Spoiler:
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 07:13   Link #222
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodachrome View Post
And you get a F for twisting what I was saying by assuming I was saying they're "actions are acceptable" to begin with. (OH SNAP)
You were saying that "this isn't new for them so we shouldn't be making a big deal of it." Sounds pretty much like "just accept it because this is normal for them" to me.
Old 2008-07-13, 07:13   Link #223
Pathis87

CC needs to learn how to keep a room tidy lol lol
it's like she lives in a bachelor room :x

watching: Durarara - Fairy Tail -
DO NOT copy my signatures or Avatars without my permission ! http://forums.animesuki.com/album.php?u=79426
Pathis87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 07:13   Link #224
Riful
Of The West

DarkLord: I could understand that, if he was about to do something really horrible to Kallen. But, Refrain doesn't really impress me that much and ... there are by far worse ways to get somebody to tell you what you want to know. So I felt that Kallen was quite lucky XD
But ok, I guess you need Fanboy-mode for this.

Another thing, I think I didn't quite get this one from watching the raw. How did Suzaku lie to Kallen? He told her that Shirley killed herself, but from what he's thinking at the funeral, he (and all the others) believes that this is true as well. Or at least that's what I understood. I thought that maybe Lulu or somebody else made her death seem like suicide officially. Did I miss something?
Riful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 07:14   Link #225
Daniani

People really tend to forget what Lelouch has done during this series. For instance he geassed Shirley. It's the same as giving Refrain for me. He was a coward and didn't take any responsabilities about her father's death. And even so, she forgiven him... He killed Euphie and did many other sins.

I'm happy to not be a biased kallen fan / anti Suzaku . Kallen is the same as other character And Suzaku isn't more evil than Lelouch or Schainzel
Daniani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 07:15   Link #226
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Ummm, you were saying that "this isn't new for them so we shouldn't be making a big deal of it." Sounds pretty much like "just accept it because this is normal for them" to me.
.......uh, you get an F in interpretation then too.
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 07:15   Link #227
Aquaman OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
We may just be biased here as Kallen fans (some of us at least), or we may just be more shocked that Suzaku of all people might do such a thing. Or it may just be that we have a different perspective on which is worse: using drugs on (which he hasn't done yet) a prisoner who is technically a friend of yours and someone your friends and master (Nunnally) highly values, or killing a bunch of kids. It may also be that the matter of Kallen just.. gets to us more personally, you know? We all know Kallen. We didn't know those kids and while their deaths may be quite tragic, it might not hit us as hard as what might happen to Kallen...
It's a much more complex than Kallen vs a bunch of kids.

Someone on 4chan said it well.

Suzaku is going to drug a friend once to help stop an (in his eyes) remorseless murderer.

Lelouch killed EVERYONE in a city because he was mad his woman died, most of whom were defenseless (only two people actually fought back)

And yes we are supposed to care about the masses. If a named character dies to protect a bunch of faceless guys thats supposed to be heroic. You're not supposed to wish death on tons of faceless guys so the named characters is ok.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 07:16   Link #228
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniani View Post
People really tend to forget what Lelouch has done during this series. For instance he geassed Shirley. It's the same as giving Refrain for me. He was a coward and didn't take any responsabilities about her father's death. And even so, she forgiven him... He killed Euphie and did many other sins.
I don't think Shirely knew that Lelouch Geassed Euphy into the massacre, though. (intentional or otherwise) That would make a big difference in Shirley forgiving him for all his sins.
Old 2008-07-13, 07:17   Link #229
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
And yes we are supposed to care about the masses. If a named character dies to protect a bunch of faceless guys thats supposed to be heroic. You're not supposed to wish death on tons of faceless guys so the named characters is ok.
What happens if your shipping said named character?
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 07:17   Link #230
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodachrome View Post
.......uh, you get an F in interpretation then too.
Nah, you just need to make what you're saying more clear then if I misinterpreted it. Because, like I said, you've been saying "stop making a big deal out of this because this isn't anything new", when it is new for them.
Old 2008-07-13, 07:20   Link #231
Daniani

Quote:
I don't think Shirely knew that Lelouch Geassed Euphy into the massacre, though. (intentional or otherwise) That would make a big difference in Shirley forgiving him for all his sins.
I didn't say that, I just gave two of his wrong action so far. Yes, Euphie's death was necessary (and even so, Jeremiah could have saved her in the end), but it was Lelouch's fault.

As I said, Lelouch killed an innocent during his fight with Guilford, and people said nothing. That's normal because it was an unamed character . Seriously it's so wrong..........

Even if Kallen is my favorite character, for me she is no different from other people in this show. I will not be happy if thjey have to kill innocent people to save her. I hope it will not happen.
Old 2008-07-13, 07:20   Link #232
nero23

DId anyone watch HorribleRaws version? There's a preview of 00 Gundam near the end. Looks like two reactors on the thing, plus a gunsword.
nero23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 07:21   Link #233
Aquaman OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
What happens if your shipping said named character?
Then you are being biased and your opinion doesn't count as much.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 07:24   Link #234
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
I didn't say that, I just gave two of his wrong action so far. Yes, Euphie's death was necessary (and even so, Jeremiah could have saved her in the end), but it was Lelouch's fault.
I never said you said she knew, lol. I'm just saying that Shirley probably didn't know, and if she did she mighht not have been so easily forgiving.

Quote:
As I said, Lelouck killed an innocent during his fight with Guilford, and people said nothing. That's normal because it was an unamed character . It's so wrong..........
In that case that was nothing new, as he had already done it a bajillion times previously in various situations, so I can see why nobody would make a big deal out of that particular instance. It doesn't make it any more right, but this being an anime, people aren't going to cry out every time the same thing happens, lol. People don't point out every single time an ace pilot takes out a grunt mech.
Old 2008-07-13, 07:26   Link #235
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Nah, you just need to make what you're saying more clear then if I misinterpreted it. Because, like I said, you've been saying "stop making a big deal out of this because this isn't anything new", when it is new for them.
But it isn't, unless you mean "new in the story", in which case, you're correct. But as far as their character goes? It doesn't surprise me that they did any of this bullshit because I don't find it in new in their character. I don't find it new in their character because what I "accepted" is that they're all delusional and will do whatever they'd like and delude themselves with any excuse they'd like.
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 07:26   Link #236
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
It's a much more complex than Kallen vs a bunch of kids.

Someone on 4chan said it well.

Suzaku is going to drug a friend once to help stop an (in his eyes) remorseless murderer.

Lelouch killed EVERYONE in a city because he was mad his woman died, most of whom were defenseless (only two people actually fought back)

I think this misses the point. Lelouch killing for revenge is not out of his character, he's consumed by his rage at this point. It's to be expected.

Suzaku going this far is WAY out of his character, it's totally unexpected. The shock of it causes people to be more focused on it. Suzaku not only betrayed Nunnally's trust big time, he did something Lelouch didn't expect of him. You see, the reason Lelouch isn't worried about Kallen that much is because he still trusts Suzaku to treat her well. That's why he's okay with Suzaku being with Nunnally for now. This just shows that Suzaku is much more despicable than any of the characters in the show know him to be.

They're both wrong, but Suzaku just showed he's not worthy of the trust the in-universe people place in him.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 07:27   Link #237
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
As I said, Lelouch killed an innocent during his fight with Guilford, and people said nothing. That's normal because it was an unamed character . Seriously it's so wrong..........
Wait i thought it was just soldiers and police that got killed while all the civvies ran away.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 07:28   Link #238
Daniani

Quote:
I never said you said she knew, lol. I'm just saying that Shirley probably didn't know, and if she did she mighht not have been so easily forgiving.

In that case that was nothing new, as he had already done it a bajillion times previously in various situations, so I can see why nobody would make a big deal out of that particular instance. It doesn't make it any more right, but this being an anime, people aren't going to cry out every time the same thing happens, lol. People don't point out every single time an ace pilot takes out a grunt mech.
Yes you're right , but it didn't make him a better man than Suzaku. So why so much hate against Suzaku and not Lelouch? I don't see another reason than saying people are biased.
Old 2008-07-13, 07:29   Link #239
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
I think this misses the point. Lelouch killing for revenge is not out of his character, he's consumed by his rage at this point. It's to be expected.
Lelouch killing for revenge in itself, is to be expected, sure. Lelouch massacreing an entire city of men, women, and children, regardless of innocence or not, is certainly new. He certainly cared when he got all those innocent people killed in the incident with Euphy and the SAZ. He's never attacked anybody so ruthlessly before.
Old 2008-07-13, 07:30   Link #240
Daniani

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Wait i thought it was just soldiers and police that got killed while all the civvies ran away.
I'm talking about the man he geassed when he was with rivalz. The man shot himself in the head later in the episode. That was a geass order. This man did nothing. That's just cruel. No one has tocry for him, but people need to understand that Lelouch is not better than suzaku.