AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-23, 23:03   Link #201
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by maou87 View Post
man that was great... thanks 4 d spoilers... a that right almost forgot i read from some forum that tatsuya is already planning something to free himself from the control of d military & four family? is this true?...
even if it isn't, he will
human tend to go against what ever restriction put on him/her
Old 2012-03-24, 03:28   Link #202
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I wonder who Lina is and how come she fought against Tatsuya. And seriously, vampire? Well, it's a nice blend of dark fantasy and sci-fi.

Also, Tatsuya's cousins. Who are they? ARe they perhaps Maya's children?

What about his mom? The heartless woman who sold her child for experimentation...
Old 2012-03-24, 08:40   Link #203
AlaAlba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
@whsie :

How is the world setting in Mahouka? Is Japan at war with another country or it pretty much like current days?
It's a bit in the future. And Japan only at war with China, the war started since that flashback time on web 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
even if it isn't, he will
human tend to go against what ever restriction put on him/her
Well, in fact he won't even if he want to. Cause Maya choose Miyuki to be next heir of Yotsuba, so that Tatsuya won't go against Miyuki/Yotsuba.

This surely is weird, I mean, Tatsuya still can kill all people of Yotsuba even after Miyuki became the heir, what's the problem? This Maya's thinking that Tatsuya won't betray Yotsuba because of Miyuki being the heir is weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I wonder who Lina is and how come she fought against Tatsuya. And seriously, vampire? Well, it's a nice blend of dark fantasy and sci-fi.

Also, Tatsuya's cousins. Who are they? ARe they perhaps Maya's children?

What about his mom? The heartless woman who sold her child for experimentation...
Lina is one of the 13 Apostles(12 at present), she's the representative of USA(and Canada, because they're one nation in Rettousei world).
Well, she was sent to investigate the identity of the magic user who did the energy explosion at China.

Last edited by AlaAlba; 2012-03-24 at 08:55.
Old 2012-03-24, 09:07   Link #204
shishio

It is refreshing to have such a superb and perfect MC instead of as a side supporting character. Although, I do wonder if he has any problems which he can't solve using his genius brain that will make him look more human at least.
Old 2012-03-24, 10:18   Link #205
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

If Kudo and Maya are considered the greatest magicians in the world, then are they also in the 13 Apostles?
Old 2012-03-24, 10:43   Link #206
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
If Kudo and Maya are considered the greatest magicians in the world, then are they also in the 13 Apostles?
I don't think it was ever stated that they were the greatest. Just that they are very strong. And I don't know if they're called the 13 apostles, but those are referring to the 13 (now 12) registered war-class technicians.
Old 2012-03-24, 10:57   Link #207
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
Well, in fact he won't even if he want to. Cause Maya choose Miyuki to be next heir of Yotsuba, so that Tatsuya won't go against Miyuki/Yotsuba.

This surely is weird, I mean, Tatsuya still can kill all people of Yotsuba even after Miyuki became the heir, what's the problem? This Maya's thinking that Tatsuya won't betray Yotsuba because of Miyuki being the heir is weird.
nothing weird about it, Leader aka. Head of Family have responsibility to protect all clan, including their image. So if Tatsuya slaughter all Four family except Miyuki, their family's name will have negative points among others. And bring some trouble for Miyuki as the Head, except if Tatsuya slaughter them all before Miyuki raise to her throne. Or may be there's something put inside Miyuki to keep Tatsuya down by current head magic

If I'm in Tatsuya foot, others Four Family will be dead the moment my Sister and I enroll to the school, outside the Four family residence. I don't like "solving trouble", I like to "annihilate trouble" including it's "source"
Old 2012-03-24, 11:48   Link #208
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
nothing weird about it, Leader aka. Head of Family have responsibility to protect all clan, including their image. So if Tatsuya slaughter all Four family except Miyuki, their family's name will have negative points among others. And bring some trouble for Miyuki as the Head, except if Tatsuya slaughter them all before Miyuki raise to her throne. Or may be there's something put inside Miyuki to keep Tatsuya down by current head magic

If I'm in Tatsuya foot, others Four Family will be dead the moment my Sister and I enroll to the school, outside the Four family residence. I don't like "solving trouble", I like to "annihilate trouble" including it's "source"
I thought the main issue was that, while he could handle the current head, he couldn't handle destroying the clan in its entirety. Also, I believe it was said that Miyuki would support him whatever he chose to do, and as someone with such a poor opinion of the clan, I doubt Tatsuya would care at all about its image. To the general public, I don't think Miyuki is known to be heir or even a part of the clan, so I don't think it would affect her much if it did.
Old 2012-03-24, 12:40   Link #209
tsunade666

the 4 family is full of secrets and mystery so it probably won't affect much on Miyuki.

The main problem is if Tatsuya rebel. He could kill of the leader and his confident in he can't take on the whole clan. Everyone in the clan is at least the same level as Miyuki. A combat level. Family 4 is a small family but full of elites and had cad monopoly which makes them scary and everyone of family 4 is at least combat level which is the level of Miyuki.
Old 2012-03-24, 12:47   Link #210
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
The main problem is if Tatsuya rebel. He could kill of the leader and his confident in he can't take on the whole clan. Everyone in the clan is at least the same level as Miyuki.
For what I remember the problem was that Tatsuya didn't even knew who actually held the power in the family, pretty much everyone that he knows isn't the "root" of the chain of command (even the one publicly recognized as the family head is just a tool), thus endlessly defeating "grunts" and not beating the ones in charge would never change the situation.
Old 2012-03-24, 12:55   Link #211
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
the 4 family is full of secrets and mystery so it probably won't affect much on Miyuki.

The main problem is if Tatsuya rebel. He could kill of the leader and his confident in he can't take on the whole clan. Everyone in the clan is at least the same level as Miyuki. A combat level. Family 4 is a small family but full of elites and had cad monopoly which makes them scary and everyone of family 4 is at least combat level which is the level of Miyuki.
Yes but Tatsuya himself has built the CAD's which (I think) jumped their levels by 15 years and with his own wide-scale disintegration I think he could take them all on(with Miyuki on his side). If he fought the clan first and then his mother he might be able to over throw the clan but if its other way round, I dont know if the clan would submit to him if he took the head or not. And IIRC he still doesnt knw who the true person pulling the strings is(I might be wrong)
Old 2012-03-24, 13:12   Link #212
tsunade666

^ jumped 10 years

Spoiler:
Old 2012-03-24, 13:34   Link #213
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Well since he is the no.1 person in the world in terms of tweaking CAD's I still think that if it comes to that he wont be beaten if he fights against combat-levels. But I agree that he might not be able to fight them all on his own, so that's why I wonder why would he do it alone? Surely the reason he went to Magic school might be more than just the pretence he puts on?? But I admit that I am still a novice to this novel, as such I only know what whise put up in spoilers and the others are just speculation based on what I've read.
Old 2012-03-24, 13:37   Link #214
tsunade666

^ try visiting jcafe. Raptorfalcon gives summary there and also whisie too.

Wait... I will try to copy a post but it's not m post so credit to the one who makes the post.

EDIT:

the one who compiles the post is EnigmaticAxiom

Spoiler for story spoilers:

And that's everything up to the most recent spoiler. This contains information from Baka-Tsuki, Whsie and Raptorfalcon, so make sure all reps go to Whsie and Raptorfalcon.

Last edited by tsunade666; 2012-03-24 at 13:49.
Old 2012-03-24, 14:17   Link #215
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Thanks for reposting them tsunade666, i registered at jcafe but i couldnt see them
Old 2012-03-24, 14:41   Link #216
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Credits where credits due...thnx for the compliation for us
And to whise and EnigmaticAxiom
Old 2012-03-24, 15:35   Link #217
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
Thanks for reposting them tsunade666, i registered at jcafe but i couldnt see them
Post about 3 times or so and then you'll have access. Also, since it's a lightnovel, it's in the novel shoppu section. While we're at this, I mind as well throw in the Hattori vs. Tatsuya fight though it's relatively short and more on the explanation side.

Spoiler for Hattori vs. Tatsuya:
Old 2012-03-24, 16:04   Link #218
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
Post about 3 times or so and then you'll have access. Also, since it's a lightnovel, it's in the novel shoppu section. While we're at this, I mind as well throw in the Hattori vs. Tatsuya fight though it's relatively short and more on the explanation side.

Spoiler for Hattori vs. Tatsuya:
Thnx for that, so Tatsuya's drawback is he cant use(activate) normal magic at the same speed as everyone else??
Old 2012-03-24, 19:40   Link #219
tsunade666

he can activate it in normal means and also with instant effect. But if you ask him to do the same mundane thing that the other students do which is calculate how it works then he is slow because for him it just instantly pops in his head with all things calculated and laid out and that's thanks to the processing chip installed in his brain which was also the reason he doesn't have much emotions.
Old 2012-03-24, 20:27   Link #220
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
he can activate it in normal means and also with instant effect. But if you ask him to do the same mundane thing that the other students do which is calculate how it works then he is slow because for him it just instantly pops in his head with all things calculated and laid out and that's thanks to the processing chip installed in his brain which was also the reason he doesn't have much emotions.
I'm not sure how much of this would really constitute a spoiler since most people reading this will already know the spoilers, but I'll do it anyway.

Spoiler for MAGICKZ!:
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings