AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-25, 03:13   Link #1
Slick_rick

Action show focused on female lead

Looking for an action show focused on a female lead who is a complete badass. Plus for it having Yuri/subtext. Main focus/events of the show should be about her. Also female lead should be a bit on the psychopath at times. Guns, swords, whatever doesn't matter really. The more violence the better. She should always be a badass so no chickification.

No, not Elfen Lied... female should always be in badass mode.
I know about Black Lagoon. I'll probably watch that sometime.
No, not Ikkitousen either. Not too fond of overboard fanservice.

MyAnimelist is next to my Sig if you want to check it out. Appreciate the help.
Old 2009-02-25, 03:17   Link #2
monir
cho~ kakkoii

6, 9, 12, 17 from your plan-to-watch list.
Old 2009-02-25, 03:58   Link #3
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
6, 9, 12, 17 from your plan-to-watch list.
True I'm already a big fan of this type of show, if it wasn't obvious by checking out my MAL. Planning on buying Madlax so that have to wait till I have the money to spare, KNK6 isn't out yet, Moribito same as Madlax, and Wellber I'll probably get to some time.
Old 2009-02-25, 04:33   Link #4
Shadow Kira01

From your "plan to watch" list:

Kara no Kyoukai 6
Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora
Murder Princess
Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo

Other suggestions are as follows...

BLUE DROP
Kannazuki no Miko
Mai-HiME
Mai-Otome
Simoun
Steel Angel Kurumi S2
Traveller Yami

----
Since I either haven't watched most of these or they aren't even in my animelist, it would be best for you check the links out to see if you like it or not before watching.
Old 2009-02-25, 04:42   Link #5
Slick_rick

BLUE DROP- Already watched
Kannazuki no Miko- Already watched
Mai-HiME- Already watched
Mai-Otome- Already watched
Simoun- Ewww never watching or thinking about again!
Steel Angel Kurumi S2- Knew about. Maybe on rainy day.
Traveller Yami- Know what it's about. Might give a chance but not really my style.

Thanks though for the suggestions.
Old 2009-02-27, 16:35   Link #6
Fantaghiro

Hm...Yuri subtext... badass, psychopatic female lead...Guns...no chickification...no loser-fanboy-service...I think you should try noir It´s very unique, a film noir series inanime format with great soundtracks. Here´s a great amv for preview: Link

Last edited by Fantaghiro; 2009-02-27 at 16:38. Reason: format
Old 2009-02-27, 17:03   Link #7
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

An oldy, but a goody….Try READ or DIE..The badass chick is only like 10 years old though, but she kicks serious a$$...Currently Michiko to Hatchin fits the bill…It’s my favorite show right now and the main baddie is one of the most gorgeous anime characters I have ever seen in all my days watching this stuff...

Also color me shocked that no-one mentions GITs, GITSSAC, GITSSAC 2nd Gig…Major Motoko is the most bada$$ female character in all of anime…

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2009-02-27 at 17:20.
Old 2009-02-27, 17:17   Link #8
jedinat

Yeah, second for Michiko to Hatchin... though it can get kind of...weird sometimes.

I don't see Kino no Tabi on your list..?! Kino is badass. It's not really an action show though (there is action in it--Kino is godly with her gun). It doesn't exactly fit your request, but everyone should have seen this anime.

Re:Cutie Honey - crazy action/ecchi anime with a ton of yuri subtext. One of the girls, at least, is pretty badass.
Old 2009-02-27, 17:39   Link #9
Telmah

Send a message via AIM to Telmah Send a message via MSN to Telmah
I really wanted to say Claymore but you've already watched it. Clara seems ot fit that bill well.

I'd say Murder Princess which is on your plan to watch list already. Falis is pretty much fits the bill. It's kinda goofy at times though and a short ova of six.

Ruin Explorers is alright, though its a bit short with only four episodes. Less crazy, but still cool.
Old 2009-02-27, 20:38   Link #10
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantaghiro View Post
Hm...Yuri subtext... badass, psychopatic female lead...Guns...no chickification...no loser-fanboy-service...I think you should try noir It´s very unique, a film noir series inanime format with great soundtracks. Here´s a great amv for preview: Link
All good reasons why it's one of my all-time favorite animes. Through I wouldn't mind rewatching it for the umpteenth time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
An oldy, but a goody….Try READ or DIE..The badass chick is only like 10 years old though, but she kicks serious a$$...Currently Michiko to Hatchin fits the bill…It’s my favorite show right now and the main baddie is one of the most gorgeous anime characters I have ever seen in all my days watching this stuff...

Also color me shocked that no-one mentions GITs, GITSSAC, GITSSAC 2nd Gig…Major Motoko is the most bada$$ female character in all of anime…
I've been meaning to try out Read or Die and I'll certainly check out Michiko to Hatchin. I like GIT a lot mainly because of the Major as I'm not actually that big of a fan of cyberpunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Yeah, second for Michiko to Hatchin... though it can get kind of...weird sometimes.

I don't see Kino no Tabi on your list..?! Kino is badass. It's not really an action show though (there is action in it--Kino is godly with her gun). It doesn't exactly fit your request, but everyone should have seen this anime.

Re:Cutie Honey - crazy action/ecchi anime with a ton of yuri subtext. One of the girls, at least, is pretty badass.
Kino no Tabi definitely sounds interesting. I'll check it out. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telmah View Post
I really wanted to say Claymore but you've already watched it. Clara seems ot fit that bill well.

I'd say Murder Princess which is on your plan to watch list already. Falis is pretty much fits the bill. It's kinda goofy at times though and a short ova of six.

Ruin Explorers is alright, though its a bit short with only four episodes. Less crazy, but still cool.
Ruin explorers doesn't seem my style but since it's fairly short I might check it out when I get a chance. Thanks.
Old 2009-02-27, 22:06   Link #11
Autumn Demon
~

yami to boushi to hon no tabibito
Old 2009-02-28, 19:47   Link #12
libba
nepenthes rajah

I'm gonna be laughed at, but, hey, if you don't mind some parody and comedy with your sword-and-sorcery fantasy, try good old Slayers. Lina Inverse is as badass as they come, she destroys pretty much everything in her path XD
Old 2009-02-28, 22:20   Link #13
Woodchips
つかれた!

Rideback is looking like being exactly what the doctor ordered. Only annoying thing about it is the horrible Engrish in the OP. Damned catchy, though.

Can I ask why you rejected Simoun? After four episodes I was hooked. Took me ages to get into it, because the premise looks horrible. One of the few anime in my list that got a 9/10 on myanimelist.net.

Crono Chrusade is a great anime. Although not sure if she fits the 'badass' requirement. She's stubborn as hell though.

Seems you've watched all the others I would go on to recommend.
Old 2009-03-01, 09:00   Link #14
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodchips View Post
Rideback is looking like being exactly what the doctor ordered. Only annoying thing about it is the horrible Engrish in the OP. Damned catchy, though.

Can I ask why you rejected Simoun? After four episodes I was hooked. Took me ages to get into it, because the premise looks horrible. One of the few anime in my list that got a 9/10 on myanimelist.net.

Crono Chrusade is a great anime. Although not sure if she fits the 'badass' requirement. She's stubborn as hell though.

Seems you've watched all the others I would go on to recommend.
Rideback is definitely something I'll check out. I was going to wait till next season but I was hearing good things about it so I might just catch up to the current episodes. We'll see.

I've already watched Simoun. It is most likely the anime that causes me the most rage and disgust. I despise it. The only reason I continued to watch it was because it was Yuri and I still almost quit on it completely a few things.
Spoiler for Simoun:

Please don't make me think about that show anymore though. You basically already ruined my morning.

Chrno Crusade is a maybe. I heard there's chickification at the end but I hear there's none in the manga so I'd probably just stick with the manga. Thanks for the suggestions.