AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-04-19, 00:16   Link #13221
Grey

I thought there might be a time skip but...special skill animal empathy? What happened to Medaka's collection of crazy powers? I hope this isn't a sign that she gave up all her crazy abilities. Ridiculously over-powered Medaka is the only Medaka. I accept no substitutes.

Unless Medaka gave her powers to Nienami and Nienami has gone full Anshin'in mode. I'd accept that.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 00:18   Link #13222
Viridian

Good chapter. Pretty sad it's ending, it was actually one of my favourite series.

Why didn't they actually show some of the fights, if the last arc was meant to be the climax action-wise?
Old 2013-04-19, 00:24   Link #13223
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Did I miss what happens to Minus Duo

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 00:36   Link #13224
zigantz22

Though somewhat interesting, this was definitely a dull chapter, due to the fairly standard and only occasionally informative ramblings of each post-graduation path for nearly every character but the consequential ones, namely Kumagawa, Zenkichi for the most part, and Medaka. Not to mention, Nienami and Ajimu.

I'm looking forward to the final chapter, in part because of Medaka and Zenkichi's reunion, but I'm not exactly expecting some deep satisfaction to be felt after the conclusion, given the likelihood that the next chapter will solely be able to quickly resolve a few remaining mysteries, while vaguely foreshadowing further developments. I'm somewhat expecting that Kumagawa will be revealed as the father of Mogana's child, and I'm hoping that Medaka and Zenkichi will finally have the happy ending that Zenkichi deserves. Of course, I also hope Ajimu makes an appearance, but that seems rather foolish at this point, unfortunately.

Also, in retrospect, with the knowledge that these actually are the final chapters, the previous arc really couldn't have been much worse.
zigantz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 00:47   Link #13225
Thth
???

Mogana's child had white hair!! Kumagawa had white hair as a child too.. hmm..

Also the thought of Iihiko (echo) as an attraction is hilarious....
Ok chapter I guess.
Thth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 00:50   Link #13226
Teorenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigantz22 View Post
I'm somewhat expecting that Kumagawa will be revealed as the father of Mogana's child
Is that even possible though since they mentioned that they haven't even heard from him since he graduated?
Teorenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 00:56   Link #13227
zigantz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teorenz View Post
Is that even possible though since they mentioned that they haven't even heard from him since he graduated?
Mogana had a peculiar reaction after his absence was mentioned, so perhaps she alone is aware of what has happened to him.
zigantz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 01:03   Link #13228
Teorenz

Quote:
Mogana had a peculiar reaction after his absence was mentioned, so perhaps she alone is aware of what has happened to him.
He was actually my first guess as well since the child's name Mogami sounds like a combination of both their first names, Mogana and Misogi.
That was the only thing that was making me think otherwise but I guess you could be right? Not sure what they would be keeping secret to everyone though if that is the case.
Teorenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 01:07   Link #13229
Wolfenstein

"Okay" chapter I guess.

The Heat + Bami duo seemed to come out of nowhere, you'd have expected the much more likely Kei + Zen. They're a bit too friendly now, but I guess alot happened between them in 10 years.

I'd bet all I own that Kumagawa is the father of Kikaijima's child, too.
Old 2013-04-19, 01:09   Link #13230
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Spoiler for Best Girl:
Old 2013-04-19, 02:04   Link #13231
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Spoiler for Best Girl:
Quoted for truth.

<3 Naze/Kujira
Old 2013-04-19, 02:12   Link #13232
DawnEmperor

What, does she still have her bandage habit?
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 02:16   Link #13233
Sol Falling

I can't believe there are people who actually take the Kumagawa == Kikaijima's kid's father idea seriously...like honestly, is it even possible to so fundamentally misunderstand this manga. It's pure delusion. Kikaijima's relationship with Kumagawa was never remotely portrayed to be something important to the story, she's portrayed as having given birth to a child while Kumagawa has been unseen for 10 years...

I could make a fortune with all of these guys who say they'd bet money. Unfortunately I'm gonna be pretty busy this week with finals, but just know that I will be totally laughing next week at all of the chumps who actually believed in it.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 02:29   Link #13234
Kinali

Quote:
Though somewhat interesting, this was definitely a dull chapter, due to the fairly standard and only occasionally informative ramblings of each post-graduation path for nearly every character but the consequential ones, namely Kumagawa, Zenkichi for the most part, and Medaka. Not to mention, Nienami and Ajimu.

I'm looking forward to the final chapter, in part because of Medaka and Zenkichi's reunion, but I'm not exactly expecting some deep satisfaction to be felt after the conclusion, given the likelihood that the next chapter will solely be able to quickly resolve a few remaining mysteries, while vaguely foreshadowing further developments. I'm somewhat expecting that Kumagawa will be revealed as the father of Mogana's child, and I'm hoping that Medaka and Zenkichi will finally have the happy ending that Zenkichi deserves. Of course, I also hope Ajimu makes an appearance, but that seems rather foolish at this point, unfortunately.

Also, in retrospect, with the knowledge that these actually are the final chapters, the previous arc really couldn't have been much worse.
Well a Zenkichi and Medaka happy ending will be ok but it definitely won't be that satisfying. Actually any relationship involving Kumagawa, Zenkichi, Medaka or Ajimu for that matter will be unsatisfying. There just isn't enough time to make those relationships seem any good. The only one that seems ok at this moment is Zenkichi and Medaka. Of course a Mogana and Kumagawa relationship might be ok since it does look like it can be his. Notice how she didn't tell them her surname? Something is fishy about that and her reaction about Kumagawa but i doubt its his. EDIT. Actually I'm pretty sure its not his since Torai and co. have been looking for him and the surname will definitely give him away.

But yea this what i think:

ZenxMedaka = hmmm. ok
MoganaxKumagawa = hmmm ok
KumagawaxMedaka = ah wtf? she was hiding him in the closet!
KumagawaxAjimu = really? WTF? Need a spinoff here please.

ZenxNienami= hell yea!
Kinali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 02:33   Link #13235
Wolfenstein

This chapter's worst sin is how it crushed my dreams for a NienamixZenkichiEmukaexZenkichi ending.

Fucking Medaka. He could've moved on.

I liked the foreshadowed KikaijimaxMisogi, though. I always liked them toguether.
Old 2013-04-19, 02:48   Link #13236
Kinali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
This chapter's worst sin is how it crushed my dreams for a NienamixZenkichiEmukaexZenkichi ending.

Fucking Medaka. He could've moved on.

I liked the foreshadowed KikaijimaxMisogi, though. I always liked them toguether.
Well I don't think EmukaexZenkichi will happen so I'll have to move on from that. BUT there was no mention of Nienami. So I can dream that they are married and that she doesn't care that he will work with Medaka because he really is just saying good bye as a romantic interest and greeting himself again as her bestfriend. Who am I kidding? That for sure won't happen.
Kinali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 05:15   Link #13237
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Spoiler for Best Girl:
Master Naze~!

So glad some things never change, especially the changing room~
Old 2013-04-19, 07:23   Link #13238
willx
Nyaaan~~

Oh Naze .. Kmuagawa is totally Kikkaijima's baby-mama father!
Old 2013-04-19, 07:27   Link #13239
kenjtr

It seems medaka really hates zenkichi since if she loved him she would tell him to move on long time ago , in the end i dont think i will ever be able to like medaka .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 08:17   Link #13240
Last Carpet

hmmm.....can't help but wonder where this is going to go now.

Looks like Zen fell back into the "following Medaka until he catches up with her" routine. So much for learning how to stick up for himself. Ten years and he still won't give it up.

Marriage is about equality, an equal and willing partnership where husbands and wives share the decisions and sacrifices.

And again, with Medaka it's all take and no give.
That marriage is doomed until she figures it out
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council