AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-01, 00:51   Link #181
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

The Accelerator's violent scene is on the latter volume of light novel. The anime will only cover till vol 5 of light novel so I guess we won't know until second season ^^. BTW, in which ep is there original anime scene with index doing nothing that you mention serenade?

Quote:
ItsuwaxToma sound more cute
Hmm, depends which type character you like more, tsundere type or the cute girly type I guess. I personally prefer MikotoxTouma more, though I doubt there will be romance in this novel with Touma as thickheaded as usual ^^
Old 2009-02-01, 06:06   Link #182
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Anyway, I've also heard they left something else out, something about some serial killer.
Hino... He appears in the middle of volume 4 and is the reason the group goes back to Touma's house. He's an incredibly mad person, and I guess it is possible that he was removed from the anime because he wasn't appropriate for TV broadcasting (both actions and looks)? Because he was removed, we also lost the chamse to see Misha's only fight in this arc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
BTW, in which ep is there original anime scene with index doing nothing that you mention serenade?
Beginning of volume 4's arc, before the whole chaos started. Episode 15.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-02-01, 11:37   Link #183
Miraluka
Banned

Thanks for the your resume Serenade (n_n)/b
Old 2009-02-01, 13:59   Link #184
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
He's an incredibly mad person, and I guess it is possible that he was removed from the anime because he wasn't appropriate for TV broadcasting
This sort of reinforces the idea Accelerator's violent scenes will be removed as well. That's too bad. (By the way, what exactly did that chap do? I know, serial killer, but was he THAT bad?)

I wonder, if they worry about the audience, why don't they just have the episode aired in a night-time slot? Oh well, I suppose potential TV ratings affect these kind of decisions.

Maybe on the DVDs....
Old 2009-02-01, 17:59   Link #185
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
but ripping the skin from Stiyl in the alchemist arc wasnīt too hardcore for TV? iīm shocked

@ sere, itīs not a great great position
Spoiler for spoiler:
dis sumfin wei different frīm jus bein great position like beeinīn elīcted pope or smfin

^still workin on my wannabe english-kansai dialect
Old 2009-02-01, 18:42   Link #186
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
(By the way, what exactly did that chap do? I know, serial killer, but was he THAT bad?)
Completely forgot... But he was bad... Something about his teeth and nails in my memory... He also gets some of his teeth ripped out by Misha, if I remember correctly. He's also mentally ill, having a double personality disorder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
but ripping the skin from Stiyl in the alchemist arc wasnīt too hardcore for TV? iīm shocked

@ sere, itīs not a great great position
Spoiler for spoiler:
dis sumfin wei different frīm jus bein great position like beeinīn elīcted pope or smfin

^still workin on my wannabe english-kansai dialect
Well, originally, Stiyl was basically supposed to blow up or get ripped and turned into a human planetarium, so the anime version is a weakened version.
Imouto was also supposed to be found in a... more gruesome mess than the anime showed.

In other words, a great position.

Eh...?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-02-01, 19:37   Link #187
Used Can

Please elaborate
Old 2009-02-02, 17:24   Link #188
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
It would be great if we had more scanlations of Toaru Majutsu no Index, :/, how many manga chapters are out there?
Old 2009-02-03, 10:02   Link #189
Bordix

Quote:
It would be great if we had more scanlations of Toaru Majutsu no Index, :/, how many manga chapters are out there?
Translated chapters --> 18 chs, The TL is still on a break.

^Could someone make a short summary of this girl here.. especially about her powers
thanks
Old 2009-02-03, 18:18   Link #190
ken_FF
剱冑の理、ここに在り

Send a message via Yahoo to ken_FF
Refer to "To Aru Majutsu no Index - Wikipedia: Musujime Awaki"
Old 2009-02-03, 23:51   Link #191
Bordix

Quote:
Move point (座標移動, Zahyō Idō?, "Move Target"
yeah, I've already checked wiki but the description of her power isn't very clear.....So, is it kinda like teleportation or something?

thanks
Old 2009-02-04, 04:28   Link #192
ken_FF
剱冑の理、ここに在り

Basically a powered-up version of teleportation. Move Point is an ESP ability where you can teleport any object (including the power user) to the power user's desired destination without having any direct contact, While teleportation needs a direct contact with the object you want to teleport in order to activate.

It has some set-backs though. Naturally, it's effective range is limited. It also requires greater amount of concentration, so the risk is greater than that of teleportation.
Old 2009-02-04, 04:42   Link #193
Bordix

I see I see, thanks

Without direct contract ei? Man, That is so deadly , No wonder Kuroko looks so owned there. Btw, last question what was that trauma of hers that stopped her from reaching level 5?
Old 2009-02-04, 04:56   Link #194
ken_FF
剱冑の理、ここに在り

Er, she made some miss while trying to move herself during her skill advancement program. Lower half of her body got stuck to the wall, which caused her fear everytime she tries to use the Move Point to herself. This made her vulnerable since she can't teleport herself to evade her enemy's attack. That was why she was beaten up bad even by a injury-handicapped Accelerator.
Old 2009-02-04, 09:25   Link #195
Bordix

lol, that's messed up and they fought? I thought they were in the same "group"
Old 2009-02-04, 09:57   Link #196
ken_FF
剱冑の理、ここに在り

They're going to be, only later.
Old 2009-02-04, 16:57   Link #197
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

So, on the topic of how the espers' abilities work, what about Academy City's #2, Kakine Teitoku? A quick wiki search tells me that his ability is called Dark Matter (未元物質, Migen Busshitsu, "Unknown Matter"). Is it related to real world dark matter or dark energy, or does it refer to antimatter, or is it something else?

Also, how big is the power difference between #1 and #2, and between #2 and #3? Or are their ranks not related to their relative strength and just tells us who became level 5 1st?
Old 2009-02-04, 18:38   Link #198
ken_FF
剱冑の理、ここに在り

Basically, it's an ESP ability where the power user produce (or draw out) an elementary particle that does not exist in this world, and take control of it.

Unlike the real world dark matter, 未元物質 is said to be a matter that's not have been found yet. Since it's a matter that does not exist in the world, it doesn't follow the physical laws, and it can change the nature of any matter that exist in the world by having contact with it. (e.g. the sun light that came to contact with it became a killer ray). Summing it up, The Dark matter not only produces a unknown elemental particle, it also changes the entire physical law followed by the matters found in earth by having contact with it.

Darkmatter's outer appearance resembles that of a seraphic wings. Also, during his fight with accelerator, he used those wings to create a vector that defies the physical law to attack Accelerator. he's one of the few persons who was able to give Accelerator a direct damage.
Old 2009-02-04, 22:35   Link #199
Used Can

I see, he used Enuma Elish against Accelerator.

Anyway, the new volume will be out next month, right?
Old 2009-02-05, 05:12   Link #200
iceyfw

can a novel reader tell me if touma really dies in voume 16? wikipedia's summary of it says

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voume 16 Summary
Itsuwa has been assigned to become Tōma's caretaker and their relationship becomes closer, much to the jealousy of Index and Mikoto. When an agent of God's Right Seat arrives, the Amakusa Catholics Warriors, Kaori Kanzaki, and Tōma try to defeat this powerful enemy. Itsuwa tries to help, but the boy she loves is killed in front of her.
and i'm sure a poster has asked this question somewhere, but who is officially in touma's little harem circle love wise? i counted four so far.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen