AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-04-24, 19:27   Link #1381
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
Spam (and trolling and flamebait) happened wherein monir had to cut back 32 posts on one thread because....well, it got really out of hand, because it suddenly became a flamewar fest, and it has become so much so that nothing was happening except piling on flames for either side of the UC and CE war. Oddities every now and then....like sudden posts which some people may attribute to Kira by comparing him with so and so character, is considered normal, and good if used sparingly. If the posts get to more than what could be taken as normal - like just on discussing about Lelouch's hairstyle as reminiscent of Kira which suddenly jumps from that point to that of how the Geass episode so and so should've been like that for the last 100 pages (well, I'm exaggerating at this point but I guess you get the drift) - then that's spam/trolling/flamebait or whatever else. Geass hijack complete.

Anyway, the Geass spam has been doused with talks about the GS movie/GS 3rd series every now and then. Not that they've been talking nonstop Geass for the last 100 pages or so (again, I'm exaggerating). Unless there's no real movie, 3rd series yet to appear, randomness like this would happen every now and then.
well if you want ideas about GS well then maybe it would be better if GS fans really gives ideas for other GS project besides i've read some fanfic of GS & i'm thinking maybe GS fans should rally or something to get another GS showing besides i'm more interesting in a GS prequal chapter to events before GS to really explain like how did kira & cagalli get to be with their adpotive parents, history of the la flaga, mu rau battles, etc before the events of ep.1 of GS cause this really something still not yet explain.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 19:24   Link #1382
hero147

Gundam Seed trilogy would be nice. The reason why Gundam seed itself did great was because of its simplistic plots, nothing to the lines of so and so caused the war, it was Naturals vs coordinators straight up. I would enjoy a trilogy. Liked Seed more than 00 as a Gundam series for several reasons...
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 04:04   Link #1383
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
Gundam Seed trilogy would be nice. The reason why Gundam seed itself did great was because of its simplistic plots, nothing to the lines of so and so caused the war, it was Naturals vs coordinators straight up. I would enjoy a trilogy. Liked Seed more than 00 as a Gundam series for several reasons...
Well, to think of it, Gundam SEED was not that simple when it came to plot. It was just one of the least realistic series in Gundam franchise (if not THE least realistic, at least in terms of more "sugar" kawaii character designs and mecha capabilities; but everything could be forgiven after Kamille's "invincible shield at the end of Zeta, I guess ). There were numerous themes: genetic experiments (many shades of it), human intollerance ("racist" blue cosmos), terrorism (pretty much appearing in every Gundam series, but focused on in 00), military ideology (another theme that practically always appears in G-franchise), love (now that's one of the things SEED focused on), psychology of psychochicks ( Four Murasame or even Destiny's Stellar do not even compare to almighty queen of psychos - Fllay Alster, IMO), politics vs. ideology (Orb and Attha family) and friendship (that's my favorite theme in CE. The beautifully carried out Kira and Athrun love/hate relationship is the main factor that brought tears to my eyes and keeps me convinced that SEED is a great series). Maybe one could find these things in other Gundam series. But if they do, they should not say that SEED is simpler than them, I think.
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 08:32   Link #1384
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
^^^ I think you just about tackled EVERYTHING that Gundam had to offer, and frankly, it's not new.

- Kamille got brain fried by Scirocco.
- The cyber NTs would like to have a word with you.
- Zeon, Neo Zeon, etc., etc.
- That's what basically every evil army/group of people did with every Gundam.
- *coughKATEJINAcough*
- Relena would also like to have a word with you.
- I guess Heero and Duo don't count eh (for the lulz I guess)? And probably others from other series.

SEED borrowed from all of the themes recurrent in Gundam, but it simply became a love hate relationship between Naturals and Coordinators in both series. Whatever "depth" that the Blue Cosmos/LOGOS/random EA grunt had was simply ONLY based on inherent hatred for the entire Coordinator race - something which was shown in both series. What Dullindal did in Destiny is not about of the same caliber that the EA did - hooray for trying to make Coordinators some of the bad guys as well - but it felt like it was just placed there as an afterthought, so that Kira and company would have somebody "evil" to fight against with. Whatever relationship that happened were also thrown out in favor of the Kira and Lacus "relationship". I am not a really great fan of Athrun and Cagalli, but I am sad and angry at what happened to their relationship, and to their characters as well. Cagalli's inability to lead in the beginning episodes of the series...what happened to kickass Cagalli we had at the end of SEED? Like she already knew better, but instead she ends up being bullied by the Seirans into ordering Orb to side with the EA? Athrun also turned out as soft as Cagalli as well. The entire war felt like it was always the same...the hatred between Naturals and Coordinators, with a rather foolish attempt for Dullindal going against the system in the PLANTs to say that "the war in Destiny isn't the same as in SEED". It had always been the same "what are they fighting for" stance like in SEED. Heck, it is STILL the same TSA in Destiny.

Attempts to make the plot deep and filled with idealism and ideologies about peace and war...and who they think are enemies...it only simply boiled down to the point that what TSA thinks is evil must be stopped and are therefore by default the good guys, and those opposing TSA are bad. The writing was all over the place, and while it was quite decent for SEED, it spiralled to what it was in Destiny. It's basically SEED 2.0 all over again, I mean, Kira gets the lead again. The new cast was an entire waste, whatever character development got thrown out of the window, and what could've made it more interesting - if it were Shinn really pitted against Kira without shifting the attention to Kira again - was basically abandoned. Athrun's mentor role to Shinn was also forgotten. Athrun going against Kira through Shinn or whatever could've made more sense rather than them being together in a single team that would definitely kill any effort of having a more "respectable" villain that could outmaneuver them. Seriously, any attempt by Fukuda by a new cast to introduce in the movie should stay being the main characters...there really is no point by getting all 3 aces together, the story's basically finished with that. With Kira and Shinn with Lacus and Athrun with Cagalli, what point would be left to argue with them?

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 10:41   Link #1385
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Frankly, what you said there is nothing new either. To me, SEED is the sole representation of everything I liked about Gundam series, with a touch of original chara design and teen soap approach. The themes and motiffs I mentioned, plus the greatest friendship in anime history IMO. I am a bit sorry that the whole dramatism was a bit spoiled by the clumsy story in Destiny. But nevertheless it does not change the fact that I think the first SEED series is not just decent. It is just awesome.
Old 2008-04-26, 13:05   Link #1386
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Spoiler for Sir Dearka:

Old 2008-04-26, 17:57   Link #1387
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

I think that your judgement of SEED is a bit too harsh, to say the least. There were some great character developments in the series (starting from various stages of Fllay's psychosis and ending on Kira's dilemmas about killing others and learning about the tragedy of war; Also, my favorite character of the show, Dearka, got his 5 minutes there as well; he started off as an arrogant kid and ended up being one of the most understanding and reasonable persons of the show). What made me like the series was not its originality (as the era of numerous pioneers is really the matter of the past, IMO), but the way all the elements were tied and bound together. I never say that GS was the very first anime to use the friendship-go-opposite tragedy theme. It's just that I think it's one of the series that carried such motiff in the best possible way.

And there's my perception of awesomeness in that. Plus - cool visuals in relation to other Gundam shows and cool mecha designs. And great music. From ballads to upbeat. J-rock and classic-sounding symphonies. Everything was there.

And if we are already comparing SEED to Zeta, the two shows are essentially different, targetted at differend kinds of audience/tastes/generations, I think. The sugar-big-starry eyed designs are quite popular nowadays, so yeah, it is a matter of taste. Though I am the kind of person that'd love all Zeta, Gundam 00 and SEED for many reasons. Even the shows I perceive as not that good like Wing or Turn A had many aspects I liked. Because they were Gundams (Setsuna'd love me for those wrods ). And the quality and effort put in them were at least as plentiful as in the case of my favorites.

I never liked spoiling the fun of others by saying that some show was totally outrageous, thrashing it all the time just for the sake of it, especially when I knew that the other side thinks otherwise. Maybe it's because of my flexibility of taste. Maybe I just want to be fair, so I won't do to others what I'd not want others to do to me. But I'm open for further discussion, though I think that there isn't much to discuss on the matter between Eidolon Sniper and me. She doesn't like CE and thinks it is already a "lost universe" in her eyes (at least that's what I am assuming by relating to her posts). I think otherwise. Reasons given. Both sides remain with their stances, it seems.

Last edited by Sir Dearka; 2008-04-26 at 18:08.
Old 2008-04-26, 18:47   Link #1388
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Seed has its flaws (I don't think many deny it, and for some those flaws are enjoyment-ruining), but character progression wasn't one of them. You might not like where and how the characters developed, and personally I think some of the drama was more annoying than interesting (the entire Princess Clyne phenomenum which developed straight through Seed into Destiny), but the majority of the characters do progress, and with a fair amount of personality-exposure. That some don't get as much as the others is a simple fact that the two main characters were Kira and Athrun.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 07:59   Link #1389
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Spoiler for Sir Dearka:

Again, I will state that I still have hope left for the CE, no matter how bad it went during Destiny - I actually went throughout the series hoping it would pick up after Kira and company were introduced, going against what I have heard about them in some forums I have scanned before doing so. This could only be probably salvaged by the 3rd series or the movie, and I really hope so too, because I felt quite sad that I was reduced to helpless giggles when I ran through the last eps of Destiny again for no reason at all, and I have had such high hopes for the CE. Hope Morosawa doesn't fail me now. ;_____;

Old 2008-04-27, 10:38   Link #1390
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Glad that you do not seem to be one of those radical people and you do see many good aspects of the show. I also have high expectations regarding the next installment (whether it'd be a movie or a series, I do not care, as long as it is good).

I think that enough was said to straighten up our point of views to each other. Of course, I never expected from you to change your mind and suddenly get to like the show. You watched it, you did not like it. And you know why. I watched it. I liked it. And I know why. And I know that you know why you did not like it and why I liked it, so everything is alright. Simple, isn't it?

On a sidenote, I have to say that I'm absolutely comfortable with the way Dearka was treated. That he was one of the five Gundam pilots but had his 5 minutes thanks to the "afterthought" and bad kit sales. That's what makes him not only interesting as a character, but as a marketing object. I think that he could be one good example of how to make a move that'd improve both the story and sales. Also, I am glad that his appearance in Destiny along with Yzak was more of a cameo, than a full role even as a supporting cast, so that the somehow lacking show did not smear his image to me like it did with the characters of Athrun, Cagalli and even Kira.
Old 2008-04-28, 08:51   Link #1391
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

I have always been very vocal of my dislike for SEED, but yes, even bad shows have some of its good points, and it has always been that way. so yes, surprise surprise, I would like to think I am one of those fans. I did not suddenly like the show, I have always liked the show (le GASP! ) because of Fllay and pre-Freedom Kira, and I do defend Cagalli and Lacus every now and then if the situation calls for it, even if I don't really count myself as a great fan of them.

I also feel quite sad when Dearka did just turn into a "cameo" role in Destiny, I mean, he and Yzak could have been the interesting side to the war, as they now have more important roles than what they had in SEED. But yes, it was probably for the best because of what had happened to the majority of the old characters (most of all, Athrun and Cagalli - why Morosawa WHY??! ;_____; ). If there was an Athrun's Counterattack, I will cry like a little girl if Yzak and Dearka aren't included in there for real major roles.

Old 2008-05-07, 08:26   Link #1392
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

So until now there is nothing more than Seed and Destiny right? I mean sequel, ova, movies
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 08:37   Link #1393
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
So until now there is nothing more than Seed and Destiny right? I mean sequel, ova, movies
C.E. 73 Stargazer and Seed after-phase.
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 08:46   Link #1394
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride View Post
C.E. 73 Stargazer and Seed after-phase.
Stargazer is a 3 episode side story and after phase is a 5 minute epilogue of GS?
That means that there is nothing out there that follows the story of GS & GSD?
Old 2008-05-07, 09:04   Link #1395
4Tran

That's right. There's a movie that's supposedly in production, but there has been no concrete information on that front for over a year now. There are side stories in the Cosmic Era universe, but if you're looking for more stories about Kira and crew, there probably won't be anything until the movie comes out. (There are also Seed and Seed Destiny mangas, but they're just alternate universe retellings of their respective shows)
Old 2008-05-07, 09:45   Link #1396
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

I'll be waiting anxiously for the movie then and woudnt mind a third season =D Wanna see more of Lacus / Kira and Canagli / Arthurn
Old 2008-05-10, 21:26   Link #1397
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
That's right. There's a movie that's supposedly in production, but there has been no concrete information on that front for over a year now. There are side stories in the Cosmic Era universe, but if you're looking for more stories about Kira and crew, there probably won't be anything until the movie comes out. (There are also Seed and Seed Destiny mangas, but they're just alternate universe retellings of their respective shows)
well really because of morosawa's ill neck that she said wait for GSM

& if still need more GS series right now there mini GS & also soon the english dub of GSD s.e.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-22, 22:11   Link #1398
4Tran

Moved Lacus Clyne posts to Lacus Clyne... the Plot Hole Character thread.
Old 2008-05-22, 22:37   Link #1399
Pink_Princess578

I really hope that they at the least make a movie! I really love GS and GSD i think it would be awesome to see more and see how the characters continue to develop. I especially would like to see more of Yzak and Dearka! They weren;t in Destiny enough!
Pink_Princess578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 07:24   Link #1400
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
seed frame astray new gundam

duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep