Oh, wanted to say 2 more words:
1) The part i enjoyed the most was probably the first 13 episodes, for its amount of action or story or comedy. The story gets developed and twisted later, that's why
2) Were Winry's breasts getting bigger and bigger episode by episode? I just remember her being a bit flat, and after 20 or so episode, being a big chested baby: lolwut? For the better

Last edited by Classified Info; 2012-05-27 at 17:50.
Old 2012-05-27, 18:05   Link #672
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

I myself thought brotherhood was superior than the original. again you won't find another anime similar to brotherhood but this title was recommended for those who watched FMA.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/1482/D.Gray-man

thought about checking out the action mangas or not really?

Last edited by Cold~as~Ice; 2012-05-27 at 18:41.
Old 2012-05-27, 18:52   Link #673
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

I repeat myself: i'm only looking for romance titles at the moment. Only when i'm in the mood of action shall i take on one of those shounen/seinen out there; i was just in the mood for something like FMA, that's all, like it was for DN afterall.

One day i'll watch Darker than black aswell, i just need to be in the mood. After more than 60 episode of action, i don't think i'll pick up another action anime in a while. I still have a long list of romance titles to read/watch.

PS: Wanted to remind you all that the titles that weren't romances are actually objectively fucking good. Even tho they do not contain romance, they were just so good that i could be entertained by them even tho i'm currently looking only for romances.
Old 2012-05-27, 19:26   Link #674
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
2) Were Winry's breasts getting bigger and bigger episode by episode? I just remember her being a bit flat, and after 20 or so episode, being a big chested baby: lolwut? For the better
She grew up. The anime did cover a few years passing didn't it?

I'm glad you liked it.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 20:00   Link #675
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
I'm going to suggest you might want to pick up Shakugan no Shana again since the third season came out. The 2nd season is rather blah, but the 3rd season is better. (Similar to how season 3 for Familiar of Zero sucked, but the final season was good.)

You might also reconsider To Aru Majutsu no Index as Index is not Touma's main love interest. I'd probably guess that First Girl Wins rule is in effect meaning it's the lighting bolt throwing girl from the first episode. Her arc doesn't start until the last half of To aru majutsu no Index, and I think it's one of the better story arcs too.

She actually has her own spin-off show A Certain Scientific Railgun in which she is the main character, and Touma is the mysterious boy that crosses paths with her every now and then. Cast is almost all girls though.

You might also be interested in Mysterious Girlfriend X, it's still airing right now, but should be finished soon I think.

A bit older, but one you might want to consider is Tenchi Muyo and Tenchi Universe. FYI, the English versions have a pretty good dub but are censored (especially Muyo). I recommend starting with Tenchi Muyo (the OVA) as it came first.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2012-05-28, 04:56   Link #676
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Why don't you pick up Chaos;Head again as Deikan suggested ? The plot isn't exactly Matrix-esque like you said, but the more you watch the more it becomes more mysterious and suspensful. Also, you need to understand why the main heroine falls in love with the MC for her personal reasons.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-05-28, 13:03   Link #677
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

I might have missed it, but have you tried Steins;Gate yet?

Old 2012-05-28, 13:23   Link #678
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
I might have missed it, but have you tried Steins;Gate yet?
He already watched Steins;Gate, making it one of his favorite animes of all times. I hope he might picks up Chaos;Head again, as I and Deikan explained above.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-05-28, 19:20   Link #679
maxblaze

check this out http://myanimelist.net/manga/3537/Ya...to_Megane-chan a humorous series with some action and romance in it . the story was moving and theres a lot of characters involving around the protagonist w/ character development and lot of hilarious coincidences nice action and cute romance in it so it never bores me. Action, Comedy, Romance, School, Shounen, Slice of Life there's no harem tag(i think there should be) because as the story goes on some girls falls for the protagonist because he is kind a cool you know badass deliquent.

there 218 chapters in it but only 174 chapters was available .

http://myanimelist.net/manga.php?id=35003 -" Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Maj" lot of kissing here.. had a very interesting story too. so far I like it....

. i think they both from the same author.

Last edited by maxblaze; 2012-05-29 at 00:16.
maxblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 02:06   Link #680
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

you can try these two bro x sis mangas

the girl in this one is a yandere type just like yuno gasai very funny
http://myanimelist.net/manga/13731/O...2%98%86Control
this one is a harem don't worry about the synopsis music in this is very limited
http://myanimelist.net/manga.php?id=15189

you should put love lucky on your list the art is not that bad and it's one of the more solid romances out there.

man the updates on some these mangas are sooooooooooo sloooow last update for yuria shiki was in march

EDIT
have you been up to date with the latest chapters for the mangas you already read?

Last edited by Cold~as~Ice; 2012-05-31 at 02:17.