AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2008-06-25, 02:36   Link #2041
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

No offence but Iamandragon's explanation practically fall apart if the Fuyuki link is true. Why is so? If unleashing excallibur is 700-800 and using UBW is around 270, archer won't disappear immediately as she claimed.He still has around 130 to 230 prana.

Also they discussed how there is strong possibility that avalon was never removed from archer's body.Which Iamandragon claimed that avalon is removed from archer's body a long time ago.

What I don't understand is how come archer's arm(the one that attached to shirou) didn't disappear after he died in Heaven's feel.

Emiya Shirou,the Counter Guardian.

Last edited by Blade_Lord; 2008-06-25 at 02:49.
Blade_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 04:56   Link #2042
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Well you just have to choose which one you think is true: Fuyuki, me, or your own theory...

The reason a servant disappear when they don't have enough mana to maintain their materialization--Archer's arm alone probably got mana when it's attached to Shirou?
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 23:11   Link #2043
sainclaire
This space for rent.

Send a message via AIM to sainclaire
Just finished the Fate route for the first time. Such an excellent story; much more fufilling than the anime I might add.

One question, It wasnt completely clear to me how Kiritsugu died. Somehow he was cursed by the holy grail?
sainclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 00:22   Link #2044
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by sainclaire View Post
Just finished the Fate route for the first time. Such an excellent story; much more fufilling than the anime I might add.

One question, It wasnt completely clear to me how Kiritsugu died. Somehow he was cursed by the holy grail?
Not cursed--he saw what was inside the grail and made an attempt to destroy it, and failed, only to have the contents of the grail pour onto him.

In some sense he is cursed, but the definition of a curse in F/SN is different from everyday curse we talk about.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 12:58   Link #2045
sainclaire
This space for rent.

So the contents of the grail somehow shortened his life? Was his death directly a result of the holy grail's contents?
Old 2008-06-27, 17:16   Link #2046
kaizer63

Send a message via AIM to kaizer63
Quote:
Originally Posted by sainclaire View Post
So the contents of the grail somehow shortened his life? Was his death directly a result of the holy grail's contents?
Pretty much. What the grail did was make him hear those voices of suffering asking for death and vengeance for five years straight. I assume it took the will to live out of him so when Shirou agreed to take on his ideal for him, he no longer had a reason to live on and let himself die.
Old 2008-06-29, 07:29   Link #2047
Fuuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizer63 View Post
Pretty much. What the grail did was make him hear those voices of suffering asking for death and vengeance for five years straight. I assume it took the will to live out of him so when Shirou agreed to take on his ideal for him, he no longer had a reason to live on and let himself die.
Didnt Shirou also heard those voices?

[EDIT]

Oh, nevermind they were alive when Shirou found them in the secret chamber in church.
I thought they were dead and Shirou was able to hear theyr voices.... >.<
Fuuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 09:44   Link #2048
kaizer63

Send a message via AIM to kaizer63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
Didnt Shirou also heard those voices?

[EDIT]

Oh, nevermind they were alive when Shirou found them in the secret chamber in church.
I thought they were dead and Shirou was able to hear theyr voices.... >.<
You're thinking of the wrong voices, but Shirou did hear them as well when he was fighting Kirie in the fate route and continued to hear them until he traced Avalon at which point all the muck was forced from his body.
Old 2008-07-03, 11:26   Link #2049
Fuuma

In episode 12 when Rider died, you saw Sakura infront of a window and she sayd something, I believe this is Heaven's Feel part?
So, what did she say?
Fuuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 22:05   Link #2050
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

I want to ask about Gilgamesh's Ea. What is the reason that make this Ea powerful? I never heard of Ea nor have I heard of Uruk before so I doubt its powerful because it is well known. Is it because it is not from this world or is it because it is one of the oldest noble phantasm that existed?

Old 2008-07-05, 23:27   Link #2051
rastilin

The people of it's time would have all known about it and there's plenty of people who still know the legend. Although there's no legend that says Gilgamesh himself ever got his hands on Ea; so there is creative license. There's a couple of other reasons, for one thing the weapon itself is pretty old, for another it's made of the divine and not from mortal materials. It's implied to be different than Excalibur in that way, since Ex has a form within mortal comprehension.

Actually Ea is the wrong name for it. Because Ea was a god of fresh water in Babylon. The name "Enuma Elish" translates into "Epic of Creation" and is the name of an ancient story. So, they took a lot of creative license. Needless to say, the word "Giglamesh" doesn't come up at ANY point in said story.
rastilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 04:30   Link #2052
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

And the reason gilgamesh got his hand on it is because of Gate of Babylon huh?

Old 2008-07-06, 09:46   Link #2053
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastilin View Post
The people of it's time would have all known about it and there's plenty of people who still know the legend. Although there's no legend that says Gilgamesh himself ever got his hands on Ea; so there is creative license. There's a couple of other reasons, for one thing the weapon itself is pretty old, for another it's made of the divine and not from mortal materials. It's implied to be different than Excalibur in that way, since Ex has a form within mortal comprehension.

Actually Ea is the wrong name for it. Because Ea was a god of fresh water in Babylon. The name "Enuma Elish" translates into "Epic of Creation" and is the name of an ancient story. So, they took a lot of creative license. Needless to say, the word "Giglamesh" doesn't come up at ANY point in said story.
Gilgamesh himself doesn't even know the actual name of the sword, its just the name that he gave it.
Old 2008-07-06, 10:03   Link #2054
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

But why Ea? Surely there must be a reason behind it?

Old 2008-07-06, 23:27   Link #2055
fallin up
my life is a harem

why is saber considered an incomplete servant?
fallin up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 23:51   Link #2056
rastilin

The servants are heroes who have already died, but Saber is still alive in her own time. She made a pact with Akasha to get the grail before dying, however since she was inches from death at the time, the only thing Akasha could do was preserve her life and send her spirit into the grail war.
rastilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 19:11   Link #2057
EMIYA
Servant Archer

@Blade Lord: Well, quite frankly, it's just that. There is no reason for it. Gilgamesh called the sword 'Ea' because it just doesn't have a name. Simple. :P
EMIYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 13:03   Link #2058
sainclaire
This space for rent.

The name Ea might have come from the name of one of the gods from the tale of Gilgamesh in which he tries to attain eternal life. I remember reading this story a couple years back in 10th grade; not entirely sure but I think Ea was one of the creating gods which would explain why Gilgamesh said that his sword created/destroyed worlds in the visual novel.
Old 2008-07-09, 20:14   Link #2059
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enki

He's also called "Ea", apparently. Not sure if it's related at all.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 12:52   Link #2060
Alaya
Counter Force

Gil chooses the word Ea because he likes it.

But I think Nasu choose the words Ea because of this reason:

"he crisis is finally ended by Ea, the god of wisdom. Ea visits the place of the ancient primeval gods, gets from their storehouse a copper cutting instrument "which was used to separate the earth and the sky", and,using it, cuts Ullikummi from Ubelluri's shoulders."

- Taken from http://rbedrosian.com/Memyth.htm under topic of Kummiya/Qumme. Credit to Aldeayeah of Beast's Lair.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote