AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-23, 08:51   Link #81
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
so when is the second season coming out? don't seem to see this in the upcoming anime forum.
This Summer.
Old 2012-07-09, 09:01   Link #82
Raviel

Can anyone provide a general summary of the story so far in the anime (both seasons)? I get that they've rescued Horizon and then Musashi is suddenly attacked by Tres Espana but then it gets a bit blurry for me.

Was the main cast planning to....

Spoiler for spoiler tags to be safe:

Horizon's plot kind of confuses me thanks to how slow it seems to be advancing so yeah...... XD
Old 2012-07-09, 11:50   Link #83
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
Can anyone provide a general summary of the story so far in the anime (both seasons)? I get that they've rescued Horizon and then Musashi is suddenly attacked by Tres Espana but then it gets a bit blurry for me.

Was the main cast planning to....

Spoiler for spoiler tags to be safe:

Horizon's plot kind of confuses me thanks to how slow it seems to be advancing so yeah...... XD

1. Yes that is indeed their goal it was stated back during season 1

2. Musashi was already on their way to Britain in order to make an alliance with it's queen.

3. Tre Espana went after then because Gin (the woman with the huge arms) wanted to restore her husband Muneshige honor by defeating them. If she fails the Testament Union will force her to take a new husband.

The plot isn't too hard to follow really it's story about a rebellion beyond that everything pretty much given to you in the show you just have to pay attention to what people are saying.
Old 2012-07-09, 12:13   Link #84
Mars Mode

1.- You must remember they are trying to gather the DAS but they cannot without some kind of plan they are going against the entire world as Toori put it. After all the DAS are nukes.

3.-Adding on the tres Espana thing, they want to take Musashi under their control, but they cant do it without a cause which Masazumi dismissed the previous season, but they did what any other goverment do, they forced false charges on them and once they are under their control then they can do whatever they want.
Old 2012-07-17, 13:26   Link #85
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

in the 2nd ep, when Gin and Juana was visiting the orphans, Gin ask if Juana was going to give candy to the half-Elven children and Juana reply she will. Since she remind by the chancellor to be fair.

what is issue here? in a world setting with a slime and a metallic half dragon character i can't imagine racism to be much of a issue.
Old 2012-07-17, 18:56   Link #86
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

IIRC, there's race issues between the elves, the humans and the half-elves, thus Gin's suggestion to be fair. A simple task such as giving candy to children might actually have an impact in the country's diplomacy with other races.

By the way, the architecture of Alcalá de Henares reflects the Islamic influences that they had when the Umayyads (probably P.A. ODA) conquered much of Spain in the past.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-07-17, 18:58   Link #87
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
IIRC, there's race issues between the elves, the humans and the half-elves, thus Gin's suggestion to be fair. A simple task such as giving candy to children might actually have an impact in the country's diplomacy with other races.

By the way, the architecture of Alcalá de Henares reflects the Islamic influences that they had when the Umayyads (probably P.A. ODA) conquered much of Spain in the past.
what kind of issues?
Old 2012-07-17, 19:20   Link #88
Kunagisa

I haven't read the Q+A/Twitter comments for this week yet, so I'm not sure if it's explained there but translating 長寿族 to elven's kinda ... non-optimal ... (as per your own post from before, there are other names they could've taken). This would make it more self-apparent on what the issue at hand is.

The "half elf" (半寿族) is obviously a mix-ethnic that came from humans and "elves" procreating, but they're all "retarded" (in the most literal sense). They age like humans, but mentally they develop like "elves", so if hypothetically "elves" takes 100 years to reach the mental age of 50 for human years (because they would naturally live to the age of 200), "half elves" at age 50 would have a mental age of 25. On himado, you can see people refer this mix race as "reverse (Detective) Conan". Since you visit the novel thread, I'll add a bit extra spoilers
Spoiler for not a huge spoiler but spoiler nonetheless from novel:
In other words, "elves" develop mentally slower than humans.
Old 2012-07-17, 19:27   Link #89
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

"Elves" is easier to understand as long as you attach the "immortal" property to them.

And by the way, Juana is Half-Elven.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2012-07-17, 20:09   Link #90
Xacual

Wait would Shakespeare be a "half-elf" too then? She aged at what looks like the same rate as Neshinbara.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2012-07-17, 20:28   Link #91
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ She is a half-elf too. But assuming that she is 18 years old, she currently has the mental age of someone much younger than that.

Old 2012-07-17, 22:06   Link #92
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
^ She is a half-elf too. But assuming that she is 18 years old, she currently has the mental age of someone much younger than that.
She's scary for her age.....
Old 2012-07-18, 00:10   Link #93
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
"Elves" is easier to understand as long as you attach the "immortal" property to them.

And by the way, Juana is Half-Elven.
so she's actually an old hag despite of her appearance?

btw is it her (Juana) who wrote the letter for Felipe in the near end of episode 2?
Old 2012-07-18, 00:58   Link #94
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ If we estimate a Half-Elf's mental age as half its physical age, then we have a 36-year-old Juana who acts like an elder sister at 18 and a (seemingly broken) Thomas who despite looking 18 and acting 9 still has a killing intent like that.

And no, I don't think Juana was the one who wrote the letter. Besides, they're colleagues now; wouldn't it be easier for Juana to say it directly to him?

Old 2012-07-18, 02:33   Link #95
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
^ If we estimate a Half-Elf's mental age as half its physical age, then we have a 36-year-old Juana who acts like an elder sister at 18 and a (seemingly broken) Thomas who despite looking 18 and acting 9 still has a killing intent like that.

And no, I don't think Juana was the one who wrote the letter. Besides, they're colleagues now; wouldn't it be easier for Juana to say it directly to him?
I have never read vol 2 so don't take my word for this....but judging what Juana said earlier to Gin....about why they both trust Souchou and Muneshige respectively...

Makes me think that it was her who wrote the letter
Old 2012-07-18, 04:59   Link #96
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:

not sure either, but they showed Juana quite a lot when Felipe read that letter

giving me the impression that Juana was the little girl saved by Felipe in the flashback and letter has become some kind of their tradition for heart to heart talk since then

but again since I didn't read the novel so that's just my guess
Old 2012-07-24, 13:34   Link #97
hoshino_crimsonwings

So who exactly is the VA of Mary?
Old 2012-07-24, 15:08   Link #98
sento

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoshino_crimsonwings View Post
So who exactly is the VA of Mary?
Yui Horie.
Old 2012-07-25, 08:13   Link #99
hoshino_crimsonwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by sento View Post
Yui Horie.
Awesome! Thanks.
Old 2012-07-26, 09:40   Link #100
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

So I just finished watching S1 of Horizon and I have one question regarding the detail of the Armaments of Deadly Sins, at the end of S1 did they obtained 1 or 2 of Armaments(not counting Horizon herself), as they clearly obtained the one Muneshige was using, but it wasn't clear if the got the one Galileo had after he was defeated, so did Horizon Ariadust Academy get that Armament or not? (During S1)
MAL
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a