AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-29, 00:32   Link #301
Sobonok

Hmm, thanks for the info. I've seen videos of Lancers soloing bosses and wondered if it's the most preferred class. I'm definitely a tank player, so Lancer is going to be my class when I buy the Collector's Edition. (Sad I can't get the early beta access since I have to get things setup to pay)
Sobonok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 00:33   Link #302
Thany
Unfair

Kyero got trolled bad, modding games never get you banned as long as you don't mod them so you can do stuffs you shouldn't be able to. That'd just be plain stupid. Many people modded the game on both version and no-one got banned. Guess why? They weren't hacking or anything. That's what the GMs care the most about.
Old 2012-04-29, 00:41   Link #303
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
There's no overplayed class. The only overplayed thing is an Elin (race). If you want to always get a party, instant party in Instance Matching etc .. Make a lancer. But, lancers are boring in my opinion. Although you protect your party.. That's about it. Your damage sucks.
Elins overplayed? Celestial Hills is positively overrun with castanics. Elin are #3 on the race list after humans and they're about tied with high elves. Amani, popori and baraka bring up the rear.
Old 2012-04-29, 00:46   Link #304
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Lots of Castanics around. Fewer High Elves than I thought. But for me, I mostly see

Castanic (female and male), Elin, and Humans (female). For males, more Amans than anything else. :X
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 00:51   Link #305
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

RP servers are going to be different from the usual PvE. There's a very high number of castanic and human females, a large number of amani males, an equally large number of high elf males (I'm sure you can guess why). Elin aren't as numerous as castanics or humans of either sex.

Popori and baraka are predictably the least common races.
Old 2012-04-29, 04:35   Link #306
Xion Valkyrie

Having a lancer makes the game ZzzZzzZzz. Actually, having a healer also makes it ZzzZzzZzz. Best part of the game is still solo/duoing BAMs with warrior. I also finally figured out how to deal with with that annoying 50% slow debuff/DOT they use when they do their gigantic pounces.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 04:47   Link #307
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Having a lancer makes the game ZzzZzzZzz. Actually, having a healer also makes it ZzzZzzZzz. Best part of the game is still solo/duoing BAMs with warrior. I also finally figured out how to deal with with that annoying 50% slow debuff/DOT they use when they do their gigantic pounces.
Warriors may have it easy but when it comes to soloing bosses as a sorc... it's fun at first, but you can only slip up once or twice before you die.

I had a quest to kill two ovoliths... big egg-spider things outside the Sinestral Manor. I broke 7 crystals trying to kill one... and eventually did kill one... but needed two to complete the quest. And they don't drop anything worth writing home about. The novelty of soloing gigantic monsters soon wears off when you realize that you die a shitload, waste a shitload of money in broken crystals and don't get anything in return.

Back when I soloed my first boss monster--an indolent kumas in Celestial Hills--I thought it was awesome. Yeah, I died 5 times before I figured out how to kill it, and it took close to ten mintues and left me sweaty-palmed and excited. But after the initial novelty wears off... they just aren't worth the trouble of soloing them when it's much easier to just grab two or three guildmates and burn them down in thirty seconds or so.
Old 2012-04-29, 08:19   Link #308
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Elins overplayed? Celestial Hills is positively overrun with castanics. Elin are #3 on the race list after humans and they're about tied with high elves. Amani, popori and baraka bring up the rear.
I don't know Syn, There was a LOT of Elin when I started playing my Lancer again. Elin might be more popular soon.
Old 2012-04-29, 10:49   Link #309
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Proof : the game is full of lolicons. Someone call the FBI and arrest them all.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 11:24   Link #310
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Proof : the game is full of lolicons. Someone call the FBI and arrest them all.
You don't *know* the power of the cute side.... eat your soul, it will.

(actually, I was considering a castanic but eh.... I usually end up trying everything at some point ((puts another dollar in the "game piggy")) )
Old 2012-04-29, 11:28   Link #311
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
You don't *know* the power of the cute side.... eat your soul, it will.
Spoiler for Like this?:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 14:16   Link #312
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

-puts on anti cute goggles-

Old 2012-04-29, 14:31   Link #313
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Whilst I do enjoy my elin, I just rolled a castanic warrior. Even I'm not immune to the lure of the demon-girls.
Old 2012-04-29, 14:41   Link #314
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Whilst I do enjoy my elin, I just rolled a castanic warrior. Even I'm not immune to the lure of the demon-girls.
If i could make mine blue skinned and long blue hair, I would roll one "Astraoth" or something her name is.
Old 2012-04-29, 16:15   Link #315
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Warriors may have it easy but when it comes to soloing bosses as a sorc... it's fun at first, but you can only slip up once or twice before you die.

I had a quest to kill two ovoliths... big egg-spider things outside the Sinestral Manor. I broke 7 crystals trying to kill one... and eventually did kill one... but needed two to complete the quest. And they don't drop anything worth writing home about. The novelty of soloing gigantic monsters soon wears off when you realize that you die a shitload, waste a shitload of money in broken crystals and don't get anything in return.

Back when I soloed my first boss monster--an indolent kumas in Celestial Hills--I thought it was awesome. Yeah, I died 5 times before I figured out how to kill it, and it took close to ten mintues and left me sweaty-palmed and excited. But after the initial novelty wears off... they just aren't worth the trouble of soloing them when it's much easier to just grab two or three guildmates and burn them down in thirty seconds or so.
The problem is the game is too easy when you have a healer + tank or just a healer. It makes all the content pretty mindless. Yesterday we ran SM with just 4 people and a mystic as healer, then played through the desert area including the underground mines (killing spider BAMs) with the same mystic and finally duoing the desert basilisks/giant face huggers with no healer.

Died quite a few times doing the basilisks but it was pretty much the only time I really enjoyed the game. None BAMs are just too easy, and even BAMs with any kind of healer can get stupid too. So you're left with solo/duoing BAMs with no healers, but while it's fun and challenging, the death penalty is kind of harsh (regarding crystals).

What they really need is to make the game's difficulty somewhere in between the two extremes they have right now. Granted, the higher level stuff might be different, but I feel like they should start increasing the difficulty earlier on otherwise when the really difficult stuff becomes mandatory, people are going to be hit by a brick wall if all they stuff they're used to doing has been fairly easy.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 16:17   Link #316
Mow Yun

Queuing up for the dungeon finder as a Lancer is hilarious. Instant match.

Then you get into the dungeon, and pull your hair out as all the DPS insist on tanking, and all the healer(s) heal you whenever you reach 95% hit points, drawing all the aggro >:[

On the bright side, I got the blue lance for my Lancer on the first run of Bastion of Lok, and the greaves too : o

And it doesn't seem like guilds apply across characters...
Old 2012-04-29, 16:36   Link #317
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
^What do you mean by that guild thing?
Old 2012-04-29, 17:09   Link #318
Mow Yun

It seems like being in a guild is only for one character, and not across your account, is probably a better way to put it.
Old 2012-04-29, 17:16   Link #319
Asuras
Dictadere~!

So, I've looked extensively into this game... And I must say I'm particularly interested. If it weren't for one thing, I'd have bought it awhile ago.

Which brings up the question; is this game truly worth a 15$ monthly subscription fee? I'm going to college soon, so money won't be exactly easy to come by (though I will certainly be able to afford it, it just means less money for food xD). Am I going to enjoy this enough to warrant the periodic fee?
Old 2012-04-29, 17:32   Link #320
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
It seems like being in a guild is only for one character, and not across your account, is probably a better way to put it.
Isn't it like that for all games? I've never played a MMO with a guild that is tied into your account o_o.

You're still welcome to join us on your new character too, though, if you still need a guild. I joined with all my alts as well. For me it's just confusing to be in different guilds with all my characters.

^Asuras .. Doesn't that depend on the person? I personally feel that this is worth of $15 .. I can afford that much even if I'm a student as well with not much money .. Also if you play alot instances and make gold by selling loot, you can buy your subscription from other players with gold. Though you can expect HIGH prices in the chronoscrolls (gametime) at the beginning of the game.