AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-06-22, 05:05   Link #1
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Honey and Clover II

It's finally airing next week, June 29. Although I was evidently satisfied with the first season of Honey and Clover, I hope that the second season can deliver as well or even better than the first. Especially with all the juicy manga bits I've spoiled for myself, I definitely can't wait for *explosions* to happen between the characters.

(I'd kill and probably die with extreme happiness if
Spoiler for season II:
)

I also probably wouldn't care if it ended there. I just want to see that animated. Oh, and another thing, the OP and ED will be done by the same guys who did the first season's OP and ED! Yay! I don't know the exact placement, but it's still going to be Yuki and SuneOHair (I Waltz.)

I hope the music, the animation, and the story stay as strong as the first season. I'm hoping for that much, because it would be a sin to H&C's manga and mangaka if the producers carelessly animated such a masterwork, a fountainhead of great romance.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 07:39   Link #2
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

I just want Ayu to get a decent boyfriend. That's all I want for the second season. I couldn't care less about the others Oh yeah, and see what Morita's up to in this season
Old 2006-06-22, 08:30   Link #3
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

You know, I think I wrote that same sentiment in the manga thread. I want, ultimately, for Ayu to be happy. I don't want her tearing herself up because of Mayama.
Old 2006-06-22, 13:51   Link #4
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

Send a message via Yahoo to Truth-kun
I would absolutely support a season 2 of Honey and Clover. Though I haven't read the manga yet, the first season of the anime itself is fulfulling and emotion-filled that it put Honey and Clover near the top of my all-time favorites.

I wonder what will happen to them in the second season? Since only Hagu and Takemoto are still in College. Probably much more comedy+emo filled with a lot of reality bites.

(physics-kun, don't spoil us please!)
must..resist..clicking..spoiler..tag..
Truth-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 14:09   Link #5
domino
デレデレ

Can't wait to see the continuation of this show

Morita-sannnnn! \(^_^)/ Hagu-channnn! All of the characters were so lovable and every event and person felt like they could connect to my life (I showed this show to my friends and they all immediately said I was Morita T_T gasp). All shows should be Honey and Clover!

And I love how they picked the same OP/ED artists as before~ the music in the first season was incredible.
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 14:43   Link #6
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

I can probably reflect my personality to Takemoto, so most of his pains and sufferings made me cry a bit. T__T

I wish I could become like Morita though. Comedic, yet serious. Talented, yet carefree.
Old 2006-06-22, 15:30   Link #7
Wandy
Starlight StarBright~
*Fansubber

wonder which group is going to pick this up >_>
Wandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 15:38   Link #8
tritoch

I think one of the groups that did the first one will pick it up. Somebody said so too.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 17:04   Link #9
Zappster

Yep. Solar are down for subbing this on andrewlb's wiki. While it's tentative I'm pretty sure staff on their own forums have made posts that show interest in subbing this.

I can't remember where I said it. Might have been here or on another forum but I remember saying something along the lines of "I hope Ayu gets together with Mayama" but really the sole motivation for that was I thought it would be the thing that would make Ayu happy. I'd like to retract that and go with the general consensus in this thread. Whatever makes Ayu happy, is what I'm fine with. If that means she becomes a lesbian and has a romance with Rika/Hagu/lady from Mayama's work place then so be it. She was one of my favourite characters from the first season and I do hope things are more favourable for her in this new season. I'm not going to read the manga spoilers as I'd prefer to go into the show knowing very little of what's going to happen. I might check the manga out afterwards though, just to see how things were handled in each of the respective media.
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 18:00   Link #10
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I must erase manga information from my mind ... but I couldn't help it because of Mayama ... it's him and Yamada who are my favorite characters, and Rika comes to a close third. However, seeing that sole moment, that singular moment that I'm waiting for, will probably be the best for me ...

I'd kill to see that scene animated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth-kun
I can probably reflect my personality to Takemoto, so most of his pains and sufferings made me cry a bit. T__T

I wish I could become like Morita though. Comedic, yet serious. Talented, yet carefree.
Takemoto's a guy I won't be happy becoming into, but one I truly admire. I also admire Morita, but the people I feel are the most human (and the ones I love the most) are Mayama and Yamada. I loved that final scene at episode six - that has made me cry some two or three times, because that was a turning point in both Mayama and Yamada's lives. Mayama recognized that Yamada loves him, and tells her why he could not love her back ... in a very, very poetic manner. When the opening sounds of Waltz played, it delivers so well that I cried for the first two times ... and got and get teary-eyed afterwards.

Though I do hope something happens with Yamada: not to spoil a lot, but her case was the most heart-wrenching. I don't care much about Hagu; she's probably my least favorite person of H&C, but my heart's torn for Yamada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappster
I can't remember where I said it. Might have been here or on another forum but I remember saying something along the lines of "I hope Ayu gets together with Mayama" but really the sole motivation for that was I thought it would be the thing that would make Ayu happy. I'd like to retract that and go with the general consensus in this thread. Whatever makes Ayu happy, is what I'm fine with. If that means she becomes a lesbian and has a romance with Rika/Hagu/lady from Mayama's work place then so be it. She was one of my favourite characters from the first season and I do hope things are more favourable for her in this new season. I'm not going to read the manga spoilers as I'd prefer to go into the show knowing very little of what's going to happen. I might check the manga out afterwards though, just to see how things were handled in each of the respective media.
Yep.

Though why don't I see any Mayama love? I really like the guy, perhaps equal to Takemoto.

Man, I can't wait for more soulful songs by Spitz and Suga Shikao. Their inserts are SIMPLY FUCKING BEAUTIFUL. So was Waltz and Dramatic. The music is central to the movement of the story, I tell you. I could only clap my hands as 8-gatsu wo Serenade was played at episode two ... the director is a genius.

Blah. /Stop rant.
Old 2006-06-22, 18:24   Link #11
Spaghettos

I...am...so...excited. I hope the show gets more popular and just keeps going. I really like the team that does the show's animation--I just wish this season was 24 eps instead of 13....Eh.
Spaghettos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 23:42   Link #12
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I want some more crazy Morita ^-^ he is soooo awesome! Takemoto is awesome too...can't wait for more it was such a great drama/comedy!

I want another cool OP song!
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 01:17   Link #13
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth-kun
I would absolutely support a season 2 of Honey and Clover. Though I haven't read the manga yet, the first season of the anime itself is fulfulling and emotion-filled that it put Honey and Clover near the top of my all-time favorites.
Yes. I TOTALLY agree. You know ... only six days more to go! Incidentally, it's my number one right now, tied with Shingetsutan Tsukihime.
Old 2006-06-23, 21:51   Link #14
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Honey and Clover II's going to be the final installment of H&C, eh? I hope they end with a bang, and start with a supernova. Five days can be so excruciating ... I hope they have Spitz and Suga Shikao as their insert singers - those insert songs were so evocative.
Old 2006-06-24, 06:08   Link #15
Noodlehead
Noodlehead is not edible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
Honey and Clover II's going to be the final installment of H&C, eh? I hope they end with a bang, and start with a supernova. Five days can be so excruciating ... I hope they have Spitz and Suga Shikao as their insert singers - those insert songs were so evocative.
Actually, Garten (he blogged the first season of Honey & Clover regularly, and will be doing the second one) has posted over here in his blog that this season, Suga Shikao, Depapepe, and Hayashi Yuzo & Salon 68 will be doing the background music. I went over to Depapepe's site like he recommended -- they have some nice music.

~ Noodlehead
Noodlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 07:19   Link #16
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Well ... I think this is going to be another great series. I hope this will be another great series.

But it's finally the end ...
Old 2006-06-24, 07:25   Link #17
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

I hope it can dig more Emo holes in my heart! XD

Gotta buy me a pack of tissues, I might find myself crying alot again. T_T
Old 2006-06-27, 02:34   Link #18
tritoch

My spine is tingling.

tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 03:28   Link #19
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Can someone move this to the fansubs section, please? I think it's going to be more popular and more 'seen' there ...

OMG. Only two more days. Two more days unti ****-****** will start to be shown! ZOMG! Yay! Yay! Hahahaha... for those who don't know what the asterisks stand for, bleh.
Old 2006-06-27, 03:52   Link #20
Zappster

Unless there's a fansub of some promo material out then I don't think it will be moved to the fansubs forum just yet and I don't see the need since the anime hasn't even aired yet.
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, noitamina, romance