AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-11-04, 04:27   Link #161
madv2c
Deafmute

Have none of you considered the zombies actually fighting on the good side?

I pray, i only PRAY that Kishi can muster the brain capacity to make something interesting happen.

Kabuto is a wildcard, he can switch at any time, maybe he hops on over to the good side. That way, the "emotional" reunions would actually be entertaining. I'd rather not read panel after panel of crappy dialogue about zombies trying to play psychological-warfare and failing because the good guys overcome their weakness -.-

Someone mentioned Madara's original plan if Kabuto didn't show up with his clone-troopers... maybe he still has an ace up his sleeve; a big one. Maybe big enough to require Kabuto to join forces? eh? >.>
madv2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 06:59   Link #162
Suika-Esper
Sage Mode

The rookies in Jonin wartime vests. Now we're talking. I can't wait to see how some of these teams work out. Some impressive collaborative attacks should be coming up.

As for Kabuto's side, the Jinchuurikis are the ones I'm most interested in. I want to see that steam guy fight. Utataka had some really cool moves in the anime.

I can't believe Naruto just started really training to master his new powers now after they got back. Wasn't that what he was supposed to be doing the whole time? I'm glad they're finally getting down to business though. It's funny, but both Naruto and Sasuke have been kept in the dark about the current state of the war. Sure, Sasuke knows about it, but he doesn't know about all the major things Kabuto has done, or that he's even joined Madara's side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
Incidentally, I wonder if zombie Itachi can summon the sword and free Orichimaru.
I hope this happens. One way or another, he better come back.
Suika-Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 07:14   Link #163
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Isn't it hilarious how Kabuto ressurected everyone from the Akatsuki apart from Konan?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 07:31   Link #164
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Isn't it hilarious how Kabuto ressurected everyone from the Akatsuki apart from Konan?
Technically Konan is still useless. She only had a chance since she knew Madara for a long time, and she had plenty of time to collect her bombs.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 07:50   Link #165
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
Nobody is going to root for Hizashi to kill Neji. Or Asuma to defeat Shikamaru. Or Chiyo to whip Sakura. Or Gaara's dad to take the belt off on him, etc.
I will be rooting for the zombies.

Quote:
Technically Konan is still useless. She only had a chance since she knew Madara for a long time, and she had plenty of time to collect her bombs.
She did have plenty of time, but she may not need all of that time to create her bombs. I think the real reason why Kabuto didn't summon her is because she isn't really all that well known unlike the other Akatsuki members and Kabuto probably only saw her as Pein's caretaker.
Old 2010-11-04, 08:58   Link #166
Kallen4life

Quote:
I will be rooting for the zombies
+1

Kabuto hasn't summoned Jiraiya either (so far)
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 10:45   Link #167
Tettsuo
Yeah, I said that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
+1

Kabuto hasn't summoned Jiraiya either (so far)
Cause Jiraiya isn't dead!
Tettsuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 13:03   Link #168
Neji112

It's going to be interesting to see what types of control seals Kabuto decides to use on the previously "good" zombies. He can't really give most of the summons the freedom he gave Deidara and he can't babysit them all at the same time. If he decides to kill their will like Orochumaru originally did, that would kill a lot of the potential for emotional dialogue.

The problem that I have at this point is that this war really highlights the lack of development and proper power-ups for the original Rookies. In all honesty I can't see most of them believably defeating a high end Jounin like a full powered Zabuza in a 1 on 1 fight except for possibly Neji, Shikamaru(with some prep time) and maybe Sakura. (They should be 1 on 1 fights seeing that the good guys are outnumbered by thousands of Zetsu). The Zetsu army has to be fairly powerful seeing that they were Madara's original plan.

Then again the zombies might not be full strength(Itachi and Nagato) and power levels conveniently tailored per match up. I guess at the end of it all, this war is fanservice at it's most epic, which is fine. It's kinda like the Naruto movies where each supporting character shows up and does their signature move. For example if you're a fan of Hinata, you're not going to care if it's believable when she takes down a Jounin level character.
Neji112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 13:42   Link #169
Lunarskylar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Not sure which one you're talking about, but every single resurrected ninja I saw on that page has been shown before. If you mean the spikey-haired guy, then that's Motoi's dad.

It's all about presentation. Kishi could have effectively introduced a bunch of new baddies if he presented it properly, but rather than do that, he went for a cheap "OMGWTFBBQ" moment that doesn't even make any sense. Oh, and here's the rub: it would be an extremely difficult, perhaps impossible, task (especially for Kishi) to introduce even more revived ninjas who are new to the series, since he's already juggling 23 revived corpses, which, in case you didn't know, is a pretty hard balancing act on its own.

Even so, if it turns out that Kabuto did revive some other famous ninjas we haven't seen before, I may give Kishi some credit, but I still find this whole plot point to be wholly stupid.
personally i see introducing new characters at this point not a sign of creativity, but kubotivity,

plus there's the kage we've never seen before, and motoi's dad as well as the previous raikage are barely a few chapters old. The people that were revived makes perfect sense like james said, because kabuto explictly says on page 12, panel 12 "Once we know our enemies, we'll be able to hit them exactly where it hurts the most"

So a random ninja that we never knew, would only be effectively for... another random on the good side that we don't really know, + flashbacks explaining the emotional connection... -__- oh that'll make a lovely 3-4 chapters (per new character)
Old 2010-11-04, 13:49   Link #170
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Not sure if this has been said, will Itachi be fighting blind? Seeing that his eyes were taken away from him....unless ierno lol.
Old 2010-11-04, 13:55   Link #171
Repelsteeltju
DRRR!!

This was a great chapter. I loved seeing all those familiar faces! Especially Zabuza! I hope he's going to kick some serious ass if only for nostalgia's sake.

I do wonder how the hell Kabuto knows about Haku though. I'm also wondering how much free will Kabuto is going to give his zombies ... since no more than a few of them will be (completely) loyal to him. Some might just outright ignore him depending on how much choice he gives them. But limiting their free will too much might also damage their combat effectiveness.

I think I'm going to like this war!
Repelsteeltju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 14:10   Link #172
Kallen4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Not sure if this has been said, will Itachi be fighting blind? Seeing that his eyes were taken away from him....unless ierno lol.
well I certainly assume that Itachis corpse has eyes

Edo Tensei only uses original souls, the bodies used are random

and since Orochi-summoned Hashirama had his wood and Deidara had his mouths and clay - then Bloodline Limits are kept and Itachi should have Sharingan and possibly MS

although making sure that the bodies are as fit/strong/fast as the originals can't be easy .. + limiting their free will (otherwise the likes of Itachi, Nagato & others will turn on Kabuto) reduces their combat potential most likely
We are Blackwatch
Old 2010-11-04, 14:17   Link #173
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
personally i see introducing new characters at this point not a sign of creativity, but kubotivity,
Oh sure, because recycling old characters in an extremely implausible way is much better than introducing new ones.

Quote:
plus there's the kage we've never seen before, and motoi's dad as well as the previous raikage are barely a few chapters old.
I'll try to contain my excitement.

Quote:
The people that were revived makes perfect sense like james said, because kabuto explictly says on page 12, panel 12 "Once we know our enemies, we'll be able to hit them exactly where it hurts the most"
Still makes no sense that he has enough chakra to resurrect so many people with a forbidden S-rank jutsu. Also, yeah, he's gonna deliberately go out of his way to revive maybe 5 or 6 ninjas, regardless of their combat prowess, so that he can psychologically devastate a handful of enemy ninjas. If that's the case, why didn't he bring back Jiraiya? (oh right, Jiraiya's not dead).

Quote:
So a random ninja that we never knew, would only be effectively for... another random on the good side that we don't really know, + flashbacks explaining the emotional connection... -__- oh that'll make a lovely 3-4 chapters (per new character)
Here's the thing: villains don't need to have a deep emotional backstory that somehow relates to the good guy they're fighting, despite Kishi's insistance that they do. Just look at what One Piece does with its villains. All it requires is that the villains be interesting and that there be good chemistry and interaction between them and the good guys.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 14:44   Link #174
krispin149
漫画家

Any thoughts on who the last summon is?
Old 2010-11-04, 14:46   Link #175
Kallen4life

it's obviously Rikudou Sennin

or Majin Buu

or AIZENS GHOST

or Madaras bro
We are Blackwatch
Old 2010-11-04, 14:58   Link #176
Repelsteeltju
DRRR!!

Thumbs down

Quote:
Still makes no sense that he has enough chakra to resurrect so many people with a forbidden S-rank jutsu. Also, yeah, he's gonna deliberately go out of his way to revive maybe 5 or 6 ninjas, regardless of their combat prowess, so that he can psychologically devastate a handful of enemy ninjas. If that's the case, why didn't he bring back Jiraiya? (oh right, Jiraiya's not dead).
There is no indication that preforming Edo Tensei even saps the user's chakra and Nagatou could resurrect pretty much all of Konaha ... if he hadn't killed them all and fought the nine tails he could have even done so without dieing himself.

tl;dr there was never any mention of how much chakra that Jutsu takes or how much chakra Kabuto has now. So what you are saying has no base whatsoever to say the least.

Quote:
Here's the thing: villains don't need to have a deep emotional backstory that somehow relates to the good guy they're fighting, despite Kishi's insistance that they do. Just look at what One Piece does with its villains. All it requires is that the villains be interesting and that there be good chemistry and interaction between them and the good guys.
Villains however do need some kind of motivation to do the things they do rather than just doing it for the evulz. Your comparison with one Piece is also invalid because the villains connection with the heroes is set in the current time-line and unlike in One Piece people actually die in Naruto. So yeah big difference.
Repelsteeltju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 15:46   Link #177
Ashaman

Two reasons why you can't really compare it to One Piece: One is that Naruto is very obviously gearing up for the end, while One Piece is still going strong.

Two is that One Piece is full with Rival pirates, where most characters come from. Right now, its Madara and co Vs. Ninja alliance in Naruto. Much different.

Any new villians now would be War Fodder, and we'd know it

Yeah, you are right that villians don't need proper back story to be interesting, but if a bunch of people with no background suddenly started playing on the big field with no warning, you'd be pissed and call that bad writing. then they would need to be given back story. Its another way Naruto is different from One Piece, where there is a default motivation of Get more Power, Get to the Top or something along those lines. They don'y need a background becuase its implied. What possible reason could someone have for teaming up with Madara at this point in time, helping him to steal peoples will from them. Sasuke and Kabuto have their own goals, and will most likely betray Madara first chance they get. Zetsu is still relatively unknown.

Kishi has sort of written himself into a hole here, but I get the feeling the Zombie horde is something he's been planning for awhile as well.

If he'd written more characters in earlier, that would be one thing, but then they would have been members of Akatsuki most likely.
Old 2010-11-04, 15:47   Link #178
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Funny that the people with the most hax abilities end up in the enemy side. The good guys only have the old man, Kazekage, Bee and Naruto.

If Madara we're smart, he'd attack their villages first.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 15:48   Link #179
Lunarskylar

Quote:
Oh sure, because recycling old characters in an extremely implausible way is much better than introducing new ones.
Well at this stage of the game, yes yes it is. Naruto's Character Roster is huge with enough underdeveloped characters as it is. Why add more fuel to the fire?

Quote:
I'll try to contain my excitement.
Actually, no wait, i just compared 494 to 515, that isn't Motoi's dad at all
So cookies to whoever can clarify whoever that is (or maybe it's a new person like you'd wish)

Quote:
Personally I see kabuto saving Jiraiya for the likes of Possibly Tsunade or even Naruto, considering how hax Kabuchimaru already is, I doubt this is his limit. And yes, Edo tensei has offically become haxed, but considering Kishi is the creator of the sharingan, his haxed jutsu aren't exactly a surprise. Plus logically at the climax of this war, a genius method or fatal flaw to defeat will be discovered that destroys the effectiveness of the technique (most likely by shikamaru)

Also, as many have said, there aren't any specifications of the jutsu and it's requirements in terms of chakra and etc.. Plus it's kabuto, a medical genius with the mind and powers of orochimaru, another scientific genius inside of him, plus he's surrounded by 7 of the 9 largest sources of chakra in the entire naruverse... so it would make no sense for him to go "I don't have enough chakra" o.O especially since certain techniques including chiyo's own tensei for gaara have shown that it is possible to use certain technqiues using someone else's chakra other than your own, there are so many possibilities on how he did it.
Personally I'm betting that he just created and took a chakra red bull after summoning everyone

Quote:
Well i haven't gotten the chance to read One Piece, even though I really want to, so I can't respond to that one except with, it's how Kishi writes as you said yourself. It's all a difference in style and perspective.

Now what I'm wondering is if Kabuto has access and the ability to control Itachi, yes what exactly stopping him from freeing Orochimaru, unless it's just impossible to take him out of the sword. But considering all the constant references that Oro's been getting recently, I think it'd be a shame not to bring him back for a glorious return since everyone else is getting one (not a zombie version, the real McCoy)

Kabuto's clever, but just not the same, especially with his whole "I'm a snake 24/7" outfit :S
Old 2010-11-04, 16:40   Link #180
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
Actually, no wait, i just compared 494 to 515, that isn't Motoi's dad at all
So cookies to whoever can clarify whoever that is (or maybe it's a new person like you'd wish)
I search the interwebs and i found nothing, but a friend told me that he looks like Kenpachi, so i told him: "dude, that's from another animu... " and i went to narutopedia, they labelled him as "Unknown Iwa Ninja" because of his flak jacket.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion