AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black II OAD - Episode 04 Rating
Perfect 10 19 35.19%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 24.07%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 22.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 9.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.70%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-09, 20:18   Link #41
Tarantula Lady

Crontica said:
Quote:
Hei is practically fighting for a reason to live otherwise he'd committed suicide long time ago.
Hei is suicidal for much of S1 and S2. He chooses death over switching sides to MI-6 in the showdown with November 11 in the Havoc episode from S1. For that matter, Hei is suicidally reckless in his fights. He is constantly getting cut up, shot, and bashed around while unnecessarily putting himself in danger for the sake of other people.

If Amber (in S1) and Yin (in the OVAs and S2) weren't looking out for him, he would have died several times. The first set of opening credits in S1 showed Hei dying in Amber's arms, which implies that she changed the time-line and saved him.

Hei is an extremely conflicted character with a serious self-esteem problem. He even compares himself to a cockroach in S2. He never seemed close to deliberate suicide but I thought he was looking for a bullet with his name on it.
Old 2010-08-10, 00:40   Link #42
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarantula Lady View Post
If Amber (in S1) and Yin (in the OVAs and S2) weren't looking out for him, he would have died several times. The first set of opening credits in S1 showed Hei dying in Amber's arms, which implies that she changed the time-line and saved him.

Hei is an extremely conflicted character with a serious self-esteem problem. He even compares himself to a cockroach in S2. He never seemed close to deliberate suicide but I thought he was looking for a bullet with his name on it.
wow never noticed these events, thanks for confirming my fears.
Old 2010-08-11, 17:53   Link #43
Sakabatou77

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarantula Lady View Post
Crontica said:

That has nothing to do with the series! The opening credits and ending credits don't in flick with the story lines at all. If they do, then I want to see that fight in the 2 opening credit from s1. They're only used to give insights about the TV series.

And how do you know Hei's really dying? I don't see blood pouring from any wounds. For all we know, he could be exhausted from a battle.
Old 2010-08-12, 00:58   Link #44
Suimancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakabatou77 View Post
That has nothing to do with the series! The opening credits and ending credits don't in flick with the story lines at all. If they do, then I want to see that fight in the 2 opening credit from s1. They're only used to give insights about the TV series.

And how do you know Hei's really dying? I don't see blood pouring from any wounds. For all we know, he could be exhausted from a battle.
I believe that Hei/Amber scene in the opening was more of an allusion showing Hei's hate for Amber (Hei showed disdain towards her) amid her sincere, yet secret feelings for him (which was only revealed in the ending though hinted throughout the series, including the opening).

Last edited by Suimancer; 2010-08-12 at 01:28.
Old 2010-08-12, 01:51   Link #45
Crontica

Rechecked the opening http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZG5ivyZyvU#t=01m15s

It's more like Hei wakes up wounded and says "Who the hell is this person" his face gets more tense as she comes closer.. definitely a time swap.
Old 2010-08-12, 19:31   Link #46
Sakabatou77

The opening is nothing. It's just supposed to make you say, "Who is that?" when you first watch it. That's all the openings are for. I never look at them as part of the story line, and they shouldn't be.
Old 2010-08-12, 20:29   Link #47
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

When I first watched the opening and saw the Amber/Hei scene, I was first like (So Hei has a lover?) but then knew that he hated the person to the extent of electrifying her face in a massive degree.
Old 2010-08-20, 22:23   Link #48
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

Kind of a "what?" episode for me, probably because I haven't watched DTB in a while, much less any anime at all. I especially went "what?" while Hei was fighting the psychic Bruce Lee contractor.
Old 2010-09-18, 07:23   Link #49
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

well, at least this episode helped me to understand the second season
maybe I should watch the last episode once more ^^

maybe, yin's last wish is to be together with Hei (well, they die or dissappear together in second season, right?)
Old 2010-12-31, 04:27   Link #50
Asterisk
Irregularity

Why does DTB always leave me so depressed T_T.

They really need a 3rd season so they can give Hei and Yin a good ending after all the crap they've been through ==.

But I guess it'd be futile since it's reflected in the title of the anime.
Old 2011-02-21, 19:20   Link #51
Tarantula Lady

Spoiler for S1, S2, OVAs, basically everything:
Closed Thread