AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-04-18, 23:42   Link #4981
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

ZF has 7... 9 technically... they mentioned that Uldum would be an open riding sorta zone didn't they?
Old 2010-04-18, 23:51   Link #4982
Clarste
Human

Uldum's supposed to be a deserty Egyptian themed place filled with Titan ruins. It's actually an entire zone, and will probably have more than one dungeon in it. Maybe even a raid.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 23:07   Link #4983
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Sphinx mount maybe? XD
Old 2010-04-22, 05:53   Link #4984
Mr Hat and Clogs

I can picture it....

I can also see a lot of Obsidian Destroyers...
Old 2010-04-23, 05:34   Link #4985
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

I must say human-form Deathwing looks pretty epic. xD

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/.../april/059.jpg
Old 2010-04-23, 07:36   Link #4986
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
I must say human-form Deathwing looks pretty epic. xD

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/.../april/059.jpg
Raymond Swanland is my favorite fantasy artist ever, I wish they'd have credited him with those pics. He's done a ton of pieces for both Magic the Gathering and the WoW card game and all of them are among the best. I don't think any other artist has ever managed to capture extreme, raw fury so well.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 19:36   Link #4987
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I'm not sure how to feel about the following...I don't think I like it...

Spoiler for Major news on 10 and 25 player lockouts!:
Old 2010-04-26, 20:36   Link #4988
Mr Hat and Clogs

I like it.... gives those that prefer 10's some validity. Personally I prefer 10's to 25's the smaller group feels a little more... personal or something. Either way alt's will be hilariously more geared now. Wonder if Legendaries will be available in 10's - I doubt it.
Old 2010-04-26, 21:06   Link #4989
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I can't even remember the last time I did a 10 player run. Maybe January? I'll probably stick to 25s and hope the GDKP numbers rise. Guildies always run their 10 mans well after midnight, which I just can't do since I'm working and have early starts.
Old 2010-04-26, 23:41   Link #4990
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'm not sure if that is the most ideal solution to raiding. I can see it, but I don't know is having the lockout be for both 10 and 25 for the same raid is a worthwhile move. Because I think I was in a 25 man rep group in ICC and we had a hell of a time with it. Later in the week I was in 10 man group and it was relatively easy.

Also there are things like VOA where people run 25 man and 10 man during a week for badges or gear. I've not done that yet since the 25 mans usually break up now after two bosses droppped or rather close to despawn time...so I've never run VOA 10, and never killed the original boss more the 3.1 boss. Just the most recent two.
Old 2010-04-27, 00:11   Link #4991
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

They're either trying to prevent people getting geared/bored too quickly and/or encouraging more alt playing. They were hinting they wanted Cataclysm to be harder overall than Lich King.
Old 2010-04-27, 00:11   Link #4992
Xacual

In my opinion it doesn't fix any of the issues with raiding as it stands right now. The hardcore guilds will still run alt groups, they just won't run 10s or alt 10s. Hell now this means that if I want to raid 5 nights a week like I do now(3 days I do 25s and then 1-2 nights depending for 10s) I now have to have an alt or I just won't have a reason to log in and play. Honestly this change makes me less likely to buy cataclysm if I'm going to have even less to do than I do now.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 00:26   Link #4993
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
http://www.wow.com/2010/04/26/catacl...point-changes/

Arena Points getting renamed to Conquest Points, Badges being replaced with points system (Hero Points for low tier, Valor Points for high tier), personal ratings being mostly removed as a requirement for items.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 00:43   Link #4994
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Those PvP changes I like. The Rated BG system sounds good and should balance things more. But I don't like the PvE changes. It's not like I do much raiding at present (9/12 ICC25 in 3 hours). It's been the case for the last year and a bit that learning to do encounters on 10 was a way to be prepared for 25 and maybe get a bit of gear upgrading in the process. This new system prevents that. First week at 85, major guilds are going to have to decide whether to burn it on 10s to learn what the new raids are like or to risk doing 25. This system will be HEAVILY skewed to the major guilds that will get Beta priority and will know the raids inside out by the time they come live.
Old 2010-04-27, 20:48   Link #4995
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Not that I play World of Warcrack, but I just saw the death of Arthas trailer thingy...

So let me get this straight...

You play as these badass, uber nigh-demigod characters in war3...none of whom could kill each other completely...

And then take out these uber badass characters you were previously playing as by ganging up on them with a bunch of random nameless adventurers?

Wow. Epic fail, blizz.

It just dropped the villain ball on its most awesome characters (Illidan and Arthas both!--not to mention Malygos)

So now what? Alextrasza helps you whomp Deathwing? And after that?

Blizzard's running out of villains -.-....
Old 2010-04-27, 21:34   Link #4996
Mr Hat and Clogs

No that's not it really at all...

The player characters are also "Hero's". True we're not a story notoriety like Arthas or Jaina, but we are getting famous for our deeds. There are quests where its referencing to our past deeds, and little lore snippets where people acknowledge you. True there are millions of people playing WOW and things seem diluted, but in the story of the game the players are Heros too.
Old 2010-04-28, 00:23   Link #4997
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
rue there are millions of people playing WOW and things seem diluted, but in the story of the game the players are Heros too.
Millions of people playing + heroes.

What do you call a country in which every person is a billionaire? Wealthy?

I call it Zimbabwe

That's the exact problem I have right now. Mooks. Swarming not just a hero, but a character. Now whether or not they were good, bad, or ugly, it feels like getting utterly violated when after being Arthas and Illidan and playing through their fates that their story simply ends with them being farm bosses, swarmed by a couple of named random "heroes" and a bunch of ersatz-hero mooks.
Old 2010-04-28, 00:40   Link #4998
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Technically, it would be only 10 or 25 heroes (plus NPC+) that kill the old heroes, rather than millions.

It isn't like MC or old Onyxia where it really is just 40 random people killing big things....in Northrend, you <name> are a hero. You are one of the best...the elite. You've done countless tasks of heroism, defeated who knows how many enemies of the world. Became the Champion of the Argent Tournement...the best of the best. It really shows when you've done all quest chains or are exalted with most factions. They treat you like a hero.

And it still takes several of you to take down one WC3 hero. And even then you need help. I'd say that is something is Arthus' favor.

When he can be one manned by some random hero paladin (solo)...then we are on the level of WC3 hero. For now, we are low level heros (relatively speaking) units. A bunch of level 8s verses a level 10 with all bonuses.
Old 2010-04-28, 01:24   Link #4999
Mr Hat and Clogs

Yeah we aren't a grunt. Demongod, you don't need to look at it to compare what everyone else is doing - they don't matter. The quests and so on only care about you (or the group you are with) not the 10 million other mooks running around - that's the only thing you need to worry about, yourself and you friends. I just worry about my experience in the game and that doesn't involve any other guilds or people outside of my own, as far as I'm concerned they don't exist!
Old 2010-04-29, 21:28   Link #5000
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

MMO-Champion reported today that apparently Cataclysm Alpha testing hasn't even started yet due to two supposedly large setbacks that people aren't elaborating on. I.e. Don't get your hopes up for Beta to appear soon. I'm still thinking of a Q4 release for live Cata.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows